LGHL vs Esports (ESHL)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Aug 14, 2017.

1. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,050 / 350 / -520
    There is a small niche of people willing to pay $ to play in some elite mini league. The reason other esports are popular is because the prize pools are large enough where it is a full time job for those guys. NHL won't be that with a game in its current state with glitches and lag. Most people just want to load up the game and play for fun. I like the structure of normal LG where you build a group of guys and meet new people. There is a social aspect to it. If i want to club i can load up EASHL and get the same satisfaction by playing without the need to schedule, and sit around waiting for a bunch of guys with egos to waste my time by never starting a game on time. There is no benefit to the Elite league here besides the 2-3 teams who are stacked who are looking to hustle money from noobs.

• Like Like x 4
    premierplayer
  2. SkillzPayBills3

SkillzPayBills3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 11 / -67
    Should do a invite/open but increase the invite to like 30$ per person good teams will pay the money to compete.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Skillzpay3
  3. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    You gave reasons why people signing up is good for the 1%

What's the motivation for the 99% to care about ESHL? I thought the entire motivation behind ESHL is to play competitive 6s for a cash prize. Money is the ultimate motivation there. You play to win the game, you don't play just to play it.
    [​IMG]
    If you realistically have no shot at the money, ESHL isn't for you.

CanAm is similar even though it doesn't involve money, people always wonder how CanAm can be more appealing to the masses.
    Why would the 99% give a shit about a tournament that involves the 1%, most of which are complete assholes to 99% of the community?

CanAm is only appealing to the people involved and Esports is only appealing to the people who could win.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    LazyPedestrian
  4. oSUPAHSTARo

oSUPAHSTARo Washed

Ratings:
    +96 / 2 / -6
    Punish teams that FF by disallowing them to play in future ESHL events.

Also, it's tough to put together new teams. Most of the teams have been playing together for quite sometime, and many players will jump ship if they get an offer from one of those established teams. Makes it hard to actually field a team that you feel could compete against the top 5.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    You're not wrong but the more money involved, the more ESHL is put under the microscope. It can't be a Mickey Mouse operation if teams are competing for significant sums of cash.

So for example, they have to have a fool proof way to know people aren't second tagging or sharing a tag between users.
    Or like you said about the watch, they can't hold out on a $1500 cash prize the way they have for the watches lol

LazyPedestrian
  6. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    Outside of bad past experiences, there are a few reasons that ESHL doesn't appeal to me:

1) Whether I join a team or put one together myself, I don't feel like we'd be strong enough to go against the heavy hitters like JAM. Why throw money away buying into a league/tournament that you have no shot at winning?

2) The game itself. It's just too unreliable. The last thing I'd want to do is lose an ESHL final because our opponents drove our goalie out of his crease, scored, and the game decided it didn't constitute interference - or something like that. When you look at games with huge e-sports communities, they're all games where those oddities are minimal... but they seem to be a key component in the NHL series.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    radapex
  7. debarrd

debarrd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 5 / -19
    Biggest Esport Game here http://dota2.prizetrac.kr/international2017

Dota 2 had a prize pool of almost 25Million (first place got like 10M) No other esport league comes remotely close to this game.
    The next highest esport payout is like 2M (and thats after other Dota 2 tournaments as well)
    It is also a free to play game as well.

NHL will never have big ESPORT leagues the community is way too small period.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    debarrd11
  8. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    The community lacks a good game, a focal point, and pure numbers.

Period.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Primetimme1
  9. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Nobody wants 10 million dollars, I think what we need is a system because we don't have one. Xbox is different from PS4 and every season seems to have new rules

Nybarisny
  10. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    I find regular LGHL games to be competitive as I'm sure 87.56% of the community does too. It's really only the big dick virgin players who crave even more competition in a video game because their thumbs were shit straight out of God himself.

But, what's going to appeal more to the masses?

Pay money to play in a virtual hockey league event just to get shit on OR play in a free league that provides competitive hockey as well as having you play with new players, provides your own career stats, and simulates as if you were actually in the NHL?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    zChieef
  11. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    Your points about promoting viewership and ESHL players prioritizing ESHL over LGHL kinda contradict each other.

If your set schedule conflicts with LG, forcing players to prioritize one over the other, you're also asking potential viewers to prioritize watching ESHL > watching/playing their own LG games.

You're also going to piss off a huge portion of your potential viewers if you have ESHL players giving poor availability to LGHL teams because LG isn't their priority.

