Media Questionnaire From Our AHLER'S

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Im4thLineWorthy, Mar 21, 2019.

?

More of these?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. TLDR

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    Hello AHL,

Have a good read from a questionnaire i sent out to people. It is anonymous because I thought you would get better responses from the guys that were asked without salt being thrown around from the responses.

Thanks everyone who answered I appreciate it. I got EGO'd by some with not even a reply then i see them typing in the CB.

If you like more of these reads i will send more out to other players. All asked same questions BTW in this thread some just responses in a different format.

ENJOY.

1) Would you say the talent in the AHL this season is competitive?
    The season so far has seen lots of competition between teams and it seems most teams can beat any team on any night. Each division is tight with either multiple top teams or a bunch of average teams.

2) When the “NHL” elites came down do you think it should be no longer allowed or do you like it for the AHL?
    I don't have a problem with "NHL Elites" coming down because it is a team game and one man can not win you the championship in this current game. Also, the players that have come down in recent seasons have never really dominated and were a shoo-in to win the championship. It takes more than 2 NHL players to win it all. If they want to come down I have no problem letting them come down.

3) Who are your surprise(s) in the AHL this season? Good or Bad.
    It seems to be the regulars being good again but, San Diego I thought would put out a better team. As well I thought Hershey would be a bottom feeder but, seem to be trending in the right direction.

4) Any player(s) you see this season you think went under the radar? Or wish they were on your team?
    Yea that 4thlineworthy guy went for way too cheap. Every season there are always guys who go for 500k and light up the league.

5) Who is your Calder cup preview?
    BridgePort and Colorado will be playing the cup when it comes to a end.

6) Who is going to be the upset team that is knocked out 1st round?
    Stockton

7) Do you think the east VS west is balanced?
    The West Pacific seems to be the strongest like usual and then the Central is mediocre. Then the Northern and Atlantic divisions in the East are pretty close with a few outliers.

8) Who is your MVP?
    Dimitri

9) Do you turd in NHL 19?
    Not much

10) If you could play with 1 player in the league who would it be?
    Sergachev x 31

I would say in each division besides the Pacific there is a clear cut top 4. I would say this is probably one of the weakest seasons I’ve been in when it comes to standings.

2) When the “NHL” elites came down do you think it should be no longer allowed or do you like it for the AHL?
    It depends on the situation and what they have accomplished in the N. I believe if a top C in the N comes down and want to own, they have to switch to Defense or G. If they wanna continue to play C then they have to go into bidding.

Laval with the wins they have, have beaten top teams which is odd for a team that is doing absolutely terrible. I am also surprised that certain teams are not dominating there division. Not calling anyone out.

4) Any player(s) you see this season you think went under the radar? Or wish they were on your team?
    No, but I honestly haven’t been paying attention.

I won’t be biased in picking my own team. So I would say Hartford V Colorado

Anyone in the Pacific getting knocked out in the first round. You could argue any team in that division.

For the most part yes. Only division I would say that needs to be “balanced” is Pacific

8) Who is your MVP?
    I know it’s a forward only award, but I would say Dimitri. Guy has played with a TC D for basically 5 weeks and has done well.

Of course, half my skill is flicking up with hope and prayer. AMEN JESUS CHRIST!

I honestly couldn’t give an answer without naming multiple people. There is a bunch of people who I enjoy playing with and do well with. So I can’t answer this question with out changing my mind ever 5 minutes.

Yes, definitely the most competitive ahl ive been in, even tho this is my 2nd szn in the a.

Uh personally it depends how much success youve had, but it does make the league more interesting and competitive. I do but dont agree with it being allowed

Moose doin well and the gulls doin poorly

O N3MESIS, very underrated. Wouldve been on my line if lapo didnt find out about it. So i wish he was on my line.

Eagles Vs Bridgeport

6) Who is going to be the up set team that is knocked out 1st round?
    Iowa or Belleville

Id say the east might be more competitive

8) Who is your MVP?
    Dimitri. Its not even close.

Used too a lotttttt, but when its there ya

10) If you could play with 1 playerin the league who would it be?
    4th or Krawch

8) Who is your MVP?

1) yes
    2) Elites, no... the sitfuls & odies should never be allowed to own... but if put in bidding.. fair game. but Nhl Midtier/botton tier like myself.. absolutely.
    3) cant say not familiar with ahl talent
    4)^
    5)bridgeport vs stockton
    6)Colorado or Ontario.
    7)Not at all, west is the best
    8)Ezreal, kid is a freak
    9)who doesn't? turds are the way to go
    10) 4thLine obvs ;)

1)Would you say the talent in the AHL this season is competitive?

I think the talent is there in the AHL. Best it has been for a few seasons but I think it can be more competitive but not sure if that is a good thing when NHL is supposed to be the best and it always will be but when the AHL gets better another league is getting worse in my opinon.

