Media [S32 W3] Behind The Numbers

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ThatZachGuy, Mar 10, 2019.

1. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    Back for another week of riveting information about some of the best point scorers from Week 3. As always, the top 3 forwards, defenseman, and goalies will be talked about.

FORWARDS
    1. :team312: @Zaathal - 15P [11G 4A] - Zaathal comes out of Week 3 as the top point scoring forward. A 2-1 week with wins against Laval :team778: (4-23-0) and Utica :team410: (9-17-1), but a loss to Toronto :team298: (9-16-2). In all honesty this is what I call scrub hunting. Now I understand that some players on these teams are not scrubs, but seriously Zaathal? You played against what could arguably be the worst three teams in the league. 14 out of the 15 points scored this week came in the wins against the Rocket and Comets. Everyone probably wishes they had Zaathal's schedule this week. Especially since he played against ans ECU goalie in the Laval game who doesn't even look like plays goalie. Can I just add a wtf Laval? You allowed your ECU "maybe" a goalie face 35 shots. 35!!!?? Play some damn defense. Zaathal's lone loss this week came to players who have had some success in LG from previous seasons. It's almost like when facing some sort of competition, Zaathal had a hard time. Shit, the Marlies even had an ECU goalie. As much as I'd like to give Zaathal some props, I just can't based on the competition he played.

T2. :team312: @TNS Klaashy - 14P [5G 9A] - Well TNS is making this week an easy write-up so far. He played alongside Zaathal in the wins and loss above. TNS has had an interesting season so far. Played 2 games for Springfield in Week 1 and lost both. He went on I.R. for Week 2 and was traded to Charlotte only to be flipped to Rochester where he then played Week 3 and put up that 2-1 record. TNS has never really had much success in his LG career. Not sure about who he has played with in the past, but it seems like he plays well with Zaathal against lesser competition. Maybe Rochester should let these guys play all of the easy games during the season.

T2. :team390: @CAILLOU ESTI - 14P [5G 9A] - Caillou had a nice 2-0-1 week and his wins were against Chicago :team395: (11-11-5) & Texas :team300: (10-15-2). The OT loss came to a good team in Manitoba :team307: (16-9-2). In the first win for Caillou, he put up 4 points alongside an ECU winger and dman. It's nice when you can get wins when playing with ECU's, but it was against an underperforming Wolves team who some thought would be good coming into the season. The second win of the week was the point getting game. 9 points against a very bad Stars team. So once again, even though 2 ECU's were in the lineup for Caillou, I can't give him too much credit. I would like to say that it's gotta be nice to be able to relax in a game and just put up some nice point numbers. This 2OT loss to the Moose looks like a big break for the Admirals. They were outshot 25-13 and also out TOA'd. But they managed to push it to double OT and get that point. No surprise that this was Caillou's lowest point total of the week with only 1.

DEFENSE
    ** 7 dmen were T3. I will only talk about 3 of them who had the best +/- **
    1. :team516: @Dimitri x 91 - 8P [1G 7A] - This fucking guy just keeps showing off. He finally lost his unbeaten record this week, losing the final game to San Diego :team518: (12-12-3). But he was part of two big wins against top quality opponents in Colorado :team625: (18-6-3) & Iowa :team362: (16-8-3). In the Colorado game, the Heat were outplayed based on the stats from the game. But when you have 4 out of your top 6 scorers on your team in the game it helps and the Heat took advantage of the time when they did shoot. The Wild game was a total beatdown. A 7-2 win where the Heat doubled the shots and almost the TOA of the Wild. Dimitri had 6 points (1G 5A) in this game which is ridiculous. I hope Stockton gets you a nice present for all of your help. Let's talk about Dimitri's first loss of the season. A 2-1 loss to the Gulls who are a surprisingly 6th place in the Western Pacific. I am surprised that the Heat were not able to pull out a win in this matchup. This game was the last of the week and maybe the Gulls will look to build upon this big win and try to make a push. But in conclusion to a 3rd consecutive week for Dimitri in this lineup, I'd like to ask if Stockton is ever going to get him a partner on his left side? This man just plays with ECU's every week and still is putting up insane points.

2. :team312: @General Jobo - 6P [2G 4A] - Jobo is another American in this write-up. He played 2 out of his 3 games with Zaathal & TNS. He played in the win against Laval :team778: and the loss to Toronto :team298:. The other win for Jobo came against Springfield :team617: (8-16-3) who you can see is terrible this season. 5 out of 6 points for Jobo came in the win against Laval. The win against Springfield came against 3 ECU's and honestly I know absolutely nobody in that game for the Thunderbirds. After being in the NHL for the past 3 seasons, Jobo has had a disappointing return to the AHL. It's a great time to be in the easiest division in the league though.

T3. :team315: @X OnCloudNine X - 5P [0G 5A] - A man with an 8-1 record on the best team in the Eastern Conference. Cloud posted a 3-0 record this week with wins against Binghamton :team303: (13-11-3), Belleville :team777: (12-13-2), & Charlotte :team393: (13-12-2). In the win against the Devils, the Sound Tigers played against a lesse talented team and showed their dominance. What stood out for me in this game was the fact that Cloud had a +1 TA/GA while his d-partner, @Laporshkin x 71 , had a -16 TA/GA. Now Belleville hasn't had the best start to the season coming off another Championship, but they do have talent. Bridgeport was able to pull out a 1-0 win in this game where they had more than 4 minutes more TOA. Cloud was able to get an assist in the game and also another +1 TA/GA. The final win of the week against the Checkers and the @Wickedly Moist line was the best game of the week for Cloud in points with 3. This game was a total ass kicking for the Sound Tigers. Cloud did ruin his nice week for TA/GA by having a -16 TA/GA in this game. It didn't cost them though as Bridgeport cruised to a 5-1 victory.

