* New * NHL 19 Beta Feedback

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 26, 2018.

1. samipote

samipote Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 3 / -6
    still no forbite engine , so the game suck like always , so far from fifa.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. Greb

Greb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +770 / 62 / -55
    Skating is good and playing goalie is fun again. I like all the customization too.

• Like Like x 2
    NHLGrebby14
  3. McDangs

McDangs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    Tripping penalties are insane. Acceleration with clickingin the left stick seems like it’s not even a thing anymore which sucks because when you want to excel when you need it you just click in and don’t excel. Side to side stick handling seems kinda of limited when you should have more reach to go forehand backhand. Seems like nhl18 where if you pick the biggest guy you have the best chance of winning which is just flat out not correct at all. Hitting seems a little over powered you should be able to bounce off some hits not every hit you get laid out. CPU goalie in ones mode is terrible minus well have a shooter tutor in net. Class traits are cool. Customization is cool lots of options. Skating is smooth but with out the excel click kind of ruins it but I do like the stops and starts. CPU’sare better and worse at the same damn time.

No Streaming Account
  4. JFLuyken

JFLuyken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -5
    GOALIE- finally you give the G reaction time. Your player moves when you move the sticks.

POKES- stop poking every 3 seconds and play the situation instead of relying on poke checks to bail you out as a skater.

DROPIN JERSEYS- there should be more of an effort to make distinctions. Every other game there is a guy with light jeans and this pastel jacket that makes him look identical to the away team. It’s like a dropin guillie suit.

Games have looped. Games have locked up and failed. That’s expected. I have had a very consistent ping in every game so far despite these events.

No Streaming Account
  5. Evilgenius_i35i

Evilgenius_i35i Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -3
    I’m done trying on the PlayStation... downloading on the Xbox if it’s supposed to be better, the wait for 6’s even in drop in is long enough without the game freezing.

Evilgenius_i35i
  6. xKillzone99

xKillzone99 2 Time National Champ

Discord:
    xKIllzone99#8750
    Ratings:
    +100 / 6 / -16
    It's a huge step in the right direction for EA, finally being able to skate again for the 1st time in years is big plus, game speed isn't unbearable anymore, can't spam poke, hold stick out or spam LB which is great even though the penalties need a nerf, hitting is slightly OP but i can live with that... there's lots of bugs, glitched animations and some slider tweaking that needs to be done, if EA can make the right tweaks and fix the major bugs before launch we may have ourselves a decent hockey game here guys.

• Winner Winner x 1
    xkillzone99
  7. Achilles Strife

Achilles Strife Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -3
    The skating is great, bumps are a little broken right now. You could have a guy beat and he will nudge you on the back and you will lose complete control of the puck, that can't happen. Being able to actually use vision control on defense without being swamped is my favourite improvement though.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Am I the only one who has noticed goalies not react to shots like it was an issue at the start of '18? It's not all the time, but it is there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Jude le Polski

Jude le Polski Dead Goon

Discord:
    Jude le Polski#5938
    Ratings:
    +220 / 6 / -9
    Skating feels incredible.

Kinda bummed that I can put in 40 hours and come out with no Capitals gear for my guy but that’s whatever.

Obviously everyone should’ve noticed the lighting issues on the ice in club/drops. Skin tones too dark and pants way too shiny.

Drops in an arena makes no sense since it uses the “casual” player models. Should absolutely be outside to give it the pick up game feel. Would be awesome.

Love that pokes can’t be abused. Real defense is about body and stick positioning. Learn how to play hockey, people.

No Streaming Account
  10. ChelxLawyer29

ChelxLawyer29 I'm going to have to put you on hold

Ratings:
    +203 / 9 / -20
    Menus are cool and whatever but it takes too many steps to get from point A to point B. Gameplay imo is much improved over 18 for forwards, I’ve gotten no puck pickup animations or anything that would throw me through a loop before. Defense needs a little bit of a buff for the poke checks. I’m all for poke checks getting nerfed this year but this is out of hand. Games are 50 minutes with all of the penalties and it needs to be a little more forgiving of 1 poke trips. For forwards big builds keeping the puck could maybe use a tone down, while small builds should not get a virtual speed boost off of tapping L2 a few times. Without poke checks anyone with any right stick skill can blow by a dman and punish. Other than that skating feels fluent enough, kinda reminiscent of nhl 13 and old gen movement though I don’t understand why the weaving ability from the glide was removed,as it makes avoiding blue line hits incredibly difficult and you almost have to play entirely different from years past in that regard, other than myself seeing it as unnecessary to remove as it wasn’t “broken” before. Game in its beta stage is still 2x the game nhl 18 is though, I’ll give them that.

