HTH's S26 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by HockeyTownHero9, Dec 26, 2016.

1. HTH94

HTH94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HTH#6186
    Ratings:
    +408 / 143 / -192
    Happy Holidays everyone.

As people's seasons are coming to a end, I would like to express some of my interests as we move forward to a new season.

HTH's Wishlist

1. Qualified Management
    - As the AHL alone saw many management teams quit or banned, this topic has been a controversy for awhile now. I would like to see only top-qualified people into management positions so we don't risk the possibility of having teams forfeiting in the playoffs. That is totally unnecessary and unacceptable in that instance and it falls on the heads of the GM's.

2. Eliminate the chance of Higher-ups using Excessive Force.
    - This season the league was in a uproar of the many bans set out for unnecessary reasons to some. Without going into great detail, we need a league that has leaders that are for the players and to make the league a fun and competitive atmosphere without the excessive use of power. People who like to show their dominance and presence by enforcing these bans on people who were solely here to make this league a better place makes the league look terrible in my eyes.

3. The Enforcement of the Cronkzy Rule.
    - The "Cronkzy Rule" needs to be implemented in the LG Constitution immediately following this season. Its not fair to the rest of the league to have people find these loopholes in the system and end up with a ungodly contract, one they would never of obtained through bidding.
    - This also follows up with the late GM additions to teams mid-way through the season. As I experienced myself on the better end of the stick in this situation, I felt cheated and could only imagined if some other team had done this and I was on the opposite side of the spectrum.

4. Unlimited ECU Games for AHL Players
    - I find the 8 game cap on a AHL player ECU'n for his NHL affiliate unnecessary and pointless. This takes exception to AHL Management, but if you are under roster of that NHL affiliate and belong to that system I believe you should be able to play in as many ECU games needed. This would make the NHL level more competitive and eliminate the chance of Forfeits as we saw a heavy increase in them this season.

As my future is still unclear to where I will be, I wanted to express some ideas to make the league a better place for the future incoming classes.

Good luck to the rest of the teams still in playoffs and @POOPIE SNOOPY 's peewee team in LHV.

Milwaukee for Calder. :team390:

-HTH Out #9.

Make sure you guys stayed tuned for details of "My Decision" in the upcoming new year.

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want them to bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass." - Bobby Knight

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    • Dumb x 12
    • Like x 7
    • Get Good x 6
    • Winner x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Creative x 1
  2. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    #4. Does that mean AHL players can unlimited ecu out of position to nhl? Or is that limited out of position and unlimited when in position?

selke1
  3. PahkTheCah1387

PahkTheCah1387 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 8 / -10
    Actually in agreement with most of these ideas but 3 & 4 would seem to contradict each other. With unlimited ecus it would open the door to teams stashing their high priced amateurs in their tc essentially able to use them all season while not having their cap count against the team. Especially considering that presently I don't believe there are any minimum roster size requirements.

• Like Like x 11
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    Responses:

1. Many "Top" managers at the NHL level are done volunteering their time because of a combination of a below average game and issues with entitled players. These issues also transcend to the AHL. I think a combination of these problems also make potential new managers turn away from participating. That's something as players we should change. And you're always going to have bottom teams. A poor single season doesn't mean he's a poor manager.

2. I don't see anyone qualified that is actively wanting to do @Tiddus or @LG McDonald's jobs. Props to people like @Brisan66 and others who do run whole leagues. It is an easy position to critique, yet the same people wouldn't dare take the responsibility. They all make the game fun for the majority. You shouldn't speak for the community you don't know. Just because a vocal minority (Us in the chatbox) are upset sometimes isn't an example of the entire league. Also, I recommend seeing the antics in other notable banana leagues (@Sty l27l can tell you about X1HL BS). It has made me appreciate what they got going on here even more.

3. Being retroactive when possible wouldn't hurt, but it is extremely difficult because all of the actions this season you have mentioned were legal per the rules. You would hope people would report and not abuse loopholes found. People that abuse them shouldn't be tolerated by the community.

4. No. Once the ECHL gets properly filled and the TC sizes get back to normal you will have zero issues getting ECUs. If you allow one player to be used unlimitedly you'd have repercussions at both levels in regards to bidding. And in regards to forfeits I believe the percentage of games forfeited this season is down from the last few if I am correct (@LG McDonald)

Also, you really shouldn't make some announcement thread about your future in LG. They come off horribly. Please post more constructive and valuable things like this and stop being a troll.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    APsychicTaco
  5. bfp7

bfp7 put em in a coffin.

Discord:
    bfp7#0
    Ratings:
    +1,671 / 33 / -70
    LOL

• Creative Creative x 1
    In World of CHEL
    bfp2k_
  6. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    That's rule manipulation. Definitely conducted unbecoming of management.

CoachCrass
  7. Coach Crass

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    The game isn't getting better, it's getting worse and worse. It's not team based at all. It plays like a shit show. Tris10 can do all these wonderful things but at the end of the day the league is centered around a game that is sub par at best.

