Mid-Season Review *with Music* (The Metro)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by l Bossy l x 22, Nov 17, 2018.

Tags:
?

Favorite team/song duo?

1. Flyers

7.7%
  2. Rangers

15.4%
  3. Hurricanes

23.1%
  4. Islanders

15.4%
  5. Penguins

7.7%
  6. Blue Jackets

15.4%
  7. Capitals

7.7%
  8. Devils

7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Here's the link to my first write-up of the Atlantic Division just in case you missed it, and weren't sure where I was going with this ---> https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums...n-review-with-music-atlantic-division.281507/ ... Here we go.

:team4:Philadelphia Flyers:team4:
    Standings: 45GP 29-12-4 62 points (1st in Metro)
    Song Choice: "High Hopes" By: Panic! At The Disco

Why this song?: I just had to throw a song in from the NHL19 soundtrack at some point in these write-ups. This insanely overplayed song has been annoying much of this community since the day of the games release. Perhaps one of the only things that annoys this community more would be Flyers Owner @DeeSa Ali ;). That being said, this team was expected to be a top team in the league, and they haven't disappointed. Philly's offense is led by GM @MarcoGoes5H0LE @McFleuryyy and many others, but it's their defensive play that is giving this team "High Hopes" for a lengthy Cup run. Backstopped by AGM @o S m i i t t y they have allowed only 70 goals at this point in the season, which is a dozen less than the second lowest team in the league. This team should be vying for the top spot in the East for the remainder of the season.

:team12:New York Rangers:team12:
    Standings: 45GP 27-13-5 59 points (2nd in Metro)
    Song Choice: "Mr. Brightside" By: The Killers

Why this song?: The off-season announcement of @Gilleh joining @Im4thLineWorthy and the Rangers certainly made a lot of heads turn here in LG... But will "Mr. Gilleh Brightside" help bring home another Cup for 4th and the boys? Only time will tell. This team was also expected to be very good, and they have been just that. Offensively, they have been led by Gilleh and 4th, as well as @Givemedings16. Leading the way on defense have been @Po1andsFinest and @jewbawkka. It looks as though the Rangers' third line has been struggling so far this season, but given the success of this line in recent seasons, I don't think it's time to hit the panic button just yet. I expect the Rangers to maintain a top spot in the Metro the rest of the way.

:team74:Carolina Hurricanes:team74:
    Standings: 45GP 26-14-5 57 points (3rd in Metro)
    Song Choice: "The Song Remains the Same" By: Led Zeppelin

Why this song?: I was going to go with the obvious choice of "Rock You Like a Hurricane," but I dug a little deeper here, and I really like what @Foote has done with these Canes. This team has remained almost entirely intact since bidding... In fact 15/17 roster players from opening night are still on this Hurricanes roster. The only changes this team has made in 5 weeks were trading @Malchesky for @mR Hit DaT and losing @Thamps to a ban, and picking up @DeIosh. No offense to the guys who were lost/traded, but Carolina clearly won each of the only moves they've made this season. This lack of movement is something you'd expect to see from teams viewed as post-bidding powerhouses, like Anaheim, and not from a team like Carolina which many weren't expecting much from. Clearly, less has been more for the Canes. I'm sure they currently have a huge trade in the works for me to completely jinx this like I did with congratulating @LiLNickaI93 last night :D. If Carolina keeps going with what has been working they should maintain a playoff spot in the East.

:team27:New York Islanders:team27:
    Standings: 45GP 24-16-5 53 points (1st wildcard in East)
    Song Choice: "It's Been Awhile" By: Staind

Why this song?: The Islanders have gotten off to a great start so far this season and are currently holding the first wildcard in the East. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like it's been awhile since @a1xFREAKx13 has found his way to the playoffs, so this song goes specifically out to him. Freak, as well as @Rehanek and @xFiore91x have been getting it done offensively all season for these Isles. On defense, they've received solid contributions from @bull71dog @TheHeroicDuck and @l FreeStyle 7 l. I expect these last couple of wildcards in the East to be a battle to the very end, but I am pulling for Freak and the Isles to get it done.

:team78:Pittsburgh Penguins:team78:
    Standings: 45GP 23-17-5 51 points (2nd wildcard in East)
    Song Choice: "Here I Go Again" By: Whitesnake

Why this song?: This song goes out specifically to Penguins Owner @brandovedo... If I have done my math correctly, here Brando goes again for his 13th consecutive season as an NHL Owner. Yes, you read that correctly. I really don't know if I should be congratulating him or urging him to seek some mental health assistance for somehow willingly dealing with this community for so long ;). I guess when you've had as much success as Brando has had, you can sort of understand why he keeps on coming back. This seasons' Penguins team isn't setting the world on fire, but they are once again in the thick of the playoff race at the halfway mark of the season. @McLxvinn @BRADENxHOLTBY and @Augchenyuk are probably having the best seasons out of the bunch, but pretty much everyone else on this roster has been around the .500 mark. This team has some really solid pieces, and should easily stay in the race the rest of the way.

