LGHL vs Esports (ESHL)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    It's not hard to break in if you're good.

There's multiple examples over the last few years, I just don't feel like going into detail on them.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Perrilyzer1

Perrilyzer1 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Perrilyzer1#2915
    Ratings:
    +600 / 16 / -19
    Why is everyone complaining about not being able to compete? What happened to teams wanting to get BETTER? How can you expect to get any better if you're not competing with the best teams?

• Like Like x 12
    No Streaming Account
  3. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    Most people come here to play organized 6s with the lghl ahl chl structure, and especially since theres no more lobbies this is the place you go.

The eshl/pro series whatever you wanna call it is a smaller group, to mess with timing, days, scheduling of what made this site what it is today would be a mistake

No Streaming Account
  4. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    I tried ps a few seasons ago and it was one of the worst experiences ive ever had, 2am games, teams refusing to reschedule. I live on the east coast and work every morning like most people on here.

The only way i see it working is if it followed a similar structure to normal lg, maybe thurday/friday 9 10 11 something along those lines. Games set same times weekly and not late af

But you cant cater to the 10% of the community when majority are here for the normal league

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. jdj71

jdj71 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 1 / -9
    Imo there are just so many good players/teams. If you are not on an nhl team in pro series your paying money to get beat nightly. Id ratger just play club for free than pay to lose

No Streaming Account
  6. Spooer69

Spooer69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spooer69#1668
    Ratings:
    +379 / 3 / -7
    E-sports/Pro Series should begin as a gamebattles sort of style. There is a ladder and teams post games when they feel like playing. Beating a higher rank team yields more points than beating a lower rank team. This way teams can play against whomever they want at whatever time they want. Then at the end of the season have playoffs.

Personally, I think LGHL/LGAHL whatever should be prioritized over E-sports because E-sports is just not competitive enough right now. So many good NHL players don't play because this game isn't fun and is too wack. An E-sports league, no matter how well it's handled, will only have like 2 or 3 elite teams because of the game.

NHL is not fun -> NHL is not popular -> NHL offers no opportunity for sponsors -> No good NHL E-sports league :(

If you don't want to pay for e-sports then don't join. Also if you feel like you suck, the only way to get better is to play with/against the best. So if you are very poor or want to suck forever then just keep searching in club. E-sports shouldn't cater to people like you.

tl;dr
    E-sports should be run like gamebattles ladders. E-sports is ok but not priority due to lack of competitiveness. People who don't want to play e-sports should not offer opinions on e-sports.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    spooer69
  7. l Meezyy l

l Meezyy l @MeezyNHL

Ratings:
    +49 / 8 / -11
    I think like Jonlol said, 3 on 3 has a better chance of making an Esport type feel. Due to the fact 6v6 is too realistic and 3v3 has more excitement with the space for dekes, saves, plays and goals.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. JmOnEy2436

JmOnEy2436 Goalie Consultant

Ratings:
    +929 / 9 / -14
    3v3 has a better chance simply because it's less players = more teams = more money for the winning team as it's divided among less players.

• Like Like x 6
    TheCreasePolice
  9. aeLgi

aeLgi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 5 / -11
    Totally agree, and 3v3 is going to be a faster pace game with less weird bounces or deflections, so less chance of stealing a game if you're worst than the other team...

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    Idk about the rest of y'all, but 3v3 bored me more than 6v6 did.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    @aeLgi @JmOnEy2436 @Meeezzyy There is no 3v3 club challenge and according the game changers, they have asked for EA to try and add it before release but it seems like they will not.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    SweeT9LoU84
  12. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    L O L.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. l Meezyy l

l Meezyy l @MeezyNHL

Ratings:
    +49 / 8 / -11
    Way to go EA. SMH.

No Streaming Account
  14. jewbawkka

jewbawkka Am Le bad

Discord:
    Jewbawkka#0814
    Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -4
    Until EA cares more and we get consistent updates fixing broken stuff(players freezing/pucks going through boards/Severs being awful) just to name a few there will never be a real drive for this to be a top tier competitive game.

Its hard to care about a game that gets what 3 updates a year? Madden and FIFA work because EA actually puts the time in to program and fix them. until they put the same amount of time into NHL we as a community will always lag behind the the sports competitive game. Obviously some of this is just that the market share the NHL holds is so much smaller compared to MLB NFL and FIFA. Some of it is that the dev team is tiny compared to the other games and some is on us.

