LAK-CHI Handshake/End of Season Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by JClaus33, Jan 17, 2018.

1. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I feel like I'm having deja vu all over again...my last full season in the league, I had to make a thread almost exactly like this one, and almost a year ago to the day: https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/cbj-fla-handshake-thread.248380/
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

This is a variation of these threads that I didn't want to have to do for another week, and ideally would've been a happier look back on our season, but as it is, the Kings have bowed out in the conference finals. Overall I'd call it a successful season for sure, as we went further and put up more of a fight than anyone would've expected after bidding. At the end of the day only one team can come out of this thing on top, so I've learned to enjoy the journey a little bit more and appreciate just the day to day interaction and whatnot with whatever team I'm a part of.
    Again, I realize this stuff is super corny to some people, but honestly I think the site can use a bit more wholesomeness, so I enjoy continuing to do them. As I now have no more games to look forward to with my team, I want to take some time to just go through our roster and give a little blip on my experience with each guy.
    I don't think many teams go through a full season almost entirely drama free, and without any major issue. Luckily for me, all 3 of my teams at the NHL level have been that way (mostly), and it makes these leagues far more enjoyable for me than I think the majority of people have experienced. I know LA is a mostly unknown roster, but almost everyone was both very nice, and very fun to play with.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

@Apperation - My 20 game winning linemate, I don’t think anyone would have expected that at the beginning of the season. Brought your talents to the show for your rookie season and filled a need for 2 teams and thrived in it. Don’t know if we had a nicer guy on the team either. Excited to see you progress for your 2nd season.

@A_Raging_Sloth - We played a grand total of 0 games together this season, but you dealt with a revolving door of line mates and d pairings and never complained, always kept a positive presence in the chat, and always gathered your line for games and warmups when your linemates would show. I hope you realize how important the role you played this season was, Sloth.

@BigBadWolfert2 - Another rookie on the squad this season, I don’t know if I’ve had a more enthusiastic teammate, regardless of the topic. You always brought good energy to us for games, and as it turns out you weren’t half bad on the buttons either. I’m sure you’ll be back for another season and Illy would be smart to have you back.

@Faytal_Flow - Your shoutbox persona makes you look like a total doofus sometimes, cause your ego can be through the roof, but holy hell what a season you had. I was unsure about it for a while, but Faytal definitely had the best seasonal performance of any goalie I’ve ever played in front of in my LG career. You also actually have a very good personality, and I enjoy playing games that aren’t NHL with you as well. I’d be happy to have you as my goalie again. Clearly my initial thought of, “Why are we having a CHL backup as our starting goalie?” was out of place, cause you were an absolute wall this season.

@GhostMK - I know for you personally this was probably your most trying season, but on a personal level, I really enjoyed both talking and playing with you. On top of that, I was happy to talk to you about things when it came to suggestions or management thoughts. I doubt Illy keeps his sanity through a full season without you there. Looking back I’m actually happy that I got a message from you saying you had randomly swooped in and put 11 mil on me. Good times

@jonhardcoq - We played together a few times, and I enjoyed talking with you every time. Very nice guy, and although I really didn’t get to play with you a ton, you and Melanson ended up making am pretty good pairing for us right after we had just seen our previous 3rd pairing quit on us the week of the deadline.

@Kev_F88 - KEVVY! I love you, mood swings and all. I had tried getting you on every single team I was on and finally got to see the Kev show up close and personal. I think you scored 2-4 goals every single game we played together, which sadly was only a few. That being said, the amount of late night conversations and just times we chilled and talked or otherwise made for a very nice season for me. I hope we don’t start falling out of touch, cause I really enjoy your company, and I need someone to keep up with all of my emotes!!

@Kymibo - My duo this season, mr Lojikuhl aka 80 other names aka Kyle. We got you before week 3, along with zd for ryno and BobtheOstrich, and honestly that trade turned our season around. You’re super under appreciated as a forward, and after your trade here, I think you and I personally went something like 20-2 together including playoffs. We really developed some great chemistry by the end of the season and it was always fun to watch you do your thing. You get another season on the illyfilly express and I’m sure you’ll enjoy similar levels of success next season. <3

@Melanson4- My boy Mel. I take full credit for saving you from the clutches of Edmonton right at the deadline, and you filled a hole that had been created right before on our d core. I know you ended up having to play out of position, but you didi it well and didn’t complain. Please for the love of all things good, stay out of the hospital though!!

