AHL Early Season Power Rankings Western Conference

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Ryan_x_28, May 12, 2016.

1. Ryan_x_28

Ryan_x_28 Warning Group

Discord:
    ryan_x_28#6675
    Ratings:
    +800 / 30 / -71
    Just voicing my opinion here, don't take too much pride or offense in these power rankings/ playoff predictions, Will be quick simple read.

Western Conference-

1. Rockford Ice Hogs- This team just has to much offensive power too not finish first in the West. @JClaus33 and @Kraz18 would both be lighting up the nhl if they were in it. Both in my opinion two of the best players in the league. Then a second line of @ryno1354 @letsgoblues74 @nriney is deadly would easily be a first line on both teams. As long as there defense and goaltending holds up i think they're the best team in the ahl.

2. San Diego Gulls- The Gulls are another deadly team out West, playing Rockford's top line tough only to lose 5-4 in OT. @Stiivii-66 is a sick defender one i would've grabbed in bidding if he went a bit cheaper. @xGauthierx26x has played very well too post a 7-1-2 record and having only a 2.5gaa average. Then a super solid line of @Girgs28 @Ransom613 and @dannyk2399 also putting up great numbers early in the season. The Gulls are easily a Calder Cup Contender.

3. Texas Stars- Personally i though this team was going to suck but this team has certainly showed they're nothing to sneeze on. @Yeap_93 has been a monster putting up 39 points in 6 games. Someone slow this guy down jeez. @alanscanucks also 2nd in points so far this season with 30 points. Then @Irishsean and @ApexPredator724 in net is a deadly combo. Shoutout to @Thorpe_Clan for what he's done so far.

4. Chicago Wolves- @VibezDigital has certainly put a good squad together. Not totally sure who this teams standout player is but @McLean-16 has been a very good defender so far. Although food chill out on those drop in invites lol. @Jlm1410 also seems to be a good forward leading his team to a impressive week 1 win over the Rochester Americans.

5. Bakersfield Condors- With @Karlsson_MVP leading the charge, the Condors have stormed out to a 11-4-1 record. @BROSKI_002 has put up 20 points in 6 games and has contributed nicely to the Condors offense. @Bauer_Made88 is off to a great start on defense and the Condors have had solid goaltending from @Bawsified and @TrashClown22

6. San Antonio Rampage- @Mooner2014 is an absolute moster in net giving his team a chance to win every game he plays in. @String_King666 has been solid on defense positing a 4-0-1 record so far this season. The Rampage are 6-5-4 so far this season.

7. Lake Erie Monsters- Im not sure there is a stand out player on this team. However, Lake Erie has proved they are going to be contending for a playoff spot with a record of 8-5-3. @curlew7 defiantly has some great offensive ability leading Lake Erie in scoring. Can someone tell me though why @DJ-WKU-68-_- has a 8.7 mill contract definitely slumping to begin this season. It seams Lake Erie knows how to pull off tight wins with blowout losses having a Goal Differential of minus 14.

8. Ontario Reign- Similar to the monsters this team appears to know how to win tight games but get blown out. @criminalSantos_7 will need to be a key piece if the Reign will have success needing to play great in net. @uncagedaustin is a center with a lot of potential if he spreads the puck out more in the offensive zone. Look for the Reign to be in the playoff hunt in the final week.

9. Charlotte Checkers- Making it to the finals last season the Checkers are definitely off to a slow start. How ever i think they will bounce back. @Lannister_bro is going to need to be insane offensively to get this team on the right track. @NHLbabygirl will also need to be good offensively. @ZachH1 need to carry this team defensively. The Checkers gotta a lot of work ahead of them to have a chance at making the playoffs sitting at 5-11.

10. San Jose Barracudas- This team has some strong goaltending and solid defense but appears to be lacking offense to start the season. If thats the case this team has two options with trade for some offense or just hope you defense and goaltending can carry you. @PerkinsPancakeHouse and @Mattbealski both solid goalies and @PghFANATIC will need to carry this team.

11. Manitoba Moose- Im wondering whats going on in Manitoba… You had your gm @Sabres930 just quit as your team gm. Anyways @Dherms18 will need to pick up his game.. The Moose are going to really need him moving forward. @Slimpickins44 has done a solid job in the back end and @crofto40 along with @BLILILILILILID plus @t3mo180 have put up points for the Moose.

