Krok-o-dill's Top Players NOT in the LGHL - Left Defense

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Krok-o-dill, Feb 13, 2018.

?

Would you like to see more of these articles?

1. Hell Yes! This was awesome

2. Meh, I could live with or without

3. No, I didn't enjoy this at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ae-Daemon

ae-Daemon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 9 / -3
    Don't cry about not being on the list. Weber managed to be a top D man when his entire team was dog shit for years before they got decent, lots of top tier D men are acknowledged and respected based on what they do with nothing around them. If you're not good enough to carry don't shit on your previous teams inability to carry you. Just saying.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. GamingRendo

GamingRendo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -2
    Just a quick shoutout to all the unsung heroes out there that carry sub-par defenders. You're top blokes. I'm shitter :(

No Streaming Account
  3. xDeal89

xDeal89 check your watch, its my time

Discord:
    xdealynder89#0
    Ratings:
    +99 / 72 / -20
    #reigntrain

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    dealzzzzz
  4. Philly_Jawns

Philly_Jawns Wish my penis was as big as yours

Ratings:
    +192 / 5 / -12
    Hahaha I hate you with a passion

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. Dangles4days

Dangles4days YouTube Danglez Washington

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8
    I’m not crying about not being on a list. I was trying to open peoples eyes that you can’t only judge a dman off of a record and plus minus. The players and TCs would agree. Hell even one of the GMs apologizes for that season every time we play.

You mentioned Weber, I agree with you and also listed other perfect examples of good dman on bad teams in the nhl. They also have losing records with some of the worst plus minus in the league. Do they need to suck it up and carry too?

So who’s the Weber, burns, or karlsson of virtual hockey? How often on LG do any dmen get recognized if they are on bad teams?

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Krok-o-dill

Krok-o-dill Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Is there a fool proof way to recognize good dmen on bad teams?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    krok0dill
  7. Blackngold37

Blackngold37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    @ussyucker88 will be a dominant force on LD this season in the AHL. Keep an eye

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. xBadApples

xBadApples huh?

Ratings:
    +96 / 40 / -40
    B4dn3wsjer3
  9. Krok-o-dill

Krok-o-dill Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Still got LW to do and then goalies will be decided by the community. Ill do a writeup for the goalies I qualify and let everyone vote for the top 3. That way it eliminaes any bias since i am also a goalie!

krok0dill
  10. ae-Daemon

Ratings:
    +53 / 9 / -3
    The point that I was trying to make is that players know when they're going up against elite players. When you play vs a top level defender, whether you're on a good team or a bad team, by the 2nd period you have a pretty good idea if someone is 'noticeable' that you need to avoid that side of the ice because you're not getting into the zone. You have enough of those games and word tends to spread. You don't have to consistently be on an elite team to generate wins, numbers. It's the long road sure, but it's still a road. There are also lots of other opportunities for a player to get noticed. There's shoutbox random games all the time, there's friday night puck, there's other leagues. If you want opportunity, and you want to let the 'world' know you're a top tier player, go out and make that opportunity. If you sit around waiting for bidding to find you a good situation you could be left off lists like this for a long time.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. Dangles4days

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8
    Just like in real life there’s never a fool proof way when drafting and bidding. In my first posts I listed a few stats to look at.

Can also take in to consideration that players plus minus vs his teams overall plus minus. If he’s leading his team he must be doing something right.

I’m not expecting you to go that far into stats. But if I were a owner or gm I’m sure you could find some steals for defenseman on bad teams. You just have to realize that since they were on a losing team so they’ll have a losing record.

No Streaming Account
  12. ae-Daemon

Ratings:
    +53 / 9 / -3
    I actually find it funny how much emphasis is put into offensive production for defenders in real hockey and in this league. I've played 2 seasons in the CHL, and I'm in my first season in the AHL, and the most basic job of any defender in this game is to prevent breakaways, and make basic passes (get the puck out and up). From what I've seen, 75% of the defenders I've run into in competitive play can't do one of those 2 things, more often than not the breakaway thing. When I was in the CHL I preached it constantly to our players and we had a lot of success. If you're reading this, and you're a defender.... (I don't care about who your D parnter is), and you're giving up a breakaway a game, or more than 1 a game, shit even one a week.... you're doing something wrong. If you can build a team that has a defensive core that has 15 points or less by the end of the season and averages 1 breakaway or less a week you're probably a playoff team just based on that. Everyone wants to play like Karlsson, everyone wants to be the next Bobby Orr. Learn to love, and play like Weber and you'll have a lot more success, it's easier, and your goalie will appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Dangles4days

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8

I agree with everything you’ve said. And I’ve played against “elites” some times I win against them other times my team gets our heads kicked in. At the end of the game when the player summary pops up I usually end up with the best overall defensive rating and it’s rarely lower than 90%

I see games where I set the tone early with a few big hits in the neutral zone or at my blueline. Then they stop bringing the puck up my side of the ice which then turns into a dump and chase. When a wraparound on the right side, 1t from the point, or a shot from the top of the circles goes in you can’t fault me. The game knows this it even shows you where to be in a big green box if you leave the coaching hints on. If the other team never scores in that box I’ve done my job and the player summary shows that at the end of the game. Which is why I usually get 100.

