LGHL vs Esports (ESHL)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    This.

Problem is, hockey is such a small market. No one wants to watch. Especially with how slow and boring these recent NHL games have been.

• Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  2. CT 66

CT 66 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    CT 66#7291
    Ratings:
    +353 / 45 / -39
    I've turned my LG career around, been clean for over a year now

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. K11LA K

K11LA K The Golden Bull

Discord:
    k11la_k#0
    Ratings:
    +1,399 / 101 / -76
    Can't get people to be honest and not cheat when the leagues are free, don't wanna see how ugly it gets when money is involved.

K11LA_K_915
  4. x Fisher 81

x Fisher 81 @IslesGT RW

Discord:
    Fisher#3831
    Ratings:
    +524 / 109 / -104
    Fisher81
  5. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    On #1 - I think this is the biggest problem. The whole point of playing games competitively is to try and get better at it and be one of the best. But there's no reward for grinding this game for hours. Winning Pro Series gets you $200-$300.

With Call of Duty, it's a big esport. Players are on salary, there were 8 events this year with a prize pool of at least $100,000, with champs having a prize pool of $1.5 million. NHL will never be what CoD is. It's just too small of a market. Not many people play the game and very few people would consider watching it.

• Like Like x 2
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  6. hatemakerr

hatemakerr the material girl.

Ratings:
    +435 / 8 / -12
    Is there a reason LG has never tried hosting an event?

No Streaming Account
  7. Chum lLee

Chum lLee Chum lLee

Ratings:
    +558 / 4 / -25
    Logo Check

• Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Shockz

Shockz Hidden Potential

Ratings:
    +711 / 12 / -14
    -329 career CHL.... Oh

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    shockz_x
  9. rickchel

rickchel Champ here

Discord:
    rickchel#0
    Ratings:
    +193 / 7 / -15
    problem is 95% of the people who play LG suck and noone wants to play shitters. if more people played pro series would mean less teams people would want to play and schedule games with.

STREAMING NOW
    rickchel
  10. aeLgi

aeLgi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 5 / -11
    I'm still new to LG and 6s, it's gonna be 1 year in September that I signed up and started playing 6s, even though I bought every nhl's since 2002... What I have always been looking for in NHL is to play competitively, against the best players and I think LG is the best place for this. To answer the question, I would play on Esports or LG, wherever I feel there is more competition and talent, I think the issue with LGHL is that there is too much teams so it makes about 20 teams on 30 not really competitive enough for the other 10... Maybe we could try an LGHL with less teams and see what happens, this would mean less managers, so the best managers would keep there spot and the best players would make the teams and so, the league would probably be more serious and enjoyable for the best players (thus eliminating a lot of cons that are presently there)...

No Streaming Account
  11. Leif Ender

Leif Ender Last of the Goons

Discord:
    leifender#0
    Ratings:
    +102 / 2 / -3
    i'm a nobody, and i'm just here to have fun. the moment it costs money, i'm out. i am not elite, nor will I ever have the time to train my thumbs to actually be elite. I'm not paying somebody else for the pleasure of smashing me each night.

• Like Like x 2
    clarka3
  12. ltzRayy TTV

ltzRayy TTV Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ltzrayy#0
    Ratings:
    +1,184 / 46 / -62
    You're a stud

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    In World of CHEL
    STREAMING NOW
    ltzRayy
  13. TMel 11

TMel 11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -1
    Perhaps, and i havent given it much thought, you could do teired prize tournaments so that even average players can play against other average players and still win money. Separate the elite teams from the not so elite.

Maybe a voting system because most of the community knows whos really good and whos average, could be created to decide who must play in the 'elite' category and who must play in the not elite category. This would prevent people from attempting to play in a lower level to win money.

No ban buyouts for abusers, as integrity is integral for such a system to work.

No Streaming Account
  14. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    I didn't read any of this but last I checked the NHL doesn't do tiered Stanley Cups so that average teams can play against average teams and still win the Cup.

This is a prime example of the blind leading the blind. We have a bunch of average players debating with other average players on how to make ESHL or w/e we call it now, more friendly for the average player.

I didnt see an average division at COD Champs. Last I checked 2K is doing NBA E-League teams, not G-League teams. I think what most of you are looking for is something called house league. That's where everyone gets a participation ribbon, and everyone is there to have fun.

