Playoff Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by DatsyukianxDeke, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Datsyuk709

Datsyuk709 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    datsyuk709#0
    Ratings:
    +509 / 18 / -18
    Eastern Atlantic

1. :team393:Charlotte Checkers (57-14-11 125 Pts) Vs 4. :team301:Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (45-25-12 102 Pts)

Presidents' Trophy winning, Charlotte Checkers will be the favorite in this series and most likely throughout the playoffs, due in part to their high octane offense, boasting the 3rd most goals for during the regular season (2 behind first). This team has been consistent all season long, built by @Wickedly Moist and @GiveMeDaPuck this team will be tough to beat in a 7 game series. That being said don't sleep on the Baby Penguins, coming off an also impressive season, they are lead by @l Gentry l, @Laporshkin x 71 and @Dimitri x 91 and have put together a stingy d-core that allowed the 5th fewest goals against in the regular season. Unfortunately for both teams, overtime losses don't mean anything in the playoffs considering they combined for 23 overtime losses during the regular season. This series should not disappoint, and should surely be one to watch.

Charlotte won the season series 3-1

Players to Watch

:team393:Charlotte Checkers[​IMG]
    @Wickedly Moist
    @Martel x 29

:team301: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins[​IMG]
    @Dimitri x 91
    @TheFunkyH

My Prediction:

[​IMG]Charlotte wins in 7

2. :team314: Hartford WolfPack (52-24-6 110 Pts) vs :team315:Bridgeport SoundTigers (51-23-8 110 Pts)

The Hartford Wolfpack were able to hold off a streaking Bridgeport team (9-1-0 in last 10 games) for home ice advantage in this series. Both teams are similarily built and possess multiple offensive weapons as well as defensive stalwarts. Hartford, built by @m3x1cAn NiNjA and @Dip City Don, were arguably the most stastisically balanced team throughout the regular season. Both of these teams boast extremely consistent special teams stats, with Hartford sitting 6th in PP% and 4th in PK%, while Bridgeport were 3rd in PP% and 6th in PK%. The gritty defense of the Bridgeport SoundTigers will have their hands full with a high scoring Wolfpack team that consists of the leagues goal scoring title winner, @Zaathal. The Bridgeport SoundTigers, built by @Gthumbz42o, @Gumba l11l and @SpruceMoose91, share the 8th most shutouts during the regular season, thanks in part to great goaltending from @Wild Edits and @mochez18 coupled with a defense first mentality. This series has all the makings of a great one and should be fun for both teams involved. Being a member of the Bridgeport SoundTigers, I wish the Wolfpack the best of luck, even against us, but i wish more luck to my team and i hope they can understand why I would do that.

Bridgeport won the season series 3-1

Players to Watch

:team314: Hartford Wolfpack [​IMG]
    @Zaathal
    @LukeForceWalker

:team315: Bridgeport SoundTigers [​IMG]
    @FireHollandLGRW
    @TeachMe18

My Prediction:

I will not predict my own series but I can guarantee it will be GRITTY.

Eastern North

1. :team777:Belleville Senators (58-19-5 121 Pts) vs 4. :team410:Utica Comets (42-33- 6 92 Pts)

Despite not winning the Presidents' Trophy, the Belleville Senators actually lead the regular season in wins. This team is lead by @Schwifty Tip , @xl NiTeOwL lx, and @Bellx91, the latter two looking for the threepeat. With the late season acquistioins of @RaPidz PheNomz and @RaPidz ShaDow, it seems as if Belleville is hoping that their chemistry and recent success in the CHL will push them over the top. Not to be overlooked on this team is their impressive d-core, with names like @GeT MuTeDD, @Schwifty Tip and @KRAIMERICA its hard to find a weakness in this lineup and that will drive other teams bonkers. Could this set the stage for a cinderalla story? Enter the Utica Comets, a team who got themselves into the playoffs by winning their last game of the season, could just be that underdog. This team is run by @MingesaurusRex and @Soapy412 who are both returning to the AHL from playing in the NHL last season. Utica made a few noticeable acquistions down the strech adding the champagne papi @Drake0807 and @Bake703. This team has tonnes of LG experience and are undoubtfully fighting an uphill battle against a really tough Belleville team. This series should be one sided, but don't be surprised if the Utica Comets put up a good fight.

