Idea for a new league on lg. (Gone wrong)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Gros Tabarnack, Dec 31, 2017.

?

Is 2017-12-31 the only day all adults are born in 20th century and all minors born in 21st century?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2018.
  1. Yes

69.4%
  2. No

30.6%
  1. Gros Tabarnack

Gros Tabarnack LG Media Owner

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 408 / -519
    Hello everyone,

Just before you start reading, i just want to let you know English is not my first language so there could be some grammar mistakes. I apologize for it and I hope you understand. Also, i have never spoken of this idea to either @LG McDonald or @Tris10 so I don't know if they have already thinking about it. I just want the opinion of people about this idea and if they would like something similar to come to lg.

I've read @Brisan66 idea to improve lg/eshl and I have find it very interesting. Here is the link of his thread: https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/idea-for-lg-eshl.267284/ - Reading it, I had an idea which is similar to him that could be added on lg.

My idea would be to implement an all new league to lg which is EASHL related. You guys can think of a name for it.

Majority of the community on lg are people who play EASHL. What lg offers to them right now is the LGHL and the ESHL which are two great leagues. Both of those leagues have their own goals and are appreciated by the community. However, both of those leagues require you to be there for specific days and times which are not everybody availability. My idea would be to implement an lg league where you can make your team like in ESHL but play whenever you want to play.

The idea would be to post a game on the site (either 3's or 6's) and wait for a team to accept it. Or accept a game that is already post on the site. When a team accepts a game, they don't know who they are gonna face until the game is accepted. (This would work like LGUHL used to work, but for EASHL.)

The league would be free to play like LGHL. There would be a giant leaderboards (3's and 6's separated) of all the teams in this league and the team which ends first at the end of a season would get a prize. For instance it could be platinum for all the members of the team.

There would not be playoffs since it would require teams to have specific date and times to play their games which is something this league does not want to have. Also, teams that would not make the playoffs couldn't play during playoffs time which sucks for them.

A season would be a month long and a team could have maximum 9 players in their roster at the same time. There would be one owner and one gm per team. Those players can't change teams during a season. However, a non-management player can quit and join a team anytime he wants.

It will be the job of managements to put stats on the site which is really easy now with the API.

Depending the team you face and their rank in the leaderboards, you will get a different number of XP. Also, if a team has 3 or more platinum members in their lineup, the game would be a ''platinum match'' which would make the winning team of the game get double xp. Even tho this league is free to play, it will make people have a reason to buy platinum other than only loving tris.

Knowing that there is some dead period on lg, this league could make people still go on the site during those periods and play some competitive EASHL. Also this league would be nice for people who wants to plays competitive 3's because this league can let you do it.

If you guys have any other ideas or questions about it, let me know in the comments. I will read you all.

Basically LGUHL for 6's.

Thank you,
    Gros Tabarnack

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Huddy

Huddy Man.

Ratings:
    +248 / 50 / -144
    Wut

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Gala

Gala Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gala#4555
    Ratings:
    +1,119 / 410 / -397
    is the poll and your idea even related to each other?

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Gros Tabarnack

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 408 / -519
    no

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. SNipeSHow Inc

SNipeSHow Inc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 34 / -48
    So you basically wants LGUHL for 6s

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    In Singleplayer : Carribean Sea
    SNipeSHowInc
  6. Gros Tabarnack

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 408 / -519
    Basically yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Gala

Gala Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gala#4555
    Ratings:
    +1,119 / 410 / -397
    i'm still trying to find out why this poll exists.

• Like Like x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    English translation :

If any of you are familiar with how Gamebattles works, he's basically suggesting that.

Sign up for the "ladder" - 6s (can't do challenges in 3s @Gros Tabarnack so no dice on that).

Post up a game for a specific time. Once game is accepted, both teams have 10 minutes to get their teams together and get the game going. After the game is played, record the stats on the site. There would be a leader board with the teams and their records.

Alternatively, you have 6 ready to play, you go search to see if anyone has a game posted, accept it and play it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  9. Gros Tabarnack

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 408 / -519
    Thanks

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Scrap the platinum idea, and this idea isn't half bad, and could easily go along with the system Brisan is wanting to implement. Would give people a reason to play some club games that for the most part would be actual competition rather than matching up with "Christmas Noobs" in club every game I play now.

Definitely see some potential problems here though. Feel like most teams probably won't take it very seriously, and this would still likely be dominated by ESHL teams who can't get enough NHL. Think it would be good for a test run at the very least.

I think even with this, playoffs could still be a thing if we wanted it to be. I don't think the availability between two different teams would be that significantly different to make playoffs impossible.

• Like Like x 4
    bossy_22_
  11. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    100% scrap the platinum idea.

@Bossy_22_ Regardless of it being dominated by EASHL teams it would be a good intro for people who potentially want to get into EASHL.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  12. Gros Tabarnack

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 408 / -519
    I know premium works out very well on gamebattles so i thought it would be a good addition to lg to have something similar with platinum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    Didn't we already have this at one point in the Pro Series? Blind matchups?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    f5penguin
  14. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Talking too myself now lol... Just thought of another issue in that the only way to keep who you're playing against as a secret until gametime would be through using the PIN System. Pretty sure everyone was essentially unanimous in saying that the PIN System blows compared too regular club challenge (would also ruin the whole ESHL like experience of creating your own club to use for this).

My idea would be (if possible) for Tris to implement a system in which a team posts a game time they're eligible to play and as soon as another team accepts that invitation to play the name of the club becomes available, so you know who you're playing and who you should contact. This creates the issue of teams bailing out if they so happen to chose a team that they aren't happy playing against. To avoid this from happening maybe a "Strike" system could be implemented. Three strikes and the team loses the ability to continue playing in the league (nobody wants to waste their time due to inconsiderate people). Another issue would be teams purposefully matching with one another. Obviously it's fun to get to play against your buddies, but a limit on the amount of times you can play a certain team is a MUST.

Obviously actual issues do arise which could cause a team to miss a game that they thought they could play, so maybe instead of the standard 9 man roster used for ESHL, we extend that to 12-15 or something to increase the likelihood of teams being able to play.

Just some additional thoughts. I really think this could be a cool idea to implement, and I would probably be down to help run this with some people. Likely won't be managing next season, so I should have some extra free time lol.

bossy_22_
  15. DR0C

DR0C Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Droc#6229
    Ratings:
    +118 / 9 / -11
    End all leagues

Hi Bane <3

• Like Like x 6
    DR0C
  16. Gros Tabarnack

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 408 / -519
    A team could only play the same opponent once per day. I forgot to mention it.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    I think this would be a cool 3s idea

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Gros Tabarnack

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 408 / -519
    No challenge club in 3s. I also didnt think about it at first.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. VI17AIN

VI17AIN Lived Long Enough To Become The VI17AIN

Discord:
    vi17ain#0
    Ratings:
    +638 / 103 / -38
    GameBattleLeagueGaming

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    VI17AIN