S30 Trade Deadline Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Jul 22, 2018.

1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Quick Note: This is just a small review of some deadline weekend things. There were like a million trades, maybe set a deadline weekend record? Not sure, but I only talk about a couple teams that made some roster changes and a couple trades that happened. So, check out the news tab to see the rest of them. Also, thanks to the trape maestro himself @ShortyxLOSE and @Winston Payne @Josh l96l @LG McDonald as well for helping out the LGNHL.

Teams That Improved the Most

:team78: Pittsburgh Penguins - @brandovedo

The Penguins are clearly a team that has upgraded as much as it could with the good deals to be had at the deadline. They kept the forwards that have been producing, notably @SamDelisle9 @Gerbe x 42 @stev and @xxIArmy0f0neIxx . @Chislett 19 and @Flow Sauce Chew both get shipped away to facilitate the Penguins improvements in their roster. As the @stev line has essentially been their 2nd line, the Pens did as much as they could to upgrade their 3rd, and they definitely did that acquiring @l S4K l , who put up solid numbers on Columbus so far this season, and @BLicK12 , who was a Selke candidate on LW last season and had a record of 20-3-3 playing with mostly @Iebren and @Girgss . The other big addition was the acquisition of @McLxvinn to play with (I assume) @Tb Toxic and @SamDelisle9 , and he should be able to provide more offense to that line. Their defense stayed the same, and for good reason as they've been pretty solid as of late. They were able to get @SteveB9211 back, and his resume speaks for itself. Also, he's no stranger to being a Penguin.

:team74: Carolina Hurricanes - @jyeti15s
    I feel like the Hurricanes have been trying to add some new blood for a few weeks after they lost the division lead. After moving @McFleuryyy and @Whiisky x a few weeks ago, their 2nd line was in flux for a few weeks. That ended this weekend when the Canes acquired essentially a full line of players who are no strangers to each other in @PaulyChunks @Meestah Don @Soapy412 and @daveydonuts522 . To add to that, they get a little more reliability on defense adding @JEEEEEEBS who can hopefully play a conservative style with whatever line he ends up being deployed on. So, they were able to acquire essentially a full 2nd line at the deadline and solve their biggest roster issue.

:team31: Anaheim Ducks - @CaLL Me Jakoo // :team8: Colorado Avalanche - @Givemedings16
    Going to let these two teams share the last spot. I got the feeling that the Ducks wanted to bolster their defense for a week or two and finally got a deal done to get another solid defenseman in @I_Smash_Fatties . Of course, that cost them @zPxcman as they were up against the cap, but they seem to have gotten a good stop-gap in @Koho to provide the offense they might have missed.

The Avs seem to have been trying to get another defenseman who could provide some stability on the back-end which led them to flip @Some Pylon for @Drew x 8 . After some events transpired over the weekend, they had a big hole to fill and were able to essentially trade their 1st and 3rd round picks for the upcoming draft for @Chislett 19 to fill the LW hole in their roster. Also, they traded @I KiLLTarTED I for @crofto40 ... and then traded @crofto40 for @I KiLLTarTED I again to get Kill back. Not sure what to make of that, but hope neither player had their bags unpacked.

So both teams were able to address the changes they wanted to make before having their rosters locked up for the rest of the season.

Most One-Sided Trades

:team8: :team676: 3rd round pick for :team21: @HazeeHype

The Avalanche were scrambling to fill a big hole in their roster and were able to swing a 6 million possible top line caliber player who had 53 points and 17 wins last season for a reasonably high 3rd rounder. But, then again, @HazeeHype was also on waivers earlier this year, so maybe this isn't quite as bad as it seems.

:team78: @HazeeHype for :team7: nothing
    :team301: @MiIes75 for :team305:@JiveTurkey x91x

New Jersey gets a player to call up to finish out the last few weeks of their season in @MiIes75 who split time between AHL and CHL; in exchange, the Devils give the Penguins a place to stow @HazeeHype and his 6 million salary and send the Pens AHL affiliate @JiveTurkey x91x, an NHL preseason send-down who's been a decent scorer in previous AHL/CHL seasons, to help provide their AHL team with some depth for the rest of the season and hopefully playoffs.

:team2: @Odieeeeee for :team3: 3 1st round picks

Yeah, @A Salty Sail0r didn't have much a choice, but he gave up one of the best defenseman in the game for a couple 1st round picks that really weren't worth a lot in a draft that was seemingly thin on talent.

:team77: 1st round pick, 4 2nd round picks and (I think) upcoming draft 1st round pick for :team23: @l T Nicholls l @iTz x Luigi x
    I think @POOPIE SNOOPY had his hands tied a bit here, but who knows what happened behind the scenes. Regardless, a Norris finalist and a Calder winner for a high first, a projected mid-round first for the upcoming draft and some reasonably high and medium 2nd rounders. In addition, the picks didn't seem to quite pan out for the Panthers or their AHL affiliate.

Did I miss a trade? Let me know in the comments.

TRAIDS Awards

Most Trades This Season
    :team6: Columbus Blue Jackets - @Vattyyy
    57 Trades

Most Trades On Deadline Weekend
    :team14: Washington Capitals - @o S m i i t t y @Rehanek
    26 Trades (approximately)

Least Trades This Season
    :team18: Buffalo Sabres - @At43
    3 Trades

Most Traded Player

Hard to track this one down, my guess is @Fn Waz or @Nuge

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Nata1e

Nata1e I'm walking em

Discord:
    Natale#9564
    Ratings:
    +1,004 / 162 / -202
    For all those quackers out there. This is what a penguin sounds like. It’s cooler

Watch the first 15 seconds

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    l_s4k_1
  3. l Yahtzeee l

l Yahtzeee l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 35 / -70
    People hate us cuz they ain’t us. Quack

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Nguadagna
  4. Saucing Pucks

Saucing Pucks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +604 / 16 / -21
    57 trades?? Jesus christmas man

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Rehanek

Rehanek EASHL Historian

Ratings:
    +1,705 / 229 / -262
    26 in one weekend. LETS GO

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    RehanekYT
  6. RoaringViper

RoaringViper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    roaringviper#0
    Ratings:
    +118 / 6 / -7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. DirtyJerrz

DirtyJerrz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    Here we are..

• Winner Winner x 1
    Dirty_Jerrz
  8. Manship91

Manship91 Washed up

Ratings:
    +569 / 35 / -63
    We also got an ahler to replace hazee and we were aiming to have the lowest possible cap:shock:

Manship91
  9. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    Nah

This is what a penguin sounds like irl

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LazyPedestrian