League News April 19 GameChanger’s Event

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Apr 22, 2019.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    As some of you may have seen I am headed to Vancouver this week along side some of the other GameChangers for the first event in the next instalment of NHL.

As a representative of the competitive community and 6s hockey, to be more specific, I am looking for your wish list when it comes to EASHL, and game play

Things like dressing room errors, slow speed collision bumps and server selection for club challenge games are all on my hot list of items to address.

Post your wish list of items you’d like to see addressed!

Follow me on Twitter @_LG_McDonald for updates during the event this week.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. zMON5T3R

zMON5T3R Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zmon5t3r#0
    Ratings:
    +347 / 33 / -64
    A team practice lobby

• Like Like x 52
    • Winner Winner x 17
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. UTackleFatKids

UTackleFatKids Damn It Blame do your job

Ratings:
    +693 / 50 / -61
    When you take the G off the ice have the CPU be the human

• Like Like x 35
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    utacklefatkids
  4. P GUIN91

P GUIN91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 15 / -30
    New end of game cellys if you win at home ya big jerk

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  5. P GUIN91

P GUIN91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 15 / -30
    I second this. Would make the game very interesting

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Therabidpanther

Therabidpanther 500k bust

Discord:
    Therabidpanther#9540
    Ratings:
    +332 / 37 / -58
    Face scan would be interesting, I assume it can't be too hard to add since they have it in NBA Live

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    TheRabidPanther
  7. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    What is the point? They don't listen, game gets worse every year.

If anything ask for the opposite and you might get what you want .

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Useful x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. afbMART27

afbMART27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -5

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Crankov

Crankov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 22 / -61
    Make turd rebounds irrelevant. Have a option to change goalie helmet colours.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. xSnipeSter

xSnipeSter Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Snipe#5807
    Ratings:
    +395 / 28 / -59
    When the puck drops in the crease area your player can actually shoot the puck or tap it in the net and not fan on it 50 times until the defensemen clears the puck out, the most unrealistic thing in the game.

• Like Like x 7
    • Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. ka2good

ka2good Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 3 / -6
    Jostling for position on and off the puck. Like give the defenders the ability to slow down puck carrier with body contact. Ability to poke check when your in front and side of the player without tripping. Defenders should have the ability to use sticks as a tool to defend. Bumps need to not happen as muc. Breakaway speed as a frwd. Another cool option would be allowing users to go into a game with 2-3 different builds. If the players team is down in a game he could simply go into the bench and do a “line change” and come back onto the bench with a different build. One timers need to be more effective. Nice plays are being made but the shots go wide or the goalie too often makes a highlight reel save. This game did not reward good hockey plays

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. Crux l20l

Crux l20l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Crux l20l#9294
    Ratings:
    +101 / 6 / -13
    A button to keep your goalie squared up to the shot and not open up.

• Like Like x 5
    cruxl20l_
  13. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    get rid of auto animations for EVERYTHING.

speed separation when on a breakaway by 6 strides and get caught from behind.

lower bumps. it happens BUT not to nhl19s extent

stop screwing goalies lol

accidental contact needs to be nerfed.

need to punish people for using stick lift and being out of position. make it a penalty everytime just like poke check was when 19 first came out.

or last suggestion and probably the best.... lets just remaster nhl14 it was much better

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    ridleywr24cb
  14. Gh0sT 1369

Gh0sT 1369 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230 / 190 / -180
    I'd love to see ea embrace a skill gap ...

Get rid of auto puck pick ups, intercepts , and let us press a button or use the skill stick to reach out and grab a puck.

Give us a completely customizable controller layout, and an alternate button, so say someone sets LB to alternate, they can then press A for a stick lift or left bumper + A to poke , or whatever their heart desires .... This would obviously improve many things it would also allow for more in depth on the fly coaching ...

Coaching ... We are still using Marc Crawfords NHL 04 strategies, which was super awesome at the time, I remember Marc even explained these strategies and how to execute them, no one now adays would believe ea got one of the best coaches of the day to help out with their game . But we need more depth , we need to set player tendencies even, like ovechkin doesn't even feel like ovie, he doesn't set up the same, doesn't have the same shot, the same toe on his stick, the same grit . We need to be able to set if a player is a shoot first or pass first, where he likes to go on the ice, is he going for hits, pokes, or stick lifts , and in what zone does he prefer to do these things, maybe he is Scott Stevens and likes to swing behind his defense partner and destroy people on his blue line ... Goalie puck play frequencies and intellegence needs to be improved as well, Mike Smith is a great example of why this is important, so was Marty Turco .

