Future ESHL Suggestion

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Odieeeeee, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Odieeeeee

Odieeeeee mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Discord:
    Odie#7453
    Ratings:
    +2,088 / 38 / -69
    Let’s be honest. The current league format being used for ESHL is becoming incredibly stale and boring. For NHL 19 I think we should consider redoing the entire format of the league to create more interest. Here is what I’m suggesting:

- For the entirety of the game, run 2 tournaments a week where you sign up with a team of 6 and compete in a bracket tournament

- Each tournament would take 1 day similar to how FNP is ran. Although it’s not ideal, each tournament matchup would be a best of 1 since there’s not enough time.

- After each event, each individual is rewarded with points (similar to how pro points are used in call of duty) based on how their team placed in the event.

- One tournament could be a buy in tournament and the other could be a free to enter tournament.

- In the buy in tournament, players are rewarded with both a money payout, as well as double the individual points in comparison to the free to enter tournament

- Preferably have both tournaments ran on days in which LG isn’t played. If that’s not possible, having one tournament on Sunday and another on Thursday (just like ESHL).

- Have each tournament be seeded based on the amount of cumulative individual points your team of 6 has. If multiple teams have 0 total points, randomize their seeding.

- For each of the buy in tournaments, take a cut of the total prize pool and save it for a year end tournament. What I was thinking is the top 8 teams in cumulative individual points would make this tournament. This tournament would be free to enter.

- There could be some sort of leaderboard (similar to trophy points) where you can see how you rank up on the leaderboard in individual points.

- Another alternative for this would be 4 month long seasons. 3 months of 1 buyin 1 free tournament a week. 1 month of tournament for some cut of buyin touneys prize pool. Then reset points for the next season. Full year long season might create an unreachable gap between players which could cause disinterest in the league

TLDR: 2 tournaments a week, 1 buyin 1 free, you get individual points after each tournament, tournament at end of the year

Here’s my thought process into coming up with this idea:

1) A major issue with the scheduled league is that forfeits are inevitable. If a team isn’t in the playoff race, they don’t want to play. A bracketed tournament would eliminate the forfeit issue.

2) People want to play with different players. The league locks you into having to play with the same group for months and sometimes an entire year. The daily tournaments allow you to play with whoever you want with no roster constraints.

3) A lot of people shy away from ESHL because there’s a buy in. I think it’s crucial for the league to have some sort of free alternative. Although you don’t get as many individual points as the buy in tournament, the free to enter tournament allows people to get involved in the competitive community without having to pay.

Let me know what your thoughts are and what could be added. I truly believe that there needs to be a change in the format for ESHL because its becoming dry. You can say it's dry cause the game sucks but there needs to be a change.

FYI I have absolutely 0 interest in running anything and to be honest anyone competing in ESHL should not be in charge. This is also the longest thing I've ever wrote and I feel like sweet lou.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    • Like x 54
    • Winner x 11
    • Get Good x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    OdieNHL
  2. keso_paghuni

keso_paghuni Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +720 / 1 / -5
    I agree with this completely 100%

• Winner Winner x 1
    Keso_Paghuni
  3. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    Been saying this everyday for past 8 months but if it takes odie to make It happen I’m in..

Gg @jonlol shitter

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    i think we should have some kind of system, where you have a group of teams all on one leaderboard no invite or open.

At any time throughout the season a 6s team could put up a blind challenge that prompts an accept button to be pushed by any other 6s team manager thus creating a game between two teams to be played.

At the end of the season rank all the teams and have a playoff, 1st through 4th or something gets the monies.

Call it Professional Series.

Profit. Esports.

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. l1l Bones l3l

l1l Bones l3l BBB Owner

Ratings:
    +827 / 40 / -41
    As long as the format doesn't have me playing CHEL in June I'm down

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    BonesOnDemand
  6. Odieeeeee

Odieeeeee mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Discord:
    Odie#7453
    Ratings:
    +2,088 / 38 / -69
    Signups would open a week before the event and people would post their 6. The top 8 teams in cumulative points would be invited.

OdieNHL
  7. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    So teams would consist of 6 or however many players (would definitely need more than 6 or the final tournament would require all of a teams' players to be available) for the entire season and all the individual points are added up? This would be a tough thing to do. FNP has a 16 team bracket, and for the teams who make it to the finals, it's a long night to play only 4 games. I'd imagine if this idea were attempted we'd see significantly more than the 16 teams we see for FNP, so multiple brackets would have to be randomized each night.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    bossy_22_
  8. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    Playing devil's advocate here, for the sake of improving the proposed format (btw @Odieeeeee thank you for a well written and detailed post. This is something Carch can only dream of.)

