Pokemon League On LeagueGaming Pt 2

Discussion in 'Pokemon' started by Tcx7, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    *EDIT* I'm putting this at the top as its probably the most important thing. We will be using 414 Pokemon (All the tiers combined) So if you were afraid to have to go through 720 don't worry about it!

Hi, I've decided to create a new thread to explain more about my ideas. Please feel free to comment on what you would like to see. This is something that's not really of there right now. Lets make LeagueGaming the place to go for it.

What I have.

All things being talked about:

Rules
    A full rule book to keep this league fun and competitive. I have most rules already down, however if there is something you would like to see please let me know!.

Standings
    Win/Loss tracking, Pokemon differential, and seeding for playoffs pretty simple stuff.

Full Schedule
    My idea is to have "Weeks" like all the other leagues Sunday - Thursday. The difference here is you can play these games at any time during the week! This makes sure the Pokemon League never interrupts with the other leagues on the site. Depending on how many members we have, we can do 2-3 Matches a week. This would leave fairly short season overall.

Pokemon Draft to begin every season (Maybe even contracts for Pokemon you would like to keep)
    The draft would happen before the season with each player drafting 10 Pokemon from the 5 available tiers.

Trades
    Wouldn't be a league without trades, some restrictions would apply so no one is shady about it. Simple trading system like the NHL leagues have.

Add/Drop
    The ability to add and drop Pokemon 2-3 times during the season. Depending on how many weeks we have of course.

How this will all be done
    While the 3DS is a good idea, it could never work without really dedicated members. PokemonShowdown is a simulator that can take care of all our needs when it comes to storing teams and replays. Overall PokemonShowdown is just a better option for what we're trying to accomplish here.

The issue of 720 Pokemon
    All 720 Pokemon will not be available! I will trim it to only the tiers we will be using. This also helps newer players (People who only know the first 151-251) get more settled in.

Our own Sub Forum
    If we can get our own sub forum I can continue and work on the rest of the things we would need. This includes a very very helpful guide for new players (Videos, Websites and anything else you would need to just start battling.

I think that's it for now. I would love to start this Sunday, but work still needs to be done. So hopefully Next Sunday we will have things going.

@Tcx7
    @JT l91l
    @gundamfreedomx
    @Tis Woy Woy
    @Irishsean
    @ll Gibby12Yr ll
    @I--Chief--I
    @GonzoArmstrong
    @dMerch
    @D E A T H l12l
    @x Ennis l63l x
    @EvO
    @xCr0sbyXx87
    @Kirito x58
    @v FrosTiC
    @Moedubzz
    @v Sloshy
    @SaintMorose
    @DOUBLE-A1321
    @r u mad im nick
    @Thamps
    @DFedEXE
    @AGally l94l
    @Marshosaurus
    @Gucci Goals
    @Kopitar xX
    @Proud Gay Dad
    @Gala Apples
    @LikeaHardPuzzle

If you're on this list and haven't posted in this thread, please do.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  2. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  3. AGally l94l

AGally l94l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 16 / -5
    I want in

No Streaming Account
  4. Neat

Neat eat my shorts

Ratings:
    +146 / 14 / -12
    interested

Wayne019
  5. bicUwUious

bicUwUious Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gucci6305#0
    Ratings:
    +489 / 25 / -17
    100% interested

No Streaming Account
  6. Kopi

Kopi Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kopitarxx#0
    Ratings:
    +593 / 13 / -28
    hmmmm... I like the idea but I think it might get in the way of @NugeTV and I's Pure Pool league. @Tcx7

• Like Like x 1
    Kopitarxx
  7. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    I believe we can exist together.

MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  8. Proud Gay Dad

Proud Gay Dad Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Proud Gay Dad#2855
    Ratings:
    +1,255 / 15 / -54
    Pending it working on mobile devices I'm in.

Edit: it works on mobile, I'm in.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Sup_Im_Gay
  9. HobO0nurporch

HobO0nurporch Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hobooo#0
    Ratings:
    +810 / 89 / -75
    I like the idea of using Pokemon Showdown. It is free to use as well as accessible to the community. A schedule sounds also like a good idea but what is the length of the season? I don't it to be like LGHL and have 9 weeks, that just seems absurd to me as well as having the commitment of members and the interest stay for a period that long.

