MAYBE I MISUNDERSTOOD?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by STL Bleeker, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    @macros73 @MCDONALD l19l

To be fair if the rule is to be voted on and changed it shouldn't come into play until round 2. This would keep the rules set for each round of the playoffs making it fair ground.

Sevv_09
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    The process for how an amendment works or comes into affect isn't truly outlined.

We have had it both way where t has and hasn't been retroactive.

The two votes at the owners hands right now are in regards to how amendments should work.

Should an amendment be retroactive or so it be anything moving forward?

I'm going to post it to the players as well moving forward.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. STL Bleeker

STL Bleeker Lifetime LG Puck Guy

Discord:
    Bleeker#4095
    Ratings:
    +339 / 27 / -31
    So again another thing isn't conclusive. What is this the NFL?

This rule is in place however were not going to stand by it because it's not truly outlined how to follow it?

Let's just say fuck the constitution and yay for anarchy.

• Like Like x 1
    STLBleek
  4. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    If it is retroactive it should be part of the vote on this amendment as well. If this becomes retroactive you would need to overturn the stockton decision, obviously due to the rule change and that may change the votes. Otherwise it shouldn't effect this opening round because of the obvious one team being able to use it while others got ECU's.

Simple fact I have said much of the season concerning the AHL, Crass studies this rule book and uses them to his teams advantage. People take notice of this and from there we have issues. At the same point this was a clear use of the rules in abuse and against the spirit of the rule in place, but within the grey area. Much of the cries against this decision and how it is being handled sit with people being sick of the grey areas of rules being in his favor because, many people seem to understand the spirit of why a rule was written.

• Like Like x 1
    Sevv_09
  5. PaulyChunks

PaulyChunks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 15 / -10
    Rochester using a prospect in the series for Springfield ended in the game being overturned, that's nothing more than a management mistake sharp and I should have picked up on it. It still ended up being a great series against @Bakestrom squad. For anyone to say that this what should have been ff by Stockton is more than a management mistake is unjust. Some people in this league need to learn when they are wrong, learn to take an L people and stop whining!!

• Winner Winner x 6
    No Streaming Account
  6. Gnashty41

Gnashty41 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 3 / -3
    If you are going to amend a rule and retroactively enforce it, I think you are going down a slippery slope and I would highly suggest against this. How far back are the rule amendments going to be enforced? How many violations will be overturned? Things like this can lead people to believe the league staff is playing favorites and attempting to manipulate the outcome of games. If you think I'm going overboard with this, just look at what has happened just today alone. I think once we enter into a season or playoffs, the rules are the rules and they should be upheld no matter what. If a situation occurs, then those rules in question should be looked at and determined if a change needs to be made or not once the current season is over.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Go Heels 2

Go Heels 2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 13 / -14
    What was your original post? I will just copy it and start spamming new threads until i get banned :)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. STL Bleeker

Discord:
    Bleeker#4095
    Ratings:
    +339 / 27 / -31
    Basically just explaining how Crass didn't do basic management principles and now he's using loop holes to avoid getting beat by Milwaukee for now. Then stated that the lack of spine of LG staff to tell him oh well there was 2 rules contradicting eachother the ruling stands they change the rule and approve a rematch and how that type of shit makes GMs of successful teams not want to return and I was going to apply for management/ownership but this made me not even want to continue to play LG.

• Winner Winner x 1
    STLBleek
  9. STL Bleeker

Discord:
    Bleeker#4095
    Ratings:
    +339 / 27 / -31
    Ps brandonbramanti is clearly in love with Crass and his banana.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    STLBleek
  10. Go Heels 2

Ratings:
    +163 / 13 / -14
    Pauly's opinion is the most important one in this thread. His decision should be the final say

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    In legal terms if the rule is changed, then they should still have the game replayed. If it was legal to shoot someone one week, and the next week it is deemed illegal, then I didn't break any laws and I am innocent. Stockton broke a rule, but bended a rule meant for another reason that wasn't clarified very well to contradict the rule he broke. Do I think it is wrong what crass did? Well of course, but rules are rules and he found a way to bend it in his favor.

You guys I understand this is frustrating, but if this was any other manager I don't think you'd be all riled up about it. Crass knows how to scum bag and bend rules in a smart way, but the best way Milwaukee can come back from this is to just beat them on the ice.

Also please stop saying this league is going down the shitter, because its doing the exact opposite. It is making the league learn and fix its rules. You think the U.S Constitution was perfect at first? No, damn they needed to throw out our first set of laws cause they fucked us lol. The good thing is that we know that our BOGs and staff members will fairly interpret the Constitution to the way they see it, even if it goes against the popular opinion. Now guess what since we found this problem it is going to be fixed and we shouldn't have a problem with it again.

In conclusion play the fucking game and get over it. Especially all the AHL GMs and players that aren't on either of the two teams. You guys are stirring up drama for no reason. So if you aren't in playoffs GG and shut up cause it doesn't involve you till next season.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    chipyox
  12. Go Heels 2

Ratings:
    +163 / 13 / -14
    Completely untrue statement. This league has long been in the shitter. It just fell a little bit deeper is all

No Streaming Account
  13. Chipy-ox

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    How so? Please elaborate.

chipyox
  14. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    The reason this situation could have a rule enforced retroactively and be fair (imo) is the fact that there are 2 rules currently that directly contradict each other:
    1. The forfeit procedures that are outlined on how much time needs to be given in the playoffs before calling a forfeit
    2. "No forfeits"

Both rules cant exist at the same time, so you have to break 1 to make a decision, and why not break the one that you plan on getting rid of?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. STL Bleeker

Discord:
    Bleeker#4095
    Ratings:
    +339 / 27 / -31
    Sorry what season are we in now? More than a few drafts.

STLBleek
  16. Chipy-ox

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    Ok America is almost 250 years old yet there are still loopholes so people smart enough don't have to pay taxes. Is the U.S constitution perfect? No and I don't think it will ever be perfect.

chipyox
  17. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    The problem wasn't about bending rules or loopholes, there was 2 rules on the books that one needed to be removed. Everything else here is just salt either way.

• Like Like x 1
    Sevv_09
  18. STL Bleeker

Discord:
    Bleeker#4095
    Ratings:
    +339 / 27 / -31
    Auto why don't you weigh in on NugeTVs post?

STLBleek
  19. Wadden l32l

Wadden l32l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 6 / -23
    Your going to replay s21 Springfield playoff FF right?

• Winner Winner x 2
    Base of Operations
    wadden32
  20. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    Exactly

• Like Like x 1
    CoachCrass
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.