@nowelbaby - White tiger!! I was very excited when we called you up, after you lit it up in the AHL for the first few weeks. You didn’t miss a beat at the NHL level, and even though you had some very tough matchups in the playoffs, you were still very encouraging and held down the fort as well as anyone could expect you to. Just like Faytal, I’d be happy to have you back as my goalie any time.

@pass2tyler - My LD for the first 6 weeks of the season, I really had no clue what to expect when I first got on the team, but it was nice to have you from the beginning whom I knew I could trust,and vice versa for you with me. Look how that turned out, a Norris nomination and I would argue your best season to date. I really enjoyed playing and talking with you, despite the fact that we didn’t get to play together in the playoffs :(

@Ryudo2337 - My LD for the last few weeks of the season, it was really nice when we got you, to have 2 LD’s that always knew what to do with the puck when they got it, and we ended up clicking really quickly, which worked out well in the playoffs. We had a very lethal lineup by the end of this thing and you were a huge part of it. Not to mention you are always awake at the crazy hours that I am so I had someone to talk to when I was doing homework or watching stuff at 5 in the morning.

@Untuchabl - Possibly the craziest LG teammate I’ve ever had, you always kept the team in check, unless it was 2am and you were fucking blasted on something. Still though, you never complained about whom you were with and always just went out and tried to win games. We had a lot of success together, but when Illy thought the team would be better off with you moving to the 3rd line, you did it without a complaint, and helped them win a lot more games with Toffoli, Sloth and you. My only question is how long before you drive Illy off the rails, cause he’s got you locked up at 500k for another 2 seasons. (Total steal)

@z73toffoli - easily the most unpredictable teammate I’ve ever had, whether that’s good or bad, I still don’t really know. I did like you when you played, and even when you didn’t you had a lot of cool stories to tell. I just wish you wouldn’t throw turds when you have a clear lane to the net :p

@zdball - Daniel :D...It only took us 5 seasons, but we finally got a chance to play together in league, and I’d say we definitely made the most of the opportunity. Probably the defenseman I’m most comfortable having behind me, it was nice to have a linemate that I pretty much always knew what you were going to do, and vice versa for you with me. I hope you do come back, cause this season was a whole lot of fun together.

@Illyfilly - Finally, my owner Illy. Not gonna lie, I really did not have the nicest feelings towards you before this season. Your shoutbox persona kind of overshadows who you actually are, and it rubs a lot of people the wrong way, myself included. That being said, you have been an outstanding owner this season, you fight for your players, and made sure to accommodate everyone regardless of the situation. You listened to most of my suggestions, and that really helped me buy into this team. Having a management group that was very open to suggestions and ideas, and took the team’s opinion into account. I really liked how the team was run, and really didn’t have a complaint from the end of week 2 onward. I wouldn’t say this season was easy really, cause a lot of my games were a fucking grind, but it was definitely very enjoyable. Just want to say thanks for believing I was worth the 12 mil you dropped on me, and then working towards improving the team constantly post bidding when you saw things weren’t working. I’m really glad I was a part of your team this season. Thank you

Also, some quotes from my teammates:
    Emo Kiev-Today at 11:59 PM
    "Chicago, thanks for making me develop mental health issues after game 1, I really do appreciate that.”

zdball-Today at 12:01 AM
    Just tell Serpe to go fuck himself

Kiev-Today at 12:12 AM
    Ggs Chicago, thanks for the massive headache in game 1 and 6. We unfortunately did not no de wey. You guys are winning that cup. Best of luck!

Now of course, I can't go through all of that effort and not acknowledge the team we played against. Chicago has an almost equal combination of my friends, as well as total, utter aids. I love most of the guys on the team, and if my team couldn't bring the cup home this season, I would certainly want my friends to do it. I just wish I could've had a chance to throw down in a game 7 :confused:

@Desjy99 - You've put together an outstanding team, and despite your team being complete aids at times, kept it all together, even with constant ECU's throughout the season, and now the playoffs too. I'm rooting for you to finish this thing off. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Good series, and good luck in the finals my friend.

