New Idea For When DP Contracts End

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by bonwl, Sep 23, 2018.

1. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Have you ever done bidding ever? Have you done mgmt or bog work at any level? Want you want is to have @Tris10 rewrite a script just to have RFA players be put into the bidding pool? And you are now making assumptions that “it’s not that hard to do...this website can do so much” this was already asked of tris if anything could be done through the website for RFA bidding. They were told to use site PMs. At this point attempting to educate you is obviously failing.

Nybarisny
  2. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    It's not the same as missing a guy in bidding at all. If I win you in bidding you're on my team. If I win an RFA and 6 hours later he gets matched and the next guy I would have wanted has expired even though I could have afforded him if not for the RFA player who got matched... That's not a scenario that happens in standard bidding.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    Nothing you mentioned here is accurate LOL. Did you even read my post?

I have no problem with bidding, I have a problem with how DPs are handled.

I don't care if I enter bidding, this isn't about me.

Bid matching wouldn't be done manually.

This is different than the past RFA system.

An RFA's contract would be the same value whether they were in bidding as UFA or RFA. They would be priced at a fair market value. There's no BS re-signing at a discount here.

Yes, LG tried this, but they did it wrong and it can be fixed.

Actually READ my post before getting into an argument about it, please.

Bonwl15
  4. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    What do you mean an RFA would get matched 6 hours after winning him in bidding? Have you read ANYTHING I wrote here? If a player is matched the timer resets. EXACTLY how it works when a player gets out-bid. There's NO difference.

Read my post before you start arguing against it, please.

Bonwl15
  5. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    Better suggestion.

Only players on a 1 season contract can accept resigns. Anyone who accepts a 2 or 3 season contract is ineligible to be resigned.

Keeps bidding pool populated, and prevents good players from being under value forever.

• Like Like x 2
    Sloshy97
  6. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    As I stated before, this is under the assumption that it could be added to the script. If it's too hard then cool I understand, no problem, but that doesn't make it a bad idea? If it's being done manually, then yes, that's a bad idea.

I have done bidding in the CHL as management and I'm about to do it at the NHL level also.

Bonwl15
  7. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    It doesn't matter what you wrote. The bidding system as it is currently will not receive an overhaul because of a small fraction of players. I read what you wrote. Things don't move that quickly here. If they move at all. I'm telling you from experience that it's not going to become that intuitive. Your idea is a good one if it was possible. But it's not. If you still think it is, ask Brodie and Tris directly.

No Streaming Account
  8. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    You basically just said RFA was bad because the BOGS couldn't organize it correctly not that RFA was actually terrible itself. I agree getting rid of it is much better than what we had. Not a debate whatsoever. I think some of you are missing the point that a properly implemented RFA could be a positive for the league. I see that as more of a long term discussion for the league not something to just throw together. Any of the suggestions here are not the proper way but I enjoy seeing people try to bring new ideas into LG. I don't think anyone wants to bring position change RFA back so I'm not sure why that was ever used as a counter argument against RFA. RFA is for draft picks only. Some said 2 seasons is enough time on a team. Technically a draft pick does not have to be on a team 2 seasons since they have a trade request. We should be more receptive to ideas and not just shoot them down so quick saying RFA was shit. Was doesn't mean it needs to be.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    It not being possible is a different argument though. Everyone in this thread has been shitting on the idea as though it was a bad idea with a bunch of flaws. The old RFA system was a bad idea with a bunch of flaws, lol.

But you're right, it's not a realistic idea so I suppose you could argue that makes it a bad idea?

Idk, I think it's a great idea, even though we'll never see it implemented.

Bonwl15
  10. Bloop_33

Bloop_33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +292 / 7 / -10
    I like the current system because it keeps a premium on the upcoming draft classes. You can only get low-cost controlled contracts through the draft (or if you fluke out in bidding) at the moment. So while draft classes might not be 60 players deep anymore, you also can't just forget about them either if you want to build a strong team. Not every team can have management strong enough to save $25M in contracts.

No Streaming Account
  11. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    I somewhat agree I'm just saying we shouldn't be so closed off to the idea when people suggest trying to make changes to improve. The idea suggested is not great but having open discussions is a good thing. Not saying you are being closed minded but some here definately are. Getting good low cost players is scouting and knowledge of the player base not ''fluking out". There are always good players out there that for whatever reason are not known.

No Streaming Account
  12. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious.

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +533 / 38 / -64
    I honestly like this idea

nickyP1999
  13. Bloop_33

Bloop_33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +292 / 7 / -10
    It just depends on the idea. I personally took advantage of RFA in s5 and it was great. Money saving is one of the biggest keys to success in LG. But I'm more of the belief that the draft has to continue to be significant and no RFA is one way it works. Unfortunately, the teams who take advantage of the draft typically aren't the teams who need the most help, but bad owners don't have the patience to properly set themselves up and seem to trade their picks freely. It's extremely rare for a team to be able to compete with a stripped roster and no picks. If you can, your management team is typically 2/6 of your g7 lineup, meaning you're saving a ton of money right there.

As for the fluke comment, yes there is sometimes players who have typically performed at an average rate who will get better. In the NHL it is very rare to get a 1st or high end 2nd line player at $2M regardless of your knowledge. But to get a known top player, as you would in the draft, for cheap, is what I am talking about. If Fog had entered free agency instead of the draft, what would he have gone for? A few seasons ago, a "top 5-10" draft prospect was able to "skip" the draft, for whatever reason, and he went for $6.5M I believe.

I'm open for ideas, but in my experience the system as it is currently built is far superior for the overall league than any RFA format I've heard.

No Streaming Account