Big Esports like CoD, CSGO, Overwatch, Dota, LoL and whatever else you can think of work because they are globally enjoyed whereas NHL has a much more focused market mainly NA and a decent amount of EU.

TLDR
    Ea always subjects NHL to a bottom tier priority game.
    Marketshare is to small

• Like Like x 2
    imjewbawkka
  15. bMaJuH

bMaJuH Free Agent

Ratings:
    +1,972 / 47 / -79
    Hi... CHL Scrub here. Personally skimming through some of the comments I honestly understand both sides of the spectrum.

One side says that it is hard to be competitive when all the same guys are playing each season and are pretty much a lock to win. I get that as it takes it away. Why pay $15 just to get shitrocked for a couple of weeks? Like @Pont40 said. It's hard to get a group of 6 that has good skill that you can constantly play with that you also have great chemistry. It takes away the incentive to play. This is why LG is as great as it is.. the 3 tier league is free to play with different skill levels of competition. There is incentive there for more casual guys that don't care all that much who they play with/for. Like @JmOnEy2436 said... 3v3 would be a great balance of teams and enhance the competition a bit I think (more teams, more top players spread out, etc)... I doubt LG would go this direction but if EA implements the 3v3 club challenge I feel it's something they should consider.

On the other end there is a side that says "If you don't wanna compete vs top clubs and pay the money then don't sign up"... which i also get to a point. The league can't just say "Your team wasn't great but you tried. Here's some prizes for your efforts!". Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with having money/prizes giving an extra incentive to play.... But that's just an incentive. Something extra. The quality competition is what matters at the end of the day. The money is just a nice extra for the winning team.

Maybe just have the tier system of competitive tourney and the regular/casual one. Play to get in (I'm pretty sure this is how it was done before) and the competitive tourney gets the prize pool option. While the winning team on the other league gets something like a free team buy in for next season or an gold/premium account upgrade or something. (Or maybe just a free side of ESHL is an option with no prize pool but win to get in format would help the competitiveness for both sides? With the prize pool side being buyin... But it gives teams a choice weather they wanna play competitively casual and play for free and get nothing... or play for money and play super competitively and pay a price to play)

In conclusion, as much as I love LG and love seeing them try to expand on ESports for NHL I personally feel like it's not gonna be to the point where the sport is big enough or the game is big enough (plus the game isn't even where it should be). If you are only playing in this for the money and don't think it'll be enough then you have to get your head out of the clouds. The game isn't good enough and the sport isn't big enough to get the type of recognition/clout that COD or NBA2K gets... And as said as it is. That's just the sad realism of it to be honest. (I feel ESHL would maybe lower the amount of trade me or quit situations in the 3 leagues)

To answer the question on if I would sign up or not and why is no because I know honestly that I don't have the skills to compete or the time/commitment to the games to develop those skills. And guys that have too thumbs more than likely wouldn't take a chance on me to be on a money team. Only thing is get out of it is seeing how too clubs play when i can watch their streams or just match up in a club game and see this. Gametimes also are a huge turnoff. Even if I had the skills to compete i still wouldn't sign up more than likely because of the times. Gametimes are very fixable.

Anyways, for anyone still reading or that got to this part... Thanks. Sorry for the long and lengthy read lol. Hope everyone has a nice day :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. HoT RiViT

HoT RiViT Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HoT RiViT#6095
    Ratings:
    +156 / 7 / -6
    I'd say Esports would be much more entertaining to watch if EA were to add/allow one or two spectators to EASHL games. Having to watch a game in shitty Overhead view with color markers above their heads is why this is an issue.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    HoTRiViT
  17. x Fisher 81

x Fisher 81 @IslesGT RW

Discord:
    Fisher#3831
    Ratings:
    +524 / 109 / -104
    When I first started playing Pro Series I loved the feeling of playing top players/teams. Maybe not being the best team but this is what helped me get better as a player. So to all you shitters, the only way you're gonna get better or known is if you play top teams and players.

• Like Like x 8
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Fisher81
  18. xSlamps

xSlamps The Kid

Discord:
    Slamps#3033
    Ratings:
    +194 / 6 / -16
    TRUE BROADCAST

Slampsonn
  19. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    Said this and people thought I was stupid.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Primetimme1
  20. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    It's somehow played at a slower pace than 6s. I played 8-10 games of it and couldn't understand how people grinded it.

• Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account