Thank you Laval!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by VeNOM3O99, Aug 16, 2018.

1. VeNOM3O99

VeNOM3O99 Ultra Instinct (Sign) Goalie

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    First and foremost, big shoutout to @SouPerSaiyan @trevwings @l McQuade l @Jumps x 66 @The Broche .

Thank you so much for giving me a chance this season. I truly and very honestly had a shit ton of fun playing for you guys. Without a doubt one of my most enjoyable seasons since S3 with the Saskatoon Blades and S25 with the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada.

It wasn't always smooth, there were some rocky patches along the way, but it was never about me having beef with anyone on our team, it was always me having a beef with this awful, awful game EA released... Everyone on the team always encouraged me, even when I was putting myself down for my performance. I appreciate that.

Before this season started I set about a goal to have a NORMAL season and I did. This is my first AHL season where my stats are actually acceptable and I have everyone on the Laval Rockets to thank for that. Don't think for ONE MINUTE that I accomplished that alone!

You guys ROCK and I wish you the best going forward in S31. I wish I could say I will be right there with you guys, but, as I said at the beginning of the season, I'm 99% sure I'm not buying NHL 19... At least not right away. Maybe... We'll see.

So again, Thank you for the wonderful season! To all my teammates (even the ones that got traded) thank you so much for your kind words and encouragements. All you guys made me believe it's possible to have fun in LG again. If you guys need someone when the NHL 19 first comes out (I'll def be playing the Trial on EA Access) and you guys need a player, don't be shy and ask me!

Have a good rest of the summer guys! GO ROCKET GO!!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    VeNOM3099
  2. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +831 / 54 / -127
    You’re so nice.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. GrittySaves

GrittySaves Well-Known Member

Discord:
    dankdad88#0
    Ratings:
    +838 / 68 / -115
    BEAST G at NHL 19 3's

No Streaming Account
  4. TheGreech

TheGreech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 15 / -15
    why would you not buy 19? If you beef is with the game, most people think that 19 is a major upgrade

greech11
  5. VeNOM3O99

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    It is a major upgrade, but mostly for skaters. The Goalies were largely left alone. Post hugging and puck covering is still the same mess it's been since NHL 16. Shots from the goal line are still insanely accurate and the goalie engine still has a really difficult time with them.

Granted, that was only the BETA, and the dev has said that the final code is different. So we'll see.

I just don't want another year/season filled with EAids goals. Just in our series, I've had more than enough to last me 5 lifetimes.

VeNOM3099
  6. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    You're easily one of the very few, if not the only goalie that is saying this. All I've been hearing from goalies is that 19 felt super smooth and responsive as a goalie.

No Streaming Account
  7. Big Wet May

Big Wet May Well Known Month

Ratings:
    +244 / 12 / -26
    Can confirm goalies are nice. They're a tad bit better from 18 and the custom builds are always a plus.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. VeNOM3O99

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    Bottom line is, I don't want to be complaining about the game anymore. Is it improved? Yeah. There are some much needed tweaks to the goalies. Problem is the many of the same glitches and exploits are still in the game from NHL 16 (and some from before).

Yes, it was responsive and smooth, and I was having a lot of success in the BETA, maybe more than I was in NHL 18. But unlike maybe 90% of the LG population, I give about -10 fucks about my stats. For me it's about gameplay and enjoyment. I can't do that if pucks still go through my chest/pads/skates/stick. I can't do that if I get plowed into my net and the goal still counts. I can't do that if every breakaway, people just "wiggle-n-shoot" instead of trying to stick handle around me because that's what works 99% of the time in the game. I mean, EA Devs went and added a whole new dekeing system, but people will rather wiggle-n-shoot because you can score more easily that way. LOL!

To me, it doesn't make sense. It's like if I found a glitch in Dark Souls that lets me beat one of the toughest bosses in the game without even having to fight him at all. I mean, I can do it and avoid difficulty. But how much enjoyment would I get out of the game if I could just breeze through it by finding every exploit and glitch to finish the game?

That's what this thread was all about really. It's not about success. It's about enjoyment. I enjoyed myself playing for Laval/Montreal. We had an up and down season. We didn't make it far in the playoffs. Still, they're probably the best bunch of guys I've played with in a long time. Hands down.

That's what's important to me.Sadly, I don't enjoy EA's NHL as much...

VeNOM3099
  9. POT SHOT122

POT SHOT122 Warning Group

Discord:
    potshot122#0
    Ratings:
    +118 / 4 / -6
    You’re welcome

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Makaaarrrr

Makaaarrrr Stud Makar

Ratings:
    +82 / 24 / -16
    It was fun to play with you men your a great goalie ! See ya soon and good luck for your upcoming seasons

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Legend x19x8149

Legend x19x8149 Formally xXxLeGeNd716xXx

Ratings:
    +57 / 2 / -2
    It was a pleasure playing with you and the rest of our squad. Easily one of the best turnaround seasons I've been apart of and a lot of that we owe to you. Hope to see you in 19 if you get it lol

• Like Like x 1
    warriorl19l
  12. VeNOM3O99

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    According to LG Legends like Fox up there, i'm just a trash Goalie. I did what I could. I just tried to stop pucks! You guys were in charge of scoring goals and win games. ;)

But yeah. Anything can happen. Definitely want to try the full game with you guys when the Trial hits EA Access.

• Like Like x 1
    VeNOM3099
  13. Leveskii

Leveskii Am I good yet?

Discord:
    Leveskii#9686
    Ratings:
    +568 / 58 / -128
    Lg legend OOF

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    Leveskii11
  14. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    Best ECU goaler ever

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. VeNOM3O99

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    Best team for an ECU to play in: 4 games, 3 wins, 1 loss, 2 shutouts. Only really tough game was the game we lost against the Blues. Otherwise I was just sitting back there while you guys dominated.

VeNOM3099