Darse Knob Jockey

Discord:
    darcykuemper#0
    Ratings:
    +3,361 / 98 / -121
    Game 5 turns into game 4
    Game 6 turns into game 5
    Game 7 turns into game 6
    Game 4 turns into game 7 and will be the 2nd game played on Wednesday @10:30EST

Lower seed still gets that game 4 line match tomorrow, Tuesday @9:30 EST which would’ve been game 5.
    The only implication is that there is 1 more game on Wednesday.

Boom done.

(Ps I understand that game order doesn’t matter for the sake of elimination, but momentum does)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    DKuemps
  2. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    G7s are all being pushed back to 1030, G6 at 930 wednesday. Nobody can play thursdays

iMackie21
  3. LAZYKIDZinGA

LAZYKIDZinGA S32 Canucks Owner

Discord:
    lazy#2805
    Ratings:
    +186 / 21 / -51
    I like this idea , with the advantage of having line match options .

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Lazyyyygaming
  4. Axey19

Axey19 Krawch's Uncle.

Discord:
    axey19#0
    Ratings:
    +189 / 26 / -15
    I agree with this model, Darcy. 100% have to keep the order of the games. Seems bizarre to play game 4 after game 6.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. LAZYKIDZinGA

LAZYKIDZinGA S32 Canucks Owner

Discord:
    lazy#2805
    Ratings:
    +186 / 21 / -51
    Like put 4-5 Tuesday , 6-7 on Wednesday

• Like Like x 1
    Lazyyyygaming
  6. JKGrizzle

JKGrizzle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 6 / -6
    Teams with spotty availability are going to be screwed either way. I understand that teams who had their top line locked into game 4 get screwed if the game is rescheduled later than 5 or 6 because there is a chance that game never gets played. But forcing game 4 into Tuesday also screws over people who can’t play Tuesday’s and forces their team to use an ecu.

No matter the resolution, people are going to whine, and for good reason. At least the current format gives some flexibility to try and allow teams to reschedule for a day/time when people are able to play. Where as forcing game 4 lineups to play before game 5 removes that flexibility and makes availability problems worse IMO.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Darse

Darse Knob Jockey

Discord:
    darcykuemper#0
    Ratings:
    +3,361 / 98 / -121
    Game 4 lines don’t have to be the original game 4 line to avoid using ecu’s. Unless of course it was their line that hasn’t played a single game in the series.

• Like Like x 1
    DKuemps
  8. JC Enterprise

JC Enterprise Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JC Enterprise#2601
    Ratings:
    +549 / 46 / -41
    Great idea, the leagues basically hurting a team trying to avoid a sweep. We had our top line locked in for game 4 trying to force a game 5, but now it’s literally for nothing when game 5 is played before game 4. Like lol gg

• Like Like x 1
    XxFireHeartsxX
  9. SQUADCAV16

SQUADCAV16 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    squadcav16#0
    Ratings:
    +102 / 1 / -2
    This is the model that HAS to be used for those teams facing elimination. I was anticipating this being the ruling as it seemed to be the easiest method.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Losing game five makes game four’s results irrelevant lol

I don’t get how people don’t see it..

So you are suggestion your top line in game four be moved to game five so you have a shoot? A shoot at what? An additional game? So then you lose the series 4-1 rather than 4-0?

At the end of the day being down 3-0 right now with game four being moved is a major hill to climb. You said it yourself you were only using your top line in game four to post pone elimination. Regardless of winning game four you still need to win game five and six...

Anyways this is a dead horse

• Winner Winner x 3
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  11. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    If the team facing elimination loses game five... game four doesn’t even matter even if it was played and was a win.

What I suggest is go into game five like you won game four. Series is 3-1. Now win both tonight so you can play tomorrow... that’s what you’d have to do anyways if you played game four.

• Winner Winner x 4
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. xxSavageDave

xxSavageDave Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +195 / 15 / -16
    Mcdonald you are also assuming that people dont feel pressure or momentum in a video game lol. As someone who is a huge ambassador for this site you should know more than anyone how seriously people take this game. Take our series. Cleveland is down 2-1. Our top line was sent to even the series at 2. NOW i dont know about the calm cool and collected elites of the LGAHL but when my life is on the line and im down 3-1 in a series im sweating lol making mistakes i shouldnt because im trying to force a win. Where as if im tied 2-2 cause my top line Just had a dominant game 4. Then im going into game 5 with a huge boost of confidence knowing that my top line has got my back in game 6 or 7 or whatever the fuck. I dont know how YOU dont see that. Anyone who doesnt think that theres a mental aspect to playing virtual hockey is dumb :p

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Lightxdownydav3
  13. S2NxFr3nchy

S2NxFr3nchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 40 / -136
    I agree with this because whether you lose a series 4-0 or 4-1 what's the difference because your team is still eliminated, and I don't see all the hype of playing one more game when all it would do is change how many games the series was won in rather than actually effecting the series.

However, for teams where the series is currently 2-1, I do see this being a momentum swing as being down 3-1 vs being tied 2-2 is a huge difference.

So I believe maybe making a change for the series that are actually competitive should be in order to maintain those series and momentum, but for the series that are essentially over the change of games has no meaning other than maybe dragging the series out 1 extra game.

No Streaming Account
  14. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I never once said momentum isn't part of the game...

I just said my reasoning is public. I allowed flexibility for game four to be moved around due to last minute availability issues. Thus far more teams have agreed to these terms than teams who have made this an issue.

In my eyes, having player make the game without using ECUs trump perceived momentum

And at the end of day, I didn't take the servers down lol, and I am done for the series as well seeing as I can't play the next two nights either. So I am one of the players who would rather have played last night.

If you believe momentum will carry you through game five and six, then play as if you won game four.

• Like Like x 3
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. Tatawaka

Tatawaka why do people claim me...

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -3
    So when i setup my stream tonight for game 4, should I post that our series is 2-1 for us, excluding game 5’s result, or say it is 2-2 or 3-1 including it?

I’m kidding.
    Like you kind of said, there is no “fun” solution to this. It’s crap that the servers died last night, and sucks that players locked in game 4 are locked, but it is the solution that follows the rulebook as closely as possible.

Now fingers crossed that the servers hold up tonight.

Should we all massively contact EA to let them know there will be high traffic tonight? Lol

No Streaming Account
  16. GOAT YeeYee

GOAT YeeYee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 13 / -18
    So basically you’re saying if your under pressure you will fail.. either you have the clutch gene or you don’t, go out there play some good hockey and beat Chicago, being down shouldn’t make you nervous when you know you have a good team just go play and win it’s simple

• Like Like x 1
    tatarl21l
  17. Skizzostone

Skizzostone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    skizzostone#0
    Ratings:
    +713 / 82 / -51
    Dont fricken get me going again my friend lol

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. SQUADCAV16

SQUADCAV16 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    squadcav16#0
    Ratings:
    +102 / 1 / -2
    I think the issue I was having was just with respect to the wording. Puff and McDonald were saying almost the same thing. The only difference being the LINES used. "Game 5" will actually be the 4th game played. The difference is, a lot of the managers would like the ability to use the Game 4 lines in the "scheduled" Game 5. Or to at least have the ability to choose their lines as the circumstances have now changed.
    Having the lines from Game 4 locked AND moved to after the "scheduled" Game 6 does alter the strategy that some managers were trying to implement.
    Regardless of the series score (whether 3-0 or 2-1) there is still an impact if the lines are locked.

As always, keep up the great work here. I appreciate it.

No Streaming Account