S11 LGAHL PSN Media Team (Recruiting)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by MDConMan, Apr 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    I dont try, it just happens!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    tsibs88
  2. XMeLLoFeTT

XMeLLoFeTT Not a Goalie

Ratings:
    +260 / 14 / -19
    It’s not your fault you’re beautiful

• Like Like x 1
    xmellofett
  3. erinssilence

erinssilence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83
    thats not? but according to @xCaptainComeback thats all we did even though his G was the one that posted the video of him playing that 2 on 1 just perfectly :popcorn:

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    memphisonfirex
  4. JCpens22

JCpens22 IDAPAPPY

Discord:
    Jcpens22#0268
    Ratings:
    +98 / 5 / -18
    Hmmm.. ✍✍✍

jcpens22
  5. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    When someone has to change their name because his previous name is synonymous with immaturity and the inability to not take a video game so seriously, I have little to no concern for their opinion and I suspect most of the league feels the same way. You see after all this time, he still has to GG my comments because he is obsessed with me...very very sad. I hope he gets the help he clearly needs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    tsibs88
  6. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I am going to address this two comments, and this topic overall so we can try and move forward.

First off I believe the perception of what occurred with those awards that season are what have ultimately lead to this point where some frustration has boiled over.

I have some responsibility to take, since I should have addressed this issue when it all occurred, and not a few seasons later.

Just so the community is aware, when I joined LG from VHL, one thing I never had was a true way to determine award winners. Lucky that season on Xbox was extremely competitive and I had a small group of top tier players step up and develop a set criteria that would be used to determine nominations for each award.

The benefit of having an official league criteria, would allow a committee of people get together, use set criteria to determine a nomination list for a body of people to vote on. It also offers transparency to the community as to how players are nominated for an award. Having criteria also allows protection to that committee. If the community has an issue with who was nominated, and the criteria was followed, the community has no leg to stand on since the awards were handled exactly how I intended them to be handled.

Personally I feel it is unfortunate that @Meestah Don and @memphisonfire felt their time was wasted. That is obviously never our intention when we have volunteers step up to handle something of this nature. At the same token, Staff has already taken responsibility for what occurred. @PlusSizePounder admitted that it was on him for not managing the committee correctly, and setting them up for success. It was never intended for Mem, or Don to be the ones who got blamed for what occurred.

[​IMG]

As you can see, PlusSize, openly states it was his fault. Which in turn is my fault as well for not providing him with the tools he needed to be successful therefore allowing our community members who stepped up be successful.

The most unfortunate part of this community is how everyone complains when there is ZERO MEDIA, but when we have media members, the community complains about what the media team produces. Everyone forgets that the LGHL runs strictly 100% off of volunteers. Managers, Media, Staff and even I, are all here as a hobby donating our time to give our players the best experience possible. Sometimes that gets lost along the way.

@TeeSibs I am going to have to respectfully disagree with your statement. No one was "bashed" for their efforts. I've read the convos. There was definitely questions asked about how was nominated, but to say people were bashed is inaccurate in my evaluation of the situation. In my recent discussions with both players, one of their number one concerns simply was the fact that they felt the community blamed them, and it wasn't until now that it was made clear they simply weren't given tools to be successful. The decision to redo the awards was NOT us caving in, it was a result of me requesting they be redone, due to the our official criteria was not used. Both players have also said they would have no issues in redoing the awards at that time, they simply were just upset at how the community reacted, and the fact that the perception was they were to blame which was never our intent. Also, my records show you asking us to pull your LG sign up about a week before ANY of this happened... So to say you left LG because of this? Perhaps to better explain it, you could have said, "I haven't returned to LG yet because of...." Either way Tony I have a lot of appreciation for your contribution to LG and respect whatever you feel regardless if I don't agree with your perception of what occurred.

@MDConMan @AffordableDreams contact me privately, we can discuss how we can do some recruitment threads for next season. I'd like to apologize for hijacking your thread but after reading what was said here, I needed to clear up some of this perception.

• Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.