Constitutional Amendments : Current or Retroactive? (Player's Vote)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG-McDonald, May 6, 2016.

?

Thoughts on Constitutional Amendments?

1. They should be retroactive

55.4%
  2. They should be moving forward from the time of the amendment

42.0%
  3. Other

2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston Payne

Winston Payne Staff Emeritus

Discord:
    Winston Payne#4125
    Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -1
    I think that this post raises an excellent point.

If something is serious enough to have been fixed via a mid-season amendment, some abuse of existing rules or exploitation of a loophole almost certainly would have brought about the amendment in the first place. The only teams that realistically would be negatively impacted by a mid-season amendment enforced retroactively would be the loophole/rule abusers themselves.

• Winner Winner x 2
    winstonpayne_
  2. dityboycom

dityboycom I don't agree with you Platinum

Discord:
    dityboycom#4643
    Ratings:
    +367 / 51 / -50
    Thanks for the clarification.

• Like Like x 2
    Hockeyinfo33
  3. Prowsey8

Prowsey8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prowsey8#8813
    Ratings:
    +102 / 1 / -3
    i know this is a community vote, and i know what i am saying right now is gonna exclude some members, but in the interest in actual fairness and an unbiased result. if this amendment is directly going to affect the result of the stockton and milwaukee series, both teams organiztions shouldn't get to vote. there is to much bias going on here and not enough actually seeing the problem. i see both sides of the coin but what i am seeing most is vote to eliminate crass and that is completely unfair to the other 16 players on his team. you need to vote for what you believe to be the correct approach not because you dislike someone

• Like Like x 3
    Prowsey8
  4. Skid Markie

Skid Markie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +471 / 8 / -13
    It's too late for an unbiased vote.

My god, this should just be decided by a shootout at this point. The truest BIGGIE of them all.

• Creative Creative x 1
    JKE_UNCUT
  5. dityboycom

dityboycom I don't agree with you Platinum

Discord:
    dityboycom#4643
    Ratings:
    +367 / 51 / -50
    He already clarified who's removing bias votes, silly goose.

Hockeyinfo33
  6. Kryss85

Kryss85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 19 / -28
    The important thing to remember here is that this vote will affect ALL amendments going forward as well...let's not forget that in the effort to make this vote go one way or the other

No Streaming Account
  7. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Excellent point

A retroactive system will encourage managers whom find a loop hole to come forward to have it fixed rather than keep it to themselves for further abuse

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. STL Bleeker

STL Bleeker Lifetime LG Puck Guy

Discord:
    Bleeker#4095
    Ratings:
    +338 / 27 / -31
    That's a stretch Skid. There's no grounds for past seasons let's focus on this season

STLBleek
  9. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    either way you are fucking a season up. both teams mgmt have been around the league and know what is asked of them playoffs or not .. Ive been on both sides of dumb calls , but if you start a season with a rules structure you should finish it with the same one. not create a new rule everytime a kid threatens to quit over it.

take for example last season AHL playoffs round 2 . the mgmt on the opposing team broke a rule and argued that " well the rule is loosely interpreted " .. which makes no sense because if it says APPLE ... ITS AN APPLE . The only explanation i received was " he is NEW to mgmt and DIDN'T KNOW BETTER " . That series ended like that , a bad call , a bad rule. Plus i was told they aren't gonna change a rule mid season or mid playoffs.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Skid Markie

Ratings:
    +471 / 8 / -13
    I made that post before I found out about the "two week" period.

It was like two replies later.

Read ahead my friend.

JKE_UNCUT
  11. Vargy

Vargy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +190 / 12 / -9
    This is a great example. Last season Wonger knew the correct ruling and got the games overturned, but then 2 days later the BOGs reversed the overturning and Charlotte advanced instead of Ontario. The reasoning was rules weren't going to change mid season/playoffs as wonger stated above. Now if you go the "retroactive" route you are going against the ruling that was determined last season which eliminated a team from the playoffs. There needs to be consistency in rulings...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    vargy66
  12. Rhyan

Rhyan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 1 / -0
    Honestly, I think this community vote is moot. As others have said before, this vote will probably be more of how the community wants that AHL playoff series to be ruled, and not the actual argument of whether or not rules should be retroactively enforced. Also, I've seen a few people that have commented that are confused about the meaning of the poll, stemming directly from the fact that they don't know the meaning of "retroactive". Which, mind you, is no fault of the pollers wording, but of the participant who doesn't understand the friggin English language. That's why I don't think there should be any merit to this community poll. We have a league staff for a reason. It's to make intelligent, unbiased decisions in situations like these.

