Real Deals, Consistency, Turn Arounds and Shockers

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Im4thLineWorthy, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    THREE PER CATEGORY I ALREADY KNOW PEOPLE WILL HAVE OPINIONS AND THIS IS MINE. ENJOY

REAL DEAL

Sound Tigers – a Team that went 9-1 first week and 6-3 the next. This team is built from top to bottom or should I say form the back end out. There isn’t a lot of no name players here and it seems a lot of them play club together. Chemistry and a team with proven talent is always a recipe for success.

Goalies – I love mochez. Great starter that can easily be an NHL G. With a good Dcore in front he wont miss much of a beat. Mattaka Is their back up but had insane CHL numbers last season and sometimes.. playing G In the CHL is the hardest thing to do.

No Brainer – Chemistry is everything

Concern – No big-name guy and that can be scary come playoffs when going into game 7

Colorado – These Eagles seem to have some enemies in the league but we all know they’re hated cause they are good. You Have a Stanley cup champion in Fox as agm and he buys into how the game needs to be played. Always a huge factor when having a cheap line that can hang around in big games. 5 wins in week 1 but a bounce back in week 2 going 8-1. The Eagles are deep for that playoff run. But can the 500K army continue their hot start?

Goalies – Frisky is a fringe starter here but would be a starter on lots of other teams. Don’t think he cares playing fewer games than binky. These goalies, like Hartford will have to earn their numbers and records as they will be busy Gs throughout the season.

No Brainer – One of the better game 7 lines and a team that has no worry in line matching

Concern – 500K army might be a little too dependent on. The fake scumbag tries to slap shot short side 50 times a game.

Stockton – The team got gifted Dimitri a top Dman in the AHL and was the best built off the start. Arguably the best Dcore in the league. Reiders and his line will carry this team and bail them out more than once but that’s what top lines do. Their 3rd line is nothing special but doesn’t need to be with 2 “top end” lines. I do believe Stockton will be the best in the west. I mean when they receive another gift. A high octane Offence with their Dcore not being cheaped out on, you know this is the real deal. 6 wins in week 1 and 7 in week 2. I don’t see nothing worse than 6-3 weeks all season long.

Goalies – Crank and Ricky are established goalies. Their number in the 85 – 86 range will stay the same. Wont need to do much with their Dcore but wont be many games they cost. Great tandem for stockton

No brainer – top end heavy in FWD but deep dcore to keep their third line in games

Concern – not having a third line hasn’t worked out in a lot of cup winners. You need upsets in loffs to be able to pull through some series. Also feel they didn’t take full advantage of bidding.

Consistency

Hartford - It’s a team I'm on so ill leave it short and sweet. Not sure if you guys know this but did you know that 4th and jared are cup champs and they came back to the AHL? A respectable 6 wins back to back weeks. We know this has top talent and cheaper Dcore. Team might not be built for explosive weeks but a team that can be dangerous.

Goalies – Wont hype up a team im on. But Polar is a freak and Mazy can hold his own. Polar is the starter but Mazy will play a huge part as well for Hartford.

No Brainer – Top end talent and deep FWD core

Concern – Cheap D is always risky and individual play over team play. (DILLON)

Iowa – We all troll Mackie but we all know hell be in playoff picture every season. Always finds his way in the weaker division. Is this luck or strategy? We will never know. But what we do know is Having beta dreams as a free contract is huge. Losing Jayson isn’t huge from many stand points but he was having him self a good start. He has Daqs who is no different than any other 1st line C in the AHL.Iowa will be steady but a team that may have bad weeks. 5 wins week 1 and 6 in week 2 which is what we will see week to week.

Goalies – Two starters for Iowa but I think its time for Tatar to take 6 a week. This is his game (word oF mouth). Mackie knows these two goalies well but when I see 76 save % with same amount as a 7-1-1 G with 83 save % there is something wrong with both them having 9 games. Avail maybe?

