NHL 19 Needed Fixes for Competitive Community

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Oct 11, 2018.

?

What needs patched/tuned for the competitive scene

1. Skating

57.4%
  2. Bumps

52.6%
  3. Pass Interceptions

28.2%
  4. Skill Zoning

27.2%
  5. Other

18.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kid zxro

kid zxro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 9 / -6

Big Jay Beagle guy here

In all seriousness this game is in a sad state. Never seen a game so dead a month after it was released. Every 1v1 site is a ghost town. You give feedback and lots of the EA guys lash out and defend what they did to make us look like idiots... its just not going to get better. Muck and Grind hockey is what it is now in 6s... skillzone is what it is in 1v1. Its ugly out there.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. GiveMeDaPuck

GiveMeDaPuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 3 / -24
    servers are back to being shit, especially for us Westerners. I know it's possible for the game to play great for everyone, because during the Beta I'd maybe lag 1/10, now it's more like 9/10

• Like Like x 2
    GiveMeDaPuck
  3. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17
    I can understand tuning down the pope check from the beta. It was a little excessive and for casual players, it makes the game not fun. However, there was zero reason to nerf The skating back to NHL 18 levels. Even as a goalie, it is frustrating to see defenseman catching up to smaller forwards on breakaways.

The problem we have is a community though is that there is no incentive to reward the people who play the game here around because those people are the ones most likely to buy the game regardless. EA Makes its money on the bells and whistle's that attract people for a few months before they get new games at Christmas.

If we as a community really want to have our voice heard, it would probably take an LG wide boycott of NHL 20 to send EA a message. If you don't affect their bottomline, they could care less

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  4. jaZz134

jaZz134 Jackie #2069

Discord:
    jazz134#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 11 / -24
    hut?

No Streaming Account
  5. Yotes4Cup

Yotes4Cup Well-Known Member

Discord:
    yotes4cup#0
    Ratings:
    +129 / 20 / -22
    Make the gameplay exactly like the beta was played without all of the tripping penalties.

• Like Like x 1
    yotes4cup
  6. Looped61

Looped61 LGBA PSN S5 Nets GM

Discord:
    looped61#0
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -1
    I wish we could have front of the Net battle back as a D-Man. I hate not being able to do anything about forwards camping in front of the goalie.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    douglaslupo
  7. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    after 3 years of being dissappointed I'm more surpised when EA releases a good product then when they release a shitty product. They know what we want and they continue to ignore the community that helps grow and promote their game. I hope they drop the series all together because it's embarassing how much they don't get how to make and market a game that has a lot of potential as far as drawing in more people.

Windmillsfordayz
  8. Trae x8

Trae x8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    Would a middle ground solution to bumps from behind be to not lose the puck but then slightly lower your dekes/pass/shot for a split second like it might if you got pushed a bit in real life? So you can still release it but are penalized if you do it right as they push you? Just a thought, might be dumb.

9. Sauce415549

Sauce415549 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 114 / -115
    Put the game back to how it was at release.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. cDuBs allSTAR

cDuBs allSTAR "Girth Fitzwell"

Discord:
    cdubs allstar Spirit AGM#7227
    Ratings:
    +265 / 14 / -55
    Bumps are horrendous. I shouldn’t lose the puck if a guy nudges me after I clearly passed him. Also auto animations kicking in needs some work. Skating was was good up until last tuner and playing defense is more than just stick lifting and body checks. You can’t play passing lanes as a FWD because your sticks is a magnet to trip attacking player. As a FWD I want to force guys and take away passing lanes with stick. You can’t eliminate options for attacking FWDs with how game is now.

Cduballstars
  11. Im Sean Avery

Im Sean Avery Well-Known Member

Discord:
    imseanavery#0
    Ratings:
    +1,689 / 141 / -416
    **other**

We definitly needs more times after the wristle to find someone to fight, thatd be a huge must for the league if players could get into more fights.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    ImSeanAveryLG
  12. zombieBRAAIINNS

zombieBRAAIINNS Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zombieBRAAIINNS#7316
    Ratings:
    +11 / 3 / -4
    custom game views

please bring back the ability that was in the xbox360 version of the games

we were able to create our own custom adjusted view. i was able to zoom out further and adjust the height for a better zoomed out overhead view.

since the xbox one version, we lost that ability and they still have not added it back in.

• Winner Winner x 1
    s3dated9sycho_0
  13. Gh0sT 1369

Gh0sT 1369 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230 / 190 / -180
    Gameplay slider needs to be set onto full sim or hardcore ... Fuck this competitive slider , sometimes the only thing that makes this game feel competitive is the bullshit you gotta fight sometimes , fighting an uphill battle even though you are statistically destroying your opponent who has no chance, except for his AI is standing on their head and yours is in full ~*~* mode ...

I've seen pucks change direction mid shot so the goalie can make a save, like the game literally had a set score and said fuck you buddy my way or fuck off play another game, your skill won't shine in this shit show ... The compi can spam stick lift , like no tomorrow, their stick doesn't even hit the fucking ice it's just up in the air rapid fire , again I have recordings...

