LGNHL to Real NHL Comparisons

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by D4D USA, Mar 3, 2019.

1. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    I was bored and figured I would provide some entertainment for the community. I went through each LGNHL team and compared a couple of players to a player (or management) on the real NHL team. I had to use some historical players to make it work, but tried to limit it. Also, I did not factor in left shot / right shot, LW / RW, or LD / RD.
    • Anaheim Ducks
      • @SweeT 9 LoU 84 – Ryan Kesler: A savvy veteran center with a history of being defensively reliable. Much like Kesler in 2014, Sweet Lou finds himself on the Ducks after spending his whole career with another team. Both chasing their first Stanley Cup.
      • @Girgs – Paul Kariya: Two all time greats, Girgs seems to have had virtual success dating back to Kariya’s playing days, so we can consider them contemporaries.
    • Arizona Coyotes
      • @Gilbzey – John Chayka: Young Managers bringing a new way of thinking to the league. Gilbzey has managed to build solid teams with new talent rather than taking flyers on players that were good in NHL 97. Who will bring a cup to the desert first?
      • @Joorrdan – Oliver Ekman-Larsson: Couple of studs here. Both bring a talented offensive game.
    • Boston Bruins
      • @Stifmeister x 7 - David Pastrnak: Much like Pasta, Stiff can activate a god mode and take over any game (See Canam 10-3 game for reference). Often in the chatbox, Stif appears to be drunk like Pasta was when he fell and injured his thumb.
      • @ArchambauIt – Patrice Bergeron: Both exceptional in the defensive zone. Able to be effective offensively with high hockey IQs. I think both may also be underrated.
      • Bonus Content
        • Stif’s Cousin – Alex Kraemer: Two smokeshows affiliated with the Bruins that Stiff would like to have intercourse with.
    • Buffalo Sabres
      • @At43 – Jack Eichel: I am not too familiar with anyone on the Sabres, but I like AT, so he can be Eichel.
    • Calgary Flames
      • @Oo TheMvp oO – Johnny Gaudreau: Shifty forward that is able to finish around the net.
      • @Redmile89 – Mark Giordano: Veteran presence and leadership. Not sure if Red is bald yet.
    • Carolina Hurricanes
      • @GETHESEHANDS – Michael Ferland: Scouting report on Ferland - Has good size and plenty of agitating qualities that can take opponents off their game, “Can produce some points and is adept at grinding in the corners. Will also drop the gloves” I’ll leave it at that.
    • Chicago Blackhawks
      • @Moesof17john – Alex Debrincat: 5’7 165lb goal scoring new kid on the scene. Debrincat needs more LTs though.
      • @Jemima – Patrick Kane: Elite offensive skills. Can score and set up plays with the best of them.
    • Colorado Avalanche
      • @jared2112 & @NINETY ElGHT – Nathan Mackinnon and Gabriel Landeskog: Great chemistry with the ability to control the flow of the games, but end up losing more than they should (usually due to EA for Jared and 98 and the rest of the team sucking for Mack and Landeskog).
    • Columbus Blue Jackets
      • @Herringthefish – Sergei Bobrovsky: Both guys seem to be the backbone and workhorse for their team each season.
    • Dallas Stars
      • @Schlemko x 17 – Jason Spezza: Much like Spezza, Schlemko had some solid seasons earlier on with Dallas, but production seems to have fallen off significantly. Unfortunately for Spezza, he’s getting too old, while Schlemko has time to turn it around.
      • @brandovedo – Jim Nill: Let’s be serious, we know who is pulling the strings as the Dallas GM.
    • Detroit Red Wings
      • @FtB x Sauce – Justin Abdelkader: Showed potential to become one of the game’s premier power forwards early on, but neither have reached that level.
    • Edmonton Oilers
      • @TheGreatMP7 – Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: Great two way games. I would expect TheGreatMP to be a hot trade target for contenders at the deadline (I would have bet Nuge was going to be moved this season).
    • Florida Panthers
      • @xF a w s t – Mike Hoffman: Nice depth player that consistently produces points. Balanced goals and assists. Wonder if Hoffman carries in Apex?
    • Los Angeles Kings
      • @Dannyy Briere – Drew Doughty: This was an easy one. Both guys are always in the Norris discussions and have won the award.
      • @Big Tony 16 – Jonathan Quick: Just looking at play style, Quick has always been one of the most entertaining goalies to watch. I think Tony makes goalie look fun and doesn’t just sit in butterfly in the center of the net.
    • Minnesota Wild
      • @ICExCREAMxTRUCK – Ryan Suter: Lock down d-men. I have questioned if both are robots at times.
    • Montreal Canadiens
      • @Charyzen – Carey Price: One of the better goalies in LG. I am mainly drawing this comparison because LG Montreal has too much skill to compare to the real Habs.
    • Nashville Predators
      • @Sleeman Guy – Ryan Ellis: Like Ellis, Sleeman is a D man that you can play on the top pairing. He will not be the #1 guy, but great support.
    • New Jersey Devils
      • @Really Good Dad – Lou Lamoriello: Oct. 16, 1989: Trades defenseman Tom Kurvers to the Toronto Maple Leafs for a first-round pick in the 1991 NHL Draft. The Devils end up with the third pick in the draft and select defenseman Scott Niedermayer. June 16, 1990: On the advice of his scouts, Lamoriello uses the 20th pick of the 1990 draft to select goaltender Martin Brodeur. “Hold my beer” - RGD
    • New York Islanders
      • @JACKIExCHAN – Robin Lehner: JackieChan put up some crazy stats last season. I think a lot of people were expecting him to come back down to earth, but we have not seen it yet (same for Lehner).
    • New York Rangers
      • @Lyons x 63 – Mark Messier: The Captain
      • @BizyBounce – Henrik Lundqvist: Great goalies playing with shitters that most likely question why they signed multi-season deals after every game.
      • @D4D USA – Jaromir Jagr (on the Rangers): Rangers got both guys on their decline and a shadow of themselves from their Penguins days. Two mistakes.
      • Bonus Content:
        • @Daddy Dill0n – Rangers Equipment Manager: Finesse the players boots so they can cook.
    • Ottawa Senators
      • @PureRippin - ???: Rip has been described as a “good little player” by LG scout and resident primate, @LemeIin. Not sure who fits this description for Ottawa, so I will defer to Pattelite.
      • Honestly, it would be an insult to compare what Rip and Toxic have built to the dumpster fire in Ottawa.
    • Philadelphia Flyers
      • @DeeSa Ali – Sean Couturier: Exceptional two-way centers that are severely underrated. Both are difficult to play against.
      • @Gwan - : LOL Flyers fans wish they had a comparable.
    • Pittsburgh Penguins
      • @P t P 10 – Evgeni Malkin: Elite players in the game that can be effective at center or wing. Consistently produce and win.
    • San Jose Sharks
      • @Tom 0 – Brent Burns: Core pieces to the Sharks recent success and lockdown defensemen. Tom has started slow, but I expect him to turn it around.
    • St. Louis Blues
      • @Pattelite – Chris Pronger: You can’t talk about studs in the Blues history without naming Pattelite and Pronger. Both guys are clamps and like to rack up the PIMs. They also like to troll and steal the game pucks when the other team wins.
    • Tampa Bay Ligntning
      • @AzDvo – Steve Yzerman: Stick and Stevie Y seem to be on the same page when it comes to building teams. The real Lightning are the current cup favorites, and Stick has built one of the top teams through drafting @Dame l13l and @bettylouu12. Just kidding, the LG Lightning are still actually fucked.
      • Sejje – Adam Erne: Fucking chitters.
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
      • @MarcoGoes5H0LE – John Tavares: Top-end centers making that $$$. Toxic players that made their way to Toronto. Rumor has it that Tavares has an elite sigh while on the ice.
    • Vancouver Canucks
      • @LAZYKIDZinGA – Thatcher Demko: AHL goalies that find themselves in the show some how.
    • Vegas Golden Knights
      • @Ragey23 – Nate Schmidt: Solid d-men that are sneaky good offensively. Schmidt is one of my favorite players on Vegas and Ragey is my favorite player on LG Vegas.
    • Washington Capitals
      • @Gilleh – Alex Ovechkin: Elite goal scorers that don’t care half the time. They win cups when they try.
    • Winnipeg Jets
      • @donnybrah – Kyle Connor: Nice additions to any line, both players consistently produce offensively and will have to elevate if they want their team to overachieve.
    Bonus Content