Don’t think the elites should come down and be won in bidding and called up because that’s bad for the league. I think seeing the players that did come down will encourage other NHL players to come down also. NHL players should never be allowed to manage I think if they have any sort of success in the NHL reason being them being a 0 contract is already crazy cause any NHL player will be 5+ million in AHL bidding.

Ontario hands down. They were supposed to be shit and are hanging with the top guys. But Josh is a guy who would be 5 mil in AHL because of his NHL seasons. Another surprise to be honest is Manitoba because everyone thought getting CT was going to screw them. Scary thing is if CT starts going like he can… that team is going to be better than they are now. The Nifty line was a surprise in the AHL to me but we will see how it goes if they ever start playing good teams.

Niftys line like a said was a surprise. I think DarkAngel being moved at 500K was weird because he was doing well where he was and is a good player on his contract. Another player I think under the Radar actually is Gonqzilla. I get hes with an NHL C but he is showing he is a steal at 500K. Not sure if I would want him on my team but definitely is someone who is making a name for himself.

My Calder cup preview is Rochester and Stockton. Stockton I think everyone is so focused on their top line they don’t realize Drxma and Backstrom are killing it. Crazy to think Dunks OR smitter are not on their go to line. This is a team that will be hard to beat because even if you steal a game against Reiders line…. There isn’t your typical “must win” line. Don’t count Bridgeport out either… Freak has helped them a lot and with Freak already in sell mode he might push to make them even stronger….

I think my upset is Hartford. That will be the biggest shock to see them out round 1. IF its not them its got to be Colorado. I don’t see other knock outs really being an upset. (this does not include my two teams in calder preview)

I think the east is better than the west…. West is top heavy but they have teams that are just not good and all the top teams in the west have a field day for 2 PTs.

8) Who is your MVP?

Im4thLineWorthy is my MVP. He wont win it I don’t think. But whenever his line loses… it’s a CB nightmare because everyone knows how good him and Jared are together. The classic “gg 4th and co” proves everyone gets fired up beating the best….
    MVP winner to me will be a Dman.. itll be tough but Dimitri has to be looked at. Besy Dman in the AHL no question.

Do you want to win? Or do you want to be bitched at for losing off turds? Stop complaining how the game is played and play the way its meant to play.. TURDS.

Dimitri, 4th, Jared, Fox all those NHL caliber guys are a no brainer. This question is tough to answer because who doesn’t want to be carried. Id like to see how fun it would be though playing with a guy like notorious.

I think this is the most competitive it's been in quite a few seasons.

It's interesting to think actually. What I believe happened is a lot of the "more known names" went up to the NHL, which allowed for some new talent to shine. Then this season we have a few names coming down, a few names coming back from retirement, and the first line folks from the last couple seasons. This results in what most have been calling, the strongest AHL in a long time.

I personally don't care. I don't think any 1st line NHLer came down, and that's all the league was ever trying to prevent from happening if I'm not mistaken. I think the current guidelines work pretty good as far as ensuring a competitive NHL/AHL.

Jeesh, this one could be lengthy... There is honestly plenty of things that have surprised me so far.

To keep it pretty light and simple though, on the West; how about the Moose and Reign. I have to be honest, those are two teams that are performing way beyond my expectations. I was expecting both to be around mid pack.

On the East side of things, I feel like I keep waiting for Charlotte to bounce back and it hasn't happened yet. Rochester and Syracuse continue to impress me, and they are two teams I have zero idea would be as good as they are. Those two teams are honestly my dark horses for the East finalists. I don't know for sure on Rochester but Syracuse has been playing some SWEATY game 7 Calder finals hockey since game 1 of this season, so look out for them in playoffs, they will be ready.

That Moose line is hard to ignore, you've got Nifty who went 42nd in the draft, Murdss who went 89th, and NJ Zajac 19 who was 500k in bidding.

I know like 2 out of 9 FWDs on Bridgeports roster, they are exceeding my expectations but I don't think they count as "under the radar".

That Nezzy guy seems to be pleasing Fourth and the boys, late DP pick at 500k, who doesn't want that on their roster?

That Downtown55 guy is a solid price, but unfortunately being held hostage by Poopie.

Is there anyone that doesn't want Reiders at 1.5M?

This is a really hard question... In the East it's hard to ignore Bridgeports Dcore. Defense in this game goes a long way. On the West I think Colorado is best suited for playoffs, they have 3 capable lines.

I don't think I can name a specific team here, but the 2nd/3rd team in the North and Pacific are both gearing up to be a clash of two really strong teams. It almost doesn't even matter how the standings shake down. I think two teams will unfortunately walk away more disappointed than the other round 1 exits after those series come playoff time.

Hm, I'm going to base my answer strictly off the top 16 teams that will make playoffs. I personally think the West is stronger, but not by much.