No Brainer – will win games and make “upsets” to teams and exploit the bad teams

Concern – there’s more than 2 rounds in playoffs also I think overpaid for certain pieces

Rochester – A team that could be seen as a real deal semp built a fantastic team. AHL MVP from last season proving it was no fluke and a top line that has yet to lose would think they should be no different than Stockton. I think Semp is still trying to figure out the third line but there will be no panic trying to do so. Another former cup winner down in the AHL competing, making the AHL actually competitive again! Hot start to the season with 8 wins but then followed by a 4 win week (3 from the top line). Just like Hartford and Iowa expect 5-6 wins a week.

Goalies – One of the best tandems in the league. Goaliebro is very reliable and has great numbers PHJ has a 90.8 save %. That will drop.. but how much? Who knows. These goalies play a big part in Rochester’s consistency.

No brianer – Built well in the offseason and a lethal top line and best turd team.

Concern – Players that might take advantage of a good team getting other teams third lines. This can be something that gives you an illusion of a bad player looking good.

Turn arounds

Belleville – We should all know this team will be above .500 at the end of it all. The 3x calder champ Bell knows how to build. It might be tough but this team is better than what it shows. If they are viewed as a shitter they will win and take advantage of the third lines and be back near the top. One of the tougher tasks Bell will have to face in his management career but 3 in a row is no fluke and he over anybody knows changes are coming and wins will follow with it.

Goalies – Brn2win18 has good number just not getting the wins. Belleville should stay looking at him to lead the way and perhaps look at backup options. Peach is struggling and is a player that will have to turn it around (as he should).

No Brainer – THEY ARE GOOD off to a slow start

Concern – more than a waiver claim and a trade will need to happen to fix a 6-10-2 team

Chicago – Math had the best CHL team last season with most of his players being top end picks in the draft S31, he knows best of who was good in CHL. Math was viewed as a bottom team. I think getting Killa back from a trade reversal helps this team depth wise. When S2N comes back (if he comes back) will help with their Dcore. Having to ECU all the time is never good for long haul but is doing a good job grabbing TC players via trade. 7 wins in a row last week brought them right back to a team to be taken seriously.

Goalies – Two goalies who will stick in the AHL or higher moving forward. Legion went 13-0-1 for math last season in the playoffs with a 1.28 GAA… thats no fluke and shows he is AHL ready and Vasy has already shown he is an AHL starter. These two will share the crease and be huge in every game they play for Chicago

No brainer – there are hidden Gems on this team and it’s a toxic free team that wants to win

Concern – lack of proven AHL talent and slow start for the big contract player(s)

WBS – this to me is my wild card for turnaround. I played the rivsky line and I could see they know how to move the puck and play the game. Another team that relies heavily on the top line that will get it together once their 2nd line starts getting their wins.

Goalies – Might be one of the issues for WBS. Glachs is the starter with eskimo having slight better numbers. Is it time for him to get 6? Numbers are close but a G that has 81 save % but 2 wins… hes doing his part.

No Brainer – there is talent here and lots of chemistry

Concern – PSN players not “use" to playing xbox NHL and lack of 3rd line help

Shockers

Syracuse – Sorry boys you’re a shocker cause I don’t think being a top team will last. Playoff team sure but I think this is a team that is off to a hot start.8 wins in week 1 followed by 4. I know it can be a bad week but I think it was more of a fantastic week in week 1. They have a great player in Gregorian who I think went unnoticed in bidding.

Goalies – In my opinon these goalies are a big reason they are where they are. Keatsauce is the real deal. Nigel has decent CHL numbers and will do his part for the crunch

No Brianer – they have talent and good contracts and will be a playoff team

Concern – Think there was better amateur send downs that they miss out on and low goal support.

San Diego – Wouldn’t think the gulls would be 9-6-3 after two weeks. In a tough division I think they will have to grind. The division is one where you cant really have off weeks. RBK and co have built good teams in the past and bringing the core back I thought they would be a top team. Maybe the 5 game losing streak is the reason they are here but they do make my shocked list.

Goalies – Jeff is the starter here and has good numbers. Kodiak is nothing more than a back up. Jeff has to steal some games to get these guys back to the top where they CAN get to.

No Brainer – experienced management and some well established AHLers

Concern – 3 wins and 8 loses in 1 goal games.

