Actual Top 5 Defensemen In the AHL Right Now

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by charmingdonut, Jul 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. charmingdonut

charmingdonut Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charmingdonut#3856
    Ratings:
    +237 / 5 / -26
    With the plethora of completely accurate and non-debatable top 5 lists in these forums in the recent days, I was inspired to write my own. Enjoy.

Please note that the following rankings are not my opinion, but are actually the best defensemen in the league so please don't waste your time trying to argue otherwise.

===================================
    5. :team618: @HorrorSeen (LD)
    HorrorSeen leads the league in games played, which is one of the most important stats in this game. Every team needs an iron man; someone they can always rely on, a shoulder to cry on on a rainy night. HorrorSeen here is the complete package. This man has abs made out of steel. Good luck trying to take him out because no he will not go down to any injury. He can lose his right eye and 3 thumbs - you bet he will be available for his scheduled game anyway.

4. :team350: @wildstajan1 (RD)
    SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS, EVERYBODY!!!11
    This guy gets it. Ladies and gentlemen, wildstajan is wild at taking shots. From clapping bombs to flicking the puck on goal for a tip-in, he knows the most important lesson in hockey: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take". If you don't know, Wayne Gretzky said that. A student is only as good as his teacher, and well, his teacher was the best hockey player to ever play the game, so this guy is pretty close.

3. :team317: @Charbonneau05 (RD)
    Charbonneau is a tank. Leader in hits, you don't want to be on the ice around this guy (unless you have thicc abs like HorrorSeen). Some of the best players to ever grace the sport of hockey were big hitters (Stanley Cup winners Milan Lucic and Dustin Brown). Forwards are essentially useless versus this guy because they get plastered as soon as they cross the blue line of death. Seriously, the rest of this linemates must be really fucking bad to take an L while having a defenseman like this supporting them.

2. :team352: @SenatorsFan (RD)
    Sorry @MvtShameless, you two are tied in blocks, but this guy is a Senator's fan so he needs the morale boost more than you do. SenatorsFan here is (tied) for leading the league in blocks. If you don't know the importance of blocking shots, then I advise you to pick another sport because you will never succeed at this one. SenatorsFan knows how to put his body on the line for his team (although there is a decent chance he is actually trying to hurt himself, to cope with being a Sens fan). John Tortorella always stressed the importance of blocking shots, and he won a Stanley Cup, so he's right. Providence isn't a top team for nothing!

1. :team617: @Alexraymond007
    Congratulations Alex, you are unquestionably the best defenseman in the AHL! Why? Despite having a good record on a good team with a good points total, there's more than meets the eye with Alex. Yes, as I'm sure some intelligent analytical hockey scientists have guessed, Alex is #1 on my list because he is the leader in the faceoff percentage (he is actually tied with like 12 other defensemen, but because his name is 1st alphabetically, he has an edge in skill & talent over the others). Possession is arguably the most important aspect of hockey. The more you control the game, the more likely you are to win that game. Of course, possession all starts with the most crucial seconds of every game: the faceoff. There are very complicated algorithms and stats that defend why faceoffs are so important, but to dumb it down for the average Joe: winning the faceoff gets you the puck which allows you to do possession things. If the other team can't win a faceoff, then they can't touch the puck -- as the stats show, Alex is literally unbeatable in the draw. Congrats on the Calder, Springfield, I'm jealous already.

Honorable Mentions (Leaders of stats that are irrelevant): @dmac7719 (leader in points), @Big_Gren (best record), @Lunchboxhero_ (top LG rank/record and most importantly, savior of all lunchboxes)

That concludes my ranking of the top defensemen in the AHL right now. I hope this read was information & educational and I'm looking forward to reading on how you all agree with my list in the comments down below.

• Winner x 6
    • Funny x 5
    • Dumb x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Creative x 1
    charmingdonut
  2. ColeMerKs

ColeMerKs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +385 / 22 / -29
    As @TheRealDudester says, stats mean everything. If you play the worst teams worst lines and have the most points, you must be the most skilled player

• Informative Informative x 3
    cjsnipes3
  3. Cmdeadly

Cmdeadly Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cmdeadly#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 30 / -11
    4 list 4 snubs.

No Streaming Account
  4. ToMMy l28l

ToMMy l28l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tommyboyy28#0
    Ratings:
    +73 / 1 / -3
    This guys misinformed

• Like Like x 2
    ttommyboiii
  5. wildstajan1

wildstajan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 6 / -12
    Lmao you made me feel so much better about my horrific record this season

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Wildstajan1
  6. PlusSizePounder

PlusSizePounder Advisor to the Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    Pounder#5970
    Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -9
    Good read.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. HorrorSeen

HorrorSeen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1
    This makes me feel good about my abs. We should all aspire to have such abs. Gentleman(and a lady or 3).. Hear me.. You too can also be a superb specimen of digital thumb flesh, in a world where stepping on Legos would mean certain death for most clowns around here, we too can take this abness to another realm.. I'd say thank you, But I'm staring at my effin abs right now...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Jbturf69

Jbturf69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 13 / -12
    Coldshot1982. Where is the love for the Defensive D man.

This stat line is freakish. 9-6-3 with a +8 (on a sub .500 team) 110 HITS! with only 10 PIM. 61 take aways.

There is not 1 winger in this league that can fool him or get him out of position.

• Like Like x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    jbturf69
  9. Sonnnder

Sonnnder Staff Guy

Discord:
    itsdallas#0
    Ratings:
    +573 / 15 / -37
    Lmao I love you Donut

No Streaming Account
  10. SandmanHTMF

SandmanHTMF Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sandmanhtmf#0
    Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -17
    No offense to any of the many D partners I’ve had this season but jbask is one of the better D men in the AHL. He doesn’t have the numbers this season but he’s vastly underrated.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. TouchMyDuff69

TouchMyDuff69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wheres dMac?

DedaLGaming
  12. shagged66

shagged66 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 2 / -8
    Lol. Good to know. I like flying under the radar. Makes it easy for any team to aquire me and not be stuck with a ridiculous contract next season. Anything over 4 to 5 mil next season, hope your an AGM or on an amazing team with 500k players. Good luck

No Streaming Account
  13. Sumaaa--

Sumaaa-- Washed is the new meta.

Ratings:
    +441 / 22 / -58
    me

• Like Like x 1
    sumaaaaaaaa