League News April 19 GameChanger’s Event

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Burke x55

Burke x55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Burke x55#7110
    Ratings:
    +29 / 4 / -2
    being able to earn hockey bags after getting max level other than from 1s

bburke08
  2. IlIBRINKS

IlIBRINKS Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BRINKS#3969
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -1
    Too easy to get knocked off the puck. Bumps from behind should RARELY cause a player to lose the puck, if ever. Just a disruption in skating while remaining in control of the puck would be fine.

Pokes check penaltys should be slightly tweaked, not to the nhl 18 extent, but it shouldn't always result in a trip if u miss the puck.

Puck pick up automations need to go. If it can't be perfected don't have it in the game at all.

The ability to change builds mid would be cool.

Goalies who sit in the middle of net and hardly move should be easier to beat. reward the goalies for squaring up and reading plays

No Streaming Account
  3. Looped61

Looped61 LGBA PSN S5 Nets GM

Discord:
    looped61#0
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -1
    Give defensemen more tools to stop deflections!! Bring back the NHL 12 Net battles where you have to jostle for position in front of the net.

Also, an EASHL mode where there’s more than 1 line so you have to change lines mid game.

douglaslupo
  4. Blinding-Light--

Blinding-Light-- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    blinding_light__#0
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1
    I'll be captain obvious, we want a realistic hockey experience. Whatever happens or doesn't happen in real life NHL, that's what we want. So I think gameplay and physics would be the focus. One of my pet peeves:Wrist Shots from the slot, like 10 feet away are usually automatic saves.

No Streaming Account
  5. Deets39x

Deets39x Season 18 Calder Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +46 / 5 / -8
    IMPROVEMENTS TO THE GAME

1) Puck pick ups need to be improved; many times skaters skate right over the puck or can be pulled into an awful animation that can be uncontrollable until animation is complete.

2) improved hit box and better collision physics for hits; too ofter a player just rolls off an obvious hit.

3) Puck collision physics need a rework. EX. when a player is poke checked ; the momentum of the player poking the puck should either make the puck lose speed or it should move in the opposite direction creating a turnover. There are many times the puck will be poked but will continue at the same speed of the player who had original possession of the puck and allows the original puck carrier to maintain possession without interuption.

4) DR Errors need to be a bad memory and never occur again

5) Improved servers; albeit the servers seemed to have improved over the last few weeks..

6) Upon disconnection players should be sent back to their DR instead of all the way back to the main menu

7) There needs to be an adjustment to how a player receives a pass. This usually happens when skating to receive a breakout pass; the player receiving the stretch pass is pulled into an uncontrollable animation with the AI taking control of the user skating for the puck and the user cannot adjust or prevent the animation.

Deets39
  6. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    -Increase pass speed. It makes the game feel faster even though the skaters will stay the same speed.

- Get rid of the one hand backhand puck pickup. It is infuriating when I am in a better position to pick up a loose puck and some guy who is not in a great position, just goes in an animation and picks up the puck with a one hand reach. It is also maddening when a pass gets intercepted by a player with this animation as well.

- Bring back Create a Play for versus/HUT

- Let us create faceoff formations in a club creation mode and have them as the presets on the d pad.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. VeNOM3O99

VeNOM3O99 Ultra Instinct (Sign) Goalie

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    I don't mind the bumps per se (when I play skater) what irks me about EA's implementation of the mechanic is how bumps from behind cause the puck to stop its forward momentum and actually go BACKWARDS. What fucking imaginary world does EA live in where a player pushing the puck FORWARD gets hit from BEHIND and the puck goes BACK into the player who just bumped you's stick??

Bumps causing a stumble? Ok. Bumps causing a temporary loss of puck control? Ok. Bumps causing the puck to somehow get sucked backwards? Fuckin' PUH-LEASE!!

VeNOM3099
  8. Imperial_Blaze94

Imperial_Blaze94 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1
    I would like to see a team practice lobby as well as some goalie adjustments such as post to post sliding and goalie animations when players are skating behind the net also the delay on auto covers or covers in general I feel there is a delay on when a goalie will cover a lose puck in front of them or behind them giving the opposing team to get easy pick ups in front of the net. As I continuous goalie in the EASHL myself I feel there are a lot of adjustments to be made on goalie play and movement animations.

imperial_blaze94
  9. Nypd09

Nypd09 Nypd09

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Make it more like NHL 15 from PlayStation 3 more service for better connections I miss being able to set up my player exactly how I want it

No Streaming Account
  10. BarDownNinja

BarDownNinja Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bardownninja#0
    Ratings:
    +43 / 13 / -66
    Bring back Broken Glass and being able to hit players into the benches and Practice lobbies, fighting for positioning, user goalie pulled for extra attacker the extra attacker will be user controlled not CPU.

