ESHL Availability - Adding a Roster Spot

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by Optehic, Feb 22, 2018.

?

Should ESHL be allowed another roster player (FWD/D)?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Optehic

Optehic Rated R #22 LD/RD

Ratings:
    +317 / 10 / -12
    I think it can only help with availability and scheduling games and as we approach the Spring/Summer, players are more likely to be traveling and such. I think it would be a smart decision to add another player to the rosters (if the team wants to).

No Streaming Account
  2. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    We're going to discuss roster rule changes after this event (again) so it'll be interesting to see what people think. I don't think adding a spot is they way to go, though. It will kill off a bunch of teams.

• Informative Informative x 1
    eashlgoalie
  3. zigzag989

zigzag989 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    This would help us out a lot for sure

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Would help open teams out a bunch... One more player and maybe my team wouldn't have ff half the season.

• Like Like x 2
    bossy_22_
  5. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    I wish you had the votes public. I am curious as to who is voting to increase the roster size to 10. I was thinking of suggesting making a max of 8... As you would likely have 6 starters and then a backup skater and goalie (or just 7 skaters and your starting G). My thought process would be it would increase the amount of teams playing and no position lock so teams wouldn't have to FF if a goalie played skater (also makes it easier to police as there would be no policing needed). That would make a whole team and a half of just invite players. Big plus for growing the competitive scene.

Increasing it to 10 would see at least three/four teams not exist decreasing the overall size of ESHL when looking at a team perspective. Which we don't want to do. If people are just not committing to playing because they are not winning, I don't think that is a good reason to increase the size. Is this the reason? I have no idea but just the first thought that popped into my head.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Scheckel29
  6. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    Another thing I want to discuss is modifying the permission rule to drop players. I think that would help, because right now teams have a roster size of 9 + 4 replacements. There is absolutely 0 reason why you should have no players. That's 13 potential players throughout a season.

eashlgoalie