45 games Amateurs Status : Looks right !!!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Bigmo QC, Jun 3, 2017.

1. BigMo1701

BigMo1701 Sh*terbox

Discord:
    BigMo (Barrie Colts)#1303
    Ratings:
    +378 / 28 / -41
    After 2 seasons of adjustments, LG seems to have found a right balance for their number of games before a player reaches Amateur Status.

First, there was the LGECHL which I kind of was out-of-the-loop on that one because I missed the beginning of S25. Feedback was not very eloquent though and most members were questioning the purpose of that league and it kinda got forgotten in the abyss. No knocks on LG for trying something new.

As a community, we have to appreciate the efforts continuously made to try and improve the experience.

ECHL was gone for S26, good riddance.

When I came back in the loop as management with Providence in S26, it took 90 games for players to reach Amateur Status (It use to previously be 15 if my memory is right) . Maybe it was instated in S25 with the creation on the LGECHL or at the beginning of S26 to compensate for the loss of the LGECHL, I'm not sure but its not really relevant at this point.

Having players play 90 games before they could hit Amateur Status seemed like a very good idea at first because it prevented the LGCHL to be stripped of all their top talents way too quickly which had teams in a constant wipe-out mode; even after being top contenders.

With the addition of resigns at the LGCHL level and the number of games increased before being able to play in the LGAHL, it really helped teams create a building process on their way to a Championship run (ex: 67s).

One problem with the 90 games was that although it was very good to maintain talent in the LGCHL, it was also having the effect of keeping top talents out of the LGAHL and preventing experienced un-drafted players to have a chance to prove themselves after they probably felt they had nothing to prove in the LGCHL no more.

Another flaw to the 90 games, and combined with the ECHL, was that quality Amateur Status TCs were very few at the AHL level.

That factor had 2 main effect that I had to deal with last season.

1. Overpriced Average Players : With the number Amateur player on the decline, it led to a situation where pretty much every team was battling for the same players and a bidding session that was a bit crazy with a talent pool that was very dry. Also trading for Amateur TC players was like a Forex session buying and selling Gold...lol

2. Lack of Quality Replacement Players : Not having a lot of Amateur players on the TC created not only a unjustified rise of their value but also limited teams from trying to improve their teams by having some kind of flexibility and finding hidden gems on their squad. And it also increased the chances of forfeiting some playoffs games ( Not that I would know anything about AHL playoffs because I have to GG...lol)

With the switch to 48* games, I found that the bid was filled with hidden talent that could've been had for cheap and allow teams to really spend hard cash on proven guys.

Also, when I take a look a teams TC in the LGAHL, there is way more Amateur players at every position and they can be tried or traded according to team needs rather than pure lack of assets.

That being said, it still leave guys plenty of time to make their mark in the LGCHL and keep that league competitive and talent filled.

Way to keep improving LG
    Make LG better
    #freelarkin :p

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    liveonesesports
  2. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    I prefer keeping it at 90 and just increasing the the amount of rounds until it seems good.

selke1
  3. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    It's 48 FYI

• Winner Winner x 3
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  4. BigMo1701

BigMo1701 Sh*terbox