Hartford vs Bridgeport Handshake Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Dip City Don, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Dip City Don

Dip City Don AKA Lynn Guini

Discord:
    Don#7945
    Ratings:
    +115 / 6 / -7
    Congratulations to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers for eliminating my beloved wolf pack and advancing to the 2nd round of the playoffs. @Gumba l11l , @SpruceMoose91 and @Gthumbz42o built an extremely well balanced team that managed to shutdown our high powered offense. As some would say "Hartford fell into the trap". Our teams produced a few "Games of the Night" and some insane goals to either tie or win it. I appreciate Bridgeport streaming every game. The players in the OT games weren't the only ones having heart attacks. It was an amazing series.

In total, Bridgeport had 13 goals and Hartford had 9.

I'd like to nominate @mochez18 as the series MVP posting a 91.2 Sv% with a 1.22 GAA while going 3-0-1. He faced 68 shots and allowed 6 goals.

Bridgeport has great leadership, depth, chemistry and most of all... that trap.

To my fellow wolves, what a great season. This is the best team I've ever been on and am honored to have helped manage it. Good luck to everyone in the future.

Congratulations to @Zaathal on an amazing season.

I'm gonna say it - @LukeForceWalker is a top 5 LD in the AHL. Who carried who?

And thank you to Luke and @Samuel Hinkie for always keeping me and Ninja in line. We couldn't have made it this far without you guys.

@m3x1cAn NiNjA you're the vinegar to my honey

Good Luck the rest of the way, Bridgeport.

-Don

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    DipCityDon
  2. Gthumbz42o

Gthumbz42o Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gthumbz42o#1892
    Ratings:
    +294 / 11 / -19
    @Dip City Don @m3x1cAn NiNjA you guys built a solid team and were a tough opponent to play against with your lethal offense and deadly power play. @LukeForceWalker @Zaathal congrats on the solid seasons, @ALPHA Crank @TheGreech you guys are solid goalies good luck in the future. You guys all made it tough on us every game in the series and each game was decided in ot or by a bounce or two in either teams direction (those ot games were sweaty). To the rest of the Hartford squad good luck in the future to you all and I hope to see the management crew back in Hartford next season!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Gthumbz
  3. TheGreech

TheGreech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 15 / -15
    Congrats Bridgeport, I was super impressed with your team's commitment to the trap and rebound control on both ends of the ice. You guys have the right plan for this game and you earned this victory by sticking to it. Good luck the rest of the way!

To me, LG (just like the real NHL) is about the stories that happen off the ice. Here are a couple things that were on my mind during this series:

- Some of us on this team were on the Marlies last season, and we were eliminated in a game 6 then too... the opposing goalie was @mochez18 in that game as well. I was quietly looking to even the score but I fell short. Props sir, you have your shit together and I expect to see you in the NHL next season.

- S27 was my first season as an LG goalie. I was backup for @mikehogie on Oshawa in the CHL. I learned a ton from Mike and we are still good buddies 4 seasons later. It's impressive to see that a quality goaltender can pivot to LD and have the kind of impact that he had in this series. You are bringing a good name to teal bud. I'm just glad you didn't score on me when you had the chance!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    greech11
  4. ItsHorvat

ItsHorvat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +612 / 38 / -48
    Great series, stressful games I played in... Both late OT games, both near heart attacks, both gave me hard ons... Very good competition playing you guys, as annoying as the trap was, it was fun to go against it and work at getting better. All the luck the rest of the way! @Joonetic sucks. See you next season

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  5. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    Glad I was apart of this team for two weeks!

LG_Voracek
  6. mikehogie

mikehogie Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Mikehogie#2697
    Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -8
    For one week, I didn’t hate playing this game. Going against a really skilled group and some old friends finally brought enjoyable, competitive hockey. Thank you my friends in Hartford

Also @TeachMe18 stinks and is carried by the grittiest @B Tep55566

mikehogie
  7. TheGreech

TheGreech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 15 / -15
    Teachme scored twice on me :(

greech11
  8. mochez18

mochez18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -3
    Thanks for the kind words guys @Dip City Don @TheGreech great series, my butthole was clenched during those OTs.

Sorry @TheGreech for knocking you out again, maybe we will see each other in the nhl next season, maybe we could even be a goalie tandem

@TheGreech thabks for letting teach me score he’s our make a wish player this season.

Shoutout to @ALPHA Crank great goalie and a great sportsmanship after every game

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    mochez18