Future Suggestions for the next ESHL sponsored Tourney

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Mar 17, 2019.

1. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    What are some changes we'd like to see based on the first tournament that was just completed?

I will list the ideas people suggest or complained about this season below.

1.) Roster size changed from 8 to 9

2.) Roster Substitutions - (add/drops/replacements)No limit to roster replacement as long as they're not on a roster or werent dropped from a roster. PREVENT FORFIETS, close once playoffs start?

3.) 8 playoff teams to 12/16 playoff teams

4.) Playoffs best of 5, change to Best of 7 playoffs or at least finals Best of 7

@Tris10 @LG McDonald

*Anymore ideas or suggestions, comment or post below

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Winner x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  2. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    Some way to balance the scheduling. No idea how to approach it but it would ensure teams aren’t top 12-16 due to schedule only.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    I thought that to but for the most part everyone who should of been top 12-16 if you look at the standings was. Top 8 a little more to do with the scheduling but top 16 it seemed to balance itself out pretty well over that many games

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  4. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    I think it is to avoid serious outliers. For example, look at GG no re schedule. Not many top teams would make playoffs with something like that. I agree it didn’t significantly impact it this season but it could in future seasons.

• Informative Informative x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. l1l Bones l3l

l1l Bones l3l BBB Owner

Ratings:
    +827 / 40 / -41
    If a the full match is played the result of that match must stand regardless of wrong settings, rules, player subs etc.

Both teams need to be accountable before every match to make sure everything is legit and playing that match means both parties agree. Meaning the results can not be reversed.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    BonesOnDemand
  6. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263

• Winner Winner x 3
    APsychicTaco
  7. NYGeorge61

NYGeorge61 Curious George

Ratings:
    +275 / 20 / -17
    Get new league owners, not someone who will laugh while fucking a team over.

Someone like Nuge

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Funny x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    You mean like in LG?

Is it too late for roster swaps @ShortyxLOSE

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. keso_paghuni

keso_paghuni Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +720 / 1 / -5
    -Play on PS4, games trash on XB1
    -Top 12/16 teams instead of 8

Keso_Paghuni
  10. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Thanks for all feedback.

@SweeT 9 LoU 84 , its #1 & #2 sorta the same? A couple things to consider about roster size, sponsors (like meta) limit the # of prizes so the whole team might not get a prize.

Also i do like the idea of unlimited roster moves, but let me ask this, how do you protect the player from being unfairly dropped?

Also next event will be 16 playoff teams.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    1.) In old ESHL formats we only picked the 6 starters to get the prizes and that’s how it is for many leagues and tournaments. The jerseys are cool but I don't think anyone would really be that upset if they didn't get one. Again Esports (as of now) is more about the respect and bragging rights than the prizing. Once the money gets bigger it will be more important

2.) No bc roster size is at the beginning of the season but we saw things occur, guys had to quit, guys got stuck at work, guys had other prior commitments (irl sports, holidays celebrations)

Roster size is important so teams can run with guys they’re comfortable playing with and club with regularly when one of their guys isn’t available. Everyone would obviously love to run their main 6 every night but that is difficult bc this isn’t everyone’s full time job and it goes over a monthish span. There were a number of times people had to play their backup G out of position just so they didn’t FF

Replacements is Incase something comes up and a guy has to quit and you don’t have a empty roster spot. As long as they’re not on a team it shouldn’t matter.

As for the drop, when we ran ESHL as a committee, drops had to be agreed upon by player and owner but in the end the owner of the team had the ultimate authority. We usually reviewed the situation but every time I believe we sided with the owner (it only happened a couple times) The making it some dropped players can’t be added to roster was so guys didn’t drop people to help other teams out down the stretch. If they’re dropped their done for just the current tourney

3.) 16 playoff teams, awesome!

SweeT9LoU84
  12. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    The game on PS4 is pretty much the same. In my opinion it even feels a tad slower and incidental contact is just as bad.

The only difference is bumps and actually hitting over there sucks as well. Everything else is exactly the same

Top 12 I think is good but with the random scheduling 16 seems best, especially if you look at the standings from this sort of trial season run

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  13. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    16 team playoff is an obvious fix, it makes the schedule strength matter a little bit less.