I’ve seen it said a few times on here that it’s mostly political and a popularity contest when it comes to playing lgnhl. There’s only so many roster spots so unless your teams killing it on the scoreboard you’re never going to get recognition as a dman.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Dangles4days

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8
    I find that the real nhl puts more emphasis on offensive production for defenders because it’s entertaining hockey. Who doesn’t like to watch karlsson wind it up and go end to end. If he doesn’t score there’s a chance you get to see an exciting oddman rush back the other way. That kind of hockey is good for the NHL. Remember when overtime use to be 5 on 5, then 4 on 4, and now it’s 3 on 3 with no actual defenders on the ice.

If your offense is capable of outscoring the other team without including them in the offense I get it. But if your team struggles to score it’s a different story.

The sharks are +15 goals
    Brent burns 50 points -19

The Senators are -47 goals
    Eric karlsson 41 point -28

Montreal is -37
    Shae Weber 16 points -8
    Others

Most probably think burns and karlsson are the better players. Based off the numbers I think Weber is.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. cjdtheprofessor

cjdtheprofessor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -2

Kudos to you for having 1.7 giveaways/game and 2.7 takeaways per game with a 35% win percentage last season, but you have to consider that last season was totally different than your other listed seasons.

Please consider:

You've taken a penalty every other game, averaged 3.7 giveaways/game and 2.9 takeaways/game, and hold a 35% win percentage in your AHL career.

I'm guessing you played forward for parts of your CHL career because your TA/GA rates were 2.9/7.3, but I'm not sure because you also posted 5.9 giveaways per game in the ESHL.

He outlined these top guys' careers throughout LG which in itself was pretty attentive and cool to see. I don't really understand why you seem to be expecting him to only lock into your most recent season to determine your ability as a player given the article covers more than just season 6. How could you justify only looking at one season when your AHL career win % and last season's win % were identical with such a swing in stats, not to mention the change from the CHL where your win % was slightly higher at 39%?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Cjdtheprofessor
  16. SenatorsFan

SenatorsFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 5 / -6
    That's why they call you the professor cjd

SenatorsFanPS
  17. Melanson4

Melanson4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 7 / -17

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Dangles4days

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8

That first post was kind of sarcastic. Like the op post it was just in fun to have a discussion.

I’m going to guess that you didn’t see my post where I listed all of the teams records that I played on and their goals for to against. Well if you didn’t the season average for the goals for and and against for the teams that I’ve played on has been minus 78! Is it a miracle that my plus minus isn’t worse or am I making the best out of whats around me. Put the best dman from LG on the teams I played for and his stats will be the same.

You can’t judge a dman off of team based stats like plus minus and wins/losses.

Same way you don’t solely judge forwards off of a winning percentage and plus minus. Everyone looks at their goals and points.

No Streaming Account
  19. cjdtheprofessor

cjdtheprofessor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -2
    That's literally the entire premise of every single thing I said. I noted the win percentage you held in every season of your career, showing that your teams were consistently the same level of bad (35%/35%/39%/0%) but your numbers were nowhere near consistent. All I was pointing out was that you had one season above average on a below average team and wanted praise for it on a post based on career stats. To say there was any other intent from your original post is just disingenuous.

I'm well aware on how frustrating it is not only being a defenseman but being a defenseman on some pretty bad teams. Look at my entire NHL career for a beautiful example. The difference is you have some wierd tunnel vision and can't see things objectively as evidenced by you replying with this strange passive aggressiveness. You've been combative to everyone who isn't even being hostile to you.

I already like you because you're a defenseman so don't take this personal. I'm just saying, you play defense, you know not to expect recognition ever. Hell this entire game is geared for the forward community, look at all the dumb plays they get away with. Honestly though, who cares? That's all part of being a defenseman. Play your game and let everything else sort itself out on its own. If you play like you did last season I'm sure you'll get the attention you're craving so long as you don't burn all your bridges on lighthearted threads like this.

• Like Like x 2
    Cjdtheprofessor
  20. Sumaaa--

Sumaaa-- Washed is the new meta.

Ratings:
    +441 / 22 / -58
    If your a good dman will always be opinionated.

• Like Like x 1
    sumaaaaaaaa