Back on topic, I think it is silly to have amendments to be enforced retroactively. In this current situation, I get it, that team found a loop hole, took advantage, and are all-around big time turds. However, they played within the rules that everyone follows, and should not get punished. By changing the rule now and altering the results of games that have been decided by the set of rules active during the time of the game gives the league way too much power. Using this precedence, we could see more of these retroactive changes in the future, and they could be decisions the community don't like. Imagine the backlash then. It reminds me of kids playing backyard games, and changing the rules and putting people down when the game doesn't go their way.

So, as an unbiased observer that has no care of how that playoff series ends, I say change the rule and go from there. Please no retroactive enforcement.

• Like Like x 1
    rhyan14
  13. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    This would be why Brodie explained the difference.

If you put up this vote, then just say no nevermind if retroactive wins, then go ahead and re-do the vote later the league would get COMPLETELY shit on more-so than they are right now. AT the same time, the league staff and league owners are also voting at this at the moment, so this vote isn't the whole thing.

iMackie21
  14. Kryss85

Kryss85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 19 / -28
    This vote is by no means official. It does however let staff know the community pulse, much like writing your representative.

No Streaming Account
  15. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    @MCDONALD l19l @MadeOfTwoFaces @DudleyDoWright5 @Coach Crass @Lost and Hungry @Tiddus

Not tagging everyone who has taken their time to voice their opinions but enough so either team can bitch at me directly.

First off Milwaukee, call off the campaigning for Retroactive. Yes this whole situation is fucked, and we know if it's retroactive you move on get to have a smug look on your faces as Crass is gone. The fact of the matter is both of you have been around long enough to understand the possible detriment to this league as a whole if you pass this from here on out as you do this out of spite for crass. The fact that any future amendment can be enforced back 2 weeks worth of time from here on out is a huge step to take over a single forfeit. This whole vote being pushed is a result of your team just as much as crass at this point.

Absurd Example (That will never happen)
    A amendment is passed disallowing wrap goals next season, this now means that any wrap goals in the past 2 weeks from it passing or being up for vote would be overturned into no goals. The sheer workload and potential fallout it would have on the league could cripple teams and players. Hell think about the call for outlawing Goal line goalies back in the day, an amendment there would be overturned games or 100's of replayed games.

Yes I know these are stretches but in making such a huge decision you have to look at the possibilities.

Stockton and Crass, like I said to you in the private conversations you have my respect as a manager (wait for all the dislikes because of that one line), because your ontop of the rules actively looking to help your team. This whole situation we are in now, is however on the management of the team. It was no secret since Krito's pm calling for a black balling of you this season came out before week 1, that the AHL management was out to get you. The fact that the team still managed to be late on multiple occassions, put you in this very situation. I fault you not for filing a complaint due to the conflicting rules, as hell last ditch efforts are still worth a shot.

Brodie/Tiddus/Staff

Can we please close this Retroactive vote down now, people are voting in the AHL based off trying to fuck over 1 team and or player and it will drastically slide the players vote in a single direction. Instead I would propose to you that you bring this back as a voiding of a rule discussion and which ever rule gets voided out as they were in direct conflict and have sparked the AHL issue that you then rule on the series with that rule as it should have been since day 1. Don't let the AHL's salt over crass potentially hurt the league as a whole going forward.

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Sevv_09
  16. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    Untrue this is an official vote, the players have 1/3rd of the vote. Without a PA the majority wins even if it comes down to a single vote. The owners have 1/3 and the final third is staff/commissioners

Sevv_09
  17. Skid Markie

Ratings:
    +471 / 8 / -13
    #FREEBATTEN

JKE_UNCUT
  18. doh23

doh23 Carried by his wingers

Ratings:
    +271 / 3 / -1
    If only Crass wasn't the Owner of Stockton then the vote would be more fair lol.

No Streaming Account
  19. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    At the end of the day, this is the PLAYERS vote, and part of the process. You can't just shut down the players 1/3 because you don't like how they're voting. This vote has only been CALLED because of the current situation because they're unaware of how to deal with it, and going forward this would be the best way TO deal with it and situations of the sort.

It's already been said you cannot govern, and they will never govern, the way goals are scored. It's impossible and opens up a bunch of shit, and it will literally NEVER happen. Be realistic if you're gonna come up with something.

He's asking if they SHOULD be retroactive, he never mentioned what time frame it would apply to sevv, and at the max it would be the max two weeks

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    iMackie21
  20. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    I'm not asking for 1/3rd of the vote to be called off. This is less about if and when a retroactive approach to amendments are good for the league, and more about "fuck that snake crass". If your trying to actually cite that the "Unrealistic" example that I stated was unrealistic, and there only to show a potential worst case scenario style effect was unlikely or not realistic then sorry but you failed at reading comprehension.

Let alone the fact that you missed the whole part towards Brodie in which I said, let the rule being void effect the series because it was the only thing actually making staff choose to replay or not. PS you would be winning by a huge margin in that vote...

• Like Like x 1
    Sevv_09
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.