Hypothetical Esports League - Top Center Picks

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by D4D USA, Aug 26, 2018.

1. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    The forums and chatbox have been dead since beta, so I figured it would be fun to look at the hypothetical list of drafted centers if EA and the NHL ever collaborated for a real esports league (I am as skeptical as everyone else). I understand there would never be a full 31-team league, but let’s pretend that is the plan.

This is just my opinion based on ESHL and LG stats, as well as experience both from playing with and against these guys. I am sure I missed a few obvious ones, and I know I do not know every player. I also left players off the list that I assumed do not play center as their primary position (i.e. Bass, No Undies, etc.).

Top 5 – I think all of these guys are interchangeable, depending on how the team wants to be built.

1. @GB521 – Rating: 98

In my opinion, the most dominant player overall on new gen. GB has cleaned up on individual awards in LG while winning a Stanley Cup. His ability to control the flow of the game offensively and defensively makes him my top center. It seems like he lost some interest in NHL recently, but if the game is good and there is incentive to play, you can bet your ass he will be back in form.

2. @JClaus33 – Rating: 97

While most of his success is on PS4, there is no denying what he has done there is absolutely insane – just give him every award for this current season. Any questions regarding if he would be as dominant on xbox were answered in ESHL and Canam, winning an ESHL event with Icebreakers. I honestly haven’t played with or against him enough to put him at the top, so he goes at a (conservative) #2.

3. @Sitful – Rating: 95

The best thumbs on the list. I hate and love playing against Sitful, he is the toughest match up for me personally and takes 5 years off of my life every time I go against him. I only see him getting better, looking at his progression from 16 to 17 and then 17 to 18. Being a young gun gives him the advantage to play often and improve where he feels he needs it. Sit, I don’t care if you say you are playing LW, you are a center in my books.

4. @ScaryJoeyy – Rating: 95

The amount of team success that ScaryJoey has had made me want to put him higher. He seems to have that intangible quality where he just wins (I call it the Tom Brady trait). Not sure on the exact numbers, but I believe it is a total of 4 Stanley Cups (working on 5) and multiple ESHL / Pro Series wins. I believe he is the most impressive center when it comes to controlling the neutral zone, which is one of the top aspects of the position.

5. @Trobs – Rating: 94

Don’t know a ton about Trobs except that I have taking enough ass kickings from him to warrant him a top 5 spot. I think he barely plays NHL and is still regarded as one of the best.

6. @cj142 – Rating: 93

CJ is the definition of consistency in LG. He continues to have standout seasons while making the players around him better, and I have no reason to believe that won’t continue in NHL 19. Incredibly smart player that always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. Being one of the top centers positionally lands him at 6th.

7. @CaLL Me Jakoo - Rating: 92

Still somewhat new to LG, Jakoo has earned the recognition as one of the elite centers in the game. He continuously puts up great numbers season after season in LGHL and played an integral role with Rated R taking Silver in the year-end ESHL event. I also have him at 7 so I don’t get 9 GG ratings from the Rated R boys (kidding).

8. @McFleuryyy – Rating: 91

I know McFleury from when he bent me over in the S23 CHL playoffs, and he has always been a good player. However, it seems that recently he has elevated his game to another level. He had a selke-like season in S28 LGHL and continued those numbers in S29 with my Blackcocks. Flower earned a spot on an invite division team and found success there as well. I expect him to continue this trend in 19.

9. @mR Hit DaT - Rating: 91

Another player that I have not seen to much of since old gen, but his prior success, coupled with him still being a great player leads me to believe he would be top 10.

10. @SamDelisle9 - Rating: 91

What is there to say about Selke Sam that we don’t all know already? Easily one of the most frustrating centers to play against – he is relentless on defense, and it seems he is always in the running for the Selke award. He carried this over into the most recent Canam tournament, going 4-0-1.

11. @PureRippin - Rating: 90

Another great center that has taken a hiatus from NHL. Rip always makes his team better, and it shows with the multiple cups. He also has had some great stats in ESHL. A lot of what rip brings to the table doesn’t show up on the stat sheet, but it is easily recognizable when you play against him.

12. @Xx LoL xX 9 - Rating: 90

LoL is one of the better players with the puck, and it always presents a challenge for his opponents. He consistently gets his team 15+ wins every LGHL season while averaging around 60 points and playing great defense, regardless of who is on his line.

13. @DeeSa Ali - Rating: 100

Carch is Carch. If I am holding the first overall pick, I am picking Carch, but I am bias. He has a great hockey IQ and brings this to the ice individually and with his elite team strategies. He’s a pitbull and will kick, scratch, and bite if he has to in order to win, which results in him being the takeaway leader every season. He holds a near 70% win rate in LGHL and is the self-proclaimed best ESHL Open Division player in LG’s history.