Belleville won season series 4-0

Players to Watch

:team777: Belleville Senators [​IMG]
    @GeT MuTeDD
    @RaPidz PheNomz & @RaPidz ShaDow

:team410: Utica Comets [​IMG]
    @Drake0807
    @Soapy412

My Prediction:

[​IMG]Belleville wins in 5

2. :team312:[​IMG]Rochester Americans (49-26-7 105 Pts) vs 3. :team309:Syracuse Crunch (45-28-9 99 Pts)

In a season where we saw multiple casualties through bans or quitting, the Rochester Americans were no exception, seeing @oNo RuThLesS and @Tricky l13l leave the squad mid season. That being said @An AngryFawn and @PartyDrew did a great job filling the holes and putting together an impressive season at the same time. This team looks to be very balanced, boasting highly skilled forwards such as @Studz x 7 and @PartyDrew as well as shutdown defenseman like @tball612 and @adidaht88. The Syracuse Crunch are lead by @MetalGhost0 and @ThatZachGuy, who have built a nice roster with a few good pieces. The Crunch sit 1st in PK% during the regular season and 3rd in Faceoff %. Special teams and good puck possession could be their key to solving this well-rounded Rochester squad.

Season Series Tied 2-2

Players to Watch

[​IMG]:team312:Rochester Americans [​IMG]
    @FLYERSfanFURY
    @Studz x 7

[​IMG]:team309:Syracuse Crunch [​IMG]
    @N1ghthors3
    @MetalGhost0

My Prediction:

Rochester
    Wins in 6

Western Central

1. :team363: San Antonio Rampage (49-29-7 104 Pts) vs 4. :team300:Texas Stars (42-34-6 90 Pts)

San Antonio come into the playoffs as the 1st seed in what some would say "the weakest division in the league" but don't let that fool you, this team is riddled with top tier players as well as prennial good guy @Dan Hutton. Lead by @NicoH58, @Motown and @Volt x, this team will be one of the top contenders to come out of this division. The d-core they have built is among the best in the league. The Rampage have stastically the most penalties drawn and still sit 9th in PP%, which is quite impressive and also very scary to the opposition. Not only are they 1st in penalties drawn, they are also 1st in collective Faceoff %. An efficient powerplay coupled with great puck possession makes this team a dangerous threat at all times. Look for guys like @Njdevil0298 and @Americ4n j3sus to shine for the Rampage. If the Texas Stars want to shock the Rampage, and probably most of the LG community, they will need to do so by playing gritty defensive hockey but also trying to stay out of the penalty box, which we all know isn't the easiest thing to do in the game, lead by fan favorite @xxCARUCHxx and @Il VENOMx, this team does have some elite offensive players such as @Hertz x 18 and @Karma I2I that they will rely on to carry them in this series. Overall, it should be interesting to see if San Antonio can continue the trend of drawing the most penalties and if that will be the downfall of the Texas Stars.

Season Series Tied 2-2

Players to Watch

:team363: San Antonio Rampage [​IMG]
    @Njdevil0298
    @Dan Hutton

[​IMG]:team300: Texas Stars [​IMG]
    @Hertz x 18
    @xxCARUCHxx

My Prediction:

San Antonio wins in 4

2. :team362: [​IMG]Iowa Wild (42-32-8 92 Pts) vs 3. :team390:Milwaukee Admirals (41-31-10 92 Pts)

The Iowa Wild managed to squeek out home ice advantage over the Milwaukee Admirals by finishing with one more win. As everyone knows home ice advantage is huge in getting the upperhand in a series by choosing the first two matchups. Iowa Wild, constructed by LG mastermind and rule book afficionado @WMoistIsAPuss will look to build off Mackie's Calder cup finals run last season and this could be the squad to do it. Boasting a well-rounded offense and defense, this team will tough to beat if they can stay consistent and get the matchups that they want. Milwuakee, however, have built a highly skilled team, run by @v FrosTiC and @Brassard x 16, who decided to take their talents from Hershey to Milwaukee this season. Milwaukee is also home to the leagues leading points scorer @Record l77l, who went on a tear in the last week of the season, putting up 18 points in back to back routs to end the regular season. The Admirals also have an abundance of highly skilled forwards and a very strong defense core in front of stand out goalie @I PowerPak I. This series could go either way in my opinion, and it will be intetresting to see the matchups that Mackie can arrange for his squad.

Milwaukee won season series 4-0

Players to Watch

:team362: Iowa Wild [​IMG]
    @Sty l27l
    @WMoistIsAPuss

[​IMG]:team390: Milwuakee Admrials [​IMG]
    @Record l77l
    @The Legacyyyyy

My Prediction:

Milwaukee wins in 7

Western Pacific

1. :team626:Colorado Eagles (53-23-6 112 Pts) vs 4. :team618:[​IMG]Tucson Roadrunners (46-29-7 99 Pts)