San Jose – this is a weird one for me. I didn't think they would be a team that would succeed but they are proving me wrong in a good way. Im not convicned they are a top team and again they are in the same division as the gulls and I feel this divison will be close all season. If Webb can carry his line then they will say consistent.The 6-0-0 line I am impressed with. But can it last?

Goalies – 2 well balanaced Gs. Acez is a solid starter and I know Angry will turn it around. I don’t think they care which G is in which game.

No brainer – lots of former NHL guys down here and former top AHL guys. They are proving me wrong

Concern – I think its similar to SYR and starting off hot:/

**Notable Misses - San Antonio, Moose, LHV and Binghamton**

This is a lot to do unless you half ass it. Its week 2 so don't get butt hurt and also its hard to go into depth when only 18 games have been played. Theres tons of teams that can be added.. i only did 3 per category.

LOVE MY AHL andBUILD THAT WALL.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    • Like x 31
    • Winner x 8
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Focus TF

Focus TF CT 66 Makes Me Nervous.

Discord:
    focustf#0
    Ratings:
    +937 / 38 / -72
    These Meese got snubbed.

:team307:

#CTrash.

• Like Like x 3
    GiroFocus
  3. l Matheson l

l Matheson l Cancel

Ratings:
    +250 / 56 / -65
    Good write up bro thanks for the kind words and faith highly appreciated

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. TheCloud IX

TheCloud IX Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cloudicus#0
    Ratings:
    +428 / 21 / -34
    Great write up, enjoyed the read. Keep them coming :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    mrcloudicuss
  5. GOAT YeeYee

GOAT YeeYee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 13 / -18
    Thanks for the love and great write up man!

• Like Like x 2
    tatarl21l
  6. Hustlehard0927

Hustlehard0927 Cook

Ratings:
    +172 / 159 / -67
    #falsenews

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Dillon_reilly
  7. Weldxr

Weldxr 508

Ratings:
    +170 / 10 / -27
    :thinking:

• Like Like x 1
    BruiNfps
  8. Polar4124

Polar4124 Selling bodily fluids, pm for prices

Discord:
    Polar#6488
    Ratings:
    +181 / 35 / -36
    You didn’t mention I’m toxic and accidentally no show games

• Like Like x 1
    I6IPolarI6I
  9. I Risto I

I Risto I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    risto55#0
    Ratings:
    +866 / 79 / -110
    :toxic::toxic:

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Gatoradebleu775

Gatoradebleu775 IM A BULLY.

Ratings:
    +68 / 1 / -5
    :team315::team315::team315:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. TripAcez

TripAcez Aye Stop De Puck

Discord:
    TripAcez#0388
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -10
    Man these articles are awesome. In depth stuff turns me on! Good shit 4th!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    TripAcez
  12. mochez18

mochez18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -3
    Tigers have no big name guy? I am the big name guy.
    -biggest ego in the A

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    mochez18
  13. Tiny x 30

Tiny x 30 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 4 / -14
    great read!!!

Nyrking30
  14. B Tep55566

B Tep55566 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 3 / -9
    Best goalie in the leauge

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. DaSteelerz

DaSteelerz More than just cool on the internet

Discord:
    dasteelerz#0
    Ratings:
    +187 / 11 / -25
    Everyone loves it when you talk about them of course. But this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. JTRv91

JTRv91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jtrv91#0
    Ratings:
    +554 / 14 / -36
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  17. CSilveri

CSilveri 6 classes+40hr work weeks..avails bouncy be warned

Discord:
    CSilveri#1576
    Ratings:
    +703 / 41 / -61
    By notable misses what does that mean in a brief detail?

Also great write up this was a different toilet read i appreciated it.

CSilveri
  18. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    PTSD triggered in myself and probably Tatar. No @Tatar l21l don't do it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. Some Pylon

Some Pylon Some Pylon

Discord:
    Some Pylon#1484
    Ratings:
    +134 / 12 / -15
    After next week, my line will be 10-0... these cudas boyyyy. Good writeup dude

• Winner Winner x 1
    SomePylon
  20. TheCheetahlo 33

TheCheetahlo 33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 19 / -4
    Appreciate the write up, can’t imagine how much time it took. This league wouldn’t be as much fun without the guys doing media.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account