12. Grand Rapid Griffins- The Griffins sit at a record of 6-9-0. Honestly i don't know many players on this team but, from what i've watched they don't look terrible. I don't see this team making the playoffs but i think you can expect a hard fought battle every game they play in.

13. Milwaukee Admirals- ran by @Rowbo73 this team is looking for a turn around from last season. @xxKTOWNKILLERxx and @Kylekabam are definitely going to need to produce offensively for the Admirals. @T_H_E_C_H_E_F will also need to help out the offensive. Another team i don't know much about.

14. Iowa Wild- The Wild sit at a record of 6-10-0 and need to wake up. @NhlLegend27 needs to lead this team offensively. @playmaker x 7 has defiantly been a disappointment as well needing to put up points. @Tebay6669 has put up good numbers offensively and seems to be doing his part. Something needs to be done about this team defensively. 75 goals against in 16 games is just rough…

15. Stockton Heat- Oh Stockton where to start you guys have all sorts of issues. Great job by @EdgeXQ1 getting him self removed from the league in a week. Then 2 forfeit losses whats going on here. @XSBUCKS wake the hell up and get this team fixed up or you guys will finish last in the West easily. How, this team has been ran is embarrassing.

If Someone wants to do the Eastern Conference be my guest. I will not predict/rank my teams conference.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    ryan_x_28
  2. Offroad

Offroad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 5 / -24
    Doesn't tag anyone, smh , keep it that way, I don't want to be known!

• Like Like x 1
    offroad6901
  3. Sycesg

Sycesg Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Syce#7297
    Ratings:
    +46 / 3 / -11
    now this was just one game, but we put 9 goals past apexpredator when we played him. he must have really turned it around since. but it was odd that he got a goalie of the week for that same day we put a 9 spot on him.

Syceth
  4. ApexPredator724

ApexPredator724 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -4
    I posted a 2-1 win on 15 shots immediately after. I don't excuse my play in that game but a lot was going wrong on our roster at the time. My team really came together after that and we have put together this winning streak and solid games in net because of it.

• Like Like x 2
    apexpredator724
  5. DJ-WKU-68-_-

DJ-WKU-68-_- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    OG status, stick around, be successful long enough, and people will pay big virtual shekels for you, its always been that way in league play.

If I were to give you the best logical explanation for it though, it would be that there's a lack of D men in this league, especially those with good resumes to stand on, causing heavy inflation in D prices for those who have that history. I was probably targeted by a NHL GM not a AHL GM, seeing as I never attended a single camp and can't point to a single AHL GM I'm familiar with.

Ya, I couldn't catch a break the first couple weeks, but things are speeding up and chemistry is getting there. Ill be knocking soon.

Good write up, look forward to more.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Offroad

Offroad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 5 / -24
    Agreed @DJ-WKU-68-_-

and @Ryan_x_28 you said,

offroad6901
  7. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    You put a 9 spot on a team. It takes more than just 1 player to get 9 goals in a game.

No Streaming Account
  8. Sycesg

Sycesg Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Syce#7297
    Ratings:
    +46 / 3 / -11
    ya i know, i wasn't being mean about it. i was just stating i found it odd that he was on player of the day for that evening, but then i read another thread saying those player of the day are based off of 1 game out of the 2. so i understand why now.

Syceth
  9. matthuot87

matthuot87 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +830 / 231 / -441
    Good write up . Checkers made it more than west fknal we were in calder final

No Streaming Account
  10. Mayhemkiller

Mayhemkiller Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I know this is an older post but I think the cudas are doing well offensively scoring wise

No Streaming Account
  11. Dherms18

Dherms18 #18 C/RW

Discord:
    Dherms#3595
    Ratings:
    +198 / 5 / -6
    I agree with your point that my play has been lackluster over the past couple of weeks. It's almost ironic you posted that, considering I just got traded for the second time in two weeks; this time, to Milwaukee.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Dherms18
  12. Drivajr

Drivajr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -1
    Charlotte Checkers making a comeback akready well see you all there (;

No Streaming Account