Rico's Totally Legit And Very In-Depth S8 Post Bidding Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Tcx7, May 30, 2018.

1. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    Before I even start, I have to explain that to really get an ACCURATE representation of a team I had to use all 802 Pokemon at my disposal. This is a very serious comparison of all 31 teams in alphabetical order.

[​IMG]

Anaheim Ducks - The Ducks are a pretty easy team to compare. Since the core group has been there the team hasn't ever really changed. Seasons go on but they stay the same, no huge downgrade but really no top tier upgrade.

[​IMG]

Arizona Coyotes - While Arizona has struggled lately to build a top tier team, Moran always finds a way to get the entire team playing together and improving. Does it always work? No, however you have to respect the dedication to improve.

[​IMG]

Boston Bruins - NoSleeves first attempt at bidding and he didn't do too bad for himself. I don't see Boston being a world beater but overall hes built a pretty balanced team with a decent amount of potential.

[​IMG]

Buffalo Sabres -To be honest I think I can speak for the entire league and say I expected more from Desjy and Mclovin. Its not that the team is bad it just seems they could've done so much better with the amount of talent out there. Konz is the goat though so it might rely a lot on him. Here's a picture of Konz taking everyone under his wing

[​IMG]

Calgary Flames - Offensively Calgary might have the ability to surprise a few teams in some 7-5 games. Back end looks rough though and this entire season will rely on their goalie duo to play out of their minds night in and night out.

[​IMG]

Carolina Hurricanes - Claus is no stranger to carrying low tier teams and this might be his greatest challenge yet. Carolina wont be at the bottom of the standings purely off of Claus forcing his way into a few wins. Actual picture of Claus carrying teams the past 2 now 3 seasons.

[​IMG]

Chicago Blackhawks - Now in the Pokemon world not every Pokemon is created equally, sometimes Pokemon are made because they look cute or fill another role in their world. When you think about it Chicago is kinda like that in the LG world. They aren't around to be a super competitive team, although I'll give them props for not being an entire dumpster fire last season. Chicago is around simply to make others look good, that doesn't change this season.

[​IMG]

Colorado Avalanche - Nav takes over for an Avalanche team coming off a very good season and a cup win. That being said going into bidding they had to replace some pretty prominent pieces and I'm interested to see if they can continue their success, smart man would say yes but crazier things have happened in virtual hockey (Hi Dekar).

[​IMG]

Columbus Blue Jackets - Ok so Nick and the Jackets spent an entire season sucking it up and now they are in stage 2 of trying to not suck so much. Looking at the roster they will be better than last season but that's not something that's very hard to do. They look a little rough in some places but look exceptional in others, overall CBJ is hard to predict so their comparison was an easy one.

[​IMG]

Dallas Stars - Kinda surprised where Dallas went this bidding. Instead of getting a sure fire top forward or dman they decided to get a bunch of 2nd hand talent and hope it works out. Honestly this team looks like they went for someone else but either got cold feet at the end or just purely didn't have the money. What happens when you can't get a Pidgey? That's right you get the much worse Spearow.

[​IMG]

Detroit Red Wings - JLM is back for another season as owner of the Red Wings and I kinda see where he took his team again. Has some great pieces at good prices but there's a lot of YIKES on this roster that will hold them back from being able to reach their true potential. Some moves and this team is top tier easily.

[​IMG]

Edmonton Oilers - I don't really know if this Oilers team is better than last years. There's a lot of question makes all over the roster, however they do have some great talent that can probably pick up the slack. They have 4 top tier fwds but really only 1 good dman (maybe 2 you can argue) which might really hurt them in the long run.

[​IMG]

Florida Panthers - If you aren't on the 1st line for this team, you're gonna have a really rough go this season. 1 line team with no goalies doesn't really work but maybe they have some trades lined up, Hayes to Florida (E5). Some of the high tiered contracts on this team will definitely need to earn their pay day.

[​IMG]

Los Angeles Kings- La is in for a rough season after their bidding session. I can 100% see where they tried to take their team, and they have some contracts that will look really good in a season or 2. This season however I don't see them making a real splash anywhere. I don't think I've ever seen a team come out of bidding preparing for next season talent wise but this just might be it.

[​IMG]

Minnesota Wild - The Wild are always an interesting team. Every season people dunk on Agger and the boys but when its week 7 and hes fighting at the top people are always confused. I think I've cracked the code though, Agger himself is dog treats of a player but is top tier talking PREMIUM dog food when it comes to building a team. Hes done it again I think, this team will be fighting at the top but hopefully not for too long cause I wanna see Chyz drunk streams.

