Pre-Selected AGM Position

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by xAyohh, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43

Yes, 3rd line owners can't get top MGT every season no matter what but that's not the point.

The whole point of the AGM rule is to get rid of as many 3rd line owners as possible and have more 1st line owners. More 1st line owners mean a better possibility of competitive teams. @SweeT 9 LoU 84 just gave you the stats.

No Streaming Account
  2. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    My options are take up 1/3 of my team's cap to play with the likes of Bolduc or take GM which I don't feel like doing. AGM provides incentive for elite players to play. Otherwise you have this watered down dogshit we've had since summer season NHL 14 where people like stifmeister apparently lead the most statistically dominant team in LGHL history to get pissed on by Gary Garoo in the first round, and FlashGlenSather potentially going for 10M. Newsflash- S17 was the most fun season in LGHL history because all the top players played. This is the only way to move back in that direction.

Good person/mediocre button owners are actually much better off in this format as there's a greater likelihood of them being able to attract an elite GM knowing that he can pick his running mate pre-bidding at a cost controlled salary. No one in their right mind would choose to go into bidding when they can have guaranteed stability at 5M and put themselves in position to be surrounded by talent without crippling their teams cap situation. You make it sound as though Dave can pick the entire CD roster to be HWOOD management as an example, but the reality is there are more than enough top players to go around if this is implemented correctly.

Cheers

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    Isn't this AGM idea really just the "max salary" idea? How much should a team have to pay for a player in order to be able to just automatically get his rights? The top players who are going to take AGM are worth $7M and up.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    brandovedo
  4. LethaLMyke23

LethaLMyke23 Why so serious?

Ratings:
    +197 / 10 / -9
    And this is why we cant have nice things

Here is the ugly truth, this rule is not really to make the league more competitive. We can easily see that those said elite players doesnt play because they doesnt like the team they end up on and because they cant play with their "friends" not because of the salary

If you read the post of players who agree about the rules most of them are said elites players that wants the rule to happens just so that the other said elites players will play so they can play with their friends

You sign up for a league which include bidding if you cant understand that and get over that fact that you wont always play with your friends and that youll go high in bidding because you are one of the best at the game then you might be the problem

So basically what would happen is you would just pass on the issue to the lower tier of players which would get a higher salary than usual. Im pretty sure a way larger group of players than said ellite players that would come back wont sign up because around 1/3 or half of the teams would be stacked while others would just make act of presence

Remember there is a league named pro series which was created to play competitively with the players you always wants so making the set agm happens is kind of turning this league into an other pro series

• Winner Winner x 3
    LethaLMyke23
  5. Ayohh

Ayohh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944 / 11 / -18
    This is exactly the sentiment that cannot be catered to. OvenMitts knows he is a player that is worth more the 5M. He likes the AGM idea because it saves his team cap and gives his team an advantage. His entire argument is that he will not play unless he gets to take a huge paycut and play on the team he wants to, with the players he wants to.

??????

Then don't play hombre. League ain't for you.

Or it could be because S17 was the only real season in LG history to be played during hockey season. NHL 14 was a decent game and it was still winter time with a fresh bidding. Obviously that season was going to be higher quality. Since then, there has been nothing even remotely similar in circumstance. S18 is a summer season. Season 19-21 were on old gen when people were unwilling to go back. Season 22 was played in captain lag, which carried into people giving up on season 23. Season 24 is a summer season. Season 25 will be the first time since season 17 that LG will be played at full strength.

Again, here is the exact problem. The management selection process is not supposed to be a buffet table where top players get special privilege to hand pick their teammates, location, and price. AGM's only purpose is get a high priced player for cheap. It's a busted system. This is a luxury of the top class. Why should the top 15 players in the game get to pick where and how much they go for, while the rest of the league has no say in that?

There are plenty of players who are quality enough to be AGM worthy, but that doesn't make all AGMs the same value. I don't have to preach to you the difference in skill level between players like Trobby, Matt, Kody and players like myself, Steve and Dork. All those players would likely take AGM in this system, but something tells me the teams that get to take Matt, Trobby and Kody are getting a lot more for their 5M than the teams that get Me, Steve, and Dork.

A system where the rich get richer and the elite get preferential treatment. Should be no surprise the top players want to see this put in.

Let us not forget that we are supposed to feel bad for players like Mitts, who can't possibly have success if they enter bidding, or play for good teams, or play with top players. Unless you count just last season when Mitts went for 12M, played on lines with Lefty, Murr, and Devin, went 18-5-4 (on the President's trophy team), and had a more comfortable season than most players could dream of. How can you expect a player like Mitts to enter bidding when they have to put up with such terrible conditions and crippling of his team?

In fact, when you look at what OvenMitts has had to endure in all his trips through bidding, it's no wonder he is actively avoiding it.

