S10 Central Division Standings Prediction/Write Up

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by MrPurpleCrush, Feb 17, 2019.

1. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    Let's get right into it!

1) Colorado Avalanche

Well I'll start off by saying that I prevented this team from having the best line in the league (Eastons/Chyz/BBK), but regardless this team is going to do fine and I fully expect that they'll be at, or near the top of the standings once again. Their first two lines should dominate as they usually do, lead by Eastons and BBK on the wings with the newly acquired Girgs in the middle on a nice 1 mil contract. Grzzhl/Nav/Brayden on west give this team a 2nd first line that will give teams a hard time trying to play against them. Something that seems to plague this team is their 3rd line but it's looking pretty good to start the season with PaulyChunks/Alans/Hypey.

On defence Reactionz is back. Idk how much NHL 19 he's played, but seeing some of the other contracts in bidding, 7.75 could end up being a steal. After acquiring Lafleur I had to go back and edit this, but him and Reactionz are going to be the top pair now and it just makes Colorado's top line much harder to beat than it already was. Jladen is on a great contract coming off of 18 and 17 win seasons and he'll be playing with Jayvee who is on the final season of his cheap 1 mil contract after sitting out S9. Pearl is making the jump from Colorado's AHL team last season and will be playing with Thusk who is back for the first time since S3. With how good the offence is this team really didn't need to be great defensively but Nav did a good job of putting 3 solid dpairs together.

In net is where this team may have issues. They have Endrit and Brett both at 500k. Endrit last played in S7 where he had mediocre stats and Brett had one good season on a stacked s5 Dallas team but didnt look so hot in the playoffs.

2) Minnesota Wild

I'll start off by saying I think Baris should have GM'd at RD. I think it would have helped make it easier for them in bidding, but regardless I think this team did a really good job. Their top 2 lines are Whoareu/Baris/Riv and Jake/Cage/Palmer. Not “Colorado good” in terms of top 6 forwards but definitely good enough to rack up a good chunk of wins. LivebySin/TylerHayward/Hobo is the 3rd line and while Im not a fan of it, as long as they arent absolute trash this team should do good, but it might be an area Minny looks to improve upon. Played a couple games with Sin prior to bidding, and like a lot of guys in NHL 19, lay off the r1 button.

On defence they acquired Kipper, who is someone I have enjoyed playing with whenever I get the chance. Good thing for him, he's got a D partner that's apparently better than me. In all seriousness though, Smirk is a very good defensive defenceman. Combine that with a good offensive defenceman like Kipper and you should have a good top pair (Just let Kipper break the puck out). They got Seed and Lajikel at a combined 7 mil which for a 2nd pair is solid but this is where I think Baris on RD would be more efficient for this team. It would allow them to go get a big C in bidding, and Baris wouldnt need a top notch partner to make that pair successful. BossRoss and AgentPC is a nice cheap 3rd pair that should be very reliable for the Wild.

In net Minny has Leafs and Tabbs as a tandem. Leafs has really proven himself over the last 2 seasons as a legit #1 and I've heard a lot of good things about Tabbs.

3) St. Louis Blues

Despite me not agreeing with the 7 Mil on White Knucklerz as I'm sure basically everyone doesn't, I think they'll still make the playoffs. Prime likely has most of the control over this team, and I feel like that allows him to be more comfortable over the course of the season. These 2 however need to play well or else this team could head downhill in a hurry. I like the depth on both wings that this team has and I think it's gonna be what helps this team stay competitive. Jmarz and Prime have played a lot together and that wont change as they'll be the 1st line along with SM71. They had a combined 78 PIM's last season though. Stop being idiots when it comes to hitting r1 and you'll have a lot more success this season than you did last. DucksFan/WK/PierTalent and Barcode/Nelly/TactFeezy are the other 2 lines. I like the skill and depth this team has on the wings but again, WhiteKnucklerz is going to be the key. If he doesnt perform well this team wont, and considering the amount of people who disagreed with the contract, I dont think anyone would wanna trade for him.

Beale will lead the way on defence and he'll be playing with Duece. I think this is a great pair because Beale can take Duece under his wing and allow him to comfortably work on improving different parts of his game. ChrisTastik will play with Zanetti and Leblanc will play with Nardo which makes all 3 dpairs very balanced. Like with Beale, Chris and Nardo also have a good amount of LG experience but when it comes to their partners, Zanetti is a draft pick and Leblanc doesnt have much NHL experience.

In net, the blues are going with 2 500k goalies in Howard and Newokcid. Howard did a good job as the backup last season and will be the starter this season. Newokcid has had 2 sub par NHL seasons but was a part of the dominant s6 Barracuda team that Beale was on.