They make 1.3 B off of their ULTIMATE Team per year. $0 off of their EAClub modes. It isn't going to get any better.

No one wants to babysit for free when they can't enjoy the games that they play 3 times a week.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    CoachCrass
  8. C4NADA

C4NADA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    C4NADA#8873
    Ratings:
    +134 / 87 / -113
    Smartest thing I've read on the forums.

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    c4nada
  9. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    1.) Obviously qualified management is a necessity to keep this league running smoothly, however, I don't see a sure fire way of ensuring that every single manager is "qualified." The system in which NHL owners pick their AHL management isn't the worlds greatest system, but it needs to stay this way. There are still teams who constantly have battles with their NHL ownership. Could you imagine how much worse this would be if NHL management didn't even choose their AHL management? The only thing I can think of that could possibly help to improve management quality would maybe be with a survey of some sort that is too be filled out by the players of the team each season (would ask questions like "did you enjoy playing for so and so?," "did so and so treat his team with respect and give everyone fair treatment?," etc.) This could be helpful in showing which managers do a good job besides just looking at their teams' record.

2.) I honestly don't even know what you're talking about here. Being management is an incredibly thankless job, and being a BOG is 100x more thankless, and I don't see many people willing to step in and do a "better" job. As for the unfair bans, how many of the bans from this season would you say are "unfair"? There were a ridiculous amount of bans this season, and I can think of all but one of them as being 100% earned. The only ban I can see being a bit excessive or unfair would be the ban of Bmajuh. I really don't think people should be banned for quitting for personal reasons (I have no idea what those personal reasons were, but if they are actually family or health related reasons rather than not wanting to manage your shitty team, then I don't feel like you should be banned for 2-3 seasons). If you're talking about the people from that video, absolutely all of them 100% earned their bans. Sure it's unfair that some of them could buy it out and return right away, but don't do stupid shit when you're management and you don't have too worry about that.

3 and 4.) Not going to discuss these since my responses from the first two questions were really long (sorry for anyone who bothers reading) and because three was already addressed by someone else and because question four is just dumb. Maybe you could increase that limit a bit, but making it unlimited would just make zero sense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    bossy_22_
  10. APsychicTaco

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    I completely agree.
    It's why as a a community we should avoid making the managers play babysitter. It would at least entice a few back hopefully!

APsychicTaco
  11. APsychicTaco

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    See but you could say they found a loophole or use the same logic "If not illegeal therefore it is legal". It's why abuse of rule loopholes shouldn't be tolerated. And people who find and report them without abuse should be rewarded.

APsychicTaco
  12. Z3R0CR45H

Z3R0CR45H It's been Fun All

Discord:
    Z3R0CR45H#0073
    Ratings:
    +528 / 29 / -37
    I wish that HTH would take a loss with out blaming his team

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Coach Crass

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    Lol, is this a competitive hockey league or the local YMCA? I'm not sure if you've ever taken a look at what the NHL GMs actually do but if it's not illegal it's getting done.

Everyone is presented the same rules.

• Like Like x 1
    CoachCrass
  14. APsychicTaco

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    I'm guessing the last sentence is "it's not getting done", but please don't make a joke out of the discussion. I would think you have enough respect with me to do so.

And that's exactly the problem. Shouldn't be trying to cheat the system, it should just be won by team talent. I am just saying to reward people for reporting them would make it more likely for them to do so and not abuse it.

APsychicTaco
  15. Coach Crass

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    The game is awful. So how do you go about making a game that's frustrating to play enjoyable enough for 360+ good managers to take 9 hours out of their week to babysit?

Takes 50 minutes to complete one game that consists of turds or an attempt to cycle with player attributes that prohibit you from consistently making basic plays.

In regards to the attributes, they take customization completely away from us and then give set class's that show a bar graph? If they're going to force you to play with a set of attributes wouldn't you like to actually know what they are? They're able to do that with every HUT card (I believe) however the EASHL builds require far too much time for that.

• Winner Winner x 1
    CoachCrass
  16. Scorvat

Scorvat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 33 / -29
    My only issue with a survey based system would be players blaming managers for them having bad seasons, or being eliminated from the playoffs, etc. Universities use a similar system to verify their professors are adhering to the strict guidelines given to them. I like the idea, but there needs to be some way of removing personal vendettas.

No Streaming Account
  17. Wreck It Random

Wreck It Random Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wreck It Random#1836
    Ratings:
    +580 / 37 / -56
    This is all I want for Christmas.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    WreckItRandom
  18. swiss97

swiss97 Pepsi Guy

Ratings:
    +644 / 23 / -25
    Fuck. Everything crass said here, I agree with. I don't even know what this life is anymore.

• Winner Winner x 1
    97swiss
  19. swiss97

swiss97 Pepsi Guy

Ratings:
    +644 / 23 / -25
    I am curious about this. Could you go into more detail?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    97swiss
  20. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    First post you've made in years I agree with

• Like Like x 4
    LeagueGamingOfficial