Rule Issue regarding East vs West

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by HurrichaneScoot, Mar 5, 2019.

?

which option would u like to see implemented?

1. Home team chooses host/connection

58.0%
  2. First connection that everyone gets into is played, NO BACKING OUT

42.0%
  1. jay6219

jay6219 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -2
    I've never had a west line but I still think away should always be searching any. I know there used to be an issue where u would still end up on the wrong side even if u picked home and I'd be surprised if they fixed it but it seems more reliable than it once was.

Home should come with some kind of advantage and it just doesn't make sense to leave it up to chance. Plus I'm sure someone will figure out how to exploit the system if we decide to do it the other way. Imagine having to watch the other teams stream to make sure they are actually on any before u search.

Playing on half the ping is worth the 5 extra minutes it might take to get the game started. I had no idea letting home team have home was a problem for some ppl. Don't be soft, LG games are sweaty and boring now anyway. Nowadays U can't even put a few dudes on worldstar without ppl quitting and refusing to finish the game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TangentialFaintDragonPupper
    @Dev I4I

jay6219
  2. Scooooter10

Scooooter10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193

this has nothing to do with the home team getting home team and away getting away IN GAME the host or connection rather isnt based on the HOME team like it used to be in the old club challenge, its not selected based on whats best for the 12 members in the game. so what the thing is thats being proposed to is to have the the home team be able to back out to pick what server they want to play on or if it should just be all 12 get in and play regardless of the server

• Informative Informative x 1
    scootz10
  3. jay6219

jay6219 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -2
    Ok next time I guess I'll read the post before replying to it... I know they say that the server is determined by something other than who has home, but I never fully believed this cuz it seemed like if west guys were home the game ends up being west 4/5. Backing out of a game that everyone managed to get into without error coding is also soft af. That kind of shit can prolong a game way more than anybody will be able to tolerate.

And... If the host server is truly determined by an average response time between each player, this number would theoretically be the same every time.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    jay6219
  4. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Hey, what happened to that EA Central server? I thought rammer was supposed to add one a couple weeks ago?

No Streaming Account
  5. Scooooter10

Scooooter10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    Idk tbh JP, however I have noticed that east games as a WEST player have felt a lot smoother or less “heavy” since that server was announced

• Like Like x 2
    scootz10
  6. DodgesBlueShells

DodgesBlueShells Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 19 / -33
    GONZO!

• Old Old x 1
    UseThePoint
  7. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    It's up and running as far as I know.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. zRobb-_-

zRobb-_- The Wayne Gretzky of sexual stuff

Ratings:
    +448 / 35 / -101
    If a west line is home and wants west let them have it, and vice versa. Should be a limit on how many times you can back out though, games shouldn’t be starting 30 minutes late.

• Like Like x 6
    robshere
  9. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    Uhhhh yeah there was. When we did drop in lobbies for VHL you’d occasionally get that stuck in the mud far west-euro issue. If anything it was just as noticeable but 10x less prevelant.

DynoMike25
  10. Jade_Dragoon_

Jade_Dragoon_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Jade Dragoon#6253
    Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -17

Except it's not. In real life you don't have a 2 second delay in your movements and reaction speed because in someone elses arena. Speaking as a G trying to prevent a short side clapper or quick wrap on 100+ ping is damn near impossible and BA's are laughable.

• Like Like x 1
    trizzelpigporker
  11. Ryneauxx

Ryneauxx The RyGoat

Discord:
    Ryneauxx#2337
    Ratings:
    +409 / 18 / -41
    Lets just start quitting at the halfway point and start playing two games so half is on one connection and the 2nd half is the other.

Also, I'd like to point out I'm still salty about the backout for connection that caused my first non ot playoff loss

• Like Like x 2
    Ryneauxx
  12. Class Act 27

Class Act 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    class#0551
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 23 / -129
    I believe home should just choose the connection. If you “force” people to play it out people will just “lag out” in the pre game lobby so they’ll get their desired host anyway which will just cause a bunch of unnecessary arguments

The only thing I could possibly think of is make a very punishing rule that prohibits people from “lagging out” cough quitting cough from the pre game lobby. Although I’m assuming it would be very unrealistic. And if you go the less punishing route like a 2 minute penalty, I still think west or east players would take the 2 minute penalty at the beginning of the game to get their desired and more favourable host

Also people will just search 10 minutes before game time so they get their connection anyway and it’ll just turn into a who can get their 6 together the earliest and start searching which I believe no one wants to deal with (might be a good thing though I’m sure some games would start being played on time)

I believe the home team should get to search first that way they get to choose what server the game is played on and then we don’t have the home team constantly backing out because they aren’t getting their desired connection

Just my opinion though I’m interested to read other opinions

• Like Like x 3
    Class_Act_27
  13. Danny_Dangles_

Danny_Dangles_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 23 / -277
    This is a rampant issue in the league. Purposely quitting games and discussing on stream that you will quit until you get your desired connection as an away team should be grounds for some kind of sanction in this league. Have some integrity.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    DannyDangles
  14. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    For the millionth time: home team doesnt mean home connection. It means fucking nothing during the regular season, and it means your opponent is forced to pick their lineup before you in the playoffs.

That's the benefit of home ice. That's it. Not, "we get to keep backing out until we have a technical advantage over you".

Stop building west lines, stop crying when you dont get west host. 11pm games are already starting at 11:15. If you get host, play it. If you dont? Play it.

Christ. Fucking cry babies.

• Like Like x 5
    better20yearsago
  15. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    The fact there is a discussion about getting an advantage for being home host is really laughable.

EASHL has existed for 10 years. Matchmaking issues should have been a year 2-3 thing, not a year 10 thing.

With that said, LG shouldn't be expected to compensate for EAs shitty matchmaking. Incorporating host rules would make the miserable experience of NHL19 even more tedious.

• Like Like x 4
    Sloshy97
  16. RSall14

RSall14 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 13 / -31
    Fat man lag is not the same as input delay. I used to get fat man lag back then when I was still on WIFI occasionally. My guy was slower and less agile but I never had delayed inputs.

RSall14
  17. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    It's there. Ping is a little higher than your regular server, but a lot lower than opposite coast. For example, I'm getting about 35ms on east, 45ms on central, and 85ms on west.

radapex
  18. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    It is can confirm. I've played on it. Issue is it isn't a true central server. Just a lesson east eastern server. The fact EA actually thinks that classifies as a central server is nuts.

No Streaming Account
  19. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Won’t be addressed til it becomes an issue on Xbox. There were lots of complaints in last season’s playoffs and in mgmt forums to make some kind of rule about it. Nothing was changed and now we have teams backing out as the away team to get their host or taking 5-10 tries to start. It’s bad enough with error codes now we have this running rampant across the league. Major issue

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    JClaus33
  20. l Murray x 30 l

l Murray x 30 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 43 / -13
    If it is an east vs west line up you should play on a central setver

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account