There's 2 ways of doing this. You get a rep from 5 of the best teams in the game. Dub, Odie, Trobby, Piper, Briere/Vaporiz idk... Then let them decide how they think the tourney should run. Chances are only the top 3 teams are in the money cause all of these teams think they'll be top 3 and want more of the prize pool. The other way is to let me have full reign of this shit show. I can't guarantee I can get shitty teams to sign up, but it will be the best of the best and the money will go to the best teams. (Buy in back to 3rd, double buy in for 2nd, 1st place gets like 90% of the prize pool). Not necessarily that but 1st should make most of it, and there needs to be an incentive to play the 3rd place game and that should be money back to buy into next tourney.

NBA has a league with over 50 teams and realistically only 5-7 teams have a chance of winning. The reason it works is because the buy ins are low, and that's the only way to play good teams. Fuck this schedule shit. That's a terrible idea. You play 2 meaningful games in 2 months vs a good team because that's what the schedule says and the other 6 games in club mean fuck all because it's a search game. That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Every time a team wants to play a competitive game it needs to be in this E-League. Make every game count for something. Do it this way so it forces the average teams to sign up if they want to play vs the top teams. With an E-League the only time an E-Team should be searching a normal game is if there are no other teams on. Make the standings for E-League like how we had it that one season. If you play a shit team and win your barely get any points. If you beat a good team your points go up the most. If you lose to a good team your points go down slightly. If you lose to a shit team your points go down a lot. No max game limit bullshit. Just make it like the standings in NHL 10 or whatever year it was good.

There's a ton of ideas to make this good but I guarantee none of them are coming from this thread.

• Like Like x 10
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Mr Torts

Mr Torts 3-time

Ratings:
    +380 / 29 / -11
    Rocket League is beginning to do well in the esports scene, the last RLCS championship in June had a prize pool of $150k, I doubt the initial audience for rocket league was much bigger than what hockey has to work with, but people flocked to it because it's a great game.

The big difference is rocket league is a fast paced game that relies (mostly) on skill to win instead of random bounces like next-gen NHL has been. And Rocket League gets a lot of support from Psyonix. Imo, this game is never going to succeed as an esport until EA gets behind it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    Well you just said it, Rocket League is 100% skill and it's played at a really fast pace, which is nearly the opposite of NHL. It's really slow and there is so much randomness that takes away from the more skilled players being able to succeed.

I enjoy watching Rocket League. There's so much more flash to it than NHL, hence why it's growing as an esport. It all comes down to if people will watch it.

• Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  17. a Living Pylon

a Living Pylon Keyboard Warrior

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -1
    My college had a "virtual gaming league" where I did eSports for a few semesters. I only did the fall and winter ones. We'd play other teams from colleges and universities from Canada and the US. Total of 40 teams if I recall right. Out of those 40, only about 4 of us did any good and it was still a "buy-in" league.

At least at my college because eSports didn't count as its own club. So people weren't a fan of buying it for the one platform, then having to pay to play. There were a lot of complaints and it was damn near impossible to put together a team. At one point, I became a "legacy" owner since I paid for my entire team one season.

But the point of this is, that I kinda failed to make, is that people see it as pay-to-win and when they don't win, they get pissed off. I could see a lot of charge-backs happening because someone buys in an ownership spot, doesn't scout, drafts based off stats and gets a lemon team.

No Streaming Account
  18. Bane Dont Care

Bane Dont Care Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 14 / -16
    RL>Life. k

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. TMel 11

TMel 11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -1
    Thats a fair opinion mark, but unless you provide incentive to the average player, you won't get your money league. The reality is this is a thumb hockey league not the NHL.. sorry to shatter your dreams.

Just because you feel that the average player shouldnt be rewarded for being average doesnt mean the average player agrees.

At the end of the day this post is about playing video game hockey for money. So if average players want to play against average players for money... who are you to say thats a bad idea because the nhl doesnt do it?

I dont really care about other video games and quite frankly the NHL series isnt large enough to even compare slightly to those.

Sorry that a money tournament of average players offends your thumb hockey ego. It can be called the people with no thumbs money tournament if that makes you feel better.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. TH3 WID0WMAK3R

TH3 WID0WMAK3R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 20 / -14
    Listen why I should I pay to play a game that the same teams of virgins win every money league or tournament? If I wanted to support them or give them money I'd charge their moms for the blow jobs they give me

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account