@ShortyxLOSE – Darren Dreger: First guys with the inside info and breaking news on trapes.​

@LG McDonald – Brendan Shanahan (as Director of Player Safety): Bringing down the HAMMERS. I want to see Brodie release a video with his findings for each ban like Shanahan did.​

• Winner Winner x 29
    • Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    The LG McDonald ban videos need to happen.

• Winner Winner x 2
    bossy_22_
  3. PureRippin

PureRippin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    purerippin#0
    Ratings:
    +468 / 12 / -20
    This is gold. lmao

• Winner Winner x 1
    36PureRippin
  4. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    Bounce can't be Lundqvist .Cause bounce wins cups

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181

• @FtB x Sauce – Justin Abdelkader: Showed potential to become one of the game’s premier power forwards early on, but neither have reached that level.”
    LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. FtB x Sauce

FtB x Sauce Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 77 / -84
    At least give me Johan Franzen

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Duggan

Duggan "Are you not Entertained"

Ratings:
    +732 / 113 / -92
    Who am I dan

Duggan94
  8. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    I actually had plans to put you and patt. You are O’Reilly, but I noticed I forgot St. Louis as I was posting it, and didn’t feel like adding 2 more. Obviously couldn’t leave patt off.

No Streaming Account
  9. PieR Talent

PieR Talent Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,803 / 87 / -178
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    DaYoungBuck
  11. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    @x1x Datsyuk x3x is Selanne, he just bangs home goals

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Hustlehard0927

Hustlehard0927 Cook

Ratings:
    +172 / 159 / -67
    Cook cook

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Dillon_reilly
  13. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    i would go with Pageau for comparison he small and playes a 2way game and wins lot of faceoff and plays the other teams best lines.

xspezzal19lx
  14. donnybrah

donnybrah Better At EASHL Than Im4thLineWorthy

Discord:
    donnybrah#0690
    Ratings:
    +290 / 29 / -40
      • @donnybrah – Kyle Connor: Nice additions to any line, both players consistently produce offensively and will have to elevate if they want their team to overachieve.
    WOW

• Winner Winner x 1
    donnybrah
  15. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  16. aHuff21

aHuff21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 16 / -20
    I am patty Kane

ahuff21
  17. Mr Orock

Mr Orock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 19 / -47
    Looking forward to Brodie’s video bans omg I’m dead

wedunkthose
  18. Viktomize

Viktomize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Viktomize#5842
    Ratings:
    +792 / 9 / -31
    He’s not even on the Devils anymore.

The City: Elite
    Viktomize94
  19. PeteyMaCx11

PeteyMaCx11 555

Discord:
    PeteyMacx11#2465
    Ratings:
    +989 / 34 / -73
    You forgot to add in your comparison of @DeeSa Ali and Sean Couturier that neither man has many teeth left. #gumjobs

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    PeteyMacx11
  20. mfricha-

mfricha- Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,032 / 8 / -44
    All I see are a bunch of Anthony Bennetts

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account