The end...... For now.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by B4NKS, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    Couldn't agree more, I can't believe he made a thread that's all about himself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    CoachCrass
  2. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    Maybe you can get good at Fifa now ;)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Even though there is already a goalie patch ready to go waiting to be released that addresses most of the issues?

iMackie21
  4. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Yeah usually the first patches don't do too much, like I said though I'm not worried about it because I've got plenty of stuff to play 18 just isn't for me

No Streaming Account
  5. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,752 / 76 / -125
    B4NKS has made a personal choice for reasons of his own. Respect. Also this means with B4NKS gone I move one spot up the chart of best goalies in the AHL. I just need about 27 other guys to quit and I'm top 10 baby!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    notoriousfat00
  6. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Love you @NotoriousFAT 00

No Streaming Account
  7. S2NxFr3nchy

S2NxFr3nchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 40 / -136
    When has the game ever been playable?

Still gonna miss you @B4NKS GL IRL bro

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Thanks man like I said if the game improves by S29 I'll be back

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    Xbox 360 ...

• Winner Winner x 3
    CoachCrass
  10. Sttew

Sttew ( lDRUNK )

Discord:
    sttew.#0
    Ratings:
    +85 / 4 / -2
    Cake eater...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. VeNOM3O99

VeNOM3O99 Ultra Instinct (Sign) Goalie

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    I feel ya man!

I'm not playing NHL 18 either and taking a break too. But sadly I don't think any amount of "patching" can fix the core issues with the goalie position in this series.

Goalies that have great team in front of them that limit the opponents all game long will see success. They don't really have to be good, just lucky enough to find good teammates. While even really great goalies, will have a really hard time if their teammates can't hold the offense back.

They really have to scrap the entire goalie engine so they can get rid of all the legacy issues that still plague this series. I mainly played this game to play human goalie in 6s. It's just not worth dropping 80$ CAD on this farce as it is right now. Maybe I'll be back when the game becomes free in the EA Access Vault. Hopefully there will be a few patches in place to help mitigate the issues with the goalies. We'll see.

Keep it real @B4NKS !

• Winner Winner x 1
    VeNOM3099
  12. PushyLace756039

PushyLace756039 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 10 / -10
    Couldn't you have done this in like the conference finals of S27

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Thanks man I appreciate the comment and I totally agree which is what helped me make a decision but I'm crossing my fingers for it to be fixed (not holding breath though!)

No Streaming Account
  14. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    lol nah at least had to go out on a high note

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. VeNOM3O99

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    It's sad because I wanted to play goalie again this year. Didn't need to have a Mem Cup team in front of me, I just wanted to play. But the state NHL 18 is for human goalies at the moment... There's no way I'm going to subject myself and my teammates (of course) to massive disappointment again.

If any goalies in LG want to express their concerns over how our position is portrayed in this game, please drop a line in this thread in the EA Forums:

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/141004/devs-any-changes-to-human-goalies-from-beta

The more of us there are to let the devs know the goalie position is not working as it should, the more chance there is they might do something about it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    VeNOM3099
  16. NotoriousFAT 00

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,752 / 76 / -125
    I think everyone will adjust and if the goalie is as flawed as you think it is we will likely just see more 8-6 games and less 2-1 games. Its all relative. I just don't understand so many people passing judgement on the game right now. Certainly it's your right as a consumer to not purchase a product you feel is below standard. But it is known the goalie flailing around problem will be fixed with the first patch. Other than that I have not seen any other glaring goalie problems. It's pretty much the status quo. Lets all just take a deep breath and relax.

• Like Like x 1
    notoriousfat00
  17. VeNOM3O99

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    The thing is that the problems with the goalies are all LEGACY issues, things that have been plaguing the goalies since NHL 09. That's not something I or other goalies are saying, the DEV himself has acknowledged them. He even went as far as saying that it could be fixed, but it would require new code to do so.

Well here we are with "new code" (NHL 18) and the same legacy problems with the goalies still exist. There are more issues than just the goalie "flinch" bug. The side-to-side movements are slow. There's a bug when the goalie does a butterfly slide where they don't make the correct save animation (which is why a lot of one-timers where you should make a save if you anticipate it right still go in). Post hugging is still bugged. So is the puck covers. Inputs don't register when you're in HIGH camera and it tilts into the corner to follow the puck.

Essentially, the problem with the human goalies is that your skill has no effect (or very little) on the matche's outcome. It's more on your team in front of you. You should know this well; how many times did you play your ass off for us last season and you lost because WE couldn't defend properly? While on the other side the other goalie would maybe see 5 shots all game and come out with a shutdown and do absolutely NOTHING to earn it. Again, that's on your teammates, sure. But at the end of the day, as a goalie, you want to have at least a say in how a match turns out.

Right now, with the way the game is built, human goalies don't. That's the problem. That's why B4NKS and many goalies like him (including myself) are fed up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    VeNOM3099
  18. NotoriousFAT 00

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,752 / 76 / -125
    I'm not going to disagree with you about the insider info stuff you brought up as I really have no insight. I have only been a competitive goalie since NHL 15 so my knowledge previous to that would also be invalid. I agree completely about it matters who is in front of you. I have stated many times before that I could be one of the "Top guys" if I was with one of the top teams. Conversely I also believe that the current top goalies placed in my situation would also falter statistically.

What I do know is why I play this game. I play this game through the frustrating times when I cant slide across my crease without getting stuck. I play when pucks mysteriously slide through my pad. I play when I get frozen in butterfly because an opposing player rubbed up on me. I play despite all those reasons and more. Shit, I play because I'm older than most of you and physically can't really do it anymore and still enjoy the "competitive" nature LG brings me. But most of all I play because this community is awesome. I enjoy the guys. I like talking shit with guys like @Zacha l 37 l even if he annoys the fuck outta me. I like being accountable to my team.

So that's why I keep playing even if the game is not perfect. I will adjust. I don't fault anyone else for not wanting to continue but I'm kinda "livin' for it" and someone will likely have to stop signing me to contracts to keep me off LG. Can't wait for season 28 to begin even if the game looks less than stellar right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    notoriousfat00
  19. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    Is this speculation or confirmed by a Dev?

Windmillsfordayz
  20. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    While I agree with this and I've been through the good and bad times I've been playing strictly goalie for years and years as well as playing actual hockey goalie but in my opinion which is a similar opinion of some but not the majority, it's not necessarily about sticking through the bad times because why would I want to play again IN MY OPINION a supbar game which is why I decided to end it for now. I know full well I would've figured it out because not to pump my own tires I know I'm decent so I would've eventually got it but it felt and feels like more of a chore than playing like the old days where it always was more fun

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account