Logic ... Currently AI only have pass logic which they just received in NHL 18, now it's time to get on blue line logic, red line logic, hit logic, trap logics, step up logic ... Lol really the AI just needs logic in every department.

Super human reaction speeds gotta go, humans don't react instantly and the AI reacts as fast as a person can hit the button , even alot of pass interceptions are ridiculous because of this, and the ability for a player to reach through himself to get the puck .

Puck pickups also shouldn't happen through a players feet , nor should the puck warp to the player or through his feet to his stick.

Gotta start rewarding players for facing the play and punishing those who don't

Shot physics really need some work , should be able to throw the puck out three feet then have it go 90 degrees and score, this isn't caddy shack ...

Obviously better servers , since hut dedicated servers happened my lag has been extra high .

You know, you probably should just hire me ...

Oh and how about goalies, how lame is it to sit there position yourself and hope for the best ?!?! Seriously who thought that was a great idea , get in my office, cuz you're fucking fired !! There should be an indicator of where the player is lining up , this way goalies can anticipate better, and when come shot time if the goalie has his circle over the indicator it would drastically increase his chance to save it, a goalie should always have a base chance to save, but this would really help create a skill gap. I mean seriously who wants to rely on the damn game, you can be having the best game of your life , but the game hates you and everything goes in , or you could play like crap , always be floating away from the puck, but the game loves you , it's absolutely absurb and ridiculous this idea even exists in video games , it's why I hated shadow of Mordor and assissins creed , one button does it all , hold a to run everywhere and X to kill everything, good day ... Lazy games by lazy game makers .

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  15. Shields x 4

Shields x 4 Don’t poke the bear

Discord:
    rds l 67 l#3659
    Ratings:
    +65 / 3 / -12
    An animation for your defenseman to hold it onside

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. DjinnJee

DjinnJee Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DjinnJee#6518
    Ratings:
    +18 / 8 / -2
    Tuners and patches specifically made for competitive 6s gameplay. When they make patches, they’re usually revolving around HUT and VS and it doesn’t mesh well with 6s.

Also, somehow finding a way to create a skill gap for L2. Just because Sydney Crosby can do things in real life doesn’t mean every other player can. The same should be for gameplay. Sure maybe JClaus can L2 like a champ, but not everyone should be able to pull off those moves with a simple trigger pull. Maybe instead of a speed burst slow it down. I don’t know, I just think there needs to be a skill gap for things like that.

Third, physics. The puck bounces and lack of puck control is out of control. Incidental contact makes sense SOMETIMES, but losing the puck just because someone happens to be next to you is a little ridiculous, especially when playing defense in the slot trying to clean up rebounds, or get a shot off as a forward.

More love for goalies and defensemen, goalies especially. Right now playing goalie is more about playing against the mechanics of the game rather than against other players.

• Like Like x 1
    DjinnJee
  17. Boogie x6

Boogie x6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 15 / -15
    the shortcut menus added are a good start, but expand on them. I should be able to click a shortcut on the main screen and go exactly where I'm trying to go (like the 6s DR), not just into EASHL where I'm still 5 clicks from the DR. Most people in this game only play 1 or 2 game modes frequently.

remove the bogus animations like unnecessarily reaching for the puck n front of the net or being locked into dragging your skate at the blue line. In 1000+ games this season, none of them have resulted in a positive outcome

improve goalie recognition of loose pucks in front of them

reduced rebounds from low shots (or add a perk to reduce them)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    You should ask them what the chances are of switching to a subscription based system. Every edition of NHL is basically a reskin + patch anyways atleast this way people can't be disappointed when they pay 70 dollars for the exact same game with worse music and shitty menus.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Matt4for4

Matt4for4 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    matt4for4#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 8 / -12
    have 2-3 builds into a game where you can go to bench to line change out different builds. I don't need to be a defensive dman on a pp

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  20. Joonetic

Joonetic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 3 / -9
    Remove faceoff king from the game

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account