1. TheShoeMoney

TheShoeMoney Confirmed Shitter

Ratings:
    +65 / 19 / -15
    So it has come to my attention a few of you have seen the Monsters vs Laval Game. The BS aside I want to explain what my thought process was and then you all can troll me in the comments. If you dont want to read this whole thing im probably going to make a video.

To start I did fuck up pre-game. I went and played a few 1's games between game 1 and 2. I forgot to switch back to my normal D build which is why I am playing RH as a RD. My build was also TWF I believe im not 100% sure. I also mention this right at the 1st puck drop.

I took 7 screenshots of the time where the supposed play in question happened and I will use those to explain.

#1 Green and Teal just won a board battle in the corner. Red (Ford) Gets the puck in the middle and we start our break out. Green has no momentum going forward so I (Yellow) get a little more aggressive on the break out to help us get numbers to enter the zone.

#2 Red is taking the puck over the blue line. There is potential for a 3 on 2 here but not likely. In this spot I am reading Blue to see where he cuts and I fill the other lane. Also looking to see where Red takes the puck and Adjust from there.

#3 Red tale the puck to the half board so I stay High as Green is back in the play. From here I am readying the other teams wingers to try and see if I can get a pass lane open from red to give him an option.

#4 Blue cuts behind the net and Red takes it low to give it to him. Here is where I get and in my opinion should get very aggressive. Teal is still High in the zone back just in case some weird bounce happens. But notice where all 5 of Lavals skaters are. All are on the Left side of the ice and all but one are below the face off dot. It is safe for me to hop in here and try and give Blue a quick pass to the from of the net for a great scoring chance.

#5 I do just that and crash to the near side post. Its hard to tell in this pic but what happens is Blue does look to throw it in front but the pass was supposed to go to green I believe. It hits off the post and bounces to me. Again note where Lavals skaters are.

#6 A few seconds between 5 and 6 but my guy whiffs on the shot and the puck goes back down low and Laval gets is. Red covers for me (Great play). Blue is behind the Laval player behind the net (very hard to tell). Right now we have a 1-2-2 fore check in place and again notice Lavals skaters all super low in the zone. In this spot because we are set in a 1-2-2 Im playing the role of a Winger and C has my spot. Typically There is no issue here and at an appropriate time we would switch back. This is also when the freak out starts.

#7 Again still in a 1-2-2 set. Blue is pressuring puck (kind of) Myself and green are trying to take away passing lanes and Teal and Red are back.

To me this was a pretty standard hockey sequence. As I am the first one to say I am not the best player, top player, elite player in this game. I am always open to feedback and suggestions.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      842.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      849.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      827.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      855.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      846.8 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      889.8 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      835.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    TheShoeMoney
  2. Bugsyl17l

Bugsyl17l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 15 / -34
    You suck

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. TheShoeMoney

Ratings:
    +65 / 19 / -15

P.S. My player name has been Fourth Forward since S4 @vish_b probably doesn't remember it but he called me it one game so I kept it.

• Like Like x 1
    TheShoeMoney
  4. brax96

brax96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +436 / 17 / -49
    Nobody fucking cares shitter

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    extrasweetsauce
  5. l0wkey93-

l0wkey93- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 2 / -3
    TLDR?

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. TheShoeMoney

Ratings:
    +65 / 19 / -15
    Its coming Basically I got told he was going to strangle me because of this play. Along with other things.

TheShoeMoney
  7. TheShoeMoney

Ratings:
    +65 / 19 / -15
    Enough people do that he got a Capital ban.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    TheShoeMoney
  8. Slamtastic86

Slamtastic86 Meme God

Ratings:
    +139 / 8 / -25
    Yeah I thought this was gonna be something cool. Turns out I was wrong and Im certainly not reading all of that bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account