S32 Week 2 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by k-fed, Mar 1, 2019.

1. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Week 2 Power Rankings:

1. Colorado Eagles (13-3-2) LW: 14 - The eagles make the biggest jump in the power rankings this week jumping all the way to number 1. They almost had a 9-0 week but settled for 8-0-1 in a heartbreaking loss to the devils although being in the game they shouldn’t have lost it. They have three legit lines, they’re number 1.

2. Bridgeport Sound Tigers (14-4) LW: 2 – B-port stays number 2 not because of the 6 wins they had but the 3 losses. Notably Rockford and Chicago, good teams need to beat the bad ones.

3. Stockton Heat (13-4-1) LW: 6 – Last week I said it wouldn’t be long until the heat are in the top five. At the end of week 2 they are number 3. Charlotte was the dunce of week 1 being Laval’s only win, Stockton gets the dunce hat in week 2 for losing to Laval.

4. Syracuse Crunch (12-5-1) LW: 5 - Despite having a down week the crunch move up due to WBS falling out. The crunch move up not only because of this but wins over the wolf pack and a four nothing shutout over the cuda.

5. San Jose Barracuda (12-5-1) LW: 3 - The cuda drop two spots only because the two teams dropping them had better week numbers and or played tougher competition and won those games. But in a loaded pacific division they can’t be counted out.

6. Rochester Americans (12-6-0) LW: 1 – The Americans fall out of the top five due to a disappointing week in which they dropped five games including losses to the Marlies and Bears. They still lead the league with a +34-goal differential.

7. Hartford Wolf Pack (12-5-1) LW: 7 – The pack stay at 7 because they didn’t play any teams of significance except for San Antonio and Syracuse and they lost them both. That LD on your team is one-point shy of the team lead which isn’t good. You guys know what offense is right?

8. Iowa Wild (11-5-2) LW: 12 – Second place in the division at the close of week 1 the wild came away with six wins in week two good enough to earn them first at the close of week 2. They have a hole to fix left behind by jayson29 who’s AHL career was a brief “Hit and Run.” Not surprising that Mackie’s teams have a history of losing a management member early on.

9. San Antonio Rampage (11-6-1) LW: 9 - I’m going to keep the rampage at 9 because they had wins over Hartford and WBS. However, they had losses to Springfield and Bakersfield. They still have a goal diff of +5 there 4-2-1 record in one goal games makes this an easy choice.

10. Manitoba Moose (11-6-1) LW: 8 – The moose round out the top 10 this week with five wins. They faced some tough competition which kept them from getting more. But these guys know how to score with 70 goals through 18 games. Next closest team is 65.

11. Ontario Reign (11-6-1) LW: 18 Making another big jump in week 2 was the reign who brought the reign to the Eastern North. Wins over Manitoba, Rochester and Syracuse paved the way from a subpar week 1 to a 7-2 week in week 2.

12. Grand Rapids Griffins (10-7-2) LW: 11 The Griff’s had a tough week with some pretty good teams and a couple tough losses. However, they ended the week on a three-game winning streak including a victory over the next team on this list...

13. Lehigh Valley Phantoms (11-7-0) LW: 16 – The phantoms only good win of the week comes at the expense of the rampage. Overall, they did what they were supposed to and beat up on the little guys. They hopped three teams from week 1 into 3rd in the division to close week 2.

14. Binghamton Devils (10-8-0) LW: 20 – I have the devils ahead of the roadrunners for the fact they had more quality wins over opponents then they did. Even though Tucson beat the devils 1-0 their other wins on the week were just expected. They beat Syracuse, SJ, Ontario and Colorado to secure a 6-3 week.

15. Tucson Roadrunners (10-7-1) LW: 13 – A bad loss to the monsters kept these roadrunners from having their own six-win week. They also had tough losses against Rochester and Syracuse to open the week. But they won all three games on Wednesday to secure themselves a winning win and by staying inside the top 15.

16. San Diego Gulls (9-6-3) LW: 17 – Even having a five-game losing stream in the middle of your week didn’t derail these guys too terribly. They stay two points out of a playoff spot in an ultra-stacked west division. I believe Ontario was 6th last week and was 2nd or 3rd before dropping there last two and settling for 4th. Anything can happen in this division.

17. Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins (9-8-1) LW: 4 – Suffering the biggest drop of the week was the baby pens. I gave them a lot of love in week 1 and they dropped the ball in week 2 with six losses. They’ll need to regroup when they play the Eastern North in week 3 again if they want to move back up.

18. Chicago Wolves (9-7-2) LW: 28 – Sportfreak’s wolves make the jump into the top 20 this week after a brutal week 1 by Matheson’s wolves. It must have been sport’s secret stuff (water) that got the boys to play so well. Wins over Bridgeport, San Diego, Wbs and Providence were key in them making up some ground in the division.

19. Providence Bruins (8-7-3) LW: 10 – The B’s faltered in week 2 by grabbing only three wins against the comets, griffins and hogs. They go back to the Eastern North again in week 3 where they had limited success in week 1. Will they drop off some more? Or will they climb the rankings and look to get back to the top 10.

20. Bakersfield Condors (9-9-0) LW: 19 – The condors finished week 1 at 4-5 but had a winning week in week 2 to finish at 9-9. They had big wins over San Antonio, Binghamton and Syracuse. But losses to Toronto and Utica leave much to be desired. They get the powerhouse Western Pacific in full for week 3. Will they prove they belong? Or will they stay in the cellar?