:team6:Columbus Blue Jackets:team6:
    Standings: 45GP 22-20-3 47 points (6th in Metro)
    Song Choice: "Everything Has Changed" By: Taylor Swift
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=w1oM3kQpXRo
    Why this song?: It's definitely a little harsh to compare anyone or anything to a Taylor Swift song, but in this case I think it's a pretty fair comparison. Most of this squad has gone from being on a powerhouse under the ownership of @Givemedings16 to being a team that's sitting slightly above .500. Like I said, maybe it's a little harsh because this team is far from being out of the race at this point, but it's certainly a huge change from where they have been used to being. @Colonel20 hasn't done an awful job in building this Blue Jackets team. They have received strong performances from the likes of @Rockxt 97 and @Riven2513, but practically everyone else has under performed. There's still plenty of time to turn things around, but they will certainly need big name guys like @React 10 @Big Tony 16 and @justlax10 to step up asap or they could be in for a long last few weeks.

:team14:Washington Capitals:team14:
    Standings: 45GP 17-19-9 43 points (7th in Metro)
    Song Choice: "Bad Day" By: Daniel Powter
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg
    Why this song?: The Caps, led by owner @TIN045 have had a pretty rough season. This team has made an abundance of moves throughout the course of the season, but the "Bad Days" haven't been coming with less frequency. In fact, the only non-management guys currently on this roster since opening day are $13 million man @xTheos l7l @RAMPAGEx91 and @XGEnErAL 420X, none of which are having very impressive seasons thus far. It'll be a tough road in a very strong Metro division, but the Caps aren't completely out of it. The recent acquisition of PS4 guys @Double_brah and @F0G 19 who got off to a solid 2-0-1 start for them last week, could possibly help spark a turnaround for this Capitals squad.

:team7:New Jersey Devils:team7:
    Standings: 45GP 16-25-4 36 points (last in metro)
    Song Choice: "Wake Me Up" By: Avicci
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=IcrbM1l_BoI
    Why this song?: You really just can't help but to feel bad for the guys left to clean up the mess made here in New Jersey by @Gulash l4l. If I were in @JerseyDevils 27 or @Manship x 91 skates, I'd definitely ask for someone to "wake me up when it's all over" because there is simply no climbing out of this hole for these Devils. The only player somehow sporting a winning record at this point in the season is RD @Skoden Uprising... I don't know what this guy is doing to somehow have an 8-4-1 record, but whatever he is doing, the Devils need more of if they want to put together a successful end of the season. Good luck to those still in New Jersey passed the trade deadline. Please find a good home for my former linemate @Wadden l32l before the deadline passes, he deserves it after being stuck on the Nucks all of last season!

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    GTA Online
    bossy_22_
  2. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    Awful .. to everyone Panic at the disco does not represent the Flyers

This has inspired me however to fix this

Jesus what is wrong with you bossy

• Funny Funny x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. Blainer I52I

Blainer I52I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Mr Blain3r#1121
    Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -6
    "bad days" are behind us. Watch for caps to make a push. I'll try and carry the load as far as I can. With the help of the squad we can git r dun!

• Like Like x 1
    BlainBlainTV
  4. donnybrah

donnybrah Better At EASHL Than Im4thLineWorthy

Discord:
    donnybrah#0690
    Ratings:
    +290 / 29 / -40
    Rangers third line has won their last 6 :/

• Informative Informative x 1
    donnybrah
  5. Riven2513

Riven2513 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 9 / -15
    Thanks for the mention.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    The Philly song was directed more towards yourself, than it was too the team as a whole... But thanks for proving my point ;)

At least you didn't get the Taylor Swift song.
    I've seen and been apart of teams who have come back from even further out, with even less time. Definitely not counting you guys out yet.
    I didn't look greatly into seeing who was playing with who, just saw some guys with sub-par records for what would normally be expected.
    Keep it going man, hopefully the rest of the team can figure it out!

GTA Online
    bossy_22_
  7. donnybrah

donnybrah Better At EASHL Than Im4thLineWorthy

Discord:
    donnybrah#0690
    Ratings:
    +290 / 29 / -40
    Snowy (was on a bad team)
    Stoner (broke his hand)
    Myself (bad team)

we're GRINDING now but at least you gave us a good song