Roster moves would be an issue, especially close to the tournament. You'd see teams wanting to take on large point total backups simply to inflate their seeding. You'd see manipulation of the individual point totals, and you'd probably want to set some form of ultimate deadline pre-tournament. Also consider only counting the 6 roster players for points on a team, as to avoid stacking teams for seeding.

I know you want to allow kind of a free-form setup from week to week, but you'll see several issues come up if you allow backups on teams to receive points/allow their points to be added to a roster's seeding position.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    APsychicTaco
  9. Odieeeeee

Odieeeeee mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Discord:
    Odie#7453
    Ratings:
    +2,088 / 38 / -69
    I was thinking 6 roster players for points on a team

• Like Like x 1
    OdieNHL
  10. Ay Dindu Nuffin

Ay Dindu Nuffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,630 / 55 / -82

That’s a great idea. I can’t believe no one has thought of it before. Mind blown

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    But like with FNP you have backups getting trophy points. You may also want to consider people on rosters who don't play a game in the tournament don't get points.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    APsychicTaco
  12. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    I think the idea as a whole eliminates the need for backups on a given night. You sign up with 6 and play with just those 6 the entire night. If you plan on doing a year end tournament though the roster that you have for the entire season would really need more than 6 players or else you'd need all 6 players available for the entire year end tournament.

• Winner Winner x 1
    bossy_22_
  13. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    Why you always complaining homie

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. drally20

drally20 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    drally20#7826
    Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -3
    This made me lol; you wouldn't have lasted 2 weeks running ESHL last season. Suicide watch would have to be in full effect. Come now child

• Like Like x 3
    drally20
  15. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    gamebattles format!

• Winner Winner x 1
    Krvstoffer
  16. drally20

drally20 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    drally20#7826
    Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -3
    @Odieeeeee made some good points. However an individual point system would just reward the players who play the most. If the game is bad again then you will lose half your player base or more.

What we need to do is literally stop FNP and make it a money tournament. Each player will agree to a $$ buy in when they signup, if they get drafted. You could literally keep the same format, make it club and drafts. Literally keep everything the same just make it that you have to buy-in if you get drafted. Winning team takes all.

Focus on the small tournaments first, run bigger / annual ones throughout the year. The idea of the same team staying together for a year is just not possible for this community. There is zero point having a points system for the whole year. This also allows players to play with whoever they want, could be a different roster every tourny.

Could even setup a personal match system, for teams that want to face each other for $$ or random drafts with a buy-in?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    drally20
  17. Rehanek

Rehanek EASHL Historian

Ratings:
    +1,705 / 229 / -262
    Odie for President

• Winner Winner x 1
    RehanekYT
  18. Hannah7Banana22

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    Uh it would be easy to run this cuz with a good plan / execution the thing basically runs itself..

Where nuge + jonlol went wrong is they thought more rules and regulations meant more credibility..

Also drally should be banned from any forum about esporrr, I think the community has had enough with shitter goalies from the PS4 bossing them around

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Hannah7Banana22

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    Lastly , I never said I would could or wanted to run it.. I’m not a goalie I have things to do

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    @APsychicTaco
    @Odieeeeee

Have been saying this for a while, it’s worked since 2010 when me and Mainevent were playing competitve gears of war.

I want to preface all this by saying I haven’t followed eSports much since I stopped playing on the MLG circuit so some of this may be “no shit” stuff that’s already implemented.

Seeding points by player would work SO MUCH MORE EFFECTIVELY.

I think what you do is you have 6 man rosters for the one days, and 8 for the longer tiered events. 8 gives you one backup (can only) goalie, and one utility. Does it possibly inflate the seeding points? Yea. But if you’re willing to risk overall chemistry in a game that demands it, for more points and a better seed, that’s on you.

I also think (like my past experience in GoW) your goal is to get the non - one day tournaments to something like 32 ish competitve teams, 8 x 32 = 256, very attainable while this game is at its peak.

1-8 considered “Invite” (Pro)
    9-16 considered “Insert title here” (semi pro)
    17+ Open (amateur)

Depending on how events line up, 17+ start off with minimal seeding points or none, basically need to fight their way into the semi and pro ranks, and EARN their seeding points, whereas a pro team may get a bye early on and wait, but a bad “event” by then could legit kill them in the seeding standings.

I mean it’s early on in the morning and my brain isn’t fully functional yet,but individual seeding points is the best way to go about us having an immature community that feels the need to be toxic and play with a new group of guys every time they lose 1-2 games. It’s unfortunate but you have to reward the player, not the team.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Primetimme1