Media [S32 W1] Behind The Numbers

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ThatZachGuy, Feb 23, 2019.

1. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    I decided to jump on the Media train for this season. I've been trying to decide what to do and I've come up with breaking down the top 3 scorers on offense & defense per week while also looking into the top 3 goalies of the week. Skaters are ranked by points while goalies are ranked by save percentage.

** These are my opinions and if you are butt hurt because of what I say, I don't care. :) **

OFFENSE
    T1. :team314: @l Stastny26 l - 13P [2G 11A] - Stastny went 2-1 on the week. His wins came against Utica :team410: (2-6-1) & Charlotte :team393: (3-5-1). Furtermore his win against Utica comes against 5 players who only won 1 game each this week and a goalie who has a 68.5 SV% and over a 4.0 GAA. The win against Charlotte should have been a tougher test, but goalie play was lacking this week. Stastny's only loss came against the division leading Sound Tigers :team315: (8-1-0) where he put up his lowest point total of the week (2). Albeit was against a very strong core 5 and a goalie who was a perfect 6-0 in week 1.

T1. :team312: @VincentVael - 13P [6G 7A] - Like Stastny above, Vincent had the same sort of results. He too had 2 wins against underwhelming teams Toronto :team298: (2-7-0) & Cleveland :team317: (3-5-1) and 1 loss against a good team in Wilkes-Barre :team301: (6-3-0). The Marlies line has combined for 2 wins and 6 points this season! The Monsters game presented some decent players overall to Vincent, but he and his linemates were able to conquer @Mastadon31 between the pipes who has played well so far. Vincent was able to hold his own though in a 6-3 loss to the Baby Pens. He tallied a point on each goal and was playing against a great grouping of guys who went undefeated last week, including the goalie @Glachs .

T1. :team303: @RemmyDarko - 13P [5G 8A] - Remmy has shown to be very good at putting up the points in his career. He ended week 1 with a 2-1 record and not to sound like a broken record, but his 2 wins came aganst some mediocre teams. The first win came against the last place Thunderbirds :team617: (3-5-1) and the second against a mixture of the same Cleveland :team317: team that I mentioned for Vincent. That Sringfield Thunderbirds team looks like it has some early issues and even their goalie @GoalsGranted quit the league after week 1. Remmy's only loss came to the same Wilkes-Barre :team301: line that I mentioned above, but with a different dman (who only had 1 win compared to the 3 of the guy he replaced).

T1. :team515: @KaberIe - 13P [8G 5A] - My linemate Kaberle had himself a nice week. After beginning the season with a loss to Manitoba :team307: (6-3-0), he was able to secure 2 wins against Texas :team300: (3-4-2) & Grand Rapids :team299: (5-4-1). The Moose are leading their division and the 5-man line Kaberle played went 10-5 with a combined 28 points. The win...I mean ass kicking that was given to the Stars came against a couple of their leading scorers, but that doesn't really mean too much given how low those points are. The win to end the week against the Griffins should be looked at with a shrug of the shoulders. @Binger has some good stats to begin the season in net. So to be able to get 3 points and a win is nice, but the 5-man line in front of him is a combined 0-15.

DEFENSE
    1. :team314: @Daddy Dill0n - 10P [1G 9A] - The man who everyone loves to gang up on in the chatbox, put together a 2-1 week. Now there is no need to repeat myself as Daddy Dillion played with Stastny for all of his games, therefore making me not have to go into details about his games. I will give him some props for not taking any penalties in all 3 of his games this week. I'd also like to point out that Dillion had a +4 TA/GA in his loss to Bridgeport :team315:. We should mention the combined -13 TA/GA in the wins against Utica :team410: & Charlotte :team393:. I'm going to chalk it up to being bored and trying to do too much in blowout wins.

2. [​IMG] @Dimitri x 91 - 8P [1G 7A] - Our first 3-0 guy to grace this thread. Dimitri's wins came against Bakersfield :team515: (4-5-0), San Jose :team519: (7-2-0), & Iowa :team362: (5-2-2). The win against the Condors wasn't even close. It was an ass kicking. Bakersfield's 5-man line combined to be 0-15 with 7 points on the week. I'd have to categorize the win against the Barracuda as another ass kicking based on the score, but maybe it was some more EA things or just capitalizing on chances based on what the team stats looks like. I'd also like to think this win came against the 3rd line units of San Jose and their backup goalie. The Wild game was an ass kicking. Even though they too look like they threw out their 2ndish or 3rd line. I have to give it to Dimitri though. 3 for 3 in shutouts and no penalty minutes. Gotta work on that TA/GA though.

T3. :team519: @Some Pylon - 6P [0G 6A] - We have ourselves another 3-0er on the week. Rockford :team349: (2-4-3), San Antonio :team363: (6-3-0), & Tucson :team618: (5-4-0) were the victims. I'll can't really give Pylon much credit for the Rockford win as yeah it was against their top 3 goal scorers (high of 7 pts), but they had 2 ECU dmen playing. Nice shutout against the Rampage, but agains more ECU's. This time on offense. Those guys have some decent experience, but yeah nothing to be scared about. Finally, the win against Tucson was probably the best win because there were no ECU's. It's almost like playing 6 against 5 though because all @Samkos91 does for Tucson is cherry pick ;).

T3. :team315: @x BeIt - 6P [2G 4A] - We are rolling with the 3-0 records now. I like to see it. With wins over Toronto :team298:, Providence :team352: (5-2-2), and Wilkes-Barre :team301:, Belt helped his team to being first in the division. Nothing to say about the 8-0 win over the Marlies. They are just a bad team right now. A very nice OT win against the Bruins in what looked to be a defensive battle. Only 14 shots combined for both teams. While the Bruins have their points spread throughout their team, the line Belt played against had no regulation losses. The Baby Pens threw out their 3rd liners to party with the Sound Tigers and it didn't work out well for them. Belt and crew cruised to a comfortable win and only allowing 5 shots on net.