Agree 100% with Bones, you shouldn't be able to overturn a loss for something that should have prevented the game from being started.

Lastly, the playoff schedule has to align with the schedule for the entire season. It makes no sense to have the entire season play out Sunday and Thursday evening, and then turn the last two rounds into a weekend matinee. Now if they wanted to start the night earlier so that a potential game 7 isn't being played at 12:30 on a work night, there's logic to that from a viewership standpoint but switching the entire schedule up was too drastic IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    How do I protect myself from being unfairly banned ?

... don’t worry about how individual teams are run i.e rosters

The league “owners” have enough issues to sort out

You guys ruin every season with your meddlesome rules

It’s a video game, thanks

No Streaming Account
  15. BRIEREx

BRIEREx The Gr8 One

Discord:
    DannyBriere#2561
    Ratings:
    +627 / 15 / -24
    100%, at least keep the games that night, even if both teams want the games to start later then do so. It should be best on best not "who's the best available" who decide the games. Understand that not all teams will run into that but it definitely could.

No Streaming Account
  16. JmOnEy2436

JmOnEy2436 Goalie Consultant

Ratings:
    +929 / 9 / -14
    Obviously this may come as biased based on the events that happened but I am presenting my thoughts as if I were commissioner and never be a player again.

I understand the reasoning for the proposal, but this is the exact opposite of how appeals work in every sport. When a team violates a rule, you let the umpire/ref/league/etc. know immediately and then let the opposing team shoot them self in the foot. If you win the game you drop the appeal. Why should Team B be responsible for Team A following the rules?

This is where term 'playing under protest' comes from. Changing the rule to where playing the game means waiving your right to protest will lead to scenarios where teams are at a standoff where 1 team wants to play and the other team refuses to play (since they don't want to waive that right) and two teams are now holding their d***s for hours.

Applying this to the playoff scenario that happened, if we refused to play not only would that have looked just as bad on stream compared to what did transpire, but lets say we argued for 20 min to which then Jemima showed up. They then switch their lineup to include Jemima in the lineup to avoid that possible forfeit. Did we now lose the ability to call an FF since they clearly did not have a proper 6 until well after game time?

Even if this playoffs went without controversy. I do believe that although it would be nice to let opposing teams know if they are violating the rules, it should not be necessary to protect opponents. When you sign up for the league you should be aware of the rules and you risk violating them at your own risk. If you see a violation, report it to the league and let them decide it afterwards.

P.S. Communication between the league and teams/players is a separate issue which did contribute to these situations. Also speed of rulings when it came to the finals. We should not have had to wait until halfway through game 2 to receive a ruling from game 1. And FYI I'm the one that offered to restart game 2 instead of having the option of another FF. The league did NOT say that an FF would happen, but based on how late the game was it seemed like it would head that way but I took that decision out of the leagues hands because it would have made an unfortunate situation that much worse.

Edit: I’m ok with saying that the protest needs to mentioned to both the opposing team/league at the time of the violation. Example: illegal sub- back out of the matchup screen, inform league and team that the game will be under protest for this reason, and then play the game with everyone aware that it could get reversed. This does NOT mean that extra time can be granted on top of the normal extra time to fix the illegal sub.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    TheCreasePolice
  17. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    • More playoff teams - Agree
    • Later times for the Live Event - Agree
    • Unlimited subs, based on the restriction the player has NOT played yet on another team - Agree
    • Better and more accurate community from League Officials and Team Managers - 100% agree.
    There were definitely two situations during the event that miscommunication played a factor in game results. At this level it is incredibly unfortunate and frustrating. Both situations could have been avoided if I was more accurate in what I said and who I said it to. That is something I will ensure is cleaned up for future events.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  18. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    - Roster Size needs to be expanded to 9 or 10
    - Unlimited Roster Drops as long as the replacing player was not rostered previously
    - Playoff teams to 16
    - Overall very successful

No Streaming Account
  19. Gabseh

Gabseh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 22 / -45
    No FF in playoffs

riorio56tv