One idea for standings is I something like the LGUHL, you gain x amount of points for winning, but lose y amount of points in a loss. I think that it gives more variation that was as opposed to a traditional standings format.
    Trades sound like a cool idea. people trade pokemon all the time, and as well as the add/drop but i agree to limiting that add/drop to something like 3 times a season.

Using all 720 pokemon sounds like it wouldn't work out, not too many people have played the newer games, and i'm not even sure if pokemon showdown even has all of them in their system. I think it should hold generations I - IV (1 - 493). In the games thats the original - Diamond/Pearl. If not i think to at least III (ruby/saphire/emerald).

All in all this is an awesome idea, i will definitely play, and i can't wait to see the league startup!

miT_
  10. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    All good points. I'm not sure what the schedule will look like as I'm still waiting on numbers for the league. I think a league like this has a lot of potential to grow into something much bigger, we do have some growing pains to go through first. Getting a sub forum in this section is the start (@Tris10). The first few seasons will of course be Beta seasons so we can see what works best for a league like this. As for Pokemon, after gathering all the tiers we would have 414 Pokemon to choose from.

• Like Like x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  11. HobO0nurporch

Discord:
    hobooo#0
    Ratings:
    +810 / 89 / -75
    @Tris10 should make a Pokemon sub forum

miT_
  12. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    Hes been ignoring me when I bring up needing a sub forum for all this.

MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  13. HobO0nurporch

Discord:
    hobooo#0
    Ratings:
    +810 / 89 / -75
    That's a scumbag move @Tris10

• Winner Winner x 1
    miT_
  14. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Why do you need a forum though? Can't you handle everything in a few threads

15. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    In theory I could handle everything in a few threads and keep this on a small scope, however that would force me to cut down on a lot of what I've been mentioning here.

This league will be something for new and experienced players alike. While the league will start small, I believe this has potential to be something bigger. One of the ways to help this grow would be to have a place to help the newer players build their teams and become familiar with some basic strategies.

Having a sub-forum would help keep the league more organized with rules, trading and matchmaking. For example, one of my goals was to have flexible scheduling so that nobody would have to stop their commitments to other leagues; while this is possible without a sub-forum it would take a lot of burden off each individual member if we had it.

I'm sure you've been told this many times before with other leagues, but there's a proven fanbase with Pokemon, and I believe that I'm bringing a unique structure within that fanbase. Cluttering the startup forum with an entire league would seriously limit any growth we would have.

If you have any concerns feel free to contact me.

• Like Like x 3
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  16. stev

stev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 6 / -9
    Like @Tcx7 said, the Pokemon fanbase is huge. It's probably 1,000 times more popular than the NHL series, and I don't really think I'm overexaggerating. It would definitely make the league more legit if we got our own forum, but ultimately it would be up to Tris if he wanted to take his site in that direction or not. I feel Pokemon can pull much more members in than some of the main leagues on this site, especially if it is simply advertised in places like chatboxes specifically made for Pokemon trading and competitve battling or even in the PokemonShowdown forums that seem to be popular.

Overall I love the idea, especially the Pokemon draft! It would be very interesting to see, as the draft got deeper with more members joining, how Pokemon not normally considered for competitive battling would be used. If the league got to the point where there wasn't enough Pokemon to draft we could either just add more of the newer Pokemon in and/or have two of each Pokemon in the draft (obviously limiting each team to only one of each Pokemon).

And I really like the idea of using PokemonShowdown opposed to the 3DS. Not only do thing like EVs get complicated, which would put some people at a disadvantage, it also is a lot easier and faster to just make your team on PokemonShowdown and get a battle going. Plus, not everyone is going to have a 3DS while all you need is a computer or phone to participate in the league with PokemonShowdown.

But yeah, this idea is awesome and I can't wait to see it happen. :D

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Gala

Gala Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gala#4555
    Ratings:
    +1,119 / 410 / -397
    No Streaming Account
  18. LikeaHardPuzzle

LikeaHardPuzzle Well-Known Member