Also, specifically, goodluck to my club pals @Kraz18 @KyleY12 @nriney, hope you guys can add another cup to the TTP trophy case :D

That's it for me for Season 6, I know these types of threads aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy writing them, and for me it's a good way to put a bow on the season. I don't know where the wind will take me for next season, but hopefully it leads to just as enjoyable a time as this season was. I honestly had a great time on the Illyfilly express, and I'd love to see him succeed going forward just so I can enjoy the shit talk in the shoutbox again. Thanks for reading everyone, and until next season, Josh out!

upload_2018-1-17_12-58-30.png

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 17
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    JClaus33
  2. KyleY12

KyleY12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -16
    A rare season where JClaus33 didn't get banned for shady business

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    KyleY12
  3. jonhardcoq

jonhardcoq Dacoq Industries

Discord:
    jonhardcoq#8121
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -3
    Well done on the write up. I really enjoyed playin with you JClaus and many of the other members of the organization. You play your position perfectly and are a great assest to any team you are apart of.

Management did a great job here on the LA organization and i really talented on the ice. It was a pleasure. Honestly!

We played some great game even with makin things work on our third line.

I officially retire from LG last night as my priorities have changed and must focus on keeping workin as it is a slow period in my real life profession.

Ive really enjoyed my time here in LG and met alot of good people and some that are better not to mention.

See yall around when my real life career becomes a lil more stable and i have more time to focus on the LG Universe

Great playing with you jclaus and mkghost.
    It was a pleasure!

• Like Like x 3
    jonhardcoq
  4. Untuchabl

Untuchabl I tried to be nice.....now I'll do what I do best

Ratings:
    +568 / 31 / -91
    JClaus - Very surprised how active and upbeat you were. With your past and status I figured you would be a silent contributor at best. I was completely wrong. Not only were you a really good player but you were also a really good guy. Ill root for Klaus in the future. Klaus Esketit!;)

Illy is a good player. I remember seeing him troll Sloshy and Hayes one day and I told myself "I like that guy". He doesn't dick ride people just because they are good. He understands the value of a team.

Congrats Chicago management! Built a great team. Hope you guys finish the job.

Fuck Polska. Fuck Gonzo. Go Chicago! See you on yhe ice! Peace ooooooot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Hriiz

Hriiz mm moist

Ratings:
    +686 / 19 / -49
    Gg

• Like Like x 2
    hriiz_
  6. Illyfilly

Illyfilly Brenty Gee

Ratings:
    +398 / 89 / -196
    Nice write up. Got beat by the better team. :( Still sadface.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. ItsJodach

ItsJodach No more west

Ratings:
    +519 / 24 / -53
    am I a friend or utter aids?

• Creative Creative x 1
    JodachTV
  8. Zamne

Zamne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,169 / 43 / -56
    never too late

No Streaming Account
  9. Kernsy

Kernsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 21 / -63
    :sweep::sweep:

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    kernsy35
  10. Apperation

Apperation NCAA Maine Black Bears RD and AGM

Discord:
    apperation#0
    Ratings:
    +63 / 2 / -7
    @JClaus33 thanks for the fun season man couldn't have asked for a better linemate. Had a ton of fun playing with you this season and you made my first NHL season a fun and exciting one. Wanted to say thank yous as well to both @xChief 27 for giving me my first shot at playing in the NHL, and to @Illyfilly for trading for me and having me on his team for this playoff run. Also congratulations again to Chicago for a fun and competitive series and best of luck in the finals. That said, looking forward to next season and who's backpack I end up in. #LivingtheCarriedLife

• Like Like x 7
    appplayssports
  11. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    thx for the mention

Krvstoffer
  12. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    can we get a mic check on a raging sloth please.

Serpe_x_13x
  13. Kxv-97

Kxv-97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +253 / 7 / -7
    The emotes.... will. never. stop. coming.

No Streaming Account
  14. jayvee2k1

jayvee2k1 xoxo

Discord:
    jayvee#9422
    Ratings:
    +147 / 3 / -10
    Great post, @JClaus33 !

• Like Like x 2
    jayvee95