* New * NHL 18 Beta; Game Play Feed Back

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 28, 2017.

1. SgtVandoos

SgtVandoos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 11 / -18
    All those fwds approving increase of speed for dekes lol. Personally i disagree, just like live hockey will slow you down but creates between you and def player, as for faster execution of dekes, well get better at doing them, as anything else it will get faster the more you get comfortable with it.

I was pretty detailled in my general description. So i will emphasise on pros and cons here ::
    - net dislodge, this will definately be a problem as players will purposelly dislodge it w/o fear of penalty and a way out.
    Solution: if a player skates in his own net w/o being pushed by other team 2 min and face off stays in zone, if other team dislodge net, face off outside the zone. Like it is in live hockey.
    - fwd not much to add, they have it all already lol with practice and time i believe that they won't have much to complain about lol, however, areas of improvement could be on puck p/u and slap shot and one timers. A slap shot shouldn't be missed that much, as for 1 timers, specially on face offs shouldn't be 90% successful, either make it harder to execute or make the G faster on side to side movement .
    - the one last thing i will talk about, Gs. Firstly, a regular Live G will probably catch a puck on his glove sise 95% of the time, unless you are Lunquist.
    - Freezing the puck, G should be able to freeze the the puck from any psn, having to go on your knee before freezing it open a large area for the puck to be poked in and very unrealistic.
    - finally a G that is in perfect position to make a stop should succeed more often then not. Those slap shot along the ice staight a the G should be stop 99% of the time.
    - when i see in the coach comments to raise my glove faster and higher, well i'm sorry but i can't do nothing about that part of G, it is all animation.

There i think that enough points were covered lol

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    sgtvandoos
  2. SgtVandoos

SgtVandoos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 11 / -18
    Crap, i forgot, the G still get stocked to his post due to animation taking over too quickly. Wrap arounds, most if not all G in the NHL are able to do the split sitting with skates going post to post, we should be able to have such option.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
    sgtvandoos
  3. xKillzone99

xKillzone99 2 Time National Champ

Discord:
    xKIllzone99#8750
    Ratings:
    +100 / 6 / -16
    The Inability to turn or pivot properly is a huge issue.

Loose puck pickups are really bad, times where players will spend 15 seconds not picking up or reacting to a puck next to them.

Gamespeed needs a slight increase.

Dekeing is very sluggish and not nearly as smooth as it was in older NHL's including right stick deking.

Incidental contact is a bit overpowered.

xkillzone99
  4. joeja15

joeja15 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    joeja15#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 38 / -115
    there are bugs with G and some of anamison still nock puck in after u save it

• Winner Winner x 1
    joeja15
  5. D1ggy420

D1ggy420 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D1ggy420#1322
    Ratings:
    +249 / 16 / -18
    Defensive skill stick was pretty cool makes playing defence a little more interesting and if used properly can prevent tripping penalties from like checking. Net coming of is kind of dumb as some people were doing it on purpose to prevent goals. The 3 vs 3 mode was pretty fun a lot of open ice.

d1ggy420_gaming
  6. ScaryJoeyy

ScaryJoeyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    scaryjoeyy#0
    Ratings:
    +434 / 49 / -43
    All good points you made, what i would like to see is the pokes turned down a bit i think defense is a little too easy. The game speed needs to be increased a bit it will make the game better. The "a" button when protecting the puck needs to be stronger and not completely stop your guy. Im fine with the right stick being slow only if the pokes will be turned down. The turning can be a little better. For the builds, most of them need more endurance some of them are dead after 10 mins into the period then to add on to the builds some of them should be able to do all the dekes.

ScaryJoeyy
  7. EddieDrag

EddieDrag Check it Out! For Your Health!

Discord:
    EddieDrag (D)#3339
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -2
    Seems they overtard the passing when on a PK and don't allow you to make an accurate pass to an open man, I understand it's the PK and trying to give the offense a bit of an edge, but should still be able to complete a straight line pass on the PK.

Seems there is an animation or glitch that when a puck is dumped in on the rush, the d-man slows or gets caught in molasses as the puck goes over his head and there is a winger at the same level. Allows the offensive dude to fly by and retrieve the puck.

