Digging in the Crates: 3 Million Reasons Why I'm better Than Darcy

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Waxibono, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    I didn't join LG until S26 on NHL17 and was a casual G. So like I said much of my perception may not be reality as my experience is probably better cause I have got better. Bad animations and everything aside though, it helps goalies out that sometimes when our goalie jerks instead of sliding over on a wrap, the forward sometimes misses the wrap. It's NOT a good thing since it's both an animation issue for forward and G but on 17 it worked everytime for the forward. So in that sense we are spared some cheese goals.

Off topic quickly: the redirects have always bothered me with animations. I think adding something like for the forward where maybe they need to hold LT to square up to inbound shot and "X" aims stick left, "B" to the right, "A" low and "Y" high would make them so much better. Like if defender shoots puck low on ice and user doesn't hit "A" for low then they don't redirect. I think it would add a nice little layer to that and also prevent when a redirect happens for a forward when they didn't want to redirect.

No Streaming Account
  2. Waxibono

Waxibono Most Hated

Ratings:
    +603 / 56 / -64
    waxibono
  3. Sweet Deke Bro

Sweet Deke Bro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    @Waxibono i am both honored and humbled by your remarks, thanks for taking notice in me <3. I just wanted to pass some wise words of advice my Father once told me before going to school. That is “C’s get degrees baby!” LETS FUCKING GO!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. TheGreech

TheGreech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 15 / -15
    Great shit @Waxibono ! Really compelling stuff man. I noticed something though, interested in everyone's take. You seemed to infer in #8 that having one of the lowest SPGs should put you in a position to have a good SA%. Am I reading that wrong?

Here's why I'm asking. I think I might have the lowest SPG in all of the AHL right now and my SA% has never been worse. It's embarrassing to be honest.

Back in S27 in the CHL I had one of the highest SPGs and I thought that was some kind of a badge of honor. A year later, I have a different view on goalies that face a lot of shots per game... I think it actually helps their stats. It seems to me that everyone faces a similar amount of high % shots and everyone deals with the same fucking EA bullshit. But not everyone deals with 5+ turds a game. The high % shots tend to go in and so do the "EA Specials." But most turds dont hit the back of the net (ignoring two that i let in from the blue line other night lol).

So what I've noticed is I'm only facing like 10 shots per game and basically 1-2 are great opportunities or breakaways and they go in. I'm cool with that. And then you get EA'd and boom you're at 70 fucking %. Without another 5 turds to get you up to 80%, you are stuck at 70%... So I'd make an argument that in some cases the SPG can be deceiving.

• Winner Winner x 1
    greech11
  5. Waxibono

Waxibono Most Hated

Ratings:
    +603 / 56 / -64
    The argument is definitely sound to make. It is something I knew would be scrutinized when I created it.

We all know sometimes you face 20 shots, 15 are stay woke shots and the other 5 are actual chances. Sometimes you play a game where you only face 9 shots, and they are all grade A chances. But let's use the last game we faced off, a 4-3 OT win for me.

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums.../league&action=league&page=game&gameid=489853

You faced 10 shots, and outside of the 4 actual goals, i only remember 2 other quality looks. On the other hand I faced 27 shots. How many quality chances did I face? Probably 10-12 at a conservative minimum. Now did you face a lot of shots? No, and that sucks your sv% was tanked essentially by a couple breakaways. But the numbers say what we all know, I stole that game. We as a team were out gunned and hemmed in our zone and completely out classed. If you had won thhat game instead of me, would you have played the better game?

I know the position well, and I have been on both ends of the SPG spectrum. Going through the 40 some odd goalies for the purpose of this article, the overal numbers trend in the direction of SPG directly affecting a goalie's counting stats. Yes there are outliers on both sides, but without a heat map or a way t calculate xG% this is the best method via the numbers. Check out the Flex and Back Up tier and you'll see the same pattern. Thanks for the post dude!!

• Like Like x 1
    waxibono
  6. Grandma in Urn

Grandma in Urn HUT Champion

Ratings:
    +449 / 38 / -111
    i bet even @l Dangs l could score on @zBLINDZy with his eyes closed... dangs is the worst forward and blindzy is a god awful shitter at goalie

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Malchesky
  7. TheGreech

TheGreech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 15 / -15
    Yeah you stole that game, well done buddy!

• Like Like x 1
    greech11