14. @Givemedings16 - Rating: 90

Dings puts up fantastic stats season after season in LGHL while also locking down the defensive zone. He has some of the quickest thumbs I have seen, and this makes him a threat every time he touches the puck. He also managed to go unbeaten in regulation during his first season in ESHL, although it was the open division, it is still impressive.

15. @MarcoGoes5H0LE - Rating: 89

Marco has put up strong numbers in LGHL and is leading the Predators on their current cup run – this trade is what put the team over the top. He also had an impressive record with Turning Point in ESHL, going 8-2-2. While this was at LW, there’s no reason for me to believe he couldn’t do this or better at C.

16. @xJackz 71 - Rating: 88

Jackz is the S27 Selke winner, and is always in the discussions for the award each season. He is one of the more underrated players in LG, and he found success in ESHL playing with Hall of Fame.

17. @Yung Gren - Rating: 88

One of the best verses players and a great 6’s player. If an ESHL league ever happened, I do not see any reason why he wouldn’t be able to switch his focus solely to 6’s and excel.

18. @KingClutch x 77 Rating: 88

Not too familiar with KingClutch, but he is a dominant player on PS4 and has had some success on xbox. He also is well respected as a player in the LG community on the xbox side.

19. @SJUSoccer9 - Rating: 69

Here’s a wild card and potentially the biggest steal of the draft, Mr. Gamesucks69. Dave continues to be a great center, but if the game is good, watch out. If he actually enjoys playing the game aside from 2am when the servers are good, I expect him to be back to the old soccer. This pick may have the biggest upside.

20. @Arctic Blur Rating: 87

Another new player to the LG scene and someone I do not know much about except he ECU’d for Winnipeg in S29 and hung 7 goals on me. He also had an impressive S30 with NYR and found some ESHL success in the open division.

21. @Fool x 90
    22. @jared2112
    23. @Stewkos
    24. @Scumbag Jared
    25. @Der Panda71
    26. @l JLP I
    27. @SweeT 9 LoU 84
    28. @MasterAmerica
    29. @IlFox
    30. @KEAPPS
    31. @Naazzyy

Let me know if I missed any obvious ones, and I can make some adjustments! Apologies in advance.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    • Like x 42
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Not again

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. TurboYuri

TurboYuri Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +711 / 40 / -82
    THE LISTS ARE BACK BABY! Lets begin my 6 month chatbox ban.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Coach Denham

Coach Denham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,242 / 70 / -91
    lets talk about the list in the chatbox.... oh wait

• Like Like x 2
    KingDenham
  5. Kernsy

Kernsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 21 / -63
    Trev is #1. The gap between Trev and #2 is grand canyon to me hes on another level

kernsy35
  6. Tb ToXiC

Tb ToXiC Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Tb Toxic#1016
    Ratings:
    +444 / 17 / -13
    Get good jak is the best

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    tjbarone81
  7. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    trev should never be in the top 5 he a shitter.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    xspezzal19lx
  8. Big Wet May

Big Wet May Well Known Month

Ratings:
    +244 / 12 / -26
    W0W I'm not on the list smh

No Streaming Account
  9. DDW-_-

DDW-_- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,499 / 73 / -89
    Where am I

• Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  10. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    Great list I'd definitely have @MarcoGoes5H0LE higher up, nice write up tho buddy!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    @D4D USA u forgot my friend @P t P 10 on the list of C i would put him in front of trev no question ask.

xspezzal19lx
  12. D4D USA

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    Yea, I struggled with this one because I know he’s good. Not as many stats to go off of as the others, and I have only played with / vs him in a handful of club games, so I went conservative.

No Streaming Account
  13. D4D USA

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    I might be wrong, but I believe he is primarily a lw that can play center. I know he was c s29 - he would deff be on the list if c is his position.

No Streaming Account
  14. John Bri I 7 I

John Bri I 7 I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3 / -7
    - I'd put PTP on the list too. He plays LW but i always said that guy is the perfect definition of a center. Hes very smart, use anybody on the ice, play simple and never take bad chances.

- You don't know him as a center yet but Devin will be a top C for sure

- Call Me Jakoo somewhere in the top 5.

- I like Carch but before Marco, Dave, KC and Dings, nope!

- I'd switch McFleuryy and SamDelisle9

- You missed Dub ( kwlkr )

Good write up Brotha. Hope you'll do this with all position now! ( :

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    JLP and Gren are to low imo. But still looks good

Edit. Foster needs to be on list also.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    selke1
  16. D4D USA

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    Devin is too good at all positions and I got confused what his primary is.

I know I missed dub, I used lg and eshl rosters from nhl 18 and he wasn’t there.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. John Bri I 7 I

John Bri I 7 I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3 / -7
    • Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  18. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    yikes

ridleywr24cb
  19. Neaverth

Neaverth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -3
    When you’re ranked 88 out of 100 shitters this season you don’t make these lists. #makemegreatagain

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. l1l Bones l3l

l1l Bones l3l BBB Owner

Ratings:
    +827 / 40 / -41
    Do all the positions ;P

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    BonesOnDemand