My reasoning behind that is off evaluating the potential playoff match ups. I think there will be 2 teams on the East who will make playoffs that aren't "great", while only 1 "not great" team will be in the West bracket.

8) Who is your MVP?

This one is a tough question, but based on how useful they are to their team and their teams success I think it comes down to one of the following: Nifty, Murds, 4thline, Jared, Josh, Welder, Reiders, Dimitri.

It's so hard to pick one guy, this is easily the toughest call to make every season, but I think those guys above have the biggest impact on their respective teams. I think without their lines or success they are having and I think their team drops a noticeable amount in the standings.

I like to win games, but I typically try not turd unless I have to. That being said I think once playoffs get closer though we will start to see a lot of "elite" lines turd way more, myself included.

I'm pretty happy with my lineup, but if I had to pick someone it would likely be one of the bigger name defenders. Anyone along the lines of C9/Lapo, Dimitri, Bell/NiteOwl.

8) Who is your MVP?

1. No, but it never is. You have a select group of teams who are always good and then you have everyone else who are just there.

2. I think anyone should play wherever they want to.

3. San Diego sucking is a surprise.

4. Nobody under the radar. Most players at the top in points just play shitters. And the other guys play together a lot or are just good players in general so I expect them to be high in points

5. I'd say Stockton & Bridgeport. Defense is key. Especially in the AHL where the forward talent isn't as high. If you a solid core of dmen, you can go far.

6. Rochester or Syracuse. It's a shitty division so they can be gone. Iowa because it's Mackie.

7. I think the Western Pacific has been overpowered for numerous seasons now. And the Eastern North has been weak now for multiple seasons.

8. I don't care who the MVP is.

9. I only turd usually when I play defense so my forwards can get tips because it's overpowered and why not take advantage of what the game gives me. I'd rather cycle on offense and get one timers, but the people I always play with have no clue how to do any of that.

10. On offense I'd like to actually play with any forward who knows how to cycle and pass a puck around without forcing. On defense I'd like to play with a dman who isn't play 4th forward all the time and sucking at it. Pretty much just put me on a team with people who know how to play the game. I'm sick of playing with idiots.

For me at my level it's the right level of competition. I never feel overwhelmed or under challenged.

I'm fine with the trickle down. I would prefer we don't see them group together and cause an unleveled play field.

- No answer -

- No answer -

Bridgeport vs Stockton

Iowa

I think the balance is as good as can be expected when you are seeing so much turnover year to year.

8) Who is your MVP?
    - No answer -

As defence I shoot low point shots. Very few get through to the goalie. Is that still a turd?

Dunks

8) Who is your MVP?

1) I think the talent in the AHL has gone down a little bit this season, due to the top dawgs last season moving up. It doesn’t mean that it isn’t competitive because you see the Pacific division with 4 powerhouse teams and you can’t tell who will make it out.
    2) It should be allowed. Players should have the freedom to do what they feel would make them have fun/be successful.
    3) Good:
    Manitoba Moose: Ctrain built a great squad even when spending 9m on one player
    SJ Barracuda: Nobody really expected them to be near the top so they definitely deserve it for being very consistent.
    Bad:
    Charlotte Checkers: Nothing has gone right with this team. From trading players that weren’t the problem to putting 2.5m on a goalie.Moist probably still thinks his team can do something but I’ll say right now youre buns.
    4) Nezzy aka Neddy
    5) Bridgeport vs Colorado
    10) Krawch or Fourth

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Gthumbz42o

Gthumbz42o Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gthumbz42o#1892
    Ratings:
    +294 / 11 / -19
    Nice write up 4th

• Winner Winner x 3
    Gthumbz
  3. Studz x 7

Studz x 7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 3 / -10
    Great write 4th. Really enjoying these Q&A write-ups.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. TheCloud IX

TheCloud IX Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cloudicus#0
    Ratings:
    +428 / 21 / -34
    So are we still keeping this MVP award a forward thing? Because @Dimitri x 91 sure got a lot of support for that award.

• Like Like x 2
    mrcloudicuss
  5. skyre6

skyre6 Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,163 / 9 / -45
    #1 is Neil btw.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. CTRAlN 15

CTRAlN 15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +671 / 142 / -106
    9 is probably mackie

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ctrain2002
  7. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    Shocker.

• Like Like x 1
    DunksDynasty
  8. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    Idk who you are but this made me smile :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DunksDynasty
  9. B Tep55566

B Tep55566 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 3 / -9
    Lmao #7 thinks his shit doesnt stink huge ego

No Streaming Account
  10. xGabella

xGabella Wheelin N Dealin

Discord:
    gabella19#0
    Ratings:
    +440 / 39 / -18
    I like it. How about do one with an AHL retire :)

• Like Like x 1
    Gabella19
  11. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. Dip City Don

Dip City Don AKA Lynn Guini

Discord:
    Don#7945