HeadLine Exposed! episode 9

This week I give my take on the S30 awards as I see them. Lets fuckin' go!

1. Zlatan Matic

Zlatan Matic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +382 / 194 / -88

@HeroOfTime17 is 2-0 vs @Brisan66 this season btw ;)

No Streaming Account
  2. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    You don’t have enough hair to be Jesus sorry.

• Informative Informative x 1
    DunksDynasty
  3. Zlatan Matic

Ratings:
    +382 / 194 / -88
    @KrawcH v2 for MVP
    @HeroOfTime17 for Eddie Shore.

As for cheeta. Love him but we probably have one of the best depth d cores ever. That should factor in to the best goalie

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. HeroOfTime17

HeroOfTime17 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -5
    That isn’t an accurate statement.

To clarify. I’ve played 5 or 6 games without our top line while Brisan has played I believe every game with Reiders and company. I do have one more loss, but I have more takeaways and my GV/TK ratio absolutely destroys his -60ish. He has more points and a better +/-, I’ll give him that though. Also, doing some numbers we’re able to see the overall record of the forwards we each faced this season up to this point.

Brisan’s record of forwards faced: 721-559-127 = 51.2% win pct

HeroOfTime17’s: 666-469-112 = 53.4% win pct.

Using playoff teams as a template is too vague to accurately gauge the difficulty of opponents one faces. Doing it this way compensates for good lines on bad teams, and vice versa. This clearly shows who’s faced tougher competition overall. I’m not going to do all these other players for a reference to the scale of a difference that is, you can do that yourself.

Either way, it’ll be interesting to see who wins the D of the year. Still a week left anyways, anything can happen.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. CSilveri

CSilveri 6 classes+40hr work weeks..avails bouncy be warned

Discord:
    CSilveri#1576
    Ratings:
    +703 / 41 / -61
    You deserve it buddy. Impressive season even if your with The same guys every game. Kudos.

• Like Like x 1
    CSilveri
  6. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76

You can't use gives and takes as an accurate statement in a broken game.

I also did say majority of your games with your top line, never said all of them.

No Streaming Account
  7. HeroOfTime17

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -5
    You absolutely can when the difference between us is over 70. That is a significant gap, regardless if the stat “broken” or not. If I was -30 and he was -50, whatever. However, he’s over -60, and I’m positive. That clearly shows a skill gap with handling the puck, and effectively breaking the puck out.

And again, I may have played most with our top line, but Brisan has played more with his top line than I have. So, that argument isn’t valid to use against me.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. A Salty SaiIor

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Ok well sorry I hurt your feelings, but if you think youre more deserving because of "tougher comp by 2% and a "significant gap" in gives and takes youre delusional.

No Streaming Account
  9. Zlatan Matic

Ratings:
    +382 / 194 / -88
    Well he’s also 2-0 vs your man

No Streaming Account
  10. HeroOfTime17

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -5
    Like I said, there’s a week left. Anything can happen. I may not even be nominated. What I am saying is that your arguments used to further Brisan over me specifically are invalid. Just because you have the most points on D, doesn’t guarantee you an award. Or else Karlsson would win it every year. Just look at last year’s winner with Peteymac, he didn’t have the most points. Same can be said for takeaways, just cause my GV/TK is better, doesn’t mean I’m guaranteed anything either. But I digress.

No Streaming Account
  11. A Salty SaiIor

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    If you actually read my initial comment Karlsson did win the award in 2015 for having the most points with 82, the next closest guy was 75 and Karlsson was a minus 2. So my point being was that he won the award for having the most points. Everyone knows that Karlsson is not the best overall defensemen in the league. Anyway nhl stuff is irrelevant im stating a fact in a virtual simulation of real life NHL/AHL.

My point is that regardless his statistics and record overall is hard to argue that hes not the best candidate. Wins are still wins and the games still have to be played.

Also to clarify myself I never said you didnt deserve to be nominated or deserve the award. I simply disagreed with notorious opinion that Brisan was disqualified because he plays "wing in the o-zone" I'd say find me a dman that plays defense 100% of the game doesnt contribute to offense or pinch one time. But im afraid I might upset the whole Stockton front so I leave it be.

No Streaming Account
  12. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217

Sunday night is going to be wild. Just think of EK

Lokix6x
  13. Darse

Darse Knob Jockey

Discord:
    darcykuemper#0
    Ratings:
    +3,362 / 98 / -121
    :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
    DKuemps
  14. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 76 / -124
    Well it looks like myself and Exposed! started some interesting dialog between and about many different players. This is great! This is exactly why I wanted to give my take in regards to awards in this quick fire manner. When we do this sort of thing with a panel the message gets kind of lost with so many voices. I respect all of the opinions and angles presented to me here and via PM's. Please keep them coming.

• Like Like x 1
    notoriousfat00
  15. Smitterr

Smitterr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smitterr#0
    Ratings:
    +539 / 37 / -48
    :popcorn:

Still have one week to go, I feel opinions are just opinions. Krawch and/or other C probably deserve this award over myself anyways but I hope advanced stats, individual games, etc etc are all looked at when decisions are made.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    Smitter24
  16. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    1st: @NotoriousFAT 00 - good show. love the chatter it's creating going in to the last week. I hope you continue the same type of show, or at least segment where you highlight guys to lookout for, going in to your playoff preview show. That will draw people in more into the playoff matchups and predictions, imo.

2nd: @euroxhalfer - I do agree with this statement. That being said, being a G for great teams like Providence, Stockton, San Diego...possibly a few others, if you stay awake...then good numbers shouldn't be a problem, but you do have to stay on your game. Shots are fewer (not necessarily less skilled) but that's when you have to come through to keep your numbers up. ...usually these are often balanced out, or rewarded, by getting more games.

As G's we don't get to choose the shots against us....but we do decide if we're going to stop them or not. @TheCheetahlo 33 : well earned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Bottomless_Pit
  17. l Jawko l

l Jawko l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    l Jawko l#3525
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -6
    Nice show, just as usual.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    If they are given out by the real life criteria I would have to give my vote to @Brisan66, having a stellar year points wise, his record and +/- are also in the tops of the league (out of D men), From all that I can find, it only says given to the "top defense player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position". nothing really about individual games and who beat who

Either way good luck to everyone nominated this season! Good show Noto! See some of you guys in playoffs!

• Like Like x 2
  19. LAZYKIDZinGA

LAZYKIDZinGA S32 Canucks Owner

Discord:
    lazy#2805
    Ratings:
    +186 / 21 / -51
    • Like Like x 1
    Lazyyyygaming
  20. CSilveri

CSilveri 6 classes+40hr work weeks..avails bouncy be warned

Discord:
    CSilveri#1576
    Ratings:
    +703 / 41 / -61
    I already have my votes i think and i will say Notorious, you deffinately made some solid choices.

When it comes between Hero and Brisan, this is by far the hardest award out of them to give in ny opinion. Both are stellar players, Brisan has better numbers offensively, Hero has better stats defensively minus the plus minus aspect, but I honestly think that this award will kind of need to go by opponents faced because ome of the guys consistantly had the same line every game for the whole season. Brisan deserves it as well as Hero and until i see the full depth i feel its hard to determine..Great season to the both of you guys.

For goalies,my vote easily goes Cheetahlo seeing as he was on ontario, for the beggining and lehigh 2 of the worse teams..to put up 24 wins while losing roughly 4 games since being moved impressed me. Hes also had quite a bit of shutouts regardless of teams he faced he is getting 6 games a week.

Cant wait for the award show to see how it panned out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    CSilveri