T3. :team516: @Dunks - 5P [1G 4A] - The GM of Stockton and another key piece of their defense. When you can have Dimitri on one d-pair and Dunks on another, then you have yourself one hell of a d-core. Dunks went 3-0 this week with wins against Texas :team300:, San Antonio :team363: (16-9-2), & Manitoba :team307:. Dunks best team win this week came against Manitoba even though based on game stats, it looked like the Moose had their hooves on the Heat necks. You get outshot 16-6, but win a game 3-1. Was it EA or was it something else? The best game for me in regards to points for Dunks would have to be his win over the Rampage. Winning 3-2 with all 3 goals for the Heat coming in the 3rd period makes for one hell of a comeback win. I'm sure @Dan Hutton was pissed about that one. Even though he's probably more pissed about being traded this week. Dunks was able to put up 2 points in that game with a goal and assist. Dunks pushed his record to 8-1 with 11 points on the season.

T3. :team350:/:team303: @CHELLUMINATI 00 - 5P [2G 3A] - Chellumiati is my first guy to appear on a write-up and be traded in the same week. He picked up wins against Laval :team778: & Rochester :team312: (18-9-0) and paired it with a loss to Wilkes-Barre :team301: (13-11-3). Laval has become the pass when people beat them. There is no need to talk about that game whatsoever. In the win against Rochester, Chell and his teammates faced 2 ECU's. It was a very good defensive effort though and held Rochester to only 7 shots and 3 min TOA. The loss to Wilkes-Barre was a battle between two close teams in the division and actually quite close in talent based on this seasons stats. However the game itself looks like Hershey beat themselves up with 4 penalties. Penalties in this game will kill all momentum. Chelluminati hasn't had a terrible season, but he'll look to make things better in his transition to Binghamton this upcoming week.

T.3 :team617: @anarchy munkey
    T3. :team625: @BigPaulerBrand
    T3. :team519: @Flemmer x 16
    T3. :team518: @RBK v420

GOALIES (min 4 GP)
    1. :team299: @Binger - 93.3 SV% [3-0-1 0.85 GAA] - Binger heads into Week 4 coming off a 3-0-1 week with wins against San Diego :team518:, Ontario :team517: (17-7-3), & Tucson :team618: (14-12-1). His OT loss came to the hands of Stockton :team516: (21-5-1). A shutout win against San Diego is a letdown in a way because Binger only faced 6 shots. As I stated earlier, I find the Gulls to be a very big underachieving team this season. Binger did have another shutout win against the Roadrunners and this one was better. Facing 19 shots and dealing with 7 minutes of TOA makes for a very good shutout win. It wasn't the best competition, but when EA throws curveballs to goalies, a 19 save shutout is big. I really like Binger's win against the Reign. Facing a good lineup and it showed in the stats. It was a close game by both teams. Binger has had a good season and is a big reason why the Griffins sit in a comfortable 4th spot in the division right now.

2. :team777: @Brn2Win18 - 92.3 SV% [5-1-0 0.83 GAA] - What a week by the Belleville goalie, Brn2Win. 5 wins this week coming against Hartford :team314: (18-7-2), Lehigh Valley :team302: (17-10-0), Cleveland :team317: (9-15-3), Toronto :team298:, & Laval :team778:. The only blemish on his record this week came to Bridgeport :team315: (20-7-0) and that was only a 1-0 loss. The win against Hartford was a good start to the week against @Im4thLineWorthy , @Scumbag Jared , and @Dualtz who of course are well known in the league. A close game with a lot of penalties and shots. The TOA was about even as well. While it wasn't a game where Brn2Win stood on his head, it is still a quality win. I like the win at Lehigh Valley for the main reason that he went up against 2 out of the 3 top scorers on the team. I don't like that Brn2Win only faced 9 shots. But can't completely blame him for his defense being good in the game. No comment on the other 3 wins as they were against teams who I believe should be easy wins for Belleville. Finally, I mentioned Brn's only loss a little bit when I talked about Cloud earlier. It was a very close game and definitely not a loss to hang your head about.

3. :team349:/:team410: @TheGreech - 87.7 SV% [2-1-1 1.97 GAA] - Greech is another victim to the trade this week. He will be playing for the Comets this week. Last week Greech picked up wins against San Jose :team519: (18-9-1) & Manitoba :team307:. A regulation loss to San Diego :team518: and an OT loss to San Antonio :team363: made his record 2-1-1. I really like the win against the Barracuda because it was against their best line and leading point scorer in the AHL @Ezreal . While Manitoba is a good team, Greech did play their worst line on the team. That's easily shown by only shooting the puck 9 times compared to the 21 by Rockford. The Gulls showed that they have some talent in their win against Greech. There were 2 ECU's playing in front of him, but this game wasn't even close. Lastly, a 1-0 OTL to the Rampage can be mainly blamed on your offense for only generating 8 shots in a game. Like come on. You have almost 8 min TOA and shoot the puck 8 times? Not your fault Greech.

• Like Like x 13
    No Streaming Account
  2. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    Dan Hutton can eat my shorts. Nice write up

• Like Like x 1
    DunksDynasty
  3. TheCloud IX