Which current gen game is your favorite/What is wrong with 19?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Easy Macaroni, Mar 5, 2019.

?

Which current gen Game is your favorite?

1. NHL 19

24 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. NHL 18

14 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. NHL 17

47 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. NHL 16

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. They all suck, bring me back my 360

87 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. Easy Macaroni

Easy Macaroni Alex

Discord:
    easymacaroni#0
    Ratings:
    +616 / 12 / -8
    So reading one of the forum posts earlier, a question was asked about why NHL 19 seems to have all close games and how 6s this year differs from other current gen games. I wanted to see what more people thought about that because it's a confusing topic for me.

Personally, the skating engine in this years game is by far my favorite on current gen, but the skill gap, gameplay, random bounces, and overall fun seem to have gotten worse. I'm confused as to how the skating can get so much better in a game, but everything else so much worse?

Even though I've been playing less NHL every year since old gen games ended, this is the first year where I literally have 0 desire to play, and rarely have fun in games.

When this game first came out everyone, including myself, proclaimed it as by far the best current gen game, but the more I played, the more stale the game got. Secretly, I was thinking that I might enjoy the older current gen games more even if they might be more broken.

So my question is why does this game feel so boring? Is the series just getting stale in general or are there fundamental things in the gameplay that need to be changed?

*My potental solution*

A lot of people (mainly defensemen) may disagree, but I think offense needs to be made easier in this game. Back in old gen you were given many more options for creativity on the offensive end, in general it was also just tougher to stop people. While that may be frustrating on defense it created a wider skill gap, more scoring, and made the best forwards truly elite, and the top defenseman much more valuable.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    EasyMacaroni
  2. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    You can only vote once or I'd put NHL19 And old gen option.

Peoples play styles
    - trapping
    - collapsing defense
    - people rarely forecheck (almost every winger backs out of the zone when the puck is taken away now)

Gameplay
    - Incidental contact is the absolute worst, kills the flow of games
    - Dekes are rarely completed when done
    - Auto animations - auto pokes, auto bats out of the air of saucer passes and facing the wrong way pass interceptions
    Bumps - bumps causing you to lose the puck for half a second where you can't pass or shoot it

*Bonus - goalie extended glove/blocker saves when sliding the wrong way or ok the other side of the net

There are still a lot of not close games and a decent skill gap, but if a team has the mindset of keeping a game close then they're able to do it. Once teams go up 2 or 3 goals then games usually open way up.

It's a mix of people's styles. Everyone has been playing 6s and basically knows what to do and what everyone else is going to do or looking for when in the zone and it's now easier to stop it and on the few times you make a nice play the goalie saves it when they shouldn't or your guys whiffs, misses the net or has it blocked/deflected off something. There's also still a lot of broken play goals or lately 5 hole goals even when the goalie is there and in butterfly

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    In World of CHEL
    SweeT9LoU84
  3. TurboYuri

TurboYuri Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +711 / 40 / -82
    Nhl 15 on xb1 because it had no eashl issues like 19!

• Like Like x 5
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    To add to this

- LT spamming is ridiculous, some people have gotten very good at abusing it
    - Puck carrier's speed and stickhandling ability are worse than last gen and it slows the game down and makes it more defensive-heavy
    - Shot accuracy/power is too low and/or goalie's ability to make saves is nuts (though this could possibly just be fixed by changing the default attributes on all the builds)
    - The puck trickles past the goalie on garbage plays far too often

Overall it just feels like a lot of goals come from randomness and not skill. You aren't rewarded for making good plays most of the time.

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  5. CaLL Me Jakoo

CaLL Me Jakoo LG Pittsburgh Penguins

Discord:
    CaLL Me Jakoo#2067
    Ratings:
    +758 / 9 / -33
    NHL 17 was so fun :sadegg:

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    CaLLMeJakooo
  6. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    I will preface this whole thing with yes this game is broke.... but if they honestly would just turn game speed up so if you make a dman look foolish they will pay a price for the bad play and make it so you can complete basic dekes with 80+ deking and more complicated with 85+ ect this game is pretty close. also tune down goalie animations. I like that they're trying to fix the game, hopefully they start to consult with esport athletes rather than facebook commenters...

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. Haunted Avocado

Haunted Avocado Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Ratings:
    +193 / 0 / -0
    I think it's too easy to just play passively and wait for something to happen. The risk/reward of trying something is usually not worth it.

On defense it's too easy and effective to sit back and wait for the other team to run into you.

On Offense it's much easier to turd and force than try something cool and just lose it for some bs reason.

I'll always have a sweet spot for old-gen, and I don't have as much experience with previous current-gen, but that's just like, my opinion, man.

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    What's wrong with NHL 19? Well for starters, they made goalies 3 inches taller without any downsides (despite LGHL sv%'s being well higher than previous years) and then made sure none of the builds have any shot attributes.

Ultimately though the biggest problem is that 6s, HUT, and Vs are sharing a tuner set. Asking 78 overall builds to play on a tuner set that also caters towards 95 overall teams is just asinine.

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Easy Macaroni

Easy Macaroni Alex

Discord:
    easymacaroni#0
    Ratings:
    +616 / 12 / -8
    This is what's interesting to me. I actually think this game was a major step in the right direction because of the skating engine. That being said, this might be the least fun i've had playing on current gen. I feel like there are just a bunch of small things that need to be fixed and if they are the game will quickly become my favorite by far on current gen. But due to all the small issues, I currently hate the state of the game.

• Like Like x 2
    EasyMacaroni
  10. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Im just gunna throw this out there. I keep seeing people compliaining about Lt spamming. Personally id rather people spam LT instead of LBing anytime youre close to somebody with the puck. Every game has its flaws but i think 19 as a whole is the best on the current gen but that isnt saying much

ReallyGooodDad
  11. GoldyIsBack

GoldyIsBack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nhl02 when circle was speed burst, you could turn up the hitting for crazy bit death blows, and change puck elasticity so if you dumped it the puck would bounce and no one could pick it up. Combine that w turning off penalties and it made for a hell of a good time

No Streaming Account
  12. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,500 / 57 / -72
    Game will never be good until they fix their networking issues. Every game feels different.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    wags82
  13. Gongshxw

Gongshxw Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gongshxw#0446
    Ratings:
    +251 / 118 / -280
    Nhl 09,10,11,12 you used to be able to create offense by mastering the right stick. Guys like Snario, call me nit and Hope from collateral damage could beat guys one on one because the right stick was quick and you could use it to get around guys. I don’t see anyone in today’s game that can still cone defensemen one on one

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  14. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    I never played EASHL back then and frankly don't remember versus/hut gameplay from years back at all so I just decided to youtube NHL 09 EASHL.. this video (series?) came up and looks pretty cool. Not related to the thread but someone might enjoy watching it lol.

• Informative Informative x 1
    eamonnjcf
  15. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    oh my god look how fast that gameplay is

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  16. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    @mfricha making an appearance

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  17. mfricha-

mfricha- Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,032 / 8 / -44
    loooool where, or is that me in the video

No Streaming Account
  18. o KniGhtZ o

o KniGhtZ o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 0 / -1
    - RIP to the Odors

No Streaming Account
  19. Oo TheMvp oO

Oo TheMvp oO Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oothemvpoo#0
    Ratings:
    +513 / 38 / -28
    The time you spent writing this you could have been playing NHL 19 getting better at D!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    llTheMVPll
  20. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    360 NHL > 17 > 16 > 18 > 19

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account