Season 17: Kody, Keck, Nuge, Primetimme, ReplayChris
    Season 19: Raynor, Soccer, Kody
    Season 20: Soccer, Devin, Mark
    Season 23: Murr, Devin, Lefty, Honik

Man it must be rough getting picked up by Soccer, Kody, and Devin all the time.

That doesn't even add in the solid support players each of those successful teams had.

In fact, Mitts' record as management has been 27-16-3 and his record in bidding has been 69-29-9. It would seem to me that bidding has treated him more favorably than a free contract and picking his own situation.

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 6
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    Ayohhhh
  6. OvenMitts19

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    Your history there isnt accurate- I've played 6 seasons, 3 as GM on forward, one on defense via RFA(LOL) and two in bidding as a forward. I've been in bidding to play my actual position 1/3 of the time...

I was management in S17 on NJ with Nuge and left the following season for Minnesota GM (Kody and Keck were on LA S17, Chris was on San Jose, and Primetimme literally was hiding on JAMESNEALx18 playing out of position on D), and I played RFA defense (a position I had 15 games played on in my life) in S20 on Ottawa at 7M because it's the only way I can have a somewhat realistic contract in this league.

Both times I've gone into bidding as a forward I've had a 10M+ contract where my friends were nice enough to basically ruin their entire roster to have me on their team, and the only reason it worked was because the rest of the league was dumb enough to let Raynor go for 4.5M and Lefty go for 5M on those respective rosters. You've cherrypicked me as an example that works in your argument's favor but most cases you have people ending up on random teams.

If this league "isn't for me" then I won't play, which will likely continue to be the mentality of other people in that type of situation who's clubmates aren't nice enough to spend 1/3 of their cap on them, hombre.

As an aside, I've always said the salary scaling is completely off. 500k is way too low a minimum as a percentage of total cap, and the lack of a maximum (not implementable in the current bidding format) makes this look even more ridiculous. You can literally have a scenario where your highest paid player makes over 1/3 of the cap, and 25x your 500k warriors, not SIM in the slightest. If you want more "parity" drop resigns to 1 per season per team, move the salary floor to 1M or 2M, make resigns untradeable, and have performance based resign values so guys like Tayz and Rehanek can't ride a well below market value contract every season until rosters reset again. That will have much more of an impact on talent distribution than AGM ever will. Frankly, I don't think a team has ever won a cup with a massive (call it 9.5M+) contract on their books but it continues to happen because of the reasons mentioned above.

For what it's worth, VHL was much more fun to play in than this league has ever been, despite the site over there being 5 million times worse. Whether that's due to the NHL franchise dying, the talent pool allegedly deteriorating, or just my opinion- I'll leave that for you to decide.

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Pandaleupagus

Pandaleupagus Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pandaleupagus#0
    Ratings:
    +756 / 38 / -40
    Just give it a rest. Let it happen for a season or 2. Something in this league needs to change to bring back players and make it competitive. There just hasn't been a stable amount of good management the past 4-5 seasons. Its pretty bad when over half the management teams suck ass. This upcoming season I only see 7 owners that in my opinion don't stand a chance to make playoffs. Not to mention I'm hearing a couple people still debating on if they want to take a team or not so I expect by the time owners are finally selected to be only 5 teams that don't stand a chance. Also this agm idea is completely optional. Yes it helps owners like sju, jerz, Lou, and so on but owners that can't get that elite player can easily go out in bidding and get a player worth that much for their 1st line or get two 2nd liners with it. I see this as a win win situation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Panda_l25l
  8. Cooker1091

Cooker1091 Wheel. Sauce. Snipe.

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -6
    Since I have had arguably progressively worse seasons since S17, I am in favour of the new rumored/proposed rule (as long as someone has a backpack to carry ole Cooker). But I really have no preference at all, as I will probably be highly overpriced in bidding, go to a team who thinks I'm good, get traded, and end up handicapping my team anyway ;).

Also, considering I have never been to a cup final I would like to institute a rule that in the likely case my team is put out early or more likely doesn't make the playoffs...I am free to ,and must, be traded to the team who finishes first in the conference. If that team gets beat out, I shall then be traded to the winning team, and so on and so forth. This will be known as a #CookerClause. At the end of the finals, if my team isn't victorious, then we should just write my name on that virtual cup anyway, cause I mean cmon...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. SJUSoccer9

SJUSoccer9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SJUSoccer9#5071
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 10 / -12
    I prefaced my only post regarding this topic (in the mgmt forums) with saying I didn't care if the predetermined AGM happened or not. Now that we've gotten that out of the way again...

Maybe everyone needs to shut the fuck up and take this rule for what it is. The league has been stale for several seasons now, why not try something different? What's the worst that's possibly going to come of this? We have 5 poorly run teams? We had that this season, and the last season, and the season before that.

