Proven Unsuccessful Owners

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Ballistik ICE, Aug 7, 2018.

1. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    The idea of providing Owners with some sort of compensation for their time is something I've seen get thrown out in the past, and it's honestly the only thing I could see being done which could possibly increase owner applications... Not talking anything significant, maybe just splitting up some ban buyout money or even something simpler such as free plat accounts. Being owner/management is a thankless position that comes with nothing, but headaches caused by people in this community.

Regardless of how "good" we deem the group of managers to be... Like real life, there will always be teams who perform well, and teams who suck. A highly skilled management group doesn't always translate to creating a good team, just like a lesser skilled management group doesn't necessarily create a shitty team.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    bossy_22_
  2. At43

At43 I pass a lot?

Discord:
    AT43#2601
    Ratings:
    +311 / 5 / -12
    Hi

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Gulash l4l

Gulash l4l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gulash#0239
    Ratings:
    +560 / 80 / -95
    Like bossy said.. there has to be bad teams and good teams.. being a 10+ mill management duo doesn't guarantee playoffs

• Get Good Get Good x 4
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Meta Truck

Meta Truck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ice cream truck#9528
    Ratings:
    +141 / 6 / -6
    Paying 7.5m over 2 seasons for a dman, trading him for two weeks only to trade back for him is not a guarantee for playoffs either.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    markc827
  5. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    I dunno what's worse, him doing that or you accepting the 2 season deal at that price lol

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  6. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    1. 100% the only reasons there is less ownership and management as a whole are
    A. The games are fucking dog shit and keep getting worse with each patch because EA can't listen to people who are actually half decent.
    B. The players hold wayyyyy too much fucking power in this league.

2. 100%

3A. Yes, and these players need to be removed from the league if the league wants any sort of management moving up. Make an example of a few douchebags, top AHL dudes will move up.

4. Pump the brakes. Top AHL management don't want to move up just to get the ego of "NHL" players, and there's no point in moving up to build an AHL team and get shit stomped. You guys can keep @Vattyyy and @POOPIE SNOOPY for that shit. There's no point in coming up, building a solid team that relies on people showing up to pull their weight, having those few cornerstone guys bitch the fuck out because you're a 'nobody' or whatever the cool kids say now, and then getting your shit pushed in for 8 weeks.

AHL sent you it's best manager for multiple YEARS in a row last season, who was coming off winning a Calder, and from my understanding you guys gave him shit all season even after his team shoved it's dick into the whole league and pounded away. Albeit he won the Stanley because NHL management didn't look into the top AHL players he had on his team forever and let him get them for dirt cheap, and playing 3000 hours of NHL got him known among some NHLers who joined his team willingly.

Also, AHL is not nearly built the same. The gap between a first line AHLer and a first line NHLer is still huge on 18 and it'll be even bigger on 19. Add on to that most of the AHLers who have an ego still are dog shit players who shouldn't even be above the C anymore and you'd be insane to call it the same. Replacing a first line AHLer who ego'd you is nothing. Replacing that 9m first line NHLer you pick up who won't play for you because you aren't on their ESHL team, or you aren't their personal friend, is just a headache and you end up having to fuck your AHL team or the future of your organization (which brings you right back to problem #2 in finding ownership) just to hopefully rebound.

Rant over

Sincerely,

AHL lifer who refuses to move up just to get EGO'd.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    • Winner x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Get Good x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    iMackie21
  7. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Although your numbers and ordering is weird. A B 2 3A 4??

A like you said agree

B. We’ve tried reducing this with removing trade requests (albeit people still request trades) you have the option to give guys 1/2/3, you’re allowed to message people before bidding, the trade request isn’t in effect all the way up until the deadline, you can strike or ban people if they miss games, you can remove people if they throw games or act like a jackass

2.) 100%

3.) we have been removing guys from the league, mostly the bad teams don’t take guys shit and get them banned and we now have new ban lengths, prices and even mandatory servings

4.) Top AHL guys have moved up and haven’t gotten EGOd when they are active in the chatbox and club a lot. They get to know the league that way by interacting with guys and by playing with guys on a nightly basis, the same way people do in the AHL. On top of that, there are reputations and people know them or almost 75% of the veteran owners are always willing and do always help new owners. You can ask @l S4K l @NINETY ElGHT @Im4thLineWorthy @Gulash l4l @Nxgi are some of the few from nhl 17 and 18 who moved up and built playoff teams pretty easily.