[​IMG]

Montreal Canadiens - Montreal is a weird team. Alright hear me out, Silky seems to be someone you wanna play for, from a team building stance he can build ok to good teams. The one issue with playing for him is that he will annoy the fuck out of you. So in theory the team will be winning but you'll wanna 13 reasons why yourself. Fair trade off? Maybe, depends who you are I guess. The success of this team purely relies on how many of these guys wanna stay after 2 weeks.

[​IMG]

Nashville Predators - The Predators biggest weakness last season was their defense and goalies and what does Vibez do? Well he has a goaltender this time but he seems to have forgotten the defense part again. Offensively the team looks great but they might be in the same tier as Calgary where most games might be 7-5 which will look great for Flaps stats. "Hitmonlee used Hi Jump Kick but missed! He kept going and crashed."

[​IMG]

New Jersey Devils - Alright so maybe Gour knows how to build a team after all. This team looks better than last seasons which I didn't think he would be able to do. Offensively they look good, defense looks rough after Tom Horne and goaltending is a HUGE what if with this team. Will Back quit? will Jonez be the most emo emo to ever emo? Find out season 8, btw just do anything vs most of these dmen and you should be ok since they will think "no one would ever do that on the other side!"

[​IMG]

New York Islanders - I had high hopes for Oriolerules to bring a good team to the isles but he fell into the shitty NYI trap. This is a bottom tier team that just wont be able to climb out unless they trape some people. Issue with doing that is there's legit nothing on this roster that could entice any owner in a trape esk deal.

[​IMG]

New York Rangers - The Rangers are french, whether that's a good thing or not I don't really know yet. They look like one of the more balanced teams though. No real top top talent outside the management team but its not like they are a bunch of garbage cans either. Bo got a worse team to the playoffs last season I think he can do it again with a slightly better one. (JP at fwd lul)

[​IMG]

Ottawa Senators - So much skill on this team and yet so much aids it might get the entire league lockdown for a few weeks. I can see this team being mid tier with some good cases to push for top 6 in the east. If egos stay down skies the limit I think but that's a really really big if.

[​IMG]

Philadelphia Flyers - Mathdouble did very well last season and had some great contracts. This season might be a bit rough. Jcoul makes his return and hes being put in a position where hes gonna have to carry pretty hard if he wants to see his team do anything. I expect some changes after they see this current team wont work but there's some YIKES contracts on this team that might make it very difficult to improve. Here's Jcoul in a panic when he saw his bid expire.

[​IMG]

Pittsburgh Penguins - "This dumpster fire is beautiful" - Pens management team

[​IMG]

San Jose Sharks - I wont say much about my own team as its always weird to slob your own knob. I will say Rad is very good at building teams and getting people who generally aren't dick heads (except me because he loves me for some reason).

[​IMG]

St.Louis Blues - Ducksfanwaterloo turned down ownership because he wanted to come back to the Blues and AGM, was it a mistake? Maybe for the league as a whole its unfortunate but its gonna work out great for these boys. Offense is good, d is alright and goaltending might be a little rough unless their AHL goalie from last season can step up big time. This seems to be a common theme with teams, hmmmm. Expect the Blues to be a big deal in the west and might even give some of the other top teams issues.

[​IMG]

Tampa Bay Lighting - So let me get this straight you bid on a player that hates you and than you tell him to "buckle up"? I respect the hell out of that, I mean its not gonna work and this team is gonna be a dumpster fire team chat wise but I mean Shot is on the team so that was already predicted, now you add Entry to that. I really wish I could be in there after they lose a game tbh, send me an invite please.

[​IMG]

Toronto Maple Leafs - AAli has a decent track record of building good teams but I think the issue with this Leafs team is pretty clear. I'm not gonna spell it out for you but they MAY or MAY NOT have someone who takes a bath in the Mcnugget grease from your local Mcdonalds. This one is pretty easy, I mean ARE THEY REALLY WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE?