4) Dallas Stars

If I did a Central write up last season it was gonna start off with, “WTF CHIEF” because KB decided to randomly drop 5 mil on Chief when he was sitting at around 2 mil. For this season “WTF POTSIE” doesnt make sense, but HOLY SHIT JACK..... 13 Mil for Jakoo! That is a lot and if the 500k guys cant step up to the plate, this team will struggle. The 2 500k forwards that I like on this team are Colt and Stavio. Colt is definitely worth it and despite Stavio being Stavio, I think he's worth it too. I question though whether KB is gonna be able to deal with Stavio if things go downhill. The first 2 forward lines look great though with KB/Smurf together on 1 and Charmop/Jakoo on the other.

On defence this team might have some problems. The lone bright spot is ZdBall at 6 Mil. Now..... I guess I'll say it anyways, WTF POTSIE? Back to back seasons KB puts 5 on a dman that is sitting at 2 mil, that wont go for more than 3.5. I've played with Potsie only a handful of times and he's solid defensively, but never in my life have I seen a dman one touch pass to me as much as him. I hope for his sake he's actually decent at breaking out the puck because the 4, 500k dmen that are on this roster sure as hell aint gonna do it for him. Also if he and ZdBall are partners.... That's another mess in itself when it comes to the other 2 pairs.

In net FlightAirline is the starter and this guy consistently plays 6 per week. Since S6 Flight Airline has played 214 games. The maximum he could have played is 220. Im curious as to who is next closest to him when it comes to that stat. Mikemoran will be the backup again after a solid S9.

5) Winnipeg Jets

Ryan returns to being and owner and decides he's gonna play RW. Never seen him on wing but usually when goalie owners come out of net it doesnt turn out too good for the most part. He'll be playing with Sobo and DankChank. I dont know anything about DankChank and he hasnt played since S4, but they got him at 8.25 mil so he's gonna have to put the backpack on for this line. Tgil is the GM of this team and will be playing with LaPlante and HopelessPylon. Though not the most dynamic line, they have a solid two way C, very good scoring RW, and nice cheap support LW. The 3rd line looks like it has the potential to be good too. Jedi and Untuchabl are nice 500k pickups on each wing and MaxTheKiller is coming off a dominant CHL season.

On defence is where this team looks really weak. The Jets picked up Bbunny who is not a natural dman, at 6.25 mil and he'll be playing with Chaskin. Chaskin on the 1st pair is not ideal but neither are the other 4 dmen they have. HitByTheBest will play with Mueller who finished 10-11-3 in the CHL last season (Although he did have 24 assists) and Stamkos will play with Kroeger on the 3rd pair. Teams might be licking their chops when getting an opportunity to play Winnipeg's bottom 2 dapirs so they're going to have to play very good team defence to help out a pretty weak dcore.

In net they acquired Viper who had an ok season despite being on a sub par Ottawa team and got Desy93 who should be a reliable backup goalie.

6) Nashville Predators

Considering Agger didnt have much to work with, I dont think he did that bad of a job. His big acquisitions on forward were Tommy and OrangeChiken at a combined 13.25 mil. They're gonna be heavily relied upon to help get this team wins. Wally has a new home for the first time since S6, and wont have Rico on his opposite wing anymore either so ill be interested to see how he does. DaneilEPS is a solid support winger but will have Bonwl who didnt manage to eclipse 40 points in either of his first 2 seasons, and Parihse who is one of the highly touted first round picks from this draft. All 3 are gonna have to exceed expectations and play well together to take some pressure off the first line. Im not a big fan of the third line. I've played with Jawoba, Bert and nickybee and while they're not terrible, all 3 play a very north/south CHL/AHL game. If that continues, they might have some problems against better lines.

On defence RbCressor is GM and they acquired DrFurryNips via trade prior to bidding. These are the top 2 dmen on this roster and if you're gonna have these guys as your top 2, having good depth behind them would be a good idea. Instead, both are probably going to have their work cut out for them because the other 4 barely have NHL experience. Markz had 1 decent season back in S7 with the Sharks. Dreamkiller, Patriot and BrandonUtd are really going to have to prove their worth, otherwise this team might struggle defensively. Nashville was also dealt a blow when Tbeat was banned. An even bigger blow knowing FlapJack was traded to get the pick used to take Tbeat. Thanks for that though Agger :)

In net the Preds picked up MajorLazer Who is coming off a very good AHL season and Agger who decides to be smart this season and play goalie.

