Media LG 30 for 30: From Whiteboard to Cardboard, a Drew x 8 Story

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by APsychicTaco, Oct 23, 2018.

1. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    - A moment ago - [​IMG]trevwings : OH BOY BIG TOILET READ INBOUND

- For a bored @D4D USA

What if I told you that there was once an NHL player in LG who would have a whiteboard on hand to draw up plays for the team? That he would go lift a Stanley Cup (with whiteboard still in hand) and be a part of two President's Trophy teams, and less than 6 months later he would be clearing waivers to the CHL as a forward. Today we're going to talk about the man that labels himself as "Mr. Fundamentals", @Drew x 8.

He started his career out with handfuls of games each season in the AHL over the NHL 16 game cycle, preparing to bring him and his leadership abilities to the first NHL team that would give him a chance. All that was needed was for one owner in need... That man turned out to be a new and aspiring owner in Blindzy for the Dallas Stars. As a goalie owner he needed to take some big risks and picking up a player who had talent but was coming off a ban was a big risk. After two rough weeks and an 0-4 start Drew decided it was time to unveil his whiteboard to the team. He was traded less than 24 hours later.

However this was a blessing more than a curse as he was saved from what was quite possibly the worst team in LG history and brought onto a French team. This allowed him to use his whiteboard freely as none of the French management could even understand what he was saying. Over the course of Spring he was able to refine and improve his tactics with a plan to manage the best Bolts team LG had ever season the following season. Season 27 would prove to be a personal disappointment, but his whiteboard plays provided enough spark to the rest of the team to finish with a .500 record. He knew he could improve, but the question was if his tactical talents would be better suited for more skillful managers.

In comes @Gwan, a man building a super team who needs players who know their fundamentals to fill out the roster. Drew was the perfect choice for this role as a 6th defensemen on what was the best defense in the NHL that season. Drew recognized that this time around he should hide the whiteboard. He didn't want to be traded off the cup favorites simply because he was pissing off teammates by drawing up powerplay positions for some of the most skilled skaters in the game. From season 28: “I’m just here to win the cup. I’ll do anything and play anywhere”. With his patience and fundamentals he would go on to hoist the cup the season along with a President's trophy. He was quoted saying "This is what I've been striving for, for my tactics and fundamentals to pay off". Little did he know this is where his whiteboard would begin to erode everything that had got him this far.

With a new management group in Chicago and almost none of the past championship members around Drew felt it was time to lead this new Blackhawks team in the right direction. Over the course of 5 weeks he would go from recommending powerplay passing plays on the fly to a full on channel in the team discord posting plays drawn on his whiteboard with video instructions using real life NHL plays. Here is a summary of his Chicago season on page 1 of his appreciation thread (https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/drew-x-8-appreciation-thread.275037/).

This resulted in him being moved twice and destroying his confidence for the rest of the season. "I have no desire to play this game anymore after winning the cup" was his ultimate response to this tragic season. Little did he know he'd have on more shot...

In comes Givemedings, hoping that could inspire Drew to play the way he did for Gwan two seasons ago to lift the cup. Once again Drew was given once of the best forward cores in the league to work with and once again they succeeded, ultimately with a President's trophy to show for all the hard work. But during this time he did not stop. He still deemed himself tactically superior and it wore thin on his teammates. It reached a boiling point in game 2 that was pivotal for Colorado to win to even the series. Then this happened https://clips.twitch.tv/CutePluckyClintPupper. This misplay would lead to immediate blame and Drew resorting to his old self that was hidden in the AHL seasons ago https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/drew-x-8-appreciation-thread.275037/page-2.

This was the tipping point for Drew, he said that there was only two goals left in his LG career: To play a season on the Maple Leafs and to be on the same line as Odie for a season. With both being rather unlikely to occur, Drew decided this was the season where he would show everyone how to play forward properly. He signed up as a center late after NHL bidding to sneak into the NHL as a cheap and elite 500k forward. Instead within two weeks of the AHL season he's cleared waivers and is reporting to the CHL TC of the Peterborough Petes to possibly play his first games of CHL hockey since 2013.

This should be a lesson for everyone and something I've learned from typing this massive troll biography for entertainment. Never become set in a certain way of thinking. As the game changes for better or for worse try new things and don't force your playstyle onto others. NHL 19 is heavily dependent on teamwork and being on the same page. Talk to your teammates, figure out a plan, and work as a team. Without a plan or scheme you will fail.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 16
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
    APsychicTaco
  2. Crankov

Crankov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 22 / -61
    Do a bladesonthree now.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    HAHAHAHAHAHA why did I never see that clip or know about Colorado blaming him???

What about him being quoted “I know I’m the g7 ld I have no fear that I’ll be traded”??

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  4. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. JRowsyn

JRowsyn DooGs

Discord:
    Duganator#1455
    Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -11
    • Like Like x 1
    Duganator32
  6. Frog KnightG

Frog KnightG Ser Glenn

Discord:
    ser_glenn#0
    Ratings:
    +356 / 12 / -51
    No Streaming Account
  7. hatemakerr

hatemakerr the material girl.

Ratings:
    +435 / 8 / -12
    there's always shitty playstation.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Best toilet read ever. You write better novels than Lou. Get this man published.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    cross_x_check
  9. shutthegate

shutthegate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +332 / 13 / -16
    Colorado lost that series when they decided to ecu @Drew x 8 and his whiteboard in game 6.

• Winner Winner x 4
    shutthegate34
  10. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    @Drew x 8 please tell us the way of the Whiteboard Warrior.

cross_x_check
  11. JEEEEEEBS

JEEEEEEBS VHL REFUGEE

Ratings:
    +319 / 12 / -14
    JEEEEEEBS
  12. HTH94

HTH94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HTH#6186
    Ratings:
    +408 / 143 / -192
    Do one about me next

• Like Like x 1
  13. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    selke1
  14. TheGreech

TheGreech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 15 / -15
    @TIN045 get that whiteboard...

greech11
  15. TheGreech

TheGreech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 15 / -15
    Taco this would've made a great magazine, think of the cover potential!!

greech11
  16. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    @APX x 93 .. I hear Toronto needs a lot of ECU's and a new owner. Lot of potential to knock down one of those LG dreams here @Drew x 8

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. DirtyJerrz

DirtyJerrz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    Just traded him. Looks like he might get his shot at redemption. Time will tell

• Like Like x 3
    Dirty_Jerrz
  18. Nyquist x 12

Nyquist x 12 Cadillac Eldo

Discord:
    nyquistx12#0
    Ratings:
    +154 / 35 / -32
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    I forgot, you were the GM of that terrible team :rolleyes:.

And it took me about an hour to write it, it's not my fault it took you even longer to read it :(

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    APsychicTaco
  20. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    Drew x 8 coach me to my best season he told 1 thing important to just focus on 1 game at a time i been using this ever since.

• Like Like x 5
    In World of CHEL
    xspezzal19lx