Do the people who have been owner for awhile even need a free GM? Let's scrap that too, and let's do away with multi season contracts and re-signs altogether, they're stupid and hurt the balance of the league. Let's do a roster reset before the first round of the playoffs, that'll really keep the balance of the league in tact - keep everyone on their toes and stuff etc. There should be pre-bidding write-ups so new owners don't have to do any scouting or research whatsoever. Instead they'll just get to look at a massive list of players in bidding created by a reliable team, who will determine the fair bidding value of 1500 people. Getting steals in bidding and keeping them for more than 1 season is fucking disgusting and hurts the balance of the league.

You know what hurts the balance of the league? Management that has no idea who half the players around the league are. People who quit the INSTANT their bid goes final because they feel they went for too much virtual money. AGMs who have access to the mgmt forums for one day so they can run around telling everyone who is on the block. AGMS who try to trade themselves.

You know what truly amazes me though? For the amount of people that played possibly the worst version of NHL 24/7 (AND STILL DO LOL), it is remarkable how DoG shit people can still be at this game. Maybe if everyone got better and stopped blowing massive asshole, having a 5mil AGM wouldn't be an issue for anyone. You want more balance? Get better at the fucking game that you live on.

oh and something about hombres I guess, idk.

• Winner Winner x 19
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    The league is stale because the game is shit, not because there isn't an AGM. It's laughable that people actually think there will be a sudden influx of elite players with this AGM rule.

It's in line with the same thinking that the old good players would come back on next gen.

AO is right, all this does is further cripple parity in the league. And no offense, but it's ironic considering mitts has banged on the shit teams in this summer season and lg in general. All this does is create more shit teams and distance the skilled management groups.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    BLicK1252
  11. JERZ Network

JERZ Network Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,103 / 48 / -68
    Soccer just made the post of the year. I have nothing left to add.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    JERZNetwork
  12. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Grind Line

Ratings:
    +244 / 6 / -10
    I blame ramjam for ruining everything :)

Drugmonkeyrx
  13. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    You're bad at NHL.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. OvenMitts19

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    HMU with noodz

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. barneyrebel II

barneyrebel II Twinkle Twinkle

Ratings:
    +94 / 7 / -11
    Mitts idea of having fewer and untradeable resigns are the answer imo. Adding another management position in which player skill doesnt match their value just to appease fucking crybabies is a awful idea.

Being "sim" means good and elite players DO have to play on bad teams. The difference is here temper tantrums by grown ass men are rewarded instead of shunned. The reward this season is a new management spot apparently.

barneyrebel2
  16. Odieeeeee

Odieeeeee mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Discord:
    Odie#7453
    Ratings:
    +2,088 / 38 / -69
    Cya

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    OdieNHL
  17. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    I believe some of those guys came back bc of this idea though. You pitched it for the past few weeks and now that you're taking it off the table, it may cause some issues or guys to back out. I am cool with whatever, but i don't think you should pull this off the table as the majority of the MGMT teams seemed to be in favor of it. Maybe run a poll in the MGMT forums and run a poll in the LGHL forums and see what the results are. We still have time

Also, the ideas Mitts and others pitched are how a lot of us view how things would ultimately be fixed. However, that would require a roster reset, which I'm sure people do not want.

SweeT9LoU84
  18. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    here comes eat glu with the paragraph

• Like Like x 1
    Serpe_x_13x
  19. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    How do you suppose most of these people get better...

The game doesn't allow for the meta to ever change (which is important for different styles of the game to be played) for two reasons 1 there is no consistency with what happens in this game so there is no way to really adjust and 2 the skilled players will only ever play with the skilled players. Most of the teams are in nightly challenge club (i wont include pro series bc that is a money tournament) will only play select people/teams and with each other. I know all these guys just want competitive games and not to play shitters but shitters playing shitters isnt going to allow people/community to get any better. Maybe the answer to that is having leagues like this to integrate the people.... So HERE WE ARE with LG but again good players only ever want to be on lines with good people and play against good lines. And with the AGM rule i think we are just further pushing the potential of people getting better, as good people will just try to put together their elite management trio and cap it off with some nice guys from bidding or something.

Really the only new faces we've seen were the kids that came from HUT and the few that decided to Jump over from PS4. Maybe i can ask the EASHL Historian but i dont know of anyone that sucked at this game and progressively got better by playing shitters and eventually becoming elite.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    I think the agm being at 6m or 7m is a very good idea anyway to win a championship it take 3 lines not just 3 top guys just saying. And if next season is a roster reset witch it should be then every one has a fair share to bid on the same talent has every one so what with all the complain about.

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    xspezzal19lx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.