One-timers from blue line or boards seem automatic and seem to be a bunch of 5-hole goals even when goalie is down.

Would love to be able to slightly move or adjust position on face offs prior to puck being dropped. If you have a C who always wins a little flat or steep and you could move a foot left or right as a d-man, would be awesome. Also would help on defensive zone face offs.

Pickups are horrible and seems to be more of a cluster in the neutral zone. Dudes just bumping into each other, no puck, can't pick it up, squirts off to start the whole cluster going again.

Hits and bumps seem to be more emphatic and heavier which is realistic at game speed, guy should not be able to truck you from a foot away and starting from a stop. If the physics there could be improved, would seem more realistic in the game play.

As a d-man when skating backwards in a straight line, you are super slow, speed is fine if angled or changing angle, but I don't think I should be that slow in a straight line.

Have had a couple of instances when pulling the backskate trigger nothing happens, I still continue to skate facing away from the puck.

The defensive skill stick is awesome and getting the hang of chopping the puck, just taking some practice.

Please remove the animation for puck retrieval on face offs, when the puck is coming slow and I get animated to slide sideways and pick it up, the forward is able to bump me and be gone on a breakaway. If a d-man is going to get thrown into an animation, the opposing forwards should too so they don't have an advantage on a lost faceoff.

EddieDrag
  8. SkiBert23

SkiBert23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 39 / -16
    I agree with everything said above I'd also like to see EA give us some sort of customization to our Pro as in Height, Weight, and Stick Curves, if we can't get Attributes back give us this back, Game speed needs a bump, so does agility and the stick movements when Deking, I have to Pre deke before I'm even ready to just to have a 30% success rate, Puck pick ups are okay but could def be increased, nothing worse than being the only person near the puck and have to come to a complete stop to reach out and grab it and still there is issues, Puck control compared to the poor check is highly incomparable Stick checks knock the puck of nearly every deke or simple board play, even coming in and going from right to left the puck finds its way to the opponents twig, one other thing that bothers me is pulling the puck between my legs and I'm not talking the new one, just the simple and what was once fast and easy pull back pop between the legs and skate forward one, it's so complex and hit or miss now 90% of the time I do 1 of 3 different dekes and that's annoying, yet again EA has hit us with a game that could be great but will fail to make it what it should be.

Attached Files:

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Orcas

Orcas Well-Known Member

Discord:
    orcas_19#0
    Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -3
    3. the speed reduction is good it stops people from just trying to rotate around holding the puck unrealistically on their backhand or forehand.
    4 RS movement is fine, if they make it faster like in past games it will make breakaways way to easy because you can still move your stick almost twice as fast as goalies can move side to side. This year it feels closer to balanced then ever between defence and offence, if they tune more things for the offence we will just have another game where offence is super easy and OP.
    5. the dekes seem fine as they are, not every build should be able to pull off the new dekes the majority of the time. If you're playing as a PWR fwd or sniper you should not be able to consistently do complex dekes otherwise there is no point to choosing the builds with better hands then they do.

All in all the beta feels REALLY REALLY balanced in terms of offence and defence and all the playersI play with would all hate to see it changed in a way that benefits the offensive side again like every other year. Also less random puck bounces going in off weird glitches on human Gs have gone down a bit. Goalies still need some help as even with the speed upgrade they feel slower then players or delayed a bit.

No Streaming Account
  10. l VVagner l

l VVagner l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ll 91 ll#7995
    Ratings:
    +118 / 12 / -54
    The one handed Tuck I feel needs a new button combo rather then LB+RB. There's to many times where I get poked and not see it and end up diving in results.

feel like the defensive skill stick don't block passes the greatest.

Hip checking needs a big upgrade.

Gameplay seems a little slow.

The DR bug where players won't enter the loading game is still here

• Winner Winner x 1
    lvvagnerl
  11. ZoGood

ZoGood Feel ZoGood!

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    One thing to add would be the effectiveness of defensive interceptions. No matter the skill, pucks should not go through defense-man who are in the proper lane as often as it occurs. Also the in-between the legs movement should not be as easy to complete as the game allows. Good idea, horrible execution.