T3. :team312: @adidaht88 - 6P [0G 6A] - Why not round out the dman with another 3 win week. Adidaht pulled out wins against Hartford :team314: (6-2-1), Toronto :team298:, & Binghamton :team303: (4-5-0). The win against the Wolfpack came against the 8mil man @Im4thLineWorthy and his Robin, @Scumbag Jared . A nice, close OT game that had the Wolfpack with more TOA, but only 7 shots compared to 17. Maybe they were the turds that we all love. Either way, a nice game for Adidaht with 2 points and a -1 TA/GA. Toronto is not worth mentioning. Sensing a pattern there? At first glace at the Binghamton game, you'd think that line of theirs would do okay. Well they went 0-15 this week combined. That's a yikes! Also, not a big win for Adidaht like the Wolfpack win.

GOALIE (min 4 GP)

1. :team519: @TripAcez - 93.1 SV% [4-1-0 0.80 GAA] - Wins against Texas :team300:, SanAntonio :team363:, Tucson :team618:, & San Diego :team518: (5-4-0) and a loss against Grand Rapids :team299:. The Stars win came against a team that is on the struggle bus and started off the season against TripAcez and the Barracuda with an ECU goalie. The same thing I said with Pylon and his wins against the Rampage & Roadrunners can be inserted right here as well. 2 ECU's on offense for the Rampage. Enough said. Samkos cherry picking for the Roadrunners. Enough said. The win against the Gulls was a decent win in my opinion. 2 good offensive players that will probably play better than they did in week 1. Maybe chemistry issues with an ECU winger, but 8 shots isn't going to get the job done. Trip stopped all 8 in what we call an ass kicking. The loss the Griffins came to a mixture line maybe as @l Bolts x 91 l has played with 2 different lines in his 4 games. Either way a 2-1 loss is nothing to be too upset over. You outshoot a team 20-8 and lose. The guy on the other end just played lights out.

2. :team309: @keatsauce - 91.9 SV% [4-1-0 1.12 GAA] - Keater is back in the 'Cuse after a great S31. He starts off S32 with 4 wins against Belleville :team777: (3-5-1), Utica :team410:, Laval :team778: (1-8-0). & Providence :team352:. Keatsauce's only loss came to Wilkes-Barre :team301: in a 1-0 fashion. It looks like he faced some 3rd liners, but it was the offense of the Crunch that couldn't get anything going. A very nice win for Keatsauce against the defending champion Senators. They have a lot of talent on that team so I am not sure which number line Keatsauce faced, but he did go up against some of their leading point scorers. The Utica win was yet again against their leading point scorers. There wasn't much rubber thrown in Keatsauce's direction though. I have no words to say about Laval. Nice GM, bad at making teams, but at least tries and doesn't give up. The final win of the week came against the Bruins in 3OT. Keatsauce stopped 27 of 28 shots and while I didn't see the game, I heard that there were some incredible saves made. Providence did have a mixture of some solid point scorers with some questionable scoring ability players.

3. :team312: @GoalieBro - 89.8 SV% [5-1-0 1.49 GAA] - GoalieBro is the #1 goalie for the Americans and he showed it this week. I'll give a little shoutout to his tandem netminder @PHJ314 though for his amazing undefeated week 1 with a 94.7 SV% and 0.67 GAA. The wins for GoalieBro came against Hartford :team314:, Toronto :team298:, Belleville :team777:, Cleveland :team317:, and Brideport :team315:. The lone loss was to Wilkes-Barre :team301:. The Hartford win came against 4thLine and the boys which I've already went over when talking about Adidaht. I'm going to hard pass on the Marlies. The win against Belleville came against their worst line statistically and record wise. So I am not really sure what to think of that one. The Cleveland line was mentioned all the way in the beginning when I talked about Vincent. They have some known names, but maybe it just hasn't clicked yet and they need to work on that chemistry factor. The last win of the week does come against the division leading Sound Tigers, but 2 ECU's playing with a combined -29 TA/GA and a backup goalie doesn't make me see that win as dominant as it could have been if it was played against better people. Finally, the loss against the Baby Pens was also mentioned with Vincent's write up, and again that line was undefeated and were playing very well this week. When you play those types of teams, you need your team defense to be solid all around and your goalie to make some of those crazy saves.

• Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    this is great

• Useful Useful x 1
    Krvstoffer
  3. TripAcez

TripAcez Aye Stop De Puck

Discord:
    TripAcez#0388
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -10
    Wow. In depth, numbers backing it up, your homework was done and extra credit given! Loved the read! In the words of someone no one can seem to ever see, “never give up!”

Keep it up!

• Like Like x 2
    TripAcez
  4. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,684 / 42 / -118
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. JTRv91

JTRv91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jtrv91#0
    Ratings:
    +554 / 14 / -36
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,753 / 76 / -125
    Really well done @ThatZachGuy I will endeavor to make your list one of these weeks!

• Informative Informative x 1
    notoriousfat00
  7. Hustlehard0927

Hustlehard0927 Cook

Ratings:
    +172 / 159 / -67
    I can't wait to read about my self every week

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Get Good x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Winner x 1
    Dillon_reilly
  8. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    Top points*** Can’t imagine top scorer is Stastny with 2Gs ;)

Just teasing man, good stuff @ThatZachGuy

No Streaming Account
  9. Some Pylon

Some Pylon Some Pylon

Discord:
    Some Pylon#1484
    Ratings:
    +134 / 12 / -15
    shitter here. good read

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    SomePylon