No Streaming Account
  11. JeFfBdR31

JeFfBdR31 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jeffbdr31#0
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    the game is a step up from last year 100% so far, poke checking may need to be touched up a little but i wouldn't be sad if it wasn't, honestly so many ppl abused the fact that u can spam poke check and get away with it in 18, now that its actually fixed, they're the ones taking all the PIMs in the beta, once ppl learn to play without the RB button, the PIMs will settle, all in all, this game has the potential to be solid if updates don't ruin it like the previous releases

JeFfBdR31
  12. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Just played another game at G. Not sure where everyone says it feels so good. I'm a "decent" goalie & I'm just getting shit on. Moving side to side feels like crap. The easiest of shots to save go right by & no reaction from the goalie as if he's screened even though I have a clear view of the shot. On top of that, every game I've been in has had over 8 goals total from both sides, so my input on goalie is it needs to be fixed & goalies need a buff.

Losing connection to servers if you go to the dashboard to look at players profiles.

Pulling goalie on a delayed penalty or in the final minutes of the 3rd still should be replaced by a human.

End of game player summary is way too short. It should stay up there till the player exits the game. If it stays like that in the retail version, grabbing pics for stats is going to be near impossible.

No Streaming Account
  13. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    This is easily the best next gen game. Bumps need to be turned down for sure though, because as it stands right now puck control means nothing and strength/balance only help you from getting knocked on your back.

Maybe a tiny increase to poke accuracy is needed, they still aim at the feet sometimes. Other than that, though, I like where they are. People complaining about all the trips just goes to show how bad they were with 18, because you could get away with anything. Stop spamming your fucking RB and use your brain, you’ll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. lMike2Dopel

lMike2Dopel LG PSN - S15 Victoriaville Tigres (#35/RW)

Discord:
    mike_yacoub (Kazakhstan Owner)#4200
    Ratings:
    +147 / 21 / -34
    KEEEP THE GAMEPLAY EXACTLY HOW IT IS. All ea has to do is tone down the poke check/tripping penalties so the game doesnt feel like 2 hours long. Love all the customization choices and the stamina bar is a great new feature as your guy doesnt automatically get gassed out by the end of the period if you pace yourself. This by far is the smoothest skating system ea has put out in recent memory fantastic work by Ea. Few minor issues. They need to get rid of the 30 second time limit at the end of games so we can screenshot our stats to input into the api and they need to put in club challenge obviously so we can play our games and the api records it. Hopefully when the game is released!

mikeyacoub
  15. x Bad At Life x

x Bad At Life x Nub

Ratings:
    +281 / 1 / -0
    Sup nerds. Yes, I’m still alive and now married with a kid on the way. I haven’t played an NHL game online since NHL 16 largely due to time commitments from work, coaching, and officiating, but I did have a few thoughts about the Beta:

First, skating is as smooth as butter which is amazing to see. I used to hate having to play for like two months before my player could actually skate, so this change is very welcomed. Second, I really like passing thus far; it’s more fluid and feels more accurate which is nice for someone who has typically sucked at passing. Finally, 3v3 and Ones are a ton of fun, and I haven’t had this much fun playing a game mode since EASHL in 09 and 10.

Negatives wise, poke checking is really inconsistent and needs to be tweaked; I still have had instances where my player just flat out misses the puck. Stick lifting has been the better option for stick checking throughout my games. Hitting is good for the most part, but there’s still some instances where a player holds the puck out on their forehand or backhand and “eats” my check. A 6’6 power forward should never “bounce off” of a puck carrier just because they’re holding the puck to one side. Finally, I’ve had about three instances where my player still struggled to gather a loose puck at their feet. This one is kind of rare, but I was surprised to see that standing directly on top of a loose puck didn’t guarantee that your play would get it.

I likely won’t get this game once it comes out due to lack of time, but this is the most fun I’ve ever had playing a Beta/demo and I haven’t hadn’t this much fun playing NHL in almost ten years. I still suck, and my button skill is probably worse than ever nowadays, so take all of this for what it’s worth.

No Streaming Account
  16. x Bad At Life x

x Bad At Life x Nub

Ratings:
    +281 / 1 / -0
    I bet you’re still bad ;)

No Streaming Account
  17. Greb

Greb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +770 / 62 / -55
    I bet I still miss you.

• Like Like x 1
    NHLGrebby14
  18. Anndroo

Anndroo 2 season NHL veteran

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -1
    goalie remains unchanged it seems

Anndroo
  19. Anndroo

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -1
    Also, they never have the correct Teal color for san jose in the team colors. when you add teal to equipment, it has never matched the jersey in any game for as long as we were able to choose colors

Anndroo
  20. Anndroo

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -1
    the wearing whatever in drop ins is not going to make me want to play drop ins. This is EA making people play other game modes. Some people don't have a club

Anndroo