Zogood
  12. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    One thing I havent seen mentioned yet is that as a d man, I think it takes way too long to transition from forwards to backwards on the blue line or just when the puck changes possession in general, even when using offensive or puck mover. I've been caught flat footed several times where I would've been right with the skater in 17. I don't know if that's by design, and obviously if it is, I need to start further back, but it is something I'd like to see turned up a little bit. Also, the passing seems kind of clunky. I can't really explain what it is, but it just doesn't feel as smooth and it feels like I have to work harder to get my passes to go where I want them to go. I've experimented with changing the pass assist from 100 to 90, 80, 70, etc. No matter where it is, it still feels clunky when I'm making even the simplest breakout pass.

No Streaming Account
  13. Cizikas x 53

Cizikas x 53 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0
    -Game Speed Needs an increase
    -Deking needs drastic improvement on all builds so the new dekes can be used
    -The speed of dekes being pulled off needs to be increase to make them more effective
    -Agility needs to be increased so all builds can turn and respond faster
    -The Pull back and between the legs deke (the one in the last years past games) needs to be put back to the same controls it used to be so it can be used effectively.
    -Jump deke needs for hight on puck
    -Chip Shot could use some more power to it
    -One-Handed finish needs to be more accurate
    All in all with these improvements being put into this game NHL 18 will be great and I wont be able to wait to play it.

No Streaming Account
  14. KnightsATL

KnightsATL Knights

Discord:
    Knights#8027
    Ratings:
    +64 / 2 / -3
    •Right stick movement needs an increase
    •Game speed increase
    •Endurance increase for EASHL classes or Fatigue sliders turned down

KnightsATL
  15. stay_at_homed

stay_at_homed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 11 / -10
    Defensive skill stick seems to work as intended on occasion but rarely.
    Overall Agility is just bad

lcwiz85
  16. Saucerman x3

Saucerman x3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    saucermanx3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,640 / 111 / -142
    The defense always catches the forwards on breakaways some how

Net getting knocked off so much is bothersome

BETWEEN THE LEGS DEKE

My shooting accuracy with builds like Playmaker and Dangler (havent tried the other ones) is really bad

whats up with that backhand shot from between the legs? looks stupid that a guy can roof it like that

Saucermanx3
  17. stev

stev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 6 / -9
    I've seen a lot of complaints about the poke check. It's nice that pokes work consistently now. I think a faster RS and an overall speed/acceleration boost would make pokes avoidable which would nerf pokes without actually nerfing them. This in turn makes the game less RNG and more about skill. To make NHL an esport we NEED less RNG and more skill. The same could be said about fanning on easy one timers, missing open nets, puck pick up priority, etc. If there was a way to make these either consistent or non-RNG based that would be huge. Ex: have the red and green aimer on the RS in replay actually determine shot accuracy.

Another thing I've noticed is using LT to square yourself up for a one timer or deflection is not very precise. You seem to go in directions you aren't aiming or trying to face.

Also, when receiving a pass while holding LT and trying to shoot, your guy makes an animation (almost like a fake shot) and doesn't shoot. It seems to happen to me or a teammate on average once per game. I'm not sure if we are activating a new mechanic or experiencing a glitch.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

No Streaming Account
  18. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    The goaltender warps forward in the direction of the puck when you are late passing the puck out, causing destruction after the whistle. Its rude but doesn't really affect gameplay.

berserrkr
  19. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    Also "Flashin the leather" doesnt give you +% when it comes up in the coach feedback

• Winner Winner x 1
    berserrkr
  20. TheCheetahlo 33

TheCheetahlo 33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 19 / -4
    I've played 600+ games of goalie in 17, and the biggest problem I see in in 17 and even more so, the beta, is goalies aren't being rewarded very often for being in good position. And blue line wristshots are going in like crazy. Another big thing that has happened MANY times, is that if they're anywhere close to me (or even sometimes from blue line) my goalie won't even react.. and last but DEFINITELY not least, if you're going to have an auto cover option, PLEASE for the love of God, actually fix it to where he covers the puck rather than missing twice, and then having a D man run in and accidentally kick it in. The puck is in front of him.. he should be able to cover it..

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account