* New * NHL 19 Beta Feedback

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 26, 2018.

1. ahunter

ahunter David Clarkson

Discord:
    ahunter10#4286
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Poke checking / Tripping is so good now! It's as dangerous (and rewarding) as stick lift was last year.

People not being able to brainlessly poke will open up so much more room to play hockey and not puck pinball.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. FiBERSTiCK

FiBERSTiCK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -6
    Fix poke check / penalty. Don t press RB is better for your team

Slalom skating miss me but... Its ok !

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. FiBERSTiCK

FiBERSTiCK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -6
    LB tripping i like it

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. dimmuslayer919

dimmuslayer919 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I played two games pvp and wow 58 penalties in two games between me and the other two teams! damn that’s ridiculous. In two games total, we played a whopping 3 1/2 minutes 5 on 5. That needs to change.

No Streaming Account
  5. dimmuslayer919

dimmuslayer919 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea slalom skating slows the game if they bring the poke range down to just actually hitting the puck it’s still true to hockey and same for poking and making contact with a persons skates or legs. I don’t watch the NBA because there is no Dee and games of hockey that are going to be 12 - 11 get boring quick. Just my opinion. Still like the game. But EA will only cater to those who play online everyday I get it. You want it to be easy and in real life they take a beating to score goals that’s how it should be. Again just saying.

No Streaming Account
  6. Dad of Five 81

Dad of Five 81 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dad of Five 81#1761
    Ratings:
    +269 / 8 / -20
    @LG McDonald Played a few games last night, got to say they had one chance to knock this game out of the park and from what I have seen this has the potential. going to just focus on game play i really hope they do not adjust skating it actually feels like you are a NHL player and not John Scott pretending to skate (like previous years.) As for people complaining about pokecheck i took 0 tripping pens and didnt let people get past me, not being able to pokecheck brainlessly makes people ACTUALLY have to play real life defense.

The goal of the defenseman isn't to remove the puck from the opposing fwd its to ride him towards the boards and slow him down giving your fwds a chance to come back and help you play defense. Bodying people in this game works perfectly i dont think as for gameplay much should be adjusted.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    dadoffive81
  7. BonnnJouRRR

BonnnJouRRR Young Old Head

Discord:
    LeKotkaniemi#4895
    Ratings:
    +736 / 16 / -45
    Jumbo playmaker and hitting sniper were removed but the height of both classes doesn't go up to the heights that hsnp and jply had.

mike71111
  8. Evilgenius_i35i

Evilgenius_i35i Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -3
    I do like that if people back out when readying up someone else joins

Evilgenius_i35i
  9. Sonic_Hedgehog39

Sonic_Hedgehog39 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    R.A.T#6541
    Ratings:
    +134 / 23 / -36
    Where do fine that at in the game

rat48180
  10. ScheckDiesel

ScheckDiesel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 11 / -8
    Or people need to be more patient with their pokes?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. KoryDub

KoryDub Free Agent

Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -16
    Disagree.

The standardization makes it easier to remember who to cover on the opposing team.

Remembering only 5 colors rather than 5 colors and seemingly odd shades of those colors for the other team was confusing.

I feel the default size for player indicators needs to be 'small'. The large player indicators make this seem like an issue when it's really not.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    korydub
  12. ViveLeQuebec_81

ViveLeQuebec_81 Never forget where you come from

Discord:
    vivelequebec_81#0
    Ratings:
    +112 / 1 / -10
    an adjustement to do

ViveLeQuebec_81
  13. Alienhedd

Alienhedd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -1
    The skating is VASTLY IMPROVED. Like, whoa.

No Streaming Account
  14. Evilgenius_i35i

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -3
    There needs to be a difference in colors to show who’s on your team with everyone wearing something different

Evilgenius_i35i
  15. reunitedfox420

reunitedfox420 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i love the skating. i do feel a couple things need to happen. go back to "pro" jerseys in drop in.... sure its fun in ones and everyone wants to show off their guy but its hard as hell to figure out whose who. another thing with player stuff. i play with the indicators on for both teams as a goalie i feel it helps me remember tendcies. why the fuck did they make it 2 of each colour??????? for those of you that dont know what im talking about each game now when thats on contains two reds, two blues, two greens and so and so forth. and the only other thing i have a mild problem with is the bane of this game unless your playing ones the trip/the penalties. its only the beta so i dont want to complain too much and i do like the idea that poking requires skill instead of spamming. litterally every game i played yesterday was an hour long and the lowest amount of penalties i seen were like 16 by one team and 15 on the other team. other than that stuff i feel like the game is finally finally moving in the right direction...... heres to not getting our hopes up right? lol

No Streaming Account
  16. D1SCOFEVER

D1SCOFEVER Chris Disco

Discord:
    d1scofever#0
    Ratings:
    +33 / 2 / -13
    Skating and hitting has major improvements. I love the cut strides and turning is very realistic now. Hitting has improved as well. So far I like the new attribute system and player progression.

Now a couple things I've noticed in presentation...

Group celebrations: It seems like there wasn't much improvement on this or it just seems off a bit. You still get the same 2 player celebration then it cuts into a small group ccelebration clip. Very weird. Why not just have everyone skate into each other and then everyone can join in on the celebration? This would be a huge improvement. Same concept to how FIFA does it. Although, I do like the addition of more player celebrations.

In-game or Intermission Menu: The new menu system is a big improvement and I love it. BUT......I think EA needs to change couple things in the IN GAME or INTERMISSION Menu. Game stats look fine as they are but where is the score?? This should be big and bold right in your face above the game stats. Also, not having the team logos doesn't make it look good either. That RESUME window next to the game stats should be replaced with a highlight reel video. Please change this around a little. Doesn't need any major work or anything but where it says RESUME should be the action tracker scrolling automatically through each goal hit save etc. This would be a great touch to the game.

Tripping calls: No need to explain this one. I think everyone has noticed the PK to PP ratio. ITS OUT OF CONTROL. Waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too many tripping calls. I know it's Beta but please don't make all of us deal with this all year round. I'll literally delete the game and never play it again.

Besides all that, I think EA really improved from last year. Only time will tell if they read this post and make some improvements all the way. So far it's looking promising and getting to the next level of realism to the game.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    D1SCOFEVER
  17. Zeus_Zwick

Zeus_Zwick Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zeus_zwick#0
    Ratings:
    +164 / 6 / -8
    I hope that all teams will have at least 3 jerseys for LG and being able to use them. Even if it is an old version remastered as an 'alternate'

• Like Like x 1
    zeus_zwick
  18. Evilgenius_i35i

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -3
    Who’s running the server Ronnie2k?

Evilgenius_i35i
  19. Wreck It Random

Wreck It Random Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wreck It Random#1836
    Ratings:
    +580 / 37 / -56
    The penalties are a little absurd but that's more the player's fault than the games. Too many players rely on poking to bail them out when they get beat. I do agree that the pokes from behind could be slighlty tweaked but only to the point where you get 2 chances to poke then you take a penalty. Hitting and positional play are far more rewarding in this game. I give the beta a 8/10 and it's a great improvement from 18

WreckItRandom
  20. michchas

michchas Well-Known Member

Discord:
    michchas#4110
    Ratings:
    +150 / 31 / -24
    well so far i have figured out i think the error codes are a little to long and when the game freezes before the opening puck drop it gets kinda boring. as far as gameplay when i actually get into a game i can tell u more.

1v1v1 is fun to play as an enforcer

Michchas