21. Charlotte Checkers (8-8-2) LW: 25 – I really did not want to put the checkers ahead of the bears since they still have the current tiebreaker after two short weeks however Charlotte did have a winning week and beat all the teams that Hershey could not. Moist’s line is winning but the rest of his team is not the secondary depth will be whether they get into the top 20 for week 3 or not.

22. Hershey Bears (8-9-1) LW: 15 – The bears after having an average week 1 had a down week in week 2. With crushing losses to Milwaukee and Texas both with losing records they did manage to beat Rochester for their only credible win on the week. They have an easy beginning of week 3 before running into some top teams. Will they get back into the top 20?

23. Utica Comets (6-11-1) LW: 29 - The comets make the biggest jump of the bottom teams solely because all the teams at this point had 3 wins or less on the week and the comets were the only losing team to have a 4-win week. They did pull upsets on SJ and Stockton to end the week perhaps they can build off this going into week 3.

24. Belleville Senators (6-10-2) LW: 21 - What’s wrong with the sens? I still want to give them love because they’re the defending champs, but they have all sorts of issues. Granpapuff was just waived and a four-game losing streak doomed week 1 and now a five-game losing streak in week 2. To their credit they played a lot of competition, but the best win was Ontario. A lot of weak teams in week 3 to get back up the standing. Lucky for them the division is so weak they still have a playoff spot currently.

25. Springfield Thunderbirds (6-10-2) LW: 26 - The birds move up only because everyone else got worse. They started the week off 2-1 poised to prove they belong however it was all for naught. Cause Tuesday rolled around, and they lost all three including a 1-0 shutout to Rockford, oof. Week three doesn’t look to be any easier.

26. Texas Stars (6-10-2) LW: 22 – When I look at the stars I see three former NHL players as management who can’t get it going. Two unsuccessful weeks in a row and they find themselves going backwards in the power rankings for week 2. They started the week off with a whopping 6-1 W over Hartford and then wins over Hershey and Providence. Then they dropped six in a row including Springfield. With a combo of both west divisions in week 3 it won’t get any better.

27. Milwaukee Admirals (6-11-1) LW: 27 – The admirals get six points in week 1 and seven points in week 2. Not what you want to see from these guys with all the leadership and skill they have up. These guys were a playoff team in s31 and now they sit in last of the Central behind a team that only had two wins in week 1. Get. It. Together.

28. Rockford Ice Hogs (5-10-4) LW: 23 – The hogs would be higher if not for all the OTL’s because that’s four more points they could have had that would have them tied for 5th in the division instead of one point ahead of last. They had three wins in week 2 which is a small improvement over the two-win week 1. They get their own division in week 3 where they have the chance to really make up ground.

29. Cleveland Monsters (5-11-2) LW: 24 – The monsters drop with an unimpressive week two where they had just two wins. Two different three game losing streaks to begin the week and end the week didn’t help them much. With only wins sandwiched in the middle being Springfield and Tucson these guys are finding themselves lose more and more ground each week. These guys are too good to be putting in these weeks much like Belleville they’ll need to figure it out quickly before it’s too late.

30. Toronto Marlies (5-12-1) LW: 30 – The Marlies won three games in week two which is a step in the right direction. But not enough to move them from this spot. Statistically speaking they are the 30th best team in the league so therefore they are the 30th team in the PR. With a combo of the Eastern divisions coming in week 3 don’t expect Toronto to move from this spot any time soon.

NR. Laval Rocket (2-16-0) LW: 31 – Couple fun facts. You have as many points as Bridgeport and Stockton have regulation losses and your second win was against Stockton! You also have as many points as Rockford has OTL’s. On the bright side at least, you’re 2-2 in one goal games. That’s something to be proud of in Laval. With the North ahead in week 3 will they get back to that coveted 31 spot?

Biggest Moves: Colorado 13 spots, Chicago 10 spots and Ontario 7 spots.

Biggest Drops: WBS 13 spots, Hershey 7 spots and Rochester 5 spots.

Bonus: Laval dropped from 31st to unranked this week.

• Like Like x 26
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    At least I didn't ban the AGM this time? :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    iMackie21
  3. Larsbone

Larsbone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Larsbone#9887
    Ratings:
    +201 / 21 / -8
    Damn, thought we would be higher.

• Winner Winner x 1
    larsbone
  4. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. Focus TF

Focus TF CT 66 Makes Me Nervous.

Discord:
    focustf#0
    Ratings:
    +937 / 38 / -72
    GG :team778:

• Creative Creative x 1
    GiroFocus
  6. BaduIov

BaduIov Well-Known Member

Discord:
    badulov#6442
    Ratings:
    +6 / 3 / -2
    zaywaymane
  7. xxSavageDave

xxSavageDave Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +195 / 15 / -16
    Damnit. Really thought we would hold that 31 spot :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    Lightxdownydav3
  8. Hustlehard0927

Hustlehard0927 Cook

Ratings:
    +172 / 159 / -67
    why don't you use my name kiddo

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Dillon_reilly
  9. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Because I don't know who you are

• Like Like x 6
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. JTRv91

JTRv91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jtrv91#0
    Ratings:
    +554 / 14 / -36
    Thanks for putting the time and effort into this. Solid read.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Crow I50I

Crow I50I S29?

Ratings:
    +79 / 11 / -7
    THESE EAGLES

• Like Like x 1
    coreycrowi50i
  12. Hustlehard0927

Hustlehard0927 Cook