This game needs to stop being competitive, and start being skill based and let the skill gap show ... This isn't fucking Mario Kart with catch up logic so the kiddies don't feel so had, it's a man's game , let's fucking go

One thing I'd like to see ea work on, which they must do, is shooting physics ... Pucks go out straight then go on the shot angle , go through the blade, go on impossible angles ... How's your animations supposed to work when your game shot trajectory is way off.... I pointed this issue with passing out to Ben Ross on NHL 17 and in NHL 18 passing logic was added , AI didn't know there was boards nets or even other players ... Shooting is in termoil as well because ea doesn't fix the mechanics around it ...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    Straight Line Speed

The current game speed is a joke. You can't create separation, you can't burn someone wide, and the stick up the ass skating animation you get when someone is directly behind you is a bullshit way of preventing you from pulling away from someone. Fixing this would likely take away some complaints, because you could actually create offense on badly positioned players.

How I would fix:

- Up game speed
    - Up attribute effect on player speed
    - Remove the bubble

Pass Interceptions

Speaking of badly positioned players, interceptions are a joke at the moment. The jedi no look interceptions are back, and the 10 foot reach to pick a pass is a joke.

How I would fix:

Stand with your feet at shoulder width apart and imagine a circle connecting both of your feet. Any puck that enters that circle is a 100% pick off, partly because you're not an idiot, and partly because the puck is physically hitting you. As the puck gets further away from that circle, the % chance of you picking off a pass decreases. The % chance of an interception is modified on a number of factors, such as how far away the pass is coming from, the type of pass coming at you (regular vs sauce), your defensive awareness, your hand eye and your opponents passing ability

For example. If a regular pass is getting ripped at me from 30 feet away, that should be the easiest pass to pick off. However, if a sauce is going from player to player and the pass originated from 5 feet away from me, that would be incredibly difficult to react to in real life unless properly positioned.

Manual Deflections

This was kind of a joke on old gen (Hold B to tip!), but I genuinely think it is a good idea. I won't speak for the XBOX side, but the PS4 side is dominated by a trap meta, which frankly requires absolutely no skill and makes the game miserable. Players need some tools to counter this.

How I would fix:

If a pass is coming your way, holding O (B on XBOX) would cause your player to simply touch the puck while keeping the momentum, allowing for the dump/tip plays we see in the NHL today. This would allow players to keep their momentum in the neutral zone (rather then a player hitting the red line and flip dumping), increase the speed of the game, and allow people a realistic option for breaking the trap.

Defensive Skill Stick

This was a nice start, but it sucks now, and needs a revamp. Defense is currently in a bad place. It requires no skill, and it is not enjoyable to play at the moment.

How I would fix:

R1 (press) -> disable this feature
    R1 (hold) + RS -> Overhaul it. Make the animations smoother. Allow people to use while skating (don't punish people for holding it). Release R1 to poke check in the direction you aimed. If you hit the opponents feet, it's a trip.
    RS (flick) -> Slash at the puck with your stick. The direction you flick is the direction your player slashes in. If you connect with the puck, the puck is hammered away from the opponent (no more of poking the puck off a guy 3x and having him pick it back up). If you connect with the opponent, it's a slash.
    L1 (hold) + RS (up) -> Pass block
    L1 (hold) + RS (down) -> shot block
    Current puck chop -> remove

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Sloshy97
  15. canuckftc12W

canuckftc12W Well-Known Member

Discord:
    canuckftc12W#5025
    Ratings:
    +605 / 29 / -68
    Biggest issue EA has had over the past several years is they change something drastically the second people complain about it, when really they should allow at least a brief adjustment time period before changing things, especially with how much they changed core mechanics such as pokes and skating; or at the very least look to the competitive community if they want a good grasp of whether the changes are positive or negative

• Like Like x 1
    Itsnucktime
  16. Trae x8

Trae x8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    Ive seen a goal where the player passed it from behind the net, it went through the side of the net (into the net btw) for an easy tap in to the recipient on the other side of the crease. I double checked the replay cause i had no idea how the puck had even ended up in front. Might be the worst bug ive ever seen lol

17. CornsFatCob

CornsFatCob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 2 / -7
    This x100

The beta felt great as a west coaster playing on the east servers

Now it's right back to feeling like a noticeable handicap

• Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406

Try Zone Cam or holding select in game to focus the camera between your guy and puck at all times

SweeT9LoU84
  19. PieR Talent

PieR Talent Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,803 / 87 / -178
    How about this?

How about they just figure it the fuck out. Isn’t rocket since. My team waited 45 minutes trying to connect with another team to play our nightly league game. We weren’t able to connect through the pin system. Then we thought let’s try to invite every one to a party to see if anyone has someone blocked. Turns out nobody did. We then tried to match up in a normal club game. Didn’t work. We waited 45 minutes and couldn’t match up against the team we wanted to. How hard is it to implement a system that works? This game already sucks but now we can’t even play each other with this shity pin system.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. W1kd84

W1kd84 Former Call of Duty 1 and 2 PC Pro Team Verb

Discord:
    W1kd84#6929
    Ratings:
    +267 / 22 / -101
    You are playing the wrong mode nothing is wrong with nhl arcade drop in 3s