BarD0wnNinja
  11. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    two dollah?

• Funny Funny x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. toslick

toslick Well-Known Member

Discord:
    toslick#0
    Ratings:
    +71 / 8 / -44
    Bring back Playoffs. 09 and 10 EASHL meant something

No Streaming Account
  13. Malkxn71

Malkxn71 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Malkin71_-#7108
    Ratings:
    +88 / 5 / -15
    OTP lobbies should be considered like @canuckftc12W said, OTP was a good way to find and make new friends, and build clubs with.

• Like Like x 1
    Malkxn71
  14. Whalefan26

Whalefan26 Expert Popcorn Eater

Discord:
    CKxWhalefan26#2821
    Ratings:
    +588 / 32 / -37
    Here's my wishlist, now I know this is really hard for these devs to figure out so let me get my mega-phone.

-Add ECHL into Franchise Mode so I can make AHLers get the Kelly Cup instantly.

-Let's incorporate two minutes where I can take practice shots on the goaler and maybe some fighting practice with the other team? After all I'm a CHL lifer so might as well tbh.

-Broadcaster Mode: I heard a couple guys talk about this and I'd enjoy commentating CHL games with this, although the only thing I see with this is if the gamertags will pop up over the player names.

-I haven't really like the defensive aspect of the game when you have to bump people off the puck three times just to keep it. Let's improve this a bit.

-Fuck LTing that shits for basic bitches.

Other than that, I can't wait to annoy EA with more emails about the next game.

CKxWhalefan26
  15. Twistafied

Twistafied #89

Discord:
    Twist#2803
    Ratings:
    +676 / 22 / -58
    2 very important but overlooked issues:

1. Bat-downs
    At the competitive level, players use shot passes, saucer passes, and flip/dump passes. The bat-downs can turn a 5,000 IQ play into a horrendous turnover. All due to something that happens purely out of luck for the defending team.

Suggestion: Either remove bat-downs altogether, or use the X button as the bat-down button. Players must time it perfectly. If not, their player should slow down or stop skating while failing to bat it down.

2. Shots in the D-zone or Neutral zone
    About 20% of the time, when performing a shot in the D-zone or neutral zone, the puck stays on the ice with zero elevation. It can turn a smart play into a costly giveaway.

Suggestion: All shots should be elevated in the D-zone and neutral zone. NHL09-NHL18 were fine with this.

Twistafied
  16. BLGoalie

BLGoalie Well-Known Member

Discord:
    PowerPak#4826
    Ratings:
    +145 / 27 / -72
    Would love to see some VR goalie action would be a blast

No Streaming Account
  17. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    They can't even get normal goalie working right nevermind VR...

No Streaming Account
  18. BLGoalie

BLGoalie Well-Known Member

Discord:
    PowerPak#4826
    Ratings:
    +145 / 27 / -72
    More control over goalie animations with tips and making a save in general make us have to make the save it will create a skill gap as well as more authentic goalie play

No Streaming Account
  19. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    Olympic sized ice for 6's. Not only will it allow players to create more offense, but it will reduce the ability to play the trap all game long which will make the game play faster.

Allow the option to select a playoff atmosphere when playing a club challenge game (would add to the LG playoffs).

Make dekeing more reliable. Not everyone should be able to deke the same, but dekes should be able to be pulled off way more than they are now.

Penalties need to be looked at. A 5'8" sniper should not be getting tagged with a charging penalty more than a 6'5" defensive dman with heavy hitter on.

Change the meta! Right now the game is made for turds and tips. It's annoying. Make the game more exciting and open it up for good hockey plays.

Get rid of the juicy rebound to the opposite wing when someone shoots a turd. A goalie IRL is not an idiot and can catch the puck most of the time. If there is a rebound usually they will blocker it to the corner or somewhere else. Not perfectly to the crashing winger for an open net.

No Streaming Account
  20. D3S7R0Y3RZ_FTW

D3S7R0Y3RZ_FTW Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D3S7R0Y3RZ#7057
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    1. Dressing room errors
    2. No more hockey bags to open
    3. $$ 6’s tournaments / leagues - pay to play leagues with cash payouts for top players and team staff (owner, GM) paid for by advertisements, sponsors, and player fees
    4. No more significant gameplay changes after game release (except for obvious bugs)
    4. Booting people for being trolls - ability for team captain to boot for poor gameplay (especially in drops)

d3s7r0y3rz