Questions for everyone having the 5-10% packet loss issues.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Primetimme, Apr 4, 2018.

1. xDeal89

xDeal89 check your watch, its my time

Discord:
    xdealynder89#0
    Ratings:
    +99 / 72 / -20
    My provider is Rogers, I have gigabit Internet, happens in club and challenge club, unsure of the time.

Although I have packet loss, it does not seem to be laggy

Weird

• Winner Winner x 1
    dealzzzzz
  2. Khaoz255

Khaoz255 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 7 / -6
    Just started recently for me and a buddy that plays on the same team never had it before and he is hardwired My ping is usually between 15-25 his is 10 or lower but it goes 60-70 ping in 1st and 2nd with 10-15 packet loss then is normal in 3rd

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. AgedQuod

AgedQuod Do or do not, there is no try

Ratings:
    +211 / 9 / -21
    Just my opinion, but the connection in club challenge seems way different than dropins. I know the new system to input stats is awesome with club challenge. But dropins with codes has always been more fluid for me and what mostly everyone else ive played with or against.

If only there was a way to have use the same stats tech for dropins.

• Winner Winner x 1
    slivers311
  4. Dangles4days

Dangles4days YouTube Danglez Washington

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8
    Just had a recommended location of Europe wtf I’ve never seen this???

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Mesmerize-_-

Mesmerize-_- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Mesmercack#9743
    Ratings:
    +263 / 7 / -15
    I honestly think it’s a result of to many games going on at once at the same time, you have LG, VGHL, SPNHL, prob a couple of other stupid leagues. LG and VG both have a full NHL, AHL and minors, I think the EA server just can’t handle that kind of traffic, usually if I play not around league hours the game seems fine.

• Winner Winner x 2
    XMesmerizeX
  6. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    So whys it such an issue the past month and not september- february? Or last year?

I think its something else going on.

No Streaming Account
  7. jayvee2k1

jayvee2k1 xoxo

Discord:
    jayvee#9422
    Ratings:
    +147 / 3 / -10
    Gotta be that NHL World Championship Tournament that's going on. Tourney started on March 24th, and that's when I started having issues, @B-Bunny .

I also heard that EA recently moved their Datacenter.

• Winner Winner x 1
    jayvee95
  8. Dangles4days

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8
    Its playoff hockey time! This is when the game will draw in new players and bring back the casual players that bought the game earlier in the year then stopped playing. Plus I’m sure they are probably running some kind of HUT playoff gimmick to keep people grinding that mode.

Now add in the big announcement of the esports tournament. That there probably raised there sales and brought in even more people.

It’s also peak time for everyone that doesn’t play leagues. Kids are out of school, parents are home from work, dinner is over, and over on the west coast people are just starting to get home as well.

I’ve had this issue since almost the release of the game, come to think of it for the past few years. When hasn’t the servers been a issue?

I’ve noticed the recommended server thing back in October. @jonlol had asked a similar question about the connection. I brought this to his attention and he said he would pass the information on to the right people. I literally use to close app several times until mine would go back to recommend east. I use to be able to do this and it would work, but now there’s just to many people online yesterday there was 30k. Last week the most I seen was 19k!

No Streaming Account
  9. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    The packet loss thing is brand new as far as I know, different from the game recommending you to west when your east. Also different from starting your game at 12ms and by the middle of the 2nd youre at 60ms. Its super odd for the ping to slowly fluctuate throughout the game. Ive seen west coast connection and east connection, but at least itll be steady for the entire game. This feels like bouncing between them in the middle of a game, back and forth.

The hut and vs shit is p2p so I dont think thatd do it.

No Streaming Account
  10. jayvee2k1

jayvee2k1 xoxo

Discord:
    jayvee#9422
    Ratings:
    +147 / 3 / -10
    Agreed. Feels like i'm bouncing between East Host and West Host during my games. You'd think you would just lag out if that was happening, though.

I've reached out to EA, explaining that there are hundreds of people being affected by this same exact issue, and their advice was for us all to contact our ISP's...

jayvee95
  11. Dangles4days

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8
    Towards the end of NHL 16 I was having these issues and was told the same thing and was told to forward certain ports. Since I know nothing about this I had my provider do it over the phone. This did help back then, but now it has no affect.

No Streaming Account