The Colorado Eagles just barely managed to claim 1st place in the Western Pacific, edging the Stockton Heat by one win and the San Diego Gulls by one point. This could be huge for them as they will now have home ice advantage through rest of the conference series. Colorado have been built by @SIay x 23 and @I Nylander l who are coming off a successful CHL stint. But don't let the stigma of recent CHLer fool you, these guys can play. Surrounded by talented players and the dynamic duo of @Weavs x 19 and @Beta Dreams, they have also found a great goaltending tandem in @B I N K Y I77I and @LAZYKIDZinGA. This team has all the ingredients to make a series cup run and should the league should be aware. Squeaking into the 4th seed in this division is the Tucson Roadrunners. Built by @KaberIe and @Xx2murph7xX, they have acquired some pretty good forwards themselves. Having to deal with the controversy and banning of their top goaltender Jonas Petterson. This team rebounded nicely and managed to secure a playoff spot, which is impressive. They will be lead by @CroydonKNIGHT9 and @l Volcom x 28 l up front, who should have a good playoff series. Tucson have a very respectable roster but could possibly out muscled by the depth of the Colorado Eagles.

Colorado won season series 4-1

Players to Watch

:team626:Colorado Eagles [​IMG]
    @Scumbag JRich
    @Weavs x 19

:team618:Tucson Roadrunners [​IMG]
    @CroydonKNIGHT9
    @l Volcom x 28 l

My Prediction:

Colorado wins in 6

2. :team516:Stockton Heat (52-22-8 112 Pts) vs 3. :team518:San Diego Gulls (52-23-7 111 Pts)

Perhaps the most stastically even series in the league see the Stockton Heat take on the San Diego Gulls, in what could easily be a conference finals series will be presented to us as a first round matchup. Both teams have built great rosters. Stockton are lead by @Dunks , @Smitterr and @III BELIAL III and consist of a highly skilled group of forwards as well as shut down d men such as @Neil x 25. They brought in @Kelly x 74 and @x Jonny 97x to flank stand out center @Ennis x 63 which has payed off very nicely, look for this line to make a splash in this series for Stockton. San Diego Gulls are run by fellow Newfoundlander @RBK v420 and his AGMs @Slugger921 and @Dublaga. This team has players that seem to have been playing together forever and will look for chemistry to be their driving force in this series and the playoffs. Former Newfoundlander @PROfesser waLsh will look to use his new found west coast connection to this teams advantage. This series should be very intertaining and will play a huge part in shaping the rest of the playoffs for this conference, it could easily go either way and should be fun to watch or be a part of.

Stockton won season series 4-0

Players to Watch

:team516: Stockton Heat [​IMG]
    @Ennis x 63
    @Neil x 25

:team518: San Diego Gulls [​IMG]
    @PROfesser waLsh
    @Grandpa Jagr

My Prediction:

[​IMG]San Diego wins in 7

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Like x 27
    • Winner x 11
    • Get Good x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    datsyukianxdeke
  2. Dreams FF

Dreams FF Free Dreams

Discord:
    dreams2x#0
    Ratings:
    +436 / 86 / -106
    • Troll Troll x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. An AngryFawn

An AngryFawn Yes

Ratings:
    +125 / 8 / -9
    Beautiful write up bro, takes a lot of time to make something like this and I’m sure The league appreciates it. Hopefully we can see one for each round!

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  4. SQUISH l 12 l

SQUISH l 12 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1
    Don’t forget about the other newf here,.. but yeah I’ll have very little to do with success In this series :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Datsyuk709

Discord:
    datsyuk709#0
    Ratings:
    +509 / 18 / -18
    @SQUISH l 12 l i never forgot you. But I knew if I started talking about you. Id never stop :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    datsyukianxdeke
  6. SQUISH l 12 l

SQUISH l 12 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1
    Haha yeah I bet :D good write up though my dude

No Streaming Account
  7. Datsyuk709

Discord:
    datsyuk709#0
    Ratings:
    +509 / 18 / -18
    datsyukianxdeke
  8. Hustlehard0927

Hustlehard0927 Cook

Ratings:
    +172 / 159 / -67
    No love to the league point leading defenseman

• Get Good Get Good x 4
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Dillon_reilly
  9. Smitterr

Smitterr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smitterr#0
    Ratings:
    +540 / 37 / -48
    Why would they? You had 11 losses and led points as a dman. Nothing needs to be mentioned.

• Winner Winner x 2
    Smitter24
  10. KeBrik

KeBrik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -12
    He forgot to mention that he is also top 5 for giveaways

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. Hutty x

Hutty x Hutty x#0567

Ratings:
    +711 / 138 / -101
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. tball619

tball619 Ea: tball612

Discord:
    tball619#4398
    Ratings:
    +113 / 7 / -11
    With a outstanding minus 1.

• Like Like x 2
    yotball
  13. GrittySaves

GrittySaves Well-Known Member

Discord:
    dankdad88#0
    Ratings:
    +838 / 68 / -115
    @PartyDrew got a compliment. Oh no here we go. Well played.

No Streaming Account