Creating more elitism isn't exactly a good strategy to appeal to non-ESHL players as potential viewers, it's already a huge obstacle because so many of the top ESHL players are disliked by the majority of the community for their behaviour on this site.

• Like Like x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  12. xCr0sbyXx87

xCr0sbyXx87 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 37 / -53
    The only way I see you guys being able to attract more teams to the eshl league is to expand your prize pool (which would mean a bigger buy-in). Realistically there are only a handful of teams that can win eshl but say you offer teams to have a chance to win there money back..... Like if u make playoffs you receive your buy-in back and the further you advance in playoffs the more money you win not just 1st place wins all the money and everyone else wins nothing

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    xcr0sbyxx87
  13. BigDiddy17

BigDiddy17 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Not everyone can sit at home all day and do nothing but play nhl or would want to. I personally dont work every day to gamble it away on an off chance my team wins. Free and fun wins over possible money and ragers.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    Composure still waiting for their watches.

• Informative Informative x 1
    footenhl
  15. xCr0sbyXx87

Ratings:
    +172 / 37 / -53
    I would imagine once eshl have a good amount of sponsors the buy-in fee would eventually be waived and then turned into basically an invite only league of 8-10 teams then there would be smaller tournaments basically qualifiers that would put teams that are on the outside bubble to be considered for an invite based league.

• Winner Winner x 2
    xcr0sbyxx87
  16. debarrd

debarrd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 5 / -19
    I agree with ya, nobody is looking for that but my point was pretty much what Primetimme said.

debarrd11
  17. RaVen_Phantom_

RaVen_Phantom_ RaVen Phantom

Ratings:
    +88 / 28 / -50
    Like Forthy said, for people to think they aren't good enough for it would be a waste of money to time to put time in. As well as for people who can afford it but it's so late at night if your in the Central or East time zone and having to wake up early for work or school.

The thing is right, I've been hearing talks of this league on how you guys should bring a pay to people who play in LGHL, LGAHL & LGCHL.

Hear me out on this not sure if anyone else said this in this thread but what if you rise the payout and buy-in for ESHL and have the other leagues (LGHL & LGAHL) have a minimum payout with no buy-in for people who makes the playoffs and a slightly higher payout for people who makes it to the finals. Leave out CHL cause what if NHLers or AHLers find their side of the league hard and go down to CHL level for less competition but an easier way to get to the playoffs cause of their skills that they've learned on their side. Won't be far to new people and continuing CHLers.

It's really fucking stupid at this point when some people give up mid-end of the season without even trying. Why they aren't trying? Cause there's no reward at the end, just your name of the Stanley Cup and a team banner. Sure that's cool and all but do other people really care about that? I can't be with or play against people who won't try at all for a league that's supposed to be competitive.

To people who run LG, this might sound really stupid in your heads but do you guys want people to stop quitting and or getting banned season after season for stupid shit? I know I do. This method could possibly work for people who sees no point in staying in this league for more than a season or 2. It would motivate people who aren't heavily skilled or new people to the league to try and get better season after season.

What happens if there's another league for hockey that has a site similar to your's but with the minimum payout method I explained before? What happens if the time conflicts heavily with other leagues and LG? Will all your LG players move over to the site with a payment for playoffs or would they stay here with no rewards in the end?

All I'm saying is I don't won't people to not try for shit when other people actually wants to, quit the league, stupid shit like getting traded so they can fuck over the team who traded them, quit the league cause they don't want to deal with their team cause they are probably shitty, etc the list goes on but you get my point. Just not seeing people try makes me wonder why they signed up for.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    New_Yorks_Elitist
  18. JoPz-95

JoPz-95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 4 / -8
    The tournament thing throughout the year would be cool, like cod, someone said I'm too lazy to quote it but ye do that bihhh

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  19. xCr0sbyXx87

Ratings:
    +172 / 37 / -53
    This isn't a good idea at all.... All this would do is increase cheating or 2nd tagging..... The league is already littered with cheaters why give them an incentive to cheat more?

• Like Like x 1
    xcr0sbyxx87
  20. BRIEREx

BRIEREx The Gr8 One

Discord:
    DannyBriere#2561
    Ratings:
    +627 / 15 / -24
    @jdheagle- didn't get your watch?

As I said it's one per team and you get "a week with the watch" then you gotta send it back

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account