* New * NHL 18 Beta General Feed Back

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    The rebounds are bigger but they seem more realistic for stand up style goalies. Also I got an F rating for winning 5-4, 18 shots against. Harsh EA lol. I'm not careless wandering I'm #winning

• Like Like x 1
    berserrkr
  2. JerkyTidepod341

JerkyTidepod341 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 3 / -1
    No

No Streaming Account
  3. RaVen_Phantom_

RaVen_Phantom_ RaVen Phantom

Ratings:
    +88 / 28 / -50
    They changed the whole game

• Winner Winner x 1
    New_Yorks_Elitist
  4. l Shesty l

l Shesty l Well-Known Meat Swinger

Discord:
    l Shesty l#8647
    Ratings:
    +378 / 99 / -131
    You knock people off the puck and get knocked off the puck far too easily. As a defenseman it's okay, but it is waaaay to easy to knock someone out of a play.

That bullshit where you run into the goalie, and if the goalie doesn't move after he's been run into, no matter how much time passes, and a goal is scored, it will be disallowed for goaltender interference. This needs to be fixed. It's ridiculous frankly.

Puck pick up is still pretty garbage.

The R3 involvement is pretty inconvenient to be completely honest. I'd much rather see something like a manual "bat puck" from the click of R3. The chopping of the puck is better suited as a combo of the R1 and the RS in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Goalie reaction time is too slow & don't seem to respond to correct angles. Goalies getting stuck when knocked into is still an issue. Trying to get back into position after a save is slow. Personally as someone who has recently changed over from LW to G & been fairly successful at it, they ruined goalie from what is in '17. Controls are the same but they just broke it unless they're intentionally trying to see more scoring, in which case you're going to see a lot less people playing goalie.

As for the 2 games I played at LW as a TWF, the "excellent defensive stick" is still a joke as well as the "seemless puck pick ups).

They need to bring back the attribute system where you can just build your player the way you want, just without the grind to get there. They need to actually fix the issues that have plagued this game for years before they start adding in half cages, mouth pieces, colored goal posts. Colored goal posts, really? Is this starting to turn into CoD with the stupid crap?

I've never been more frustrated at a game & while I understand it's a beta, chances are high that nothing will change with the track record that this studio has.

No Streaming Account
  6. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    Custom builds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
  7. adidaht88

adidaht88 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    adidaht#5622
    Ratings:
    +82 / 21 / -34
    So far, the only real complaints I have are that players still will not pick up pucks right next to them (or even under them), and goalies need to not move as glitchy when hugging posts and moving from post to post

• Winner Winner x 2
    adidaht88
  8. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    I'm pleased with this new 3 on 3, makes lobbies fill up way faster and you get tons of shots as goalie. We will find out quick who the good goalies are in this game ;)

berserrkr
  9. pghreaper

pghreaper been here for a long time

Discord:
    PghReaper#3896
    Ratings:
    +71 / 37 / -23
    EA should not make another hockey game cause they never change it and it gets worse as the years go on

pghreaper
  10. Bobby Slay 69

Bobby Slay 69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 5 / -28
    How do you do the through the legs deke?

thee_uncle_buck
  11. Slamtastic86

Slamtastic86 Meme God

Ratings:
    +139 / 8 / -25
    Club practice mode would be lovely.

• Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  12. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Right handed player

Hold the right stick to 3 o'clock, LB, then roll down to 6 and back up to 9

LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. syngizzam

syngizzam Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SynGizzam#4893
    Ratings:
    +121 / 3 / -6
    Defensive Skill stick is a step in the right direction. I like over powered stick checking.

When it comes to the stick handling they took a massive step backwards. Simple dekes like stride dekes now become much more complicated. The overall handling is slower. I honestly had no gripes with the controls. Now it's one of the most frustrating problems I have with this game. Adding r3 controls was probably the worst button they could have picked. Basically if you want to deke intuitively you will have to have a controller with paddles and r3 mapped to it. There's a difference between making controls intuitive and just plain clunky and difficult for no reason. These are just bad controls plain and simple.

Other than that it's fun.

• Like Like x 2
    SynGizzam
  14. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Grind Line

Ratings:
    +244 / 6 / -10
    @LG McDonald

Please have EA add human goalie option in 3s I dont understand why this even needs to be asked. I'm sure it can be easily activated make it happen

Drugmonkeyrx
  15. cDuBs allSTAR

cDuBs allSTAR "Girth Fitzwell"

Discord:
    cdubs allstar Spirit AGM#7227
    Ratings:
    +265 / 14 / -55
    I'm aware of the control change my issue is with RS clock and direction of intended chop it doesn't respond as it did before which means the click theory is broke. Good thing I can map click to something else on my controller cause the way it's setup now chops are useless.

• Winner Winner x 2
    Cduballstars
  16. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    all they need to do really do is fix the dekeing and the game is fantastic compared to last year. ive played 12 games and haven't seen half the shit goals as i did last year. bouncing off the dman, own goals, etc. puck pickups much better. poke check actually accurate and effective. only beef is people losing the puck on dekes with nobody around them. as great as the beta is im sure they'll find a way to fuck it up like previous years by the time 18 gets released.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ridleywr24cb
  17. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Grind Line

Ratings:
    +244 / 6 / -10
    Puck pick ups still suck, dekes are fine you should lose the puck if you don't execute it properly or try advance dekes with a grinder, enforcer PF

Drugmonkeyrx
  18. Greb

Greb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +770 / 62 / -55
    Still noticed some auto animations with skating on breakouts where my guy would just pull up and stop automatically and the pass would sail past me. Those need to go.

NHLGrebby14
  19. shutthegate

shutthegate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +332 / 13 / -16
    I think ea may need to nerf the goalie passes in which you bank it off the boards to a winger up the ice. I could hit this consistently in 17 but it seems I overshoot my winger every time for an icing in this beta

shutthegate34
  20. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    If the game is ACTUALLY smoother...awesome. If its smoother because you've put it on your best servers...well, fuck you. Time will tell.

Only real complaint so far is the CPU strength. You've gone from well below average CPU intelligence to the CPU being too efficient. Their biggest issue previously was that they read plays poorly. Theyve always been beastly when they get into corners or get into a 1-on-1 puck battle. Now that they are reading plays significantly better, they end up being a well above average player. They read a very well timed wrap, grab the puck in the corner, win a 1-on-3 battle, and make a ridiculous 2-line outlet pass to a mostly covered forward.

I suppose I'd rather have them be more competitive then trash, but there has to be a happy medium. Ran into several clubs that cycled their entire game around their 1 CPU defenseman. The 1 oopsie he gives up was more than covered by all the ridiculous plays he made.

• Informative Informative x 2
    better20yearsago