[​IMG]

Vancouver Canucks - I thought Beefy was done after his season in Colorado but I respect him for going to a team that would need a BIG bidding session. The Canucks actually look pretty decent to be honest, top tier? Nah but a solid middle of the pack team with some room for improvement. Defense will be a big issue but maybe Chuck can carry them to 1-0 wins every night, its possible. (Its not gonna happen sorry Chuck :( )

[​IMG]

Vegas Golden Knights - Jay takes over from BJ and he hasn't failed his first few tasks as an owner. Vegas looks good, hell they might look better compared to the last 2 seasons. Question marks on this roster are the usual suspects and I wont name drop them because everyone knows already. I will say if my boy Frankie can keep the team together in team chat and they recite the entire Titanic script before every game I promise the Knights will have the most fun this summer.

[​IMG]

Washington Capitals - I feel like I'm repeating myself on a few of these. Very good Offense but Defense and to a degree the Goalie duo looks suspect AF. Almost like that was the plan though, drop a big amount on ScaryJoey and than get the 2nd best player from Ottawa. Its not a bad strategy I just don't know how they stop other teams from feasting on the weak back end.

[​IMG]

Winnipeg Jets - The Jets are finally being controlled by someone who MIGHT know what hes actually doing. I think the Jets are still ways away from being a real threat in the league but Jmm's first NHL bidding session worked out pretty well for him and his team. Look for the Jets to surprise a few but overall not have enough power to make a big splash right away.

[​IMG]

I am a Pokemon expert and all these Pokemon were picked with a lot of thought behind them.

*EDIT* If people like this sorta ranking and I have time over the summer, I have a few ideas for future media pieces.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 27
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  2. Forthy

Forthy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 15 / -32
    [​IMG]

@ me next time, 9ico

jdforthy
  3. Ducksfanwaterloo

Ducksfanwaterloo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978
    Ratings:
    +1,113 / 21 / -65
    This is the type of media lg needs, nice article

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Ducksfanwaterloo1
  4. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    Next time use yugioh cards.

Pittsburgh would be a trap hole; meanwhile Colorado would be exodia.

• Like Like x 2
    Primetimme1
  5. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    Yeah I have a few ideas if I have the time

MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  6. Bloop_33

Bloop_33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +292 / 7 / -10
    Hi Rico

No Streaming Account
  7. Chonzzy

Chonzzy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chonzzy#0
    Ratings:
    +266 / 4 / -9
    Jigglypuff is elite

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. MarcoGoes5H0LE

MarcoGoes5H0LE Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MarcoGoes5Hole#9335
    Ratings:
    +222 / 8 / -10
    Hitmonlee!

MarcoGoes5Hole
  9. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    You picked my favorite Pokemon to represent Edmonton @Rico

No Streaming Account
  10. JAAMx93x

JAAMx93x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jmorrow474 Aka AhL_Allstar-3#8394
    Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -16
    I love it I’m a huge Pokémon fan

ahl_allstar_3
  11. A_Raging_Sloth

A_Raging_Sloth Center, #15

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -3
    Couldn't even give us regular Marill? Ruthless

#IslesForTheCup

TheDeganator
  12. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    Couldnt give a shit about Pokemon, but this was still a really good piece. Speaks to the article as a whole. Good stuff, Rico.

better20yearsago
  13. JPHVeNoM

JPHVeNoM Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JPH#8117
    Ratings:
    +130 / 1 / -2
    Idk why people keep saying Ottawa will have problems with Egos. As long as Clark and Chief remember they’re my bitches it’ll be smooth sailing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    JPHVeNoM
  14. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    Bottomless trap hole?

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    Woytkiw8
  15. dudeman ryo

dudeman ryo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    There’s only 151 Pokemon as far as I’m concerned.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. debarrd

debarrd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 5 / -19
    No Mr. Mime ... Fkn Ridiculous, I question your Pokemon knowledge!

upload_2018-5-30_20-26-39.jpeg

PS. Watch this parody it is funny and has a couple seasons of quick episodes! @Rico and any Pokemon fans

debarrd11
  17. zRobb-_-

zRobb-_- The Wayne Gretzky of sexual stuff

Ratings:
    +448 / 35 / -101
    Rico got no money he done lost his job

robshere
  18. SillySook613

SillySook613 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sillysook613#0
    Ratings:
    +1,096 / 5 / -29
    Sooooo does that makes me the 2nd best behind Kyle Martin then ? ;)@Rico

No Streaming Account
  19. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    It goes

1:Me
    2:You
    3:The Rest

MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  20. SillySook613

SillySook613 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sillysook613#0
    Ratings:
    +1,096 / 5 / -29
    Until we square off in that slapboxing match in the Walmart parking lot and somehow win through sheer luck, ONLY THEN can you be 1st!

No Streaming Account