7) Chicago Blackhawks

Where to start with this team? Well, Raz roster dropped his son, and adopted Dudester. First season ever Raz will not have Reps on his team. Anyways, 15.75 mil was spent on Sudzy and Bento who should automatically be entered into the S10 Bill Masterton Award sweepstakes. F. They'll be playing together with Fishhure so at least this team has one line that might be able to compete. Dudester/JamesCoyle/FrankPompei will be the 2nd line and all 3 guys are better served as support players on a line. When you have 3 of them together on your 2nd line, the only thing you're likely supporting is a win for the opposing team. Lapointe/FirePenguin/Jiccy are on the third line. I'll just move onto the defence now.

On defence they went out and got 3 west guys while not having a west forward line. Bold strategy. Sik and Nitram are capable of being top 4 dmen but the others are 3rd pair guys at best. Samurai-Siaki is a nice guy who was carried on Toronto's west line last season. OhhCrosby could be a decent 3rd pair option on the right team but he's not someone I'd wanna listen too all game long. Raz, I dont really know what to say. Im just gonna not drag this on longer than it needs to be even though it already is.

In net they got the Stanley Cup winning goalie from the Xbox side last season in Murray. I hope you enjoyed that because this will be a complete 360. Soupy will back him up, and I feel bad because he could have been Florida's backup but Chicago went 750k on him.

That does it for the Central Division. Atlantic will be next tomorrow at some point and although I was hoping to get all 4 out before games start, the Pacific will probably be on Monday. Still looking to get feedback from some more Atlantic and Pacific team Owners/GMs. It would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 28
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  2. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    Fearless @Cage approves this message.

• Like Like x 4
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Silva l15I

Silva l15I Bigs

Ratings:
    +321 / 28 / -161
    Mike Moran :confused:

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. zRobb-_-

zRobb-_- The Wayne Gretzky of sexual stuff

Ratings:
    +448 / 35 / -101
    :team30: Let’s get wild

• Like Like x 5
    robshere
  5. Jade_Dragoon_

Jade_Dragoon_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Jade Dragoon#6253
    Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -17

This made me laugh.

• Like Like x 1
    trizzelpigporker
  6. dparans

dparans West is best

Discord:
    dparans#8064
    Ratings:
    +56 / 3 / -2
    360° is a complete circle, as we all know, but predicting Chicago for the cup while also being last in their division that's #bold.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    crymeariver19
  7. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    why was tbeat banned?

icallsowhat55
  8. Nardo x 19

Nardo x 19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Nardo#4259
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -2
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. jayvee2k1

jayvee2k1 xoxo

Discord:
    jayvee#9422
    Ratings:
    +147 / 3 / -10
    These are some of the best write-ups I’ve read on this site. Really nice work, Cody. We all appreciate the time and effort it takes you to do these.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    jayvee95
  10. Fishhure

Fishhure Turtle Enthusiast

Ratings:
    +99 / 17 / -30
    Enjoyed the write up

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. ejanzen88

ejanzen88 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 15 / -28
    ejanzen88
  12. BrandonUtd

BrandonUtd Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BrandonUtd#4965
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -3
    2x snp finalist here

BrandonUtd
  13. OGPotsie

OGPotsie Well-Known Member

Discord:
    OGPotsie#7620
    Ratings:
    +164 / 10 / -12
    If you're 3.5m coming off of a 12 -16 season I surely have to be worth 3.5 in a league as depleted as lgpsn. Can't say I ever remember playing with you purple crush but your LG numbers are pretty pedestrian . Maybe you should start one touch passing it some more

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    • Dumb x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    OGPotsie
  14. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    Cody is probably 3x better than you.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  15. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    Was a good write-up.

You're entitled to your own opinion but If you think OGPotsie isn't worth more than 3.5M in this weak defense pool that PS4 is known for, then I don't know what to tell you.

5M for him is a great price when looking at some other prices that dman went for this season in bidding.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. OGPotsie

Discord:
    OGPotsie#7620
    Ratings:
    +164 / 10 / -12
    Hats off for all the write ups. LG is better with more media related stuff

• Like Like x 1
    OGPotsie
  17. xChyzz

xChyzz Average Player, Exceptional Human Being

Discord:
    Chyz#5743
    Ratings:
    +520 / 18 / -36
    You can always compare to shitty contracts, doesnt mean its a good one..

• Like Like x 2
    Chyz
  18. OGPotsie

Discord:
    OGPotsie#7620
    Ratings:
    +164 / 10 / -12
    Isn't that true Mr 9.5

• Funny Funny x 1
    OGPotsie
  19. matthuot87