The other crop of guys who failed didn’t do their research or made bad bids or panicked and made trades quickly. It happens, owners fail, owners succeed. The part that most people are complaining about is guys staying in the AHL or not applying for NHL when we need applicants or going down to the AHL bc they act like it’s a better or different environment when it’s the same. As owner, you have the power to pick your guys, yes the talent is different but only to an extent. The skill gap among LGers isn’t massive, yeah for ESHL teams sure but not 1st line LG and 1st line AHL or 3rd line NHL and 2nd line AHL. It’s pretty easy to build a team with your core or bring your team up and find another line.

Look at the teams now. There’s about 9 owners who have built playoff teams in the last 3 seasons who are coming off Draft Pick contracts. All you have to do is have a good season or 2 in the nhl, be a good person, bring your buddies you play chl AHL or on a nhl line with and then club with guys and find out who is and isn’t a jackass on the league. Sure, you’ll still run into the occasional guy who you think isn’t, but ends up being one, and that happens to us veteran owners as well. I know it also happens in the AHL, I’ve had an AHL team for 11 seasons, I know why goes on down there just as much as here. There’s good and bad people everywhere.

Like I said I think the biggest issue is some of the better players not making the jump or they make the jump but instead of taking mgmt, they go as a player and go to one of the shitty selections we got stuck with who people don’t want to play for and those guys think well these guys will play for me and they sort of get their line but not the full line or can’t fill them with other good talent and they get pounded and then hate the nhl. Chemistry is just so important these days and the best or pretty much only way to scout now is by being active in the chatbox and gathering to club.

Now, I have no problem with guys staying AHL, but when we’re hurting up here or continuing to have poor performances, it’s be nice to see a switch.

*Side note, no one talked shit to 4th or gave him shit, same with 98 besides the normal chatbox trolls who can be found in the ahl chatbox and the AHL chatbox 24/7 and hot people with the “shitter” or “wrong chatbox” all day lol avoid those idiots

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  8. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    The system is wack.

We have the database and common sense to build a better one.

Same internal problems since 2009.

Someone please halp!

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Meta Truck

Meta Truck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ice cream truck#9528
    Ratings:
    +141 / 6 / -6
    I just wanted the TR but then I never even used it. Feels bad

markc827
  10. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    Please save us TurdMaster37

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Jay_Rulez
  11. Nata1e

Nata1e I'm walking em

Discord:
    Natale#9564
    Ratings:
    +1,004 / 162 / -202
    @l Mackie l, Lou is right here. As an ahl Calder guy that moved up... the nhl wasn’t as much as a shitfest as you’d expect. Yeah you have to avoid those egos and sometimes take a “skill hit” in order to not have headaches in your team chat, it’s not a big deal. For example 4th line built his team off everyone he already knew. He was successful. Vatty and snoopy weren’t successful because they’re personal skill wasn’t up to par and they bid on guys who largely had no idea who they were. The reason I had 90 point teams and not 100 point teams was because I made that same mistake but to a lesser degree (NYR95 & gally)..... everyone else already knew me & was close friends.

If I were to take owner again there would most likely be very little “issues” unless my team went to shit as then any player on any on any team would get rattled a bit.

Bottom line when you move up you need to have a core group of guys you know well and have minimal bidding risk. If you then have a decent season and club with nhl players a decent amount it should be pretty easy getting guys to play for you after that. As an owner snoopy and vatty just don’t have the skill as players which affected their manager selections and then their team. Nhl guys will give you a chance it just takes a little bit of extra work as is expected.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    l_s4k_1
  12. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Good news is, we added buy outs for every team this off season so you can go back into bidding lol

• Like Like x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  13. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Turds are back baby!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Gilleh

Gilleh Lil Gilly

Ratings:
    +601 / 28 / -55
    hey kb

• Useful Useful x 1
    gilpump
  15. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    The Truth.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. V 4 T T Y

V 4 T T Y ECHL Commissioner - Manager S20 - S45

Discord:
    v_4_t_t_y#0
    Ratings:
    +796 / 69 / -139
    Im a piece of shit.

• Funny Funny x 4
    Glorygaming94
  17. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Follisimo

Follisimo Two-Way

Discord:
    Avalanchian#3515
    Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -17
    Raise the requirement for availability from 4 of 9 to 5 of 9. I have had @At43 and @hatemakerr as management and they did a great job each season making things work whether for the good or bad of a season. If the players shut up and played things would probably be so much easier.

Hopefully 19 brings back some people to management, but there will always be about 3-5 bad teams because people quit and give up.

• Like Like x 3
    Lobby (1/3)
    Rhapsodical
  19. JC Enterprise

JC Enterprise Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JC Enterprise#2601
    Ratings:
    +549 / 46 / -41
    got to play with